Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Thomas Grimes

Real Name Thomas Grimes   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SirKnight
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 14, 2005, 23:42
Total Comments 1143 (Pro)
User ID 22923

User comment history
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

News Comments > DNF ShakyCam Footage
3. Re: DNF ShakyCam Footage Sep 3, 2010, 23:38 SirKnight

When I was watching this live earlier today on ustream, everyone was saying the same thing constantly. They were so annoyed at the cameraman.

It feels so weird and almost wrong that DNF is actually going to come out for real. If this was 3DR talking I would not believe it. But it is real indeed. Scary!

This comment was edited on Sep 3, 2010, 23:46.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Press Release
21. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Press Release Sep 3, 2010, 18:59 SirKnight

Cutter wrote on Sep 3, 2010, 18:35:
Please let it launch and fail and go away for ever. Stupid IP, ricidulous history surrounding it, best off just to go away.

Who kicked you in the cooter?

Regen health = the devil. I'm already disappointed that Rage will have it. If Half Life ever does, I'll go insane. I'm hoping Doom 4 will not, but I'm sure it will.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 1, 2010, 12:53 SirKnight

This was a triumph.
I'm making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
8. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 1, 2010, 09:23 SirKnight

peteham wrote on Sep 1, 2010, 06:52:
Just steal Sony's dualshock-design already. Buy the requisite patents if you have to

Except make it a little bigger as the PS3 controller is painfully small and awkward to hold. It's not like I have huge hands either. It's also too light. I like the heavier feel of the 360 controller.

News Comments > Far Cry 3 Underway?
4. Re: Far Cry 3 Underway? Aug 19, 2010, 21:17 SirKnight

I liked FC2 a lot more than I did FC1.

But the re-spawning was absolutely lame and it would be good if they made the environment not seem so empty this next time. I'd also like to see more people that's not enemy. I didn't like how outside of the safe towns every one was an enemy.

I also liked how it took around 40 hours to complete. I have played through the game almost twice.

News Comments > Microsoft Flight Announced
15. Re: Microsoft Flight Announced Aug 17, 2010, 23:34 SirKnight

I've always been a huge fan of MSFS. I hope I can turn off the "dumbed-down mode" and go into pure 100% hardcore sim like MSFS was.  

News Comments > BFG RMA Refusal
18. Re: BFG RMA Refusal Aug 16, 2010, 12:00 SirKnight

BobBob wrote on Aug 16, 2010, 11:19:
I imagine a person paying $1500 on a TV either a virgin, living with parents, or at least doesn't have a girlfriend, or is in serious credit card debt. Even $1500 on a computer is extreme and wasteful.

No, it's someone that makes decent money and can afford to have high end stuff. Every one of your points is wrong. You just sound bitter and jealous.

News Comments > id: No Tech 5 Licensing
38. Re: id: No Tech 5 Licensing Aug 13, 2010, 09:26 SirKnight

I have a feeling we'll never see the GPL version of id Tech 5 now. The overlords will want to milk it for decades probably.

Maybe by 2050 they'll release it. :/

But it's ok. I understand virtual texturing and am making my own implementation. But that's not the hard part. The hard part, like Carmack talked about, is the tools to make it useful and stuff.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops Trailer
11. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Trailer Aug 9, 2010, 21:16 SirKnight

I do gotta say a crossbow is a pretty darn cool weapon to have in a game. A "regular" bow would be neat too.

The reloading knife is...interesting. I wonder if there's such thing in RL? Probably not and I'm not sure I see much of a point. But it is different I'll give them that.

The RC car reminded me of Rage. I wonder who copied who? Or if it's just a coincidence.

News Comments > Taking Sides in MoH
6. Re: Taking Sides in MoH Aug 9, 2010, 20:59 SirKnight

Grifter wrote on Aug 9, 2010, 18:27:
maybe they can put Osama bin Laden in the game just like they did with Soldiers of Fortune when they put Saddam Hussein in that game

That would be cool to get the chance to blow that idiot's head off with a 50 cal. It may not be real, but it would be gratifying in a small way.

News Comments > Taking Sides in MoH
5. Re: Taking Sides in MoH Aug 9, 2010, 20:56 SirKnight

DangerDog wrote on Aug 9, 2010, 16:53:
Well, at least they didn't pull an "American Army" and make it so no matter which side you're on the opposing side always looks like the "Taliban".

That's actually what they should have done. I don't think it's cool at all, a game or not, to play as any currently existing and relevant terrorist group. The thing about WW2 games and playing as the nazis is that the nazis no longer exist and thus have no influence on the world. Also that all happened a very long time ago. But the Taliban do still exist and continue to present a problem today so this is still a very sensitive issue to a lot of people. I think it's a mental sickness to WANT to play as the "evil"/"bad guys" anyway. For me, if given the choice, I always choose the good side.

Most of us know it's just a game and it will not influence us to play as the "bad guys" anyway, but not everyone is like that. There's a lot of sickos out there unfortunately.

As far as the rest of this game, it's a CoD clone and I can't stand unrealistic whack-a-mole scripted short games like that. I rented MW2 for shits and giggles and I'm glad I did and didn't buy it.

News Comments > Cargasm Announced
3. Re: Cargasm Announced Aug 8, 2010, 14:47 SirKnight

This made me think of Digital Image Design's Wargasm.  

News Comments > QUAKE LIVE Premium Subscriptions
7. Re: QUAKE LIVE Premium Subscriptions Aug 7, 2010, 00:37 SirKnight

Personally I'd much rather just play the Quake 3 I already have which served us well for a long time and costs me nothing to play. It's on STEAM for real cheap too for those who lost their CDs (I'm not 100% sure I know where mine is actually).

Plus I don't like the idea of running games through a browser.

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint: Red River Announcement
11. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Red River Announcement Aug 6, 2010, 17:50 SirKnight

Darks wrote on Aug 6, 2010, 17:18:
Totaly agree with you there Surf, much more fun and way better than that realitic crappy shooter.

Aww, the little console kiddie can't handle a challenging truly realistic game. lol!

10. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Red River Announcement Aug 6, 2010, 17:48 SirKnight

Darks wrote on Aug 6, 2010, 15:43:
SirKnight wrote on Aug 6, 2010, 13:58:
Not me for sure. I got burned with DR and I won't get burned again.

They only got lucky with DR being a big seller because of the name. I doubt they'll be so lucky now. It's a shame they have tainted the Operation Flashpoint name now.

F codemasters.

"while staying true to the core tactical combat that is the hallmark of Operation Flashpoint"

Uh no you guys did not even come close to that with DR.

We heard you over on Voodoo Extreme dumbass! You donít need to reiterate it here too.

Good for you fuktard. Watch and see me not give two sh1ts.

3. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Red River Announcement Aug 6, 2010, 13:58 SirKnight

Not me for sure. I got burned with DR and I won't get burned again.

They only got lucky with DR being a big seller because of the name. I doubt they'll be so lucky now. It's a shame they have tainted the Operation Flashpoint name now.

F codemasters.

"while staying true to the core tactical combat that is the hallmark of Operation Flashpoint"

Uh no you guys did not even come close to that with DR.

News Comments > StarCraft II is Year's Biggest PC Game Launch
37. Re: StarCraft II is Year's Biggest PC Game Launch Aug 3, 2010, 15:50 SirKnight

Darks wrote on Aug 3, 2010, 13:42:
fuck you nin, I would kick ur ass anyday of the week in any RTS game.

Ive been playing RTS games before you were born little boy!

e-thugs at their best. Do you realize how pathetically nerdy you sound? You'll kick someone's ass in a computer game. Wow, that's so manly. I bet you're rolling in the ladies.

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint: Red River Revealed?
5. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Red River Revealed? Jul 30, 2010, 17:24 SirKnight

Darks wrote on Jul 30, 2010, 16:32:
Is this from the same guys who made Dragon Rising? If so Im looking forward to it, I liked the first version was a hell of a lot better than the other retarded realistic version thats out now. and I found nothing wrong with the UI in this ver if its the one your talking about.

You are very easily amused it seems.

Dragon Rising SUCKED hard. The graphics were horrible, was not even remotely realistic, horrible AI, horrible UI, very bland and boring environment, no modding at all just basic mission making and just an all around fail.

Even with the quirkyness, Arma 2 and especially with the OA expansion kicks Dragon Rising's ass in every way. Which is saying a lot b/c I have some huge issues with the engine they use for Arma and the quality of the sounds and voices.

Codemasters just needs to stop with the Operation Flashpoint stuff. They are not doing the series justice at all. The only way the first one was good was because Bohemia Interactive did it. I do know this, while I was fooled into thinking DR was going to be an Arma killer (LOL not even close!) and bought it on release day for $50, I sure as hell will not do that again as long as Codemasters is in charge. They should just give OFP back to Bohemia.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2010, 12:40 SirKnight

Now if only the BBC, and possibly other UK networks/sites, would spell it NASA instead of Nasa. That annoys the crap out of me.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 27, 2010, 12:54 SirKnight

First it was to blame piracy for a crappy game's low sales, now they're blaming it on Red Dead Redemption. Yep, it was Red Dead, not the truck-load of bugs and broken game-play elements. Never!

What next, blame the BP spill on Red Read? LOL! That game is just destroying us! Oh noes.

1143 Comments. 58 pages. Viewing page 38.
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo