Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Thomas Grimes

Real Name Thomas Grimes   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SirKnight
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 14, 2005, 23:42
Total Comments 1177 (Pro)
User ID 22923

User comment history
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 20, 2011, 11:15 SirKnight

I think I'll play some Quake 2 today.

Funny enough, quake2.com still works. But the last news post was on October 30th 1998.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > MechWarrior 5 This Decade
6. Re: MechWarrior 5 This Decade Oct 18, 2011, 14:12 SirKnight

MechWarrior Forever.  

News Comments > DICE: Battlefield 3 Beta "Mission Accomplished"
43. Re: DICE: Battlefield 3 Beta Oct 17, 2011, 14:08 SirKnight

MajorD wrote on Oct 17, 2011, 12:03:
Hopefully the hoople heads over at id Software will take note, as RAGE may have not been (and still is) such a cluster &#$@ on the PC if they would have conducted a Beta period.

I don't know what you're on, but the issue with Rage is AMD/ATI drivers. At least the one they made public. Using NVIDIA the game is just fine and is quite awesome.

Crap drivers is why I have never, and will never, buy a radeon.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
1. Re: Saturday Metaverse Oct 15, 2011, 15:33 SirKnight

Not a problem for blackberry users.  

News Comments > Xbox LIVE Hacking?
1. Re: Xbox LIVE Hacking? Oct 14, 2011, 11:18 SirKnight

Yep this happened to me. Somehow they used FIFA 12 to rob $50 worth of points from me that I bought only a few days prior.

Good thing I no longer keep a CC on my account.

News Comments > THE CORE for Portal 2
2. Re: THE CORE for Portal 2 Oct 14, 2011, 09:13 SirKnight

Cube ore, madia...man those guys at Aperture Science were working on some crazy things!  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Upgrade woes dampen iOS 5 excitement; how has it been for you? Oct 13, 2011, 22:48 SirKnight

OMG, it's been a complete cluster f@#k. My iPod touch and iPad both got the "failed to update" messages at a critical point forcing me to restore to stock then restore my backup...eventually. When it failed to contact the update server the devices were basically soft-bricked at that point since the morons at Apple think it should contact the update server when the device is at a critical point. ARG! Would it kill them to contact the servers getting everything verified/lined-up and such BEFORE the device gets put in recovery (or whatever they call it) mode?

With my iPod, it didn't even put everything in the proper folders. Things are scattered all over the damn place. For both my iPod and iPad it took 3/4 of a day straight to resync all my 40GB of apps (mostly games). I don't know how I have that many, but iTunes says that's what it is. Still, it should not take that freaking long.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Woman Accidentally Texts Drug Deal To Police. Oct 13, 2011, 22:42 SirKnight

ROFL! 0wned.  

News Comments > Celebrating Ten Years of GTA3 - Mobile Versions Coming
16. Re: Celebrating Ten Years of GTA3 - Mobile Versions Coming Oct 13, 2011, 17:26 SirKnight

Creston wrote on Oct 13, 2011, 14:25:
They're going back to Vice City for 5.

You say that like you know for sure? R* employee perhaps?

Only R* knows for sure. The rest is pure speculation.

News Comments > Celebrating Ten Years of GTA3 - Mobile Versions Coming
15. Re: Celebrating Ten Years of GTA3 - Mobile Versions Coming Oct 13, 2011, 17:13 SirKnight

All I know is I need GTA 5 and RDR 2. Bad.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Daytona USA confirmed for XBLA, PSN with trailer. Oct 12, 2011, 23:06 SirKnight

Awesome! I loved that game back in the arcade days. I remember also playing it on a Sega Saturn setup for demo at various stores.

I recently bought a Sega Saturn on ebay. Always wanted one but never got one, until now. I think it came with Daytona USA...

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 11, 2011, 11:58 SirKnight

It's a damn shame Rockstar is not going to offer the hardcore difficulty mode and the Solomon's Folly SP as DLC for the original RDR.

These guys sure like to screw over their customers. This is yet another example. Loyalty means jack shit I guess.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Free software founder, Richard M. Stallman is glad Jobs is gone. Oct 10, 2011, 12:10 SirKnight

Jobs has done more for the tech and computer industry than Stallman ever has or could ever do. Stallman is nothing but a burned out hippie from the 60's that hasn't done jack.

So he started GNU. Big deal. Only a hippie could come up with that anyway.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2011, 18:34 SirKnight

I don't remember exactly when I started coming here, but it was the mid-late 90's for sure. Probably very shortly after moving to its own domain. Anyway, I've always thought this site is one of the best, if not THE best, for gaming news and I still do. I will continue to come here until I can no longer physically do it - whatever that might mean.

Long Live Blue!

News Comments > RAGE Patched
35. Re: RAGE Patched Oct 9, 2011, 18:27 SirKnight

Cutter wrote on Oct 9, 2011, 14:12:
So it's the driver's fault that you never had a GUI for PC users for this? Riiiiiiight. Wow, has id ever turned into a bunch of dickholes.

That's how you interpreted this? Wow. Your comprehension skills are awful. Either that, or you're very desperately trying to bash id b/c it's now the hip and cool thing to do I guess.

Too bad the radeon driver team can't make a driver to save their ass. ATI drivers have always been pure shit and it's taking id down with it since so many "pc gamers" are complete morons that can't tell the difference between a driver bug and a game bug. On my nvidia setup the game looks and plays perfectly. No crazy tweaking needed either.

The BS I've been reading recently makes me not want to ever admit I'm a pc gamer any more. Good thing I actually play console and pc. No wonder devs no longer want to support pc. These PoG's are a bunch of whiny a-holes. At least console gamers, while they accept lesser quality stuff, are not a bunch of fuktards.

News Comments > AMD/ATI Catalyst Preview Driver for BF3 & RAGE
4. Re: AMD/ATI Catalyst Preview Driver for BF3 & RAGE Oct 7, 2011, 18:36 SirKnight

There are no mod tools yet.

And I fail to see how this game is broken. It works fine for me, minus the minor texture pop in.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Oct 5, 2011, 22:04 SirKnight

Man yesterday when I saw the wolf 3d easter egg I posted on a youtube video of it that it would be cool if the doom egg was the first level. I did not expect that to actually be true and omg it actually was! Crazy.  

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Oct 5, 2011, 22:00 SirKnight

The Advocate wrote on Oct 5, 2011, 21:44:
Adios, Apple.

Your downhill slide began yesterday but it picked up a bit of speed today.

While I agree their iPhone 4S announcement was flat and all, but the second part of your comment is just wrong.

News Comments > Rockstar on (Lack of) PC Red Dead Redemption
7. Re: Rockstar on (Lack of) PC Dead Red Redemption Oct 5, 2011, 21:56 SirKnight

To me it seems there's more people wanting RDR on the PC than LAN.

RDR is an awesome game and one of my fav of all times. To me, it blows away LAN like crazy. It would be cool to see RDR on the PC with super awesome textures and such.

If they ever do, I'm buying it day one. In the meantime, I'll continue with the 360 version.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever DLC Next Week
2. Re: Duke Nukem Forever DLC Next Week Oct 5, 2011, 21:29 SirKnight

LOL!

Are they serious? Man I can't even say how bad I want this game to be good, but it just blows so much ass. Oh well, at least I still have Duke 3D. Damn fine game right there.

1177 Comments. 59 pages. Viewing page 27.
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo