Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Thomas Grimes

Real Name Thomas Grimes   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SirKnight
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 14, 2005, 23:42
Total Comments 1155 (Pro)
User ID 22923

User comment history
< Newer [ 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ] Older >

News Comments > New Torchlight Demo
4. Re: New Torchlight Demo Nov 6, 2009, 12:49 SirKnight

I bought this game a few days ago. It kicks ass. It's also cool they're releasing map editors and other mod tools. Plus, the MMO portion they'll release in, unfortunately, two years will be free to those who buy the game now.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > No RAGE Dedicated Server?
36. Re: Activision Nov 6, 2009, 00:42 SirKnight

I wonder if this will affect QuakeCon next year? It might turn into ConsoleCon.  

News Comments > No RAGE Dedicated Server?
35. Activision Nov 6, 2009, 00:39 SirKnight

Everything the Activision CEO said about the MW2 PC iwnet business is a load of crap. What idiots if they really believe that. Do they really think PC gamers were having a hard time with multiplayer games using dedicated servers and not matchmaking services? We've been doing a pretty damn good job at it for over 15 years, I think we know what we're doing. And it's not that damn hard to find a game using a server browser.

Oh how I wish Activision would fall on its ass out of existence.

I used to love id software. Now they can kiss my arse.

News Comments > Steam Adds Email Security
3. Re: Steam Adds Email Security Oct 28, 2009, 20:10 SirKnight

I hope they fix the issue in Win7 where if you click the x, open up a window of another program (firefox, etc) then minimize that window steam pops up. It doesn't stay hidden like in Vista and XP. The workaround for now is to use the minimize button instead. But that gets annoying with other windows like the bandwidth monitor.  

News Comments > Ghost Recon: Predator Title Revealed
10. Re: Ghost Recon: Predator Title Revealed Oct 21, 2009, 13:26 SirKnight

I'm gunna have me some fun...

News Comments > Crytek UK's New IP Plans
2. Re: Crytek UK's New IP Plans Oct 8, 2009, 20:42 SirKnight

Clive Lindop the "Lead AI Director" from Codemasters on OFP: Dragon Rising works there now.  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Origins Day One DLC Plans
24. Re: Dragon Age: Origins Day One DLC Plans Oct 7, 2009, 20:53 SirKnight

The nickel-and-dime'ing continues. Yet again, we pay FULL FUCKING PRICE for a half of a game. A crap load of content is created, but instead of including it with the game like it used to be, greed has set in and they take it out call it DLC and charge a fee. Sometimes they'll sit on a bunch of content for months to make it seem like it's all new and good stuff and release it later. We're not dumb.

Screw this. This is why I NEVER buy DLC. It's a shame most modern games doesn't even come close to providing value worth the asking price. They used to. This is why I rarely buy games at full retail price any more. I'll wait and get it used or bargain bin. Doesn't bother me a bit.

News Comments > OFP: Dragon Rising Dedicated Server Plea
2. Re: OFP: Dragon Rising Dedicated Server Plea Oct 7, 2009, 14:48 SirKnight

I'm really hating consoles more and more. They're killing gaming as a whole, not just PC gaming. Games are becoming shorter, watered down and a lot of times forgettable. They're also making us pay full price for half of a game and nickel-and-dime us with the rest of the game through DLC. That shit isn't extra content. It's stuff already made but cut out and spread out over time.

This comment was edited on Oct 7, 2009, 14:48.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 6, 2009, 12:50 SirKnight

I'd get a Go if it was around the same price, if not cheaper which it SHOULD be, as the "regular" PSP. But at $250, screw that. I actually play with my iPod touch more often anyway.

Although I am very much looking forward to the new SOCOM this December. I have it already pre-ordered on Amazon.

News Comments > Call of Duty Films?
5. Re: Call of Duty Films? Oct 6, 2009, 12:46 SirKnight

But you know, this isn't surprising at all since CoD is pretty much a movie anyway. Just a slightly interactive one. This is why CoD annoys me so much is that it's more of an interactive movie than a game.  

News Comments > Call of Duty Films?
4. Re: Call of Duty Films? Oct 6, 2009, 12:44 SirKnight

You remember WW2? Lets make a movie about it.

OMG you bastard you stole my idea! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

News Comments > Modern Warfare 2 PC Delay?
19. Re: Modern Warfare 2 PC Delay? Oct 5, 2009, 13:10 SirKnight

CoD4 for example is still $40.00.

Nope. Check Amazon. It's $20 for the PC and between 20 and 30 for the 360.

News Comments > Modern Warfare 2 PC Delay?
18. Re: Modern Warfare 2 PC Delay? Oct 5, 2009, 13:07 SirKnight

That's because you're all a bunch of filthy pirates dontchaknow?

Aye, that be true. Pirate

I don't see how this game is worth $60 anyway. It's only going to be a few hours long, highly scripted and linear so there's no point in playing it again. The MP is meh. It's CS with better graphics.

I'd get it for no more than $20. But even then I still may not. I never bought CoD5 and it's around $20 now. I just don't give enough of a damn.

News Comments > Venezuelan Game Ban Moves Forward
1. Re: Venezuelan Game Ban Moves Forward Oct 5, 2009, 10:41 SirKnight

Oh yeah, of course the murder rate is from games. Not the drug cartels. Nope. Rolleyes  

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2 Preorders Begin
2. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Preorders Begin Oct 2, 2009, 14:10 SirKnight

OMG! BOYCOTT! BOYCOTT! BOYCOTT!  

News Comments > 3000AD MMOG Tease
23. Re: 3000AD MMOG Tease Oct 1, 2009, 21:28 SirKnight

Oh man...that's like saying,"Watch out Oscars! Here comes Uwe Boll!"

LOOOOOOOL!

Good stuff.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed II Q&A: Prepare for Stealthy Sex
1. Re: Assassin's Creed II Q&A: Prepare for Stealthy Sex Sep 30, 2009, 22:55 SirKnight

Proof they know this will suck as much, if not worse, than the first AC so they use sex to sell it. Lame.

I don't like sex in movies (complete waste of time) and I really don't know why the f**k we need it in games now. :/ Just stupid.

News Comments > NVIDIA OpenCL Drivers
3. Re: NVIDIA OpenCL Drivers Sep 29, 2009, 22:15 SirKnight

It's an open standard parallel computing language/api. It functions like NVIDIA's CUDA (which is no coincidence). It's also pretty much what Compute Shader is to DirectX.

PhysX is written in CUDA to run on the GPU. So you could write a physics engine in OpenCL and have it run on any GPU that supports OpenCL.

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2 Demo Details
4. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Demo Details Sep 23, 2009, 19:25 SirKnight

I know Valve has done this before, but it makes no damn sense at all. The purpose of a demo is to let people play a small part to see if they want the game or not. A pre-order bonus should be something worth a damn to the full game. Normally I don't bitch at Valve for anything but this is just retarded.  

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2 Demo Next Month
14. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Demo Next Month Sep 23, 2009, 16:22 SirKnight

Well hell, if that's the case, since I bought every Valve game at launch they should give me a house, a Ferrari, and two blond chicks.  

1155 Comments. 58 pages. Viewing page 43.
< Newer [ 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo