Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Thomas Grimes

Real Name Thomas Grimes   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SirKnight
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 14, 2005, 23:42
Total Comments 1161 (Pro)
User ID 22923

User comment history
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

News Comments > EA Didn't Pull Crysis 2 from Steam
43. Re: EA Didn't Pull Crysis 2 from Steam Jun 15, 2011, 19:58 SirKnight

What I want to know is, what happens with Crytek releases a patch? Like the DX11 patch. Are us steam buyers going to be shafted?

I don't think it's right for devs/pubs to sell extra stuff (DLC/in-app-purchases) by bypassing the system they are on like what EA wanted to do. Steam's policy, which is similar to Apple's App Store policy, is the right thing. If you want to sell extra stuff, you must go through the service giving a small percentage. I hope valve does not change steam's policy on this, even though it sucks Crysis 2 is no longer on there because of it.

I only want one place for downloadable games and that is steam. I will just not buy a game if it forces me to another client/service. I have made steam my central point for launching almost all of my games, including games I did not buy from there.

Oh BTW, Rage is now on steam for preordering. I noticed that today. I'm not sure I want to download a game that big though. Having the actual case and disks is good but it does take up space. Space I don't have.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DNF Review Dust Up
71. Re: DNF Review Dust Up Jun 15, 2011, 14:06 SirKnight

eDuke32 FTW!  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Footage
21. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Footage Jun 14, 2011, 19:31 SirKnight

Tumbler wrote on Jun 14, 2011, 11:52:

uh.... i dont know if you nitwits realize this or not.. but... no matter how much mindless profanity you toss into your moronic comments... it doesnt miraculously make them true.

i watched the video, and as expected.. the game looked cool. The graphics are fine, the truck and other vehicles looked fine. Of course i think that Battlefield will be awesome as well.

You brainless twits couldnt make an honest comment about a game if your lives depended on it.

I don't know man...this sure looks like shit to me...

Yeah that video compression does look pretty crappy. I hope you're not saying the game looks bad because of poor flash video compression.

That was some pretty brain dead AI though. It probably was on easy, but even then CoD is not known for their terrific SkyNet AI.

News Comments > Quote of the Day II
34. Re: Quote of the Day II Jun 14, 2011, 19:23 SirKnight

Johny5's posts are prime examples why you do not do drugs then post on the internet.

Seriously wtf?

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Starts Shipping
11. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Starts Shipping Jun 9, 2011, 22:57 SirKnight

Most unlikely headline ever actually is true! Whoa....

I'm still getting my Balls of Steel edition despite the demo making me feel a little worried. I've NEVER expected the game to be the most awesome thing ever given its history anyway. I still want it because it's still a huge deal that it's actually real and shipping.

Honestly I'd be more interested in having the old builds back when it was on the Quake 2 engine and the Unreal engine version from 10 years ago.

I think DNF would have ended up a much better game if the gaming industry itself didn't turn into the steaming pile that it has. Current trends are killing games. It's too bad most have to always follow trends instead of being unique. I hate trends.

News Comments > id on RAGE PC Controls
14. Re: id on RAGE PC Controls Jun 8, 2011, 15:05 SirKnight

These low player limits in MP is just sad. We had several times this many in the mid 1990's over a freaking 56K (or less) modem!

I really miss the days of QuakeWorld/Quake2 multiplayer. Sure dial up sucked but it still worked good enough and the matches were just crazy.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
14. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 8, 2011, 09:21 SirKnight

Nintendo is so bad at coming up with names.

Wii U...LOL. OMG how dumb.

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint: Red River DLC Plans
5. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Red River DLC Plans Jun 4, 2011, 11:52 SirKnight

This could be a good game if Sion Lenton would GTFO. That guy has no business on a OFP game at all. He's totally trashing the franchise. Just read some of what he said in somewhat recent interviews. A facepalm will result - especially to those who are big fans of the original by Bohemia.  

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Demo
44. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Demo Jun 3, 2011, 15:25 SirKnight

Dirwulf wrote on Jun 3, 2011, 14:05:
I'm not sure who stole from whom, but there was a few lines from the Evil Dead series in there. "Good, Bad, I'm the guy with the gun." "Hail to the King, baby."

Welcome to 1996...

News Comments > DirectX 11 Crysis 2 "Very Very Soon"
8. Re: DirectX 11 Crysis 2 "Very Very Soon" May 31, 2011, 16:44 SirKnight

I actually thought Crysis 1 was better. Not that I disliked Crysis 2 but the first one just had a different feel to it that I prefer. Crysis 2 has too much of a linear console-y feel.

I will say I have seen the DX11 version of Crysis 2 and it's quite awesome and will be worth the wait. It's way more than the "dx10 effects" from the original.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
1. Re: Sunday Mobilization May 29, 2011, 18:03 SirKnight

So much for Android being open. There has been more and more things happening with Android that is showing this so called open system is not quite so open after all. Google is becoming more and more like Apple by the day.

It would be cool if there were smart phone OSes that were 100% Free Software. Like UbuntuPhone, FedoraPhone, GNU-Phone or what ever. This way the phone's owner has complete freedom to do as they wish. Something you will never have with an OS from a large company, no matter what kind of BS they say.

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 November Date Confirmed
9. Re: Modern Warfare 3 November Date Confirmed May 24, 2011, 19:23 SirKnight

Innovative gameplay? LOL! Uh huh. I guess that would be the case if you consider slightly interactive cut scenes innovative gameplay. But I don't call that gameplay in the first place so....yeah.

I honestly have doubts about BF3, but we'll see I guess.

For me I'm way more excited about Arma 3. Arma 2 is annoying at times, but it's still a massive improvement over Arma 1 so I have a lot of hope for 3.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. May 22, 2011, 22:49 SirKnight

When have they done ANYTHING not based in ignorance?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Brazilian Woman, Legally Entitled To Masturbate At Work. May 18, 2011, 12:32 SirKnight

I love Brazil. I wonder if that company is hiring? LOL  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 14, 2011, 01:21 SirKnight

I want to seriously punch in the brain who ever it was that allowed software patents to be possible.

These patent trolls make me so mad I seriously feel like fucking something up. Especially since I dev for mobile independently and these ass holes are going after independent mobile devs knowing they don't have the ability to fight this.

Software patents should be illegal. I HATE THEM SO MUCH!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue May 10, 2011, 23:30 SirKnight

Blue, you need that portal turret replica armed with a BB gun and programmed for squirrel targets.

Are you still there?.....There you are..... POW POW POW.

News Comments > CoD Info Nears
7. Re: CoD Info Nears May 10, 2011, 00:24 SirKnight

I'm still unsure about Brink. I've seen videos and pics but....I dunno.

Of course, I don't need any more games right now any way. I've bought way too many in the past few months. I even have a few from Christmas and shortly before that have never been played yet.

News Comments > RAGE "Shrouded Clan" Trailer
6. Re: RAGE May 5, 2011, 12:16 SirKnight

Fion wrote on May 5, 2011, 11:55:
Id tech and bethesda's knowledge of game mechanics.

No this is all id. Beth is only the publisher/owner-of-id, they are not active in development. Plus, most of this game was already made by the time id was bought out.

As long as the console (the drop down in game one) is accessible then there will be no problem binding actions/weapons/etc to any key. I'm quite sure the console will be accessible since that's how you load up idStudio (which will be included) and Carmack likes it still for hacking/testing things.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
1. Re: Sunday Consolidation May 1, 2011, 16:11 SirKnight

Yeah, I'd like to see Master Chief getting blown to shit. lol  

News Comments > Why RAGE Has No Deathmatch
24. Re: Why RAGE Has No Deathmatch May 1, 2011, 16:06 SirKnight

I think it sucks there's no DM. I like DM how it's just free for all and simple. Pure carnage old school style.

Hopefully there will be a DM mod. The only thing is if they don't have dedicated servers then that might kind of blow too.

Bah, I really don't like the direction games have gone and where they're going.

1161 Comments. 59 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo