Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Thomas Grimes

Real Name Thomas Grimes   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SirKnight
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 14, 2005, 23:42
Total Comments 1172 (Pro)
User ID 22923

User comment history
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

News Comments > Medal of Honor Open Beta Client
5. Re: Medal of Honor Open Beta Client Oct 1, 2010, 14:38 SirKnight

DangerDog wrote on Oct 1, 2010, 14:00:
I can't wait to play as the Taliban.

EA recently announced they changed the name from Taliban to Opposing Force. Too much backlash it seems.

edit: Ah it seems I missed Blue posting about this already right under this one.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 1, 2010, 08:58 SirKnight

Will is going to make John his bitch.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Haunted House
9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Haunted House Sep 29, 2010, 23:19 SirKnight

I was just playing the demo for Amnesia. That's one freaky game. The water section is like aaahhhhh.

I now want to check out penumbra (made by the same dev). I remember hearing about it before but never looked into it. The video I watched of it looks freaky as hell too.

I don't expect haunted house to be anything like those two games as far as scary/freaky. The trailer shows it to be more cartoon action-ish. It still looks interesting though, even though my PC can't play it which is beyond lame. Guess I'll wait for the 360 version. :/

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 28, 2010, 23:33 SirKnight

Xmarks shutting down really sucks!

Cross-platform and cross-browser bookmark syncing is a great thing.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 27, 2010, 22:16 SirKnight

That Commodore PC64 is kinda cool! Especially when running a C64 emulator on it.

They misspelled NVIDIA on that page. They put Nvidea. lol

News Comments > GOG.com Update
27. Re: GOG.com Update Sep 23, 2010, 19:19 SirKnight

I still use GetRight. Mostly as my torrent (legal stuff!) downloader though.  

News Comments > GOG.com Statement Expected Wednesday
9. Re: GOG.com Statement Expected Wednesday Sep 20, 2010, 19:15 SirKnight

Wolfox wrote on Sep 20, 2010, 18:09:
Now the latest rumor says that GOG.com was bought by Steam... I do hope not, as that's probably the direct opposite of what GOG.com was.

Well it would be fine to use Steam as the way to buy and download the games as long as they do not inject any DRM into them. I'm not sure if Valve would do that, but if so this would not be a bad thing. I like using Steam as my central hub for all my games. Including non-Steam games.

I hate DRM as much as anyone, but Valve's direction at it is the best form. It's the lesser of the evils at least. Still evil but it's livable for now I guess. Even though DRM is a waste of time for everyone and I just don't get why they keep using it. It makes ZERO difference in the real world.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 16, 2010, 13:18 SirKnight

The 360 hardware was outdated 5 years ago. It does not make sense to stretch it 5 more years. Easily my ass.

I never thought the 360 would be stretched this long actually. I remember when it came out thinking my PC at the time was far more powerful (it was!) and the 360 seemed rather weak and crusty then.

All games for years now have looked the same. It's getting quite boring actually. It's time for xbox 720 and PS4 with DX11/GL4 capabilities with compute (OpenCL/CUDA/etc). At least.

News Comments > Software First Sale Doctrine Slashed
6. Re: Software First Sale Doctrine Slashed Sep 10, 2010, 21:51 SirKnight

Oh yeah, this will help them make more money and offset/cut down on piracy...LOL!

If they make it where used games are illegal, I just won't buy games. Unless they lowered the prices by A LOT. Most of my games are used since new prices are ridiculous and not worth it. I rarely buy new. My exceptions are valve games, id games, red dead, uncharted, and uh not much else.

News Comments > DNF ShakyCam Footage
3. Re: DNF ShakyCam Footage Sep 3, 2010, 23:38 SirKnight

When I was watching this live earlier today on ustream, everyone was saying the same thing constantly. They were so annoyed at the cameraman.

It feels so weird and almost wrong that DNF is actually going to come out for real. If this was 3DR talking I would not believe it. But it is real indeed. Scary!

This comment was edited on Sep 3, 2010, 23:46.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Press Release
21. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Press Release Sep 3, 2010, 18:59 SirKnight

Cutter wrote on Sep 3, 2010, 18:35:
Please let it launch and fail and go away for ever. Stupid IP, ricidulous history surrounding it, best off just to go away.

Who kicked you in the cooter?

Regen health = the devil. I'm already disappointed that Rage will have it. If Half Life ever does, I'll go insane. I'm hoping Doom 4 will not, but I'm sure it will.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 1, 2010, 12:53 SirKnight

This was a triumph.
I'm making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
8. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 1, 2010, 09:23 SirKnight

peteham wrote on Sep 1, 2010, 06:52:
Just steal Sony's dualshock-design already. Buy the requisite patents if you have to

Except make it a little bigger as the PS3 controller is painfully small and awkward to hold. It's not like I have huge hands either. It's also too light. I like the heavier feel of the 360 controller.

News Comments > Far Cry 3 Underway?
4. Re: Far Cry 3 Underway? Aug 19, 2010, 21:17 SirKnight

I liked FC2 a lot more than I did FC1.

But the re-spawning was absolutely lame and it would be good if they made the environment not seem so empty this next time. I'd also like to see more people that's not enemy. I didn't like how outside of the safe towns every one was an enemy.

I also liked how it took around 40 hours to complete. I have played through the game almost twice.

News Comments > Microsoft Flight Announced
15. Re: Microsoft Flight Announced Aug 17, 2010, 23:34 SirKnight

I've always been a huge fan of MSFS. I hope I can turn off the "dumbed-down mode" and go into pure 100% hardcore sim like MSFS was.  

News Comments > BFG RMA Refusal
18. Re: BFG RMA Refusal Aug 16, 2010, 12:00 SirKnight

BobBob wrote on Aug 16, 2010, 11:19:
I imagine a person paying $1500 on a TV either a virgin, living with parents, or at least doesn't have a girlfriend, or is in serious credit card debt. Even $1500 on a computer is extreme and wasteful.

No, it's someone that makes decent money and can afford to have high end stuff. Every one of your points is wrong. You just sound bitter and jealous.

News Comments > id: No Tech 5 Licensing
38. Re: id: No Tech 5 Licensing Aug 13, 2010, 09:26 SirKnight

I have a feeling we'll never see the GPL version of id Tech 5 now. The overlords will want to milk it for decades probably.

Maybe by 2050 they'll release it. :/

But it's ok. I understand virtual texturing and am making my own implementation. But that's not the hard part. The hard part, like Carmack talked about, is the tools to make it useful and stuff.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops Trailer
11. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Trailer Aug 9, 2010, 21:16 SirKnight

I do gotta say a crossbow is a pretty darn cool weapon to have in a game. A "regular" bow would be neat too.

The reloading knife is...interesting. I wonder if there's such thing in RL? Probably not and I'm not sure I see much of a point. But it is different I'll give them that.

The RC car reminded me of Rage. I wonder who copied who? Or if it's just a coincidence.

News Comments > Taking Sides in MoH
6. Re: Taking Sides in MoH Aug 9, 2010, 20:59 SirKnight

Grifter wrote on Aug 9, 2010, 18:27:
maybe they can put Osama bin Laden in the game just like they did with Soldiers of Fortune when they put Saddam Hussein in that game

That would be cool to get the chance to blow that idiot's head off with a 50 cal. It may not be real, but it would be gratifying in a small way.

News Comments > Taking Sides in MoH
5. Re: Taking Sides in MoH Aug 9, 2010, 20:56 SirKnight

DangerDog wrote on Aug 9, 2010, 16:53:
Well, at least they didn't pull an "American Army" and make it so no matter which side you're on the opposing side always looks like the "Taliban".

That's actually what they should have done. I don't think it's cool at all, a game or not, to play as any currently existing and relevant terrorist group. The thing about WW2 games and playing as the nazis is that the nazis no longer exist and thus have no influence on the world. Also that all happened a very long time ago. But the Taliban do still exist and continue to present a problem today so this is still a very sensitive issue to a lot of people. I think it's a mental sickness to WANT to play as the "evil"/"bad guys" anyway. For me, if given the choice, I always choose the good side.

Most of us know it's just a game and it will not influence us to play as the "bad guys" anyway, but not everyone is like that. There's a lot of sickos out there unfortunately.

As far as the rest of this game, it's a CoD clone and I can't stand unrealistic whack-a-mole scripted short games like that. I rented MW2 for shits and giggles and I'm glad I did and didn't buy it.

1172 Comments. 59 pages. Viewing page 39.
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo