Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Thomas Grimes

Real Name Thomas Grimes   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SirKnight
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 14, 2005, 23:42
Total Comments 1171 (Pro)
User ID 22923

User comment history
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

News Comments > QUAKE LIVE Premium Subscriptions
7. Re: QUAKE LIVE Premium Subscriptions Aug 7, 2010, 00:37 SirKnight

Personally I'd much rather just play the Quake 3 I already have which served us well for a long time and costs me nothing to play. It's on STEAM for real cheap too for those who lost their CDs (I'm not 100% sure I know where mine is actually).

Plus I don't like the idea of running games through a browser.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint: Red River Announcement
11. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Red River Announcement Aug 6, 2010, 17:50 SirKnight

Darks wrote on Aug 6, 2010, 17:18:
Totaly agree with you there Surf, much more fun and way better than that realitic crappy shooter.

Aww, the little console kiddie can't handle a challenging truly realistic game. lol!

10. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Red River Announcement Aug 6, 2010, 17:48 SirKnight

Darks wrote on Aug 6, 2010, 15:43:
SirKnight wrote on Aug 6, 2010, 13:58:
Not me for sure. I got burned with DR and I won't get burned again.

They only got lucky with DR being a big seller because of the name. I doubt they'll be so lucky now. It's a shame they have tainted the Operation Flashpoint name now.

F codemasters.

"while staying true to the core tactical combat that is the hallmark of Operation Flashpoint"

Uh no you guys did not even come close to that with DR.

We heard you over on Voodoo Extreme dumbass! You donít need to reiterate it here too.

Good for you fuktard. Watch and see me not give two sh1ts.

3. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Red River Announcement Aug 6, 2010, 13:58 SirKnight

Not me for sure. I got burned with DR and I won't get burned again.

They only got lucky with DR being a big seller because of the name. I doubt they'll be so lucky now. It's a shame they have tainted the Operation Flashpoint name now.

F codemasters.

"while staying true to the core tactical combat that is the hallmark of Operation Flashpoint"

Uh no you guys did not even come close to that with DR.

News Comments > StarCraft II is Year's Biggest PC Game Launch
37. Re: StarCraft II is Year's Biggest PC Game Launch Aug 3, 2010, 15:50 SirKnight

Darks wrote on Aug 3, 2010, 13:42:
fuck you nin, I would kick ur ass anyday of the week in any RTS game.

Ive been playing RTS games before you were born little boy!

e-thugs at their best. Do you realize how pathetically nerdy you sound? You'll kick someone's ass in a computer game. Wow, that's so manly. I bet you're rolling in the ladies.

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint: Red River Revealed?
5. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Red River Revealed? Jul 30, 2010, 17:24 SirKnight

Darks wrote on Jul 30, 2010, 16:32:
Is this from the same guys who made Dragon Rising? If so Im looking forward to it, I liked the first version was a hell of a lot better than the other retarded realistic version thats out now. and I found nothing wrong with the UI in this ver if its the one your talking about.

You are very easily amused it seems.

Dragon Rising SUCKED hard. The graphics were horrible, was not even remotely realistic, horrible AI, horrible UI, very bland and boring environment, no modding at all just basic mission making and just an all around fail.

Even with the quirkyness, Arma 2 and especially with the OA expansion kicks Dragon Rising's ass in every way. Which is saying a lot b/c I have some huge issues with the engine they use for Arma and the quality of the sounds and voices.

Codemasters just needs to stop with the Operation Flashpoint stuff. They are not doing the series justice at all. The only way the first one was good was because Bohemia Interactive did it. I do know this, while I was fooled into thinking DR was going to be an Arma killer (LOL not even close!) and bought it on release day for $50, I sure as hell will not do that again as long as Codemasters is in charge. They should just give OFP back to Bohemia.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2010, 12:40 SirKnight

Now if only the BBC, and possibly other UK networks/sites, would spell it NASA instead of Nasa. That annoys the crap out of me.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 27, 2010, 12:54 SirKnight

First it was to blame piracy for a crappy game's low sales, now they're blaming it on Red Dead Redemption. Yep, it was Red Dead, not the truck-load of bugs and broken game-play elements. Never!

What next, blame the BP spill on Red Read? LOL! That game is just destroying us! Oh noes.

News Comments > Arma 2: British Armed Forces Next Month
8. Re: Arma 2: British Armed Forces Next Month Jul 22, 2010, 16:51 SirKnight

I probably played the nerfed version because I don't remember it. Of course, it also has been quite some time since I last played those missions.

Now I feel like going back and playing them again. I should still have it all installed. Last weekend I was actually playing some of my fav missions from Cold War Crisis.

5. Re: Arma 2: British Armed Forces Next Month Jul 22, 2010, 13:54 SirKnight

I agree this DLC BIS is doing is not the nickle and dime greed approach most others are doing.

I liked the Cold War Crisis conversion to Arma 1, but for me the performance was so bad I could not play it. But it was still cool to see it with upgraded details. I have been waiting for the Arma 2 conversion for quite some time. Arma 2 seems to give me much better performance than Arma 1 did.

PMC Fury was indeed a cool campaign. But a lot of times it felt like they went for quantity over quality. Some missions were quite awesome though.

2. Re: Arma 2: British Armed Forces Next Month Jul 22, 2010, 13:07 SirKnight

I just wish they could release campaigns that are big and awesome like Cold War Crisis (main campaign from Operation Flashpoint) and the expansion Resistance. Those were very well done. I liked Red Hammer too even though it was made by someone else.

But the campaigns for Arma and Arma 2 were crap. I have only played the demo to Operation Arrowhead so I can't say what its campaign is like, but I heard it's short. The one mission in the demo from the campaign was extremely short and simple, but wasn't bad. I can say that their demos (because of the editor included with part of the main map) have more value than most full games these days. Pretty sad.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Jul 15, 2010, 01:06 SirKnight

lol, that was a great episode of Seinfeld.  

News Comments > Haunted House Remake This Fall
3. Re: Haunted House Remake This Fall Jul 15, 2010, 01:03 SirKnight

I loved Haunted House for the A2600. I will check this out for sure.

I was also a big fan for the A2600 of Frankenstein's Monster. The sound effects were always scary to me and they still creep me out. lol!

News Comments > ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Trailer
6. Re: ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Trailer Jul 14, 2010, 15:31 SirKnight

I try to like this game b/c I want realism, but I just can't. Everything is implemented so damn poorly and amateurish. The performance should not be as bad as it is for what's being drawn and what's going on. The HDR implementation is the worst I've seen. The gameplay is very fragile, awkward and just wonky. The AI is about as dumb as it gets. The animation is laughable. The only models that look good are weapons and military vehicles. All other models just look strange. No physics. An interface that is really clunky. Sure there's a lot of interaction to deal with, but the interface could be a lot better than it is. It's just not intuitive at all.

Unfortunately, they can't really fix any of this b/c the brain dead die-hards would complain since they're so used to it I guess and it would break backwards compatibility which seems so important to the die-hards. Their engine is just plan crap in every way. They really should replace it with something proven to be robust and cross-platform. The scripting language they came up with has the most bizarre syntax there is. Doing any kind of precise mission creating is a huge pain as well.

It's just too bad BIS is the only one willing to make a game like this. The thing is, they're going for a hard core sim, yet most things are NOT realistic at all. It's quite strange.

News Comments > Crysis 2 Limited Edition?
2. Re: Crysis 2 Limited Edition? Jul 12, 2010, 23:27 SirKnight

$199...yeah right lol!

I'll be waiting until this game (reg version) is like $20 or maybe $30 depending on the reviews.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
7. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jul 3, 2010, 20:40 SirKnight

Apple iPhone engineers = FAIL.

You don't make any part of a device a user is going to TOUCH part of the antenna. Anyone with any knowledge of RF knows this. What kind of moron "engineers" does apple have? Obviously they care a lot more about how it looks than how it functions. The #1 priority should be that it works well as a phone. But that seems to be the last thing on their list. It's called a phone, but sure doesn't do a very good job of being one, ironically.

Also, Best Buy = FAIL.

So much fail.

News Comments > Sniper: Ghost Warrior Patched
2. Re: Sniper: Ghost Warrior Patched Jun 25, 2010, 09:15 SirKnight

I liked what I saw in the demo. I only played on hard so it was as realistic as possible. I like the graphics as well but I do wish there was more physics interaction with the vegetation like Crysis. It seems no one has been able to do that as well as Crysis if at all.

The Crysis engine would be great for a sniper game like this.

I had some "gift cards" for amazon and I ended up pre-ordering this game for $10. I figured even if it sucked it's only $10 so no big loss. But from what I seen in the demo, I don't have to worry about that. I likey.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 22, 2010, 13:49 SirKnight

The new 360 does NOT include the transfer kit.  

News Comments > Sniper: Ghost Warrior Demo
4. Re: Sniper: Ghost Warrior Demo Jun 18, 2010, 18:41 SirKnight

I'm getting 300 kb/sec from TechPowerUp.

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/1812/Sniper:_Ghost_Warrior_Demo.html

I have about 1GB so far so it won't be long now!

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 18, 2010, 15:55 SirKnight

LOL @ Facebook COO. Here I thought only the CEO was a complete moron.

Man how I hate facebook.

1171 Comments. 59 pages. Viewing page 40.
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo