Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Thomas Grimes

Real Name Thomas Grimes   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SirKnight
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 14, 2005, 23:42
Total Comments 1177 (Pro)
User ID 22923

User comment history
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

News Comments > Portal 2 Store
5. Re: Portal 2 Store Apr 19, 2011, 12:57 SirKnight

Portal, meet The Sims.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > RAGE Trailer
11. Re: RAGE Trailer Apr 19, 2011, 11:25 SirKnight

Zuckuss wrote on Apr 19, 2011, 10:45:
Meh, After the BF3 trailer yesterday, I think I will pass on this. Or bargain bin at most.

Are you limited to one game per year or something?

For me, I find Rage to be much more appealing than BF3, which looks too CoD like.

News Comments > RAGE Trailer
9. Re: RAGE Trailer Apr 19, 2011, 11:22 SirKnight

Looks like this plays exactly like any other id game (which is a good thing of course). But this time you can see where you're going!  

News Comments > Portal 2 Nears
58. Re: Portal 2 Nears Apr 18, 2011, 22:34 SirKnight

I was just playing with my sack. Super Meat Boy to be exact. He lets out juices everywhere!  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. How to solve Windows 7 crashes in minutes. Apr 18, 2011, 11:03 SirKnight

Install Linux? lol  

News Comments > One Potato, Two Potato...
8. Re: One Potato, Two Potato... Apr 18, 2011, 11:01 SirKnight

Here we go again, more bitching, moaning and complaining from those who can never be pleased who bitch, moan and complain just for the sake of it.  

News Comments > Garry's Mod vs Pirates
9. Re: Garry's Mod vs Pirates Apr 13, 2011, 15:26 SirKnight

FreezeStrike wrote on Apr 13, 2011, 14:31:
Worked on a game; we put in several subtly broken feature that we knew pirates would miss when they generated cracked copies of the game. The game still ran, but you'd hit a non-progression bug after some regular gameplay.

On release day, ~20-30% of our tech forum issues were about the broken features that would only show up in cracked versions. Not only did these people not buy our game, they felt justified in asking the developers, directly, to spend time helping them fix their pirated software.

This reminds me of the FADE system Bohemia Interactive uses in their games (Operation Flashpoint, Arma, ...) where if they detect a pirated copy then the game over time will start to run really slow and wash out becoming unplayable.

I think the algorithm for detecting a pirated version activated a few times with legit copies, which is to be expected I guess. But, the few times this happens is pretty much negligible I'd think.

It would be nice if it were possible to construct a perfect algorithm for detecting pirates and when you do, format their drives. Muahaha! But that's not really possible and so non-pirates would be getting wiped out which would bring all kinds of hellfire on the devs then. Too bad b/c I'd love nothing more than to format an actual pirate's computer. Over and over again.

News Comments > PS3 Steam Details
11. Re: PS3 Steam Details Apr 13, 2011, 15:13 SirKnight

If Valve wants to give away their games for free that they have completely self funded then that's their choice. EA doesn't have jack to say about it. The only time EA would is if THEY funded the development of Portal 2.

For the most part I don't care about playing Portal 2 on the PS3, but since I get the PC version for free and I have Playstation Move which this game is compatible with I was curious to see how that works out so I thought what the hell and pre-ordered the PS3 version.

News Comments > PS3 Steam Details
1. Re: PS3 Steam Details Apr 13, 2011, 13:44 SirKnight

Cool. I look forward to my PS3 copy next week! Of course, I'm mainly going to play the PC version.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: How magnets affect the human brain. Apr 12, 2011, 19:08 SirKnight

Fucking magnets, how do they work?

lol

This comment was edited on Apr 12, 2011, 19:16.

News Comments > Portal 2 Early?
6. Re: Portal 2 Early? Apr 12, 2011, 19:03 SirKnight

Well I pre-ordered the PS3 version so hopefully that'll come early too so I can play my free PC version sooner. The bad thing is I can't pre-load right now.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 8, 2011, 13:14 SirKnight

Creston wrote on Apr 8, 2011, 11:52:
Verno wrote on Apr 8, 2011, 10:45:
In five years we'll be buying EA games in 1 hour chunks.

Or, you know, we just won't be buying EA games.

Creston

I'm already doing that!

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Trailers
10. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Trailers Apr 8, 2011, 13:11 SirKnight

F graphics. I don't play games for the tech. I want good game play. I don't care if it looked like Doom. Good is good.

It's funny seeing people complain about a game not having the best graphics in the world yet when games do have it they complain about how they spent too much time on graphics and not enough on game play.

Whatever.

News Comments > Stardock on GameStop, Impulse, and Steam
34. Re: Stardock on GameStop, Impulse, and Steam Apr 7, 2011, 15:49 SirKnight

Trainwreck wrote on Apr 7, 2011, 14:59:
Keep your left-wing bullshit politics out of here, fucktards. Jesus Christ...

http://inhabitat.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2010/08/800px-Teabag_a_ubt.jpeg

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Trailers
9. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Trailers Apr 1, 2011, 19:38 SirKnight

I'm going to be disappointed if the turd flinging ability is not in the real game. It's gross but made me LOL. Duke peeing on the turd in the toilet and seeing little bits of it roll off was awesome. haha  

News Comments > RAGE Novel in August
13. Re: RAGE Novel in August Mar 29, 2011, 22:42 SirKnight

When this game finally comes out, it'll be 7 years in the making. 6 if you don't count the first year since they were working on "darkness" although the core tech was carried over.

Wow.

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Mar 28, 2011, 14:35 SirKnight

creative freedom blah blah blah. There is nothing creative about school shootings, rape, child prostitution, etc. I think it's pretty damn obvious where you stop. There's a line you just don't cross no matter what and anyone with more than 3 brain cells should know what this line is.

Removing this mod or any potential mod about the other things I mentioned is NOT censoring. Only a sick mind would think so. Period.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Firefox 4 usage share is twice Internet Explorer 9 in half the time Mar 28, 2011, 10:34 SirKnight

I tried IE9 and it's just as slow and overall crappy as I remember IE to be. Firefox owns IE so hard in so many ways.  

News Comments > Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Confirmed
1. Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Confirmed Mar 28, 2011, 10:27 SirKnight

Bah. I'd rather see RE return to it's roots and be less concerned about combat. The first three REs were just as much about solving puzzles as it was about killing zombies, if not more so.

RE5 looked nice, but it felt more like gears of war than RE.

News Comments > F1 2011 in September
6. Re: F1 2011 in September Mar 24, 2011, 19:21 SirKnight

On Steam, F1 2010 is half off. Is it worth $20?  

1177 Comments. 59 pages. Viewing page 33.
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo