Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Thomas Grimes

Real Name Thomas Grimes   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SirKnight
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 14, 2005, 23:42
Total Comments 1155 (Pro)
User ID 22923

User comment history
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

News Comments > Sniper: Ghost Warrior Patched
2. Re: Sniper: Ghost Warrior Patched Jun 25, 2010, 09:15 SirKnight

I liked what I saw in the demo. I only played on hard so it was as realistic as possible. I like the graphics as well but I do wish there was more physics interaction with the vegetation like Crysis. It seems no one has been able to do that as well as Crysis if at all.

The Crysis engine would be great for a sniper game like this.

I had some "gift cards" for amazon and I ended up pre-ordering this game for $10. I figured even if it sucked it's only $10 so no big loss. But from what I seen in the demo, I don't have to worry about that. I likey.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 22, 2010, 13:49 SirKnight

The new 360 does NOT include the transfer kit.  

News Comments > Sniper: Ghost Warrior Demo
4. Re: Sniper: Ghost Warrior Demo Jun 18, 2010, 18:41 SirKnight

I'm getting 300 kb/sec from TechPowerUp.

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/1812/Sniper:_Ghost_Warrior_Demo.html

I have about 1GB so far so it won't be long now!

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 18, 2010, 15:55 SirKnight

LOL @ Facebook COO. Here I thought only the CEO was a complete moron.

Man how I hate facebook.

News Comments > RAGE Trailers
38. Re: RAGE Trailers Jun 17, 2010, 19:44 SirKnight

The only things that disappoint me about Rage right now is the regenerating health (I HATE that so much! Thanks Halo and CoD.) and the ability to use a de-fib to bring your dead ass back to life. Tim mentioned about how they hate dieing and that's why they did that. Well dieing in a game is a pretty damn important thing to game design because it forces you to actually develop skill and makes it challenging which are some of the key points of what makes a game a game. But it seems games these days are nothing more than hand-holding press X to win crap. Games are supposed to be challenges, not "experiences" like everyone seems to say.

That's another thing that annoys the hell out of me now is everyone calling a game an "experience" instead of calling it a game. I've heard this a lot during E3 this week. No, it's NOT an experience it's a GAME and it should stay that way!

At least Rage does have graphics that nothing else out there or coming out soon can touch. The animations look pretty damn nice too. I just don't like the health and death situations. Maybe that can be changed with a mod. I knew with them developing this for a console as the focus would introduce some typical lame console-kiddie crap and it has. If Rage would have been designed as a PC game like all of id's past games, it would be not only very different in the game-play side but a lot better overall. Even better graphics too. For the first time, there will be no one going out and buying new PCs or graphics cards for one game b/c computers/graphics cards from many years ago will be good enough for this. Too bad.

News Comments > Portal 2 Footage
11. Re: Portal 2 Footage Jun 16, 2010, 23:50 SirKnight

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=the+cake+is+a+lie

lol! I can't believe that actually worked!

News Comments > Portal 2 E3 Trailer
17. Re: Portal 2 E3 Trailer Jun 15, 2010, 20:18 SirKnight

This was a triumph.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Jun 8, 2010, 23:01 SirKnight

Looks like they've taken too much of the fantasy of the original story out. There needs to be realms, like Outworld. Some of the fighters are supposed to be "aliens" from another realm/world not freaks.

It's also too dark. Turn on a damn light FFS! I hate how so many new movies are like that. I watch a movie to SEE what's going on not imagine. If I want to imagine I'll read a book.

Meh.

News Comments > Respawn News at E3
1. Re: Respawn News at E3 Jun 8, 2010, 10:19 SirKnight

"stay tuned, console kiddies!"

There, fixed it for them.

News Comments > Legal Briefs
2. Re: Legal Briefs Jun 3, 2010, 19:11 SirKnight

AT&T can burn to the ground. Their CEO can kiss my ass sideways too. These bastards are greedy as all hell with the crappiest network on the planet. And this whole, 2% of heavy data users as the reason they're making these changes is a load of BS and every one knows it. No, it's the large majority of users using a lot of bandwidth b/c of the way the Internet has become. It's media rich these days. It's not 1994 any more. It's obvious that's why they're changing policy. In order for a small percentage to be causing such a huge problem, like 2% like everyone likes to say, they'd have to download hundreds upon hundreds of gigs or more per month and that is NOT going to happen given 3G's download rates. Even on faster speeds, like 4G/WiMax it would be hard for such a small percentage to use enough to bog the ENTIRE system down. It's all a bunch of crap.

Then they BS us by saying they're doing this so the customers can pay less. LOL! Yeah, like a big corporation is going to do something to cause a drop in their revenues out of the goodness of their hearts for their customers. BAHAHAHAHA! That'll be the day. Instead they're up to their old game of giving less for the same price or more.

So what good is all these powerful mobile media devies, like any HTC, iPhone, iPad, etc if you have very tight bandwidth limits? Forget about streaming more than a few vidoes, HD videos, Netflix, etc. What makes me even more aggravated is the number of moron people who fall for all this saying how reasonable the service plans are and these changes are good and make sense, yada yada. So many blind sheep willing to bend over and take it in the rear while the big company can rake in BILLIONS every quarter and the execs can have tens of millions in bonuses and crap. Bah.

News Comments > BFG Leaves Graphics Card Business
9. Re: BFG Leaves Graphics Card Business May 20, 2010, 23:41 SirKnight

Blahman wrote on May 20, 2010, 22:31:
Damn you NVIDIA and your stagnant tech.

Uh....what?

News Comments > More Mac Steam Games
1. Re: More Mac Steam Games May 19, 2010, 19:14 SirKnight

I think it's great that the mac is finally being looked at more seriously as a target for games. While I have my issues with Apple and the way macs are not as customizable as a PC is, I like my mac mini. I would also not be opposed to buy another more powerful mac.

I now hope that since gaming is becoming stronger on the mac that NVIDIA and AMD/ATI will start to devote more resources to their mac driver for games. Contrary to what the Apple haters say, the poor performance we're seeing with games on the mac through steam right now is NOT the hardware or the OS. Both of those are fine. The problem is the drivers and most have no idea how much effort and resources NVIDIA and AMD/ATI put into their GeForce or Radeon drivers for game performance. The truth is, the majority of the performance you see in games is because of the drivers doing smart things. It's actually more on the driver than the GPU. A good way to show this is to run a game on a GeForce, then run the game on a Quadro that uses the same GPU and you'll see a huge FPS difference (with the Quadro being the slowest, by a lot). This difference comes from how the drivers are written and optimized. The Quadro driver, like the mac driver, is not designed for games.

I also look forward to Linux versions of STEAM and then of course, more game effort in the Linux drivers to follow. It would be great to switch over to using Linux and OSX most of the time and Windows only in occasional cases or for work.

News Comments > Epic: UT3 Linux Client "Seems Unlikely"
2. Re: Epic: UT3 Linux Client "Seems Unlikely" May 17, 2010, 23:15 SirKnight

Of course, they're too busy rubbing themselves against their xbox 360.  

News Comments > On Aging Gamers
2. Re: On Aging Gamers May 17, 2010, 23:12 SirKnight

"The gaming industry is set to lose $3 billion in potential revenue along with more than 30 million customers as Americans who play video games continue to age and become disabled."

What a load of crap. As one older person goes out of gaming, a new young one (kid) comes in. Probably more than one. Loss my arse.

News Comments > Epic on Piracy and PCs
42. Re: Epic on Piracy and PCs May 17, 2010, 15:01 SirKnight

ASJD wrote on May 17, 2010, 12:57:
PC's piracy level is bad enough that it's driven many companies out of business

BS. You're pulling that out of your ass.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse May 13, 2010, 22:52 SirKnight

@cornholio LOL  

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
5. Re: Sunday Consolidation May 9, 2010, 17:05 SirKnight

MrBone wrote on May 9, 2010, 16:14:
Oh great...now the overlord is going to tell us how to raise our kids because we don't know any better. This guy is incredible.

I find you to be a lot more incredible.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization May 5, 2010, 09:14 SirKnight

LOL @ Fox News. Nikolai Teslai....  

News Comments > RAGE Next Year
13. Re: RAGE Next Year May 4, 2010, 15:10 SirKnight

Sempai wrote on May 4, 2010, 14:52:
Jesus Christ what do these people do with their time? Hasnt this vaporware been in development for years and years now?

ID wake up, leave the ferrari's at home and get off you're rich asses and do some WORK!

There are better dev houses churning out better titles in less than half the time than these has beens..

All love to Carmack but seriously what the fuck..

Tolling attempt FAIL. If you could only see how completely stupid you just made yourself look just now. LOL!

News Comments > Infinity Ward Exodus at 26
25. Re: Infinity Ward Exodus at 26 Apr 27, 2010, 23:04 SirKnight

IW devs are Oscar Mike!  

1155 Comments. 58 pages. Viewing page 40.
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo