Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Thomas Grimes

Real Name Thomas Grimes   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SirKnight
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 14, 2005, 23:42
Total Comments 1172 (Pro)
User ID 22923

User comment history
< Newer [ 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ] Older >

News Comments > Call of Duty 7 Rumor, Sort-of
4. Re: Call of Duty 7 Rumor, Sort-of Jan 6, 2010, 15:58 SirKnight

Maybe this time, instead of a side mission where you mow down civilians in an airport, you mow down protesting hippies on a college campus.

I'd play that.

Or better yet, the hippies are throwing rocks and spitting at soldiers coming home and you play as one of those soldiers who goes AWOL and mows them all down. I'm sure that's what they felt like doing.

This comment was edited on Jan 6, 2010, 16:01.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > ARMA II Patch
12. Re: ARMA II Patch Dec 22, 2009, 15:57 SirKnight

not liking Windows 7 64-bit and/or 8GB of RAM.

That's one of the fixes in this patch actually.

News Comments > TF2 Bots Beta
13. Re: TF2 Bots Beta Dec 22, 2009, 13:13 SirKnight

And it's too bad I'm just now finding out about RCBot's TF2 support. Arg! :/  

News Comments > TF2 Bots Beta
12. Re: TF2 Bots Beta Dec 22, 2009, 13:12 SirKnight

OMG FINALLY! Bots!

With my sub-par net connection, this is the only way (other than playing at work, lol) I can play TF2.

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising - Overwatch Announced
7. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising - Overwatch Announced Dec 21, 2009, 14:27 SirKnight

Probably spent too much development time creating the streaming island technology, especially getting it to work on consoles. The game content felt rushed to get it out the door.

The problem is that the island is really boring with no variety in scenery.

Exactly. The game does indeed feel like it was rushed and is no where near complete. To me the game feels more like a beta if anything.

I find DR's game world to be more bland and boring than Far Cry 2, which has a pretty empty environment itself.

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising - Overwatch Announced
6. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising - Overwatch Announced Dec 21, 2009, 14:26 SirKnight

It is true that Arma kicks DR's ass. There's VERY few things I like better about DR. I had hopes for a long time it would be the other way around.

I thought the graphics would have been better but in DR it's really brown and bland. It just looks plain bad. The Battlefield BC engine does a MUCH better job. Even though I have many issues w/ Arma 2's graphics, it still beats DR to pieces.

The overall gameplay and interactivity in Arma 2 blows away DR. Like the graphics, the gameplay in DR is bland.

This game was a HUGE disappointment and no DLC/patch can fix it. It takes a whole re-write. Thus, OFP3.

However, at least DR is not an on-a-rail script fest like CoD. Even with all the faults, I'd still play DR over any CoD without a doubt.'

Unfortunately, we will not have the true mil-sim/Arma killer we want unless the game is made for the PC primarily. But, making it primarily for the consoles, like DR was, we get typical console kiddie crap.

Also, the DR devs always said this is the most realistic this and that for the console and the console never had this kind of real experience before. That's bull. I guess they forgot about Operation Flashpoint Elite for the Xbox. Elite shows you can make a realistic mil-sim on the console that wasn't gimped beyond belief. I'd also say OFP: Elite is better and more realistic than DR. Even with Elite's less than PC quality graphics and HORRIBLE voice acting. The PC version's voice acting, while not worthy of awards, was A LOT better.

News Comments > ARMA 2 Free DLC Plans
9. Re: ARMA 2 Free DLC Plans Dec 11, 2009, 12:49 SirKnight

I hope you're talking about OFP:DR and not the original OFP.

I was about to say the same thing. OFP:DR I can understand. The graphics did suck and the game feels really bland and half assed. There are some good moments though, but few and far between.

The original OFP was great and I still play it.

I went and played a little Arma 2 recently and realized why I have been avoiding it. I only play single player BTW. The AI sucks so damn bad it's a joke. The graphics performance is laughable and the lack of physics makes for some bizarre situations. The controls have improved a lot but still are way too sluggish. It feels like your character is handicapped or something. The driving physics is so crappy I just shake my head. It's almost impossible to drive anything if you expect the vehicle handling to be..you know, realistic and what you'd expect from a vehicle.

I really wish this game engine was open source so I could fix these annoying ass issues myself.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Dec 9, 2009, 11:09 SirKnight

I was just thinking about the Black Mesa mod a few days ago. I watched the trailer they released a year ago again and remember feeling good knowing it would be out in 2009. Now a year later and nothing.

Oh well, it IS a mod group after all and not a company working on this full time. But, since it has been going on so long, if we don't see it in 2010 I'm pretty sure I'll just give up and lose interest.

This comment was edited on Dec 9, 2009, 11:10.

News Comments > EA Wants #1 FPS Spot
37. Re: EA Wants #1 FPS Spot Dec 3, 2009, 15:18 SirKnight

You know that you are no longer relevant as a gamer when you are just stunned into speechlessness at the realization that the market considers Modern Warfare as the definitive FPS...

I feel old.

I couldn't agree with you more. It's fukkin sad man.

News Comments > EA Wants #1 FPS Spot
36. Re: EA Wants #1 FPS Spot Dec 3, 2009, 15:16 SirKnight

What's odd is commercial success does not always mean it's a good/great product. I think it starts from the hype and marketing then continues with presenting shiny things. This gives the illusion that something is good when in fact the shiny aspect is just blinding you of the real product underneath. It can be easy to become carried away by outside appearance.

Take Call of Duty for example. MW2 had a huge budget for hype/marketing and presents you with cinematics that's like a big budget flashy movie (which I personally think has no place in a game). Yet the game play at its core is bland, boring and many steps backwards and only those who don't let them selves get blinded by the flash can see this. Just imagine for a second a game that has the exact game play as MW2 yet without the over-the-top cinematics and hype. It would be a pretty bland game and not sell well at all. There's been a number of low budget games that has the EXACT SAME GAME-PLAY FORMULA as CoD yet they are no where near the financial success even though it's mostly the same damn game. Many even have just as good of graphics or at least pretty close. It's not the game play that makes CoD a top selling brand. Not even close.

It's a shame that in the current world, there's less and less of a place for truly good games that's in the AAA realm. The only thing that can exist now are cookie cutter bland games with a lot of flash giving the APPEARANCE of something great. Welcome to the world of the same 'ol same 'ol. With the exception of the indie game devs, gaming is dead.

News Comments > US PC Game Retail Sales Sag
8. Re: US PC Game Sales Sag Dec 2, 2009, 23:05 SirKnight

It doesn't help that all games for the PC now are shitty console ports not worth buying anyway.  

News Comments > NFS Patch & DLC
1. Re: NFS Patch & DLC Dec 2, 2009, 09:39 SirKnight

BTW, In '67, they were still naming it Sting Ray, two words. They made it one word a few years later.  

News Comments > Classic id Weapons in RAGE
10. Re: Classic id Weapons in RAGE Nov 20, 2009, 12:18 SirKnight

Too bad this is a CONSOLE game and the PC version is just a typical port like every other damn game now. Remember, this game will have NO dedicated server according to Carmack and mod support is still iffy. This is no longer the id we once knew.

I regret paying full price for Doom 3 and I sure won't do it for rage. I'll wait till it's like $20.

This comment was edited on Nov 20, 2009, 12:18.

News Comments > On Battlefield: Bad Company 2 PC
13. Re: On Battlefield: Bad Company 2 PC Nov 11, 2009, 08:58 SirKnight

... and give the console market more

Say what now? Give them more what?

A kick in the arse? Fine by me.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Modern Warfare 2 (Except for Steam)
23. Re: Ships Ahoy - Modern Warfare 2 (Except for Steam) Nov 10, 2009, 12:10 SirKnight

No way am I paying over $25 for this. CoD4 to me wasn't worth any more than that, but I fell for the hype for that one. Not any more.

My plan is to just watch a complete walkthrough on youtube of the single player. CoD is really just an interactive movie instead of a game anyway so watching someone else play it is just as good.

I may rent it on the 360 one day in the future if I have nothing else left. I've been renting CoD:WaW right now for the 360. I plan on playing through it just to see what's there since I have it, but I'm glad I never bought it. It's just honestly not all that exciting to me. The only part I've thought was pretty cool was torching dudes with the flame thrower. It reminds me of the old game Kingpin.

This comment was edited on Nov 10, 2009, 12:13.

News Comments > GTA IV DLC to PC?
11. Re: GTA IV DLC to PC? Nov 10, 2009, 12:02 SirKnight

I regret getting the PS3 version.  

News Comments > EA Announces Record Gains, 1500 Job Cuts
16. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 9, 2009, 20:54 SirKnight

I blame the used game market.

That would make about as much sense if you instead said you blame Santa Claus.

That fat jolly bastard is pure evil I tell you!!!

News Comments > New Torchlight Demo
4. Re: New Torchlight Demo Nov 6, 2009, 12:49 SirKnight

I bought this game a few days ago. It kicks ass. It's also cool they're releasing map editors and other mod tools. Plus, the MMO portion they'll release in, unfortunately, two years will be free to those who buy the game now.  

News Comments > No RAGE Dedicated Server?
36. Re: Activision Nov 6, 2009, 00:42 SirKnight

I wonder if this will affect QuakeCon next year? It might turn into ConsoleCon.  

News Comments > No RAGE Dedicated Server?
35. Activision Nov 6, 2009, 00:39 SirKnight

Everything the Activision CEO said about the MW2 PC iwnet business is a load of crap. What idiots if they really believe that. Do they really think PC gamers were having a hard time with multiplayer games using dedicated servers and not matchmaking services? We've been doing a pretty damn good job at it for over 15 years, I think we know what we're doing. And it's not that damn hard to find a game using a server browser.

Oh how I wish Activision would fall on its ass out of existence.

I used to love id software. Now they can kiss my arse.

1172 Comments. 59 pages. Viewing page 43.
< Newer [ 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo