Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Thomas Grimes

Real Name Thomas Grimes   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SirKnight
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 14, 2005, 23:42
Total Comments 1171 (Pro)
User ID 22923

User comment history
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

News Comments > Call of Juarez: The Cartel Announced
2. Re: Call of Juarez: The Cartel Announced Feb 7, 2011, 12:28 SirKnight

Jerykk wrote on Feb 7, 2011, 12:24:
Err, the whole appeal of CoJ was that it was a western. If you turn it into a modern shooter, it loses that appeal.

Agreed. This is just weird.

It would be nice if this one was less of a CoD clone. The 2nd one felt waaay too CoD like and "consolie."

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Standing on Tesla Coils in Chainmail. Feb 6, 2011, 18:03 SirKnight

They should have been wearing a hat that looked like Raiden's.

RAIDEN WINS!

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 4, 2011, 12:16 SirKnight

They mean Facebook LAMErs.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 3, 2011, 11:33 SirKnight

Or....you can get it for free by using MyWi for jailbroken iOS or android-wifi-tether for android once you root (or use a custom rom with it built in).

I will not pay twice for the same internet service. Greedy bastards. Mobile plans are already high enough.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 3, 2011, 11:27 SirKnight

I'm getting so fed up with the over use of the word 'experience.'

Does anyone actually know what that word means any more? Doesn't seem like it.

I guess I'll go have a piss experience now....

News Comments > Move PC Support Planned?
3. Re: Move PC Support Planned? Jan 31, 2011, 22:49 SirKnight

I don't like the PS3 controller. It's too small and hard/awkward to hold. It must have been made for kids or midgets. The 360 controller is 1000000x nicer to hold.

Move is awesome and I'd like to see it for the PC. I find move to be better than Kinect since you have motion AND buttons.

News Comments > Crysis 2 PC Demo Coming
36. Re: Crysis 2 PC Demo Coming Jan 28, 2011, 19:03 SirKnight

As long as the single player is like the original I'm fine.

My new rig is totally ready for this too. Core i7 950 @ 4GHz, GTX460 SLI, 12GB DDR3...yeah.

News Comments > Crysis 2, H.A.W.X. 2, and DirectX 11
11. Re: Crysis 2, H.A.W.X. 2, and DirectX 11 Jan 27, 2011, 10:05 SirKnight

Rigs wrote on Jan 26, 2011, 22:14:
FERMI did that, by being a piece of crap

Right there is where you just invalidated your already idiotic comments. You're obviously an ignorant ATI fan boy trying to praise them on doing things they don't actually do. Do you realize this 560 Ti is using the fermi arch? It's far from a piece of crap.

The ignorance on here can be amazing at times...

News Comments > Pachter vs. Gamer's Voice
17. Re: Pachter vs. Gamer's Voice Jan 25, 2011, 20:48 SirKnight

Who ever keeps giving this guy pay checks needs to be kicked in the balls. Hard.

Same for those ADD console kiddies going to the government about bugs in software.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
2. Re: Sunday Mobilization Jan 23, 2011, 20:30 SirKnight

They be hatin' and trollin'.  

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Jan 23, 2011, 20:18 SirKnight

I picked up Dead Space on Steam for a little over $6.

It's a cool game but the controls SUCK. Disabling vsync helps but it's still weird. Obviously it was made for a lame controller.

DS2 is over priced but I am curious how the PC controls end up this time around.

News Comments > DNF Date Announcement, Trailer, Demo Details
3. Re: DNF Date Announcement, Trailer, Demo  Details<br> Jan 21, 2011, 11:18 SirKnight

"Welcome to Morningwood." I think I live there, lol.

Why couldn't they have turned on AA for the screenshots? I hate jaggies. That's one of the things that current console games lack is AA which annoys me to death. I hope the next gen consoles have dual (SLI kind of thing) GPUs to handle AA in addition to the other stuff.

About the demo...it'll be interesting to see how quickly it turns up on torrent.

News Comments > Moto Racer 2 GOG.com Issues
2. Re: Moto Racer 2 GOG.com Issues Jan 20, 2011, 22:54 SirKnight

I remember playing the first Moto Racer on my old Voodoo card. 3dfx owned.  

News Comments > Bethesda: RAGE Demo Doubtful
4. Re: Bethesda: RAGE Demo Doubtful Jan 20, 2011, 22:06 SirKnight

It would be too large. Megatextures are giant. Just look at how big (700+ MB) Rage HD for iOS is. And it's a very short game with A LOT less going on than the full Rage game.

I do miss the days of shareware though. 90's PC gaming > all.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Nintendo 3DS Will Be 'Top Entertainment Product of 2011,' says Analyst. Jan 19, 2011, 21:32 SirKnight

Not at $250 it's not.

I was going to buy one of these, but once I saw the price - nope!

News Comments > Cross Platform Portal 2 Confirmed
44. Re: Cross Platform Portal 2 Confirmed Jan 18, 2011, 23:58 SirKnight

Welp, got my PS3 copy pre-ordered on Amazon. I mainly care about the PC version, but since it's free I'd like to see what Portal 2 is like on my HDTV.

I played the demo of Portal on the 360 and it seemed fine. I'd still rather have the mouse but Portal played a lot better on the controller than I was expecting.

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: Into the Black Jan 12, 2011, 09:00 SirKnight

I loved Netscape. I always liked how the UI looked. Even though I hate dial-up, I miss those earlier days of the Internet of the 90s. The only modern Internet thing I care for is youtube, but other than that I'd go back to those old days any time if I could.

I recently bought WinAmp Pro. I always used the free version but I decided to buy it to help with future development. I've always been a huge fan of the program so I wanted to say thanks by buying it finally after 10+ years of using the free version.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Angry Birds
6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Angry Birds Jan 5, 2011, 22:11 SirKnight

Cutter wrote on Jan 5, 2011, 21:15:
$5 for a phone game? Way too much.

TBH this game should be worth more. It's hard to put down and has A LOT of levels. It kind of reminds me of the old tank wars games from the 80's and 90's, except you're "shooting" different types of birds with different abilities into structures trying to kill pigs.

At first, I was like WTF? Then I played a trial version and was quite surprised.

5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Angry Birds Jan 5, 2011, 22:08 SirKnight

Icewind wrote on Jan 5, 2011, 21:13:
SirKnight wrote on Jan 5, 2011, 20:53:
Cool! I have this for my iPod touch, iPad and Android 2.2 phone. It's a very good game. These guys have made a ton of money on this.

Let me guess.

You're 35, have 2 kids and think gaming is "super fun".

This game, like you, is a pimple on the hobby's rear end.

Just when I thought I knew the biggest idiot ever, you come along and take the crown. Interesting how you can judge someone so harshly based off of one game they like. I bet you're a blast to hang out with and I'm sure all the ladies love you!

Just FYI, I've been a hardcore PC gamer since the early 90s and still am. 95% of the games I play are on a PC. A bad ass one at that. As a matter of fact, this weekend I'll be upgrading my PC that's 3 years old now to a i7-950, gtx 460 SLI, 12GB ram, etc mostly for games like Arma 2. I also played just as much Quake and Doom as everyone else on this site back in the day. Hell I still play those games a lot. But I like mobile games a lot since they remind me in many ways of how gaming was 20+ years ago.

I am however not into many modern games like CoD, Halo etc and find them to be killing the genre that was always my fav which is the FPS genre.

I like Angry Birds b/c it's simple, yet addicting and challenging and has a lot more value than a lot of modern games (CoD for example).

Oh and your estimation of me is so far off it's not even funny. Well, it kind of is seeing as how pathetic you just made yourself look. You know, your remarks actually remind me of a snobbish Apple fan-boi. It has the same tone. You might want to try getting your head out of the sand. I like games of all platforms and I even develop for several.

1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Angry Birds Jan 5, 2011, 20:53 SirKnight

Cool! I have this for my iPod touch, iPad and Android 2.2 phone. It's a very good game. These guys have made a ton of money on this.  

1171 Comments. 59 pages. Viewing page 35.
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo