Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Thomas Grimes

Real Name Thomas Grimes   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SirKnight
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 14, 2005, 23:42
Total Comments 1143 (Pro)
User ID 22923

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > Dead Island "Private Joke" Goes Public
21. Re: Dead Island Sep 8, 2011, 15:53 SirKnight

Prez wrote on Sep 8, 2011, 15:46:
There is no line. I hereby dub each and every one of you Feminist Whores.

What's the use of being a feminist whore if you don't have your own boobs to play with?

If I'm going to be a feminist whore, I demand boobs damn it!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dead Island "Private Joke" Goes Public
16. Re: Dead Island Sep 8, 2011, 15:38 SirKnight

jsmith wrote on Sep 8, 2011, 15:28:
Also, whoever programmed in keyboard support should be forced to learn how to program

I agree the keyboard support is messed up. I can't for the life of me get the game not NOT activate USE when pressing F. I have F for move right and space for use, yet this damn game wants to use F for USE no matter what. This has caused me to close doors on myself, pickup crap I don't want, etc.

The inventory is indeed odd. It makes no sense. The movement is very strange as well. And the over use of bloom/saturation is annoying. Finally, the LOD system is messed up badly. You won't see objects (including zombies) until you're 20 feet away and suddenly they just pop in. I find this to be very annoying. My PC can handle drawing these things at a much farther distance, so why we are forced with the console's crappy LOD settings is beyond me.

They clearly have a lot more work to do on this game. Instead I guess they would rather divert attention to feminist whore. It sounds like the programmer for this joke is going to get fired. Which is a shame and not right at all for something as lame and unimportant as this.

Speaking of feminist whore, I wish I could put a sock in her mouth. I'm playing as feminist whore now and my god she needs to really STFU. Annoying ass beeotch fo sho.

News Comments > Dead Island "Make Up" Promised
3. Re: Dead Island "Make Up" Promised Sep 7, 2011, 21:22 SirKnight

For some reason, I noticed that the F key always acts as Use no matter what. I have Space for Use and F for strafe right yet F still acts as Use in addition to right. It's really weird and kind of messes me up some times.  

News Comments > RAGE Specs
43. Re: RAGE Specs Sep 7, 2011, 10:53 SirKnight

Good thing I pre-ordered the DVD version. No way am I going to download that much on my connection.  

News Comments > Dead Island Patched
11. Re: Dead Island Patched Sep 6, 2011, 23:06 SirKnight

For some reason, ever since I saved that dude on the beach early on in the game it has turned into a freaking slideshow. The performance is just pure crap. So bad it's not playable at all. I have a very high end machine too so I don't know WTF is going on.

I'd love to see a patch that allows you to disable the bloom. It's so overdone it's not even funny.

News Comments > Crytek Refutes Working Conditions Accusations
25. Re: Crytek Refutes Working Conditions Accusations Sep 5, 2011, 17:35 SirKnight

ZOMG Crytek is refudiating!  

News Comments > First Skyrim DLCs Timed Xbox 360 Exclusives
9. Re: First Skyrim DLCs Timed Xbox 360 Exclusives Aug 26, 2011, 11:53 SirKnight

Beamer wrote on Aug 26, 2011, 11:43:
But I guess Tumbler feels that Ultimate Doom should have been included with Doom and Scourge of Armageddon should have been included with Quake.

No, that's not the same thing at all. With those games you got A LOT more content than modern day "DLC" gives for the price. Modern day DLC is a horrible rip off and is just nickle-and-diming.

It's irritating how these devs now just can't wait to bleed us dry.

This is why I like indie games so much more these days. There it's more about the games like it used to be, rather than making a killing.

News Comments > Torchlight 2 Classier, Not Pricier
6. Re: Torchlight 2 Final Class and Price Revealed Aug 26, 2011, 11:48 SirKnight

Torchlight has all the goodness of Diablo 2 plus more! Diablo 3 has none of the goodness of Diablo 2, only better graphics - I guess - and so is looking to be like a big disappointment. Plus the always on DRM stuff. Bah.

I love Torchlight! T2 here I come!

News Comments > Steve Jobs Resigns
33. Re: Steve Jobs Resigns Aug 24, 2011, 22:18 SirKnight

Kitkoan wrote on Aug 24, 2011, 21:33:
wolve wrote on Aug 24, 2011, 21:31:
^Drag0n^ wrote on Aug 24, 2011, 20:03:
Godspeed, Steve. You're a better man than your critics give you credit for.

^D^
QFT. The man has done more for the computing/tech world than all the haters could ever do.

Oh? Name one good thing he did for the computer/tech world that wasn't a copy of someone else's work? Remember, OSX was a copy of BSD, NExt was a copy of the Mach Kernal, iPad was a copy of Android tablets from China made in 2009, ect...

Hah. The kernel of OSX, Darwin, is not a COPY of BSD but a derivative of it. Linux is more of a UNIX copy than Darwin is.

Second, there is no way the iPad is a copy of an android tablet. The iPad was in the works for many years long before android was anything at all. The timeline does not make sense at all to call the iPad a copy. Plus, Jobs said a year or so ago in an interview that they were working on the iPad before the iPhone, but decided the time was better to make the phone first.

You need to get your facts straight. As it stands, it's obvious you're just a blind apple hater.

News Comments > John Carmack on RAGE
4. Re: John Carmack on RAGE Aug 21, 2011, 20:08 SirKnight

[VG]Reagle wrote on Aug 21, 2011, 19:39:
When ever this guys blabs on about how much he knows about graphics we all roll our eyes.

Shut the HELL UP JOHN. Learn from Gabe then keep running your mouth. BTW Rage sucks ass if we wanted Borderlands 2 we would have bought it from 2K...

Wow seriously? LOL! Whatever man....

News Comments > CryENGINE 3 Free SDK Released
1. Re: CryENGINE 3 Free SDK Released Aug 17, 2011, 22:23 SirKnight

Cool. But what about making Crysis 2 maps?  

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Aug 17, 2011, 00:21 SirKnight

F**k facebook.

There. My day is not complete until I curse facebook.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Jet Combat Trailer
33. Re: Battlefield 3 Jet Combat Trailer Aug 16, 2011, 14:53 SirKnight

Too bad there's no modding. For me, that really kills it. There's so much potential for awesome mods here and is the main reason the previous BF games lasted so long. I'd love to see an ultra realistic simulation mod that shows BIS how it's done.

This is a $30 TOPS game for me.

Yeah it has flashy graphics...so what?

News Comments > Runic on Diablo III vs. Torchlight 2 RMTs and DRM
10. Re: Runic on Diablo III vs. Torchlight 2 RMTs and DRM Aug 11, 2011, 00:10 SirKnight

I have never considered any diablo game to be an MMORPG. I barely even think about the multiplayer part at all. To me, diablo is a single player game and is best at that. The times I did play MP with diablo 2 was ok, but I have more fun in SP. To me SP is more challenging and I get all the loot for myself. Plus I can play through it at my own pace.

I've started playing Torchlight again and it's such a great game. I love how it's so much like diablo but has some very nice improvements, like being able to hold more loot, two weapon sets you can switch back and forth to, the fishing part to turn your pet into some powerful weird thing, the customizations for key bindings, etc. I greatly look forward to Torchlight 2.

I only wish Torchlight had a knight/paladin character. That was my favorite type in Diablo 2.

I really dislike the gameplay changes they have made in D3. Not to mention the always on DRM crap. While that probably won't affect me much if at all, I still am opposed to it. What happens a long long time from now if I want to go back and play the game again? I do that with 15+ year old games now. If the DRM servers do not stay up forever, I won't get to play in the future like I know I will want to. I'm not the type to disregard the old just because it's old and blindly follow only the new stuff for the sake of it being new and supposedly "better."

Now if a hack of some sort comes out that kills this always on requirement, I may buy D3 then...but only if it's not still $60. $60 for a game can blow me.

News Comments > New NVIDIA WHQL Reference Drivers
4. Re: New NVIDIA WHQL Reference Drivers Aug 9, 2011, 12:21 SirKnight

For anyone interested in OpenGL 4.2, the beta 280.28 drivers were released today too.

If you're not an OpenGL developer, ignore this.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
2. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Aug 7, 2011, 23:07 SirKnight

First thing I have always done right after installing Vista or 7 is disable UAC.  

News Comments > No Battlefield 3 on Steam
26. Re: No Battlefield 3 on Steam Aug 6, 2011, 14:40 SirKnight

I like having my games on steam so I can download them anytime anywhere (where there's a net connection of course!) and I don't have to worry about putting a CD in to play.

I even use steam for launching my non-steam games. It's my primary point for starting a game. Except for my old games that use a .bat file to run due to dosbox or whatever. Steam will not let me add a game from its .bat.

It sucks BF3 is not going to be on steam, but I was not planning on buying it day one anyway. I'm waiting for a sale. I'm just not convinced with BF3 to pay the $60.

News Comments > Thursday Consolidation
1. Re: Thursday Consolidation Aug 4, 2011, 13:38 SirKnight

Not surprised since CoD is about as on rails as you can get.  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Origin Preorders Include Beta Access
6. Re: Battlefield 3 Origin Preorders Include Beta Access Aug 2, 2011, 21:34 SirKnight

I've never had a problem with Amazon's release day delivery. Maybe it's because I have Amazon Prime?  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 U.S. Preorder Bonuses
5. Re: Battlefield 3 U.S. Preorder Bonuses Aug 1, 2011, 21:34 SirKnight

I'd much rather have a pre-order price drop. 25% would be fine.

Not going to pay $60 for this. I'm not convinced it's worth it. Even at $50 I'd be a little iffy TBH.

1143 Comments. 58 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo