Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Thomas Grimes

Real Name Thomas Grimes   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SirKnight
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 14, 2005, 23:42
Total Comments 1181 (Pro)
User ID 22923

User comment history
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

News Comments > Planned Battlefield 3 Changes
18. Re: Planned Battlefield 3 Changes Sep 30, 2011, 23:40 SirKnight

To me this game feels too fast paced. Kinda CoD like. But, I played the beta right after playing Splinter Cell so I guess everything would feel fast after that, hah. But basically this is CoD with better graphics, like I figured.

Then it crashed. lol

I can't tell you how many times I was killed because I was trying to bind my keys. :/

So yeah, I don't see me paying $60. Plus I don't like to have to use Origin. I prefer to have all my games launch from Steam (the key thing here is ONE central place) even if they are not Steam games. I also don't like using a browser for the server list. I'd prefer either in-game server list or a program like Gamespy/Kali used to be. Just not a web browser.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 29, 2011, 21:29 SirKnight

They better bring Christopher Lambert back for Raiden.  

News Comments > BF3 Open Beta Begins
65. Re: BF3 Open Beta Begins Sep 29, 2011, 16:21 SirKnight

I miss Gamespy and Kali.  

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Sep 28, 2011, 22:13 SirKnight

Hey it's the 70s! Far out!  

News Comments > Duke Nukem 3D: Reloaded on Hold
28. Re: Duke Nukem 3D: Reloaded on Hold Sep 27, 2011, 18:50 SirKnight

Perhaps they could just rename it to Luke Fookem. lol  

News Comments > Duke Nukem 3D: Reloaded on Hold
27. Re: Duke Nukem 3D: Reloaded on Hold Sep 27, 2011, 18:49 SirKnight

I've been looking forward to this so I hope they start back up again some day. This looks sooooo much better than DNF, which looked and felt like a pre-alpha only 6 months into development, if that.  

News Comments > NVIDIA Beta Drivers for BF3 Beta
7. Re: NVIDIA Beta Drivers for BF3 Beta Sep 26, 2011, 15:22 SirKnight

^Drag0n^ wrote on Sep 26, 2011, 14:33:
Are these really new "drivers" or just setting profiles wrapped in the same old driver.

Why a game requires special drivers is beyond me. Adhere to the API standard(s): quit taking shortcuts.

^D^

Yes these are new drivers, not just a profile.

Learn how drivers really work and do some profiling with various games/apps and it will be more clear why you need special optimizations. A good place to start is the Mesa codebase or any of the open source linux 3d drivers.

News Comments > Diablo III DRM Problems
48. Re: Diablo III DRM Problems Sep 22, 2011, 19:03 SirKnight

Erebus wrote on Sep 22, 2011, 18:09:
unless you're into dongles.

Teehee! That's just sounds so wrong.

News Comments > Diablo III DRM Problems
15. Re: Diablo III DRM Problems Sep 22, 2011, 17:39 SirKnight

Yep, EXACTLY why I will not be buying this game unless Blizzard changes this stupid shit. Even if they do, I'm waiting for a sale since this game IMO is a step backwards in several aspects from D2.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
9. Re: etc., etc. Sep 20, 2011, 00:53 SirKnight

Nothin's better than a night of American Idol with a cheese can in one hand and a Slim Jim in the other.  

News Comments > Dead Island Ships 1M in North America, Approaches 2M Worldwide
8. Re: Dead Island Sells 1M in North America, Approaches 2M Worldwide Sep 15, 2011, 11:08 SirKnight

Shame we have to hack the crap out of it to make it decent and playable. :/  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
26. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2011, 14:16 SirKnight

So far I have had very good luck with Samsung things. I'm a huge fan of them ATM.

But it is true that things are built really crappy these days. Receivers, refrigerators, TVs, washers/dryers, cars. They all are junk that don't last.

Back in the good ol days things were built to last forever. They also weren't built completely in china or similar places either on the cheap.

News Comments > Dead Island "Private Joke" Goes Public
111. Re: Dead Island Sep 8, 2011, 22:48 SirKnight

Sepharo wrote on Sep 8, 2011, 22:31:
Some dumbass put something inappropriate in the code, call the police.

No, this is a job for NO MA'AM!

108. Re: Dead Island Sep 8, 2011, 22:20 SirKnight

Dev wrote on Sep 8, 2011, 22:09:
Ideally yeah... but remember these are the devs who admit they accidently released a dev build as a release build to the public, so they can't be doing that much double checking.

Yeah, good point there. lol

With such a sloppy and lazy development process, I'm surprised the game actually works at all and manages to do what it does.

104. Re: Dead Island Sep 8, 2011, 21:59 SirKnight

So Steam just downloaded an update for me and the file that contains Feminist Whore is still there. LOL! I would have thought it would be removed by now, but maybe it takes a while for patches to trickle through the steam process.

I saved the file for future lulz since I'm sure it will be removed soon.

I think this developer now, or should, understands the value of $ grep -r FeministWhore *

Oh, and I'm sure others knew about this as I'm sure when they check in game files/code it goes through a review process before submission to the repository. So apparently this was thought to be funny and cool by multiple people, otherwise the code review would have been rejected.

This comment was edited on Sep 8, 2011, 22:04.

46. Re: Dead Island "Private Joke" Goes Public Sep 8, 2011, 17:01 SirKnight

Seems to me that this is getting more of a reaction than DNF did. Now THAT'S messed up right there.  

34. Re: Dead Island Sep 8, 2011, 16:33 SirKnight

PropheT wrote on Sep 8, 2011, 16:20:
SirKnight wrote on Sep 8, 2011, 15:38:
Finally, the LOD system is messed up badly. You won't see objects (including zombies) until you're 20 feet away and suddenly they just pop in. I find this to be very annoying. My PC can handle drawing these things at a much farther distance, so why we are forced with the console's crappy LOD settings is beyond me.

I haven't seen any pop-in whatsoever. Even driving at a high rate of speed you can see the zombies at a long distance without things popping in.

The inventory can definitely be confusing at times, though.

That's weird. I see the issue really bad. This game has so many surprises!

24. Re: Dead Island Sep 8, 2011, 16:09 SirKnight

Prez wrote on Sep 8, 2011, 15:58:
SirKnight wrote on Sep 8, 2011, 15:53:
If I'm going to be a feminist whore, I demand boobs damn it!

http://www.plasticsurgery.org/cosmetic-procedures/breast-augmentation.html

Giggity!

21. Re: Dead Island Sep 8, 2011, 15:53 SirKnight

Prez wrote on Sep 8, 2011, 15:46:
There is no line. I hereby dub each and every one of you Feminist Whores.

What's the use of being a feminist whore if you don't have your own boobs to play with?

If I'm going to be a feminist whore, I demand boobs damn it!

16. Re: Dead Island Sep 8, 2011, 15:38 SirKnight

jsmith wrote on Sep 8, 2011, 15:28:
Also, whoever programmed in keyboard support should be forced to learn how to program

I agree the keyboard support is messed up. I can't for the life of me get the game not NOT activate USE when pressing F. I have F for move right and space for use, yet this damn game wants to use F for USE no matter what. This has caused me to close doors on myself, pickup crap I don't want, etc.

The inventory is indeed odd. It makes no sense. The movement is very strange as well. And the over use of bloom/saturation is annoying. Finally, the LOD system is messed up badly. You won't see objects (including zombies) until you're 20 feet away and suddenly they just pop in. I find this to be very annoying. My PC can handle drawing these things at a much farther distance, so why we are forced with the console's crappy LOD settings is beyond me.

They clearly have a lot more work to do on this game. Instead I guess they would rather divert attention to feminist whore. It sounds like the programmer for this joke is going to get fired. Which is a shame and not right at all for something as lame and unimportant as this.

Speaking of feminist whore, I wish I could put a sock in her mouth. I'm playing as feminist whore now and my god she needs to really STFU. Annoying ass beeotch fo sho.

1181 Comments. 60 pages. Viewing page 29.
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo