Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Thomas Grimes

Real Name Thomas Grimes   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SirKnight
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 14, 2005, 23:42
Total Comments 1182 (Pro)
User ID 22923

User comment history
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale Dec 24, 2010, 20:56 SirKnight

Just great, I bought King Arthur yesterday on steam when it was 50% now it's discounted even higher. WTF!? So now for half of what I paid for just the base game, you get it and all the DLCs. GRRR!

Oh well, it's still worth what I paid and then some. I would have had no issue paying full price. I played the demo and liked it a lot. Plus I've always loved the King Arthur and Knights of the Round Table story.

And yes, Arma 2 is playable and has been for a long time. But don't expect to run the graphics cranked unless you have a very stout rig. My GTX 460 seems good enough now, but I think I need to upgrade my long in the tooth Core 2 Duo to a i7-950.

Also the expansions/DLC for Arma 2 is totally worth it. All of that plus some of the major mods people have come out with make it the best military shooter in existence by far. Plus creating your own missions is pretty simple and fun.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Dec 22, 2010, 22:34 SirKnight

Must....destroy....credit card........

I too am curious about Bully.

News Comments > Windows 8 and Gaming
10. Re: Windows 8 and Gaming Dec 22, 2010, 22:32 SirKnight

The only push I'm interested in is pushing Windows off my drive for good. lol  

News Comments > New openBVE Train Sim
5. Re: New openBVE Train Sim Dec 22, 2010, 16:33 SirKnight

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 22, 2010, 11:05:
Wake me when this includes an actual game.

Halo and CoD may be more of what you're looking for. Why you bothered to comment on this when you obviously don't like sims and while it says SIM in the title I'll never know. Troll perhaps?

News Comments > Arma II Patches
11. Re: Arma II Patches Dec 22, 2010, 16:16 SirKnight

Ah, STEAM is just now starting to update my Arma 2. And as I figured, the several gig download begins. What really sucks about it now is I've bought several games in the past few days on sale that are also very large. I'll be lucky to have it all downloaded in a week or two. Just in time to go back to work. :/  

10. Re: Arma II Patches Dec 22, 2010, 16:10 SirKnight

Muscular Beaver wrote on Dec 22, 2010, 15:22:
SirKnight wrote on Dec 22, 2010, 12:23:
Oh boy another 4GB download from STEAM. I like Arma 2 and all, but the way BIS handles STEAM sucks. Every time there's a new patch, you have to download the whole game all over again. BAH!

But at least they give free maps/missions. Something very few devs are willing to do any more. BIS is one of the very few true PC devs left.

Ive said it before: Trying to play a real PC game like ArmA 2 over steam is like trying to drive a car with square wheels. No sympathy from me.

Btw, ArmA 2 also loves SSDs. Fast ones even more. Its unbelievable how much of a performance boost it is. Even better than switching from a dual core to a quad core (which I also did).

But the thing is, no other game that I know of on steam (and I have a lot of games off steam) is like this.

4. Re: Arma II Patches Dec 22, 2010, 13:12 SirKnight

Arma 2 when first released had many issues. It's 1000x better now. Not perfect (the AI is still brain dead as hell) and you'll still need a high end machine to play it well but it's worth picking back up. The expansions are absolutely worth getting.  

1. Re: Arma II Patches Dec 22, 2010, 12:23 SirKnight

Oh boy another 4GB download from STEAM. I like Arma 2 and all, but the way BIS handles STEAM sucks. Every time there's a new patch, you have to download the whole game all over again. BAH!

But at least they give free maps/missions. Something very few devs are willing to do any more. BIS is one of the very few true PC devs left.

This comment was edited on Dec 22, 2010, 12:44.

News Comments > StarCraft II Demo
5. Re: StarCraft II Demo Dec 21, 2010, 22:22 SirKnight

Back in the late 90s when SC first came out I played the demo and didn't care for it much. I liked C&C a lot more.

But a while back when I bought my GTX 460 it came with a trial of SC2 (trial for buying a graphics card? wtf!? where's my full game!?) and surprisingly I liked it a lot so I bought it for $50 on Amazon (I would not pay $60 so I waited until a deal came along).

The same kind of weird thing happened with Diablo. I played the demo when it came out and thought it was lame yet everyone around me was going crazy over it. Then a few years later when Diablo 2 came out, I gave it another chance and I loved it. I have loved Diablo ever since and I still play Diablo 2 to this day. Mostly single player though.

It's weird how it took so long for me to come around to these games.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops Sells $1 Billion
45. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Sells $1 Billion Dec 21, 2010, 22:12 SirKnight

shponglefan wrote on Dec 21, 2010, 19:31:
Agreed. Why back in my day, it was Doom, Quake, Unreal, Blood, ... wait, tactical-what?

At least with those games, they were not trying to look real and show real modern war. Those game's stories and graphics were all futuristic or fantasy of some sort, so unrealistic gameplay makes sense and fits. But Quake style gameplay in a game that looks real with realistic style of combat is out of place and kind of weird. It just doesn't feel right. This is why Valve changed TF2 from the original realistic idea to the cartoony design that they ended up with and it works great. I have played CoD4 MP and MoH beta MP and it just wasn't fun to me. Something just wasn't quite right. But I love TF2 and have played it a lot.

Not only that, but those games had A LOT more value for the money.

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint: Red River Trailer
12. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Red River Trailer Dec 21, 2010, 21:46 SirKnight

Jedi Master wrote on Dec 21, 2010, 19:30:
Considering I have a good 160 hrs in Arma 2 (according to Steam's counter) and it has maybe crashed on me once that wasn't related to a mod error, I don't know what you're talking about.

Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead is the best thing they've ever done, and the British Armed Forces DLC was great. PMC...kinda lame, but what game hasn't received dumb DLC?

As for OFP:DR, I bought it for $4.50 on Steam and that's about what it was worth. It was just...shallow.

Yup.

I was a moron and bought into the hype and paid full price. Bah. I will not do that again. I buy Bohemia's DLCs for Arma 2 on launch day and have not been disappointed.

DR was not only shallow, but bland, boring, life-less and felt like a lot was missing. It constantly felt like a beta at most to me the whole time. The only cool time I had with the game was a zombie mod someone made.

11. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Red River Trailer Dec 21, 2010, 21:42 SirKnight

Darks wrote on Dec 21, 2010, 18:13:
Whaaa!! Cry me a river you bunch and whining cry babies! The first game was not that bad, it must be your horrid gaming thatís the problem. This game was actually very good as a Coop game with 4 people. Just because you all hated it and liked that piece of shit ARMA 2 that crashed every 15 mins. Doesnít mean other donít like this game or the new add-on. I never once had this game crash on me, but ARMA 2 what a piece of unpolished shit that game was. If you doubt me about all the crashes go and read the Steam forums along with ARMAS forums. Itís chalked full of complaints.

First of all, it's obvious you are very young and don't have much history of gaming. If you would have been a long time fan of the original OFP you would know why DR is the biggest POS ever. I don't like the CoD style of gameplay but I'll play that over DR any day.

Second, Arma 2 did have issues at launch, but that was a couple years ago and is quite solid now. The latest version and the expansions/DLC makes it the best tactical mil shooter in existence. There's a reason why real world militaries use a variation of it called VBS2. I also have no issues with the game other than my CPU not able to handle some of the larger more complex scenes.

Also, if you go to a forum of any game it's loaded with issues. I go to the bohemia forums all the time and I see a lot more praise than complaints these days.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 21, 2010, 21:32 SirKnight

I hate the term "Data Hog." So like, we're called data hogs if we actually USE the services that are out there? Um....oooook. Excuse us for living in the 21st century. :/

Maybe it would be a somewhat ok term to use for those who use hundreds of gigs or terrabytes per month (some do) by downloading and uploading torrents 24/7. But other than that, pfft. As the ol Duke would say, "Blow it out yer ass!"

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Dec 21, 2010, 21:23 SirKnight

I have bought way too many games in the past few days b/c of sales. lol. So far all on STEAM, GOG and iOS AppStore.  

4. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Red River Trailer Dec 21, 2010, 12:17 SirKnight

FAILgame.

I just hope this will be the last time they drag the OFP name through the mud.

News Comments > Back to the Future Episode 1 Wednesday
4. Re: Back to the Future Episode 1 Wednesday Dec 20, 2010, 23:55 SirKnight

I signed up for the free episode 1 but it won't be released until next year (feb?) until ep 2 comes out.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
13. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 15, 2010, 21:38 SirKnight

PHJF wrote on Dec 15, 2010, 21:06:
Sorry dumbass, but having flat-textured door handles and wiper blades does not a proper vehicle model make. While GT5 can look good when it wants to, it too often looks like a PS2 game.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa194/FordGTGuy/EigerNordwandKTrail_1.jpg

That's some quality graphics right there. That's the result of the Cell hard at work. Watch out.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Dec 14, 2010, 23:10 SirKnight

"The people familiar with this device said it would run the Windows 7 operating system"

DOA.

MS has been trying with tablets for at least a decade and they always fail. Amazing how they are so thick headed that they can't see their crappy OS is the main reason. If a KB/mouse OS was the right thing for a tablet, then Apple would have put OSX on the iPad. But they did not for some very good and smart reasons. While I hate Apple's strong control over everything, at least they have smart people there unlike MS that's run by freaking monkeys it seems. And dumb ones at that!

I'd love it more than anything to dump Windows on my PCs for good. I've always hated it. Long live the penguin!

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Dec 13, 2010, 19:26 SirKnight

"to demonstrate what an idiot I am."

First time I think I have ever agreed with Pachter. lol!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 13, 2010, 11:26 SirKnight

I 100% agree with House. With no controllers like Kinect, games have to be extremely dumbed down and simplistic. But with Move you have the motion and camera detection PLUS controllers with buttons/knobs/sticks/etc which allows for much more complexity and interactivity.

Because of this, I see Move having a nice future but Kinect to me is going to be a failure and is DOA. Especially with what I've seen of it so far. While it has sold a decent amount so far, it's all because of hype and its "newness."

The only cool thing Kinect does is when it's hooked up to a PC and is used for non gaming stuff like we've seen recently.

(BTW, I'm not a PS3 fanboy even if it may sound like that. I have all consoles and primarily play PC games and prefer that)

1182 Comments. 60 pages. Viewing page 37.
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo