Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Thomas Grimes

Real Name Thomas Grimes   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SirKnight
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 14, 2005, 23:42
Total Comments 1155 (Pro)
User ID 22923

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > etc., etc.
8. Re: etc., etc. Dec 6, 2011, 23:56 SirKnight

But what happens if you take an arrow to the knee?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Counter-Strike Global Offensive Beta Footage
3. Re: Counter-Strike Global Offensive Beta Footage Dec 1, 2011, 11:06 SirKnight

I started playing CS:Source again recently. I definitely like it better than CoD MP which was obviously inspired by CS. To me, the gameplay of CS is how it should be. No regenerating health! You get hit, you're injured.

If GO keeps the same formula then yay!

News Comments > New NVIDIA Beta Drivers
3. Re: New NVIDIA Beta Drivers Nov 28, 2011, 12:06 SirKnight

MajorD wrote on Nov 28, 2011, 11:09:
And still no fix for RAGE on either Nvidia's side or id's. How long has that game been out and they (id Software) haven't addressed the low res textures and texutre pop-in issues, or even an update to status of?

What's wrong with Rage on NVIDIA? It looks and plays perfectly fine for me. I see very minimal texture pop in, but a lot of games do that and it's because of the over head in the drivers. The low res issue is just due to the high amounts of compression they used. But even then, the game looks better than most other games that have come out and no one complains about them!

id does have a patch coming, but is waiting for AMD to fix their shit drivers do they can validate.

News Comments > DOOM III Source Code Released
1. Re: DOOM III Source Code Released Nov 22, 2011, 23:28 SirKnight

Hell yeah!  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. PETA: That Whole Bloody Mario Thing, That was Just a Joke. Nov 16, 2011, 22:30 SirKnight

"That was Just a Joke."

Yeah, and so is PETA.

News Comments > Diablo III Beta Key Giveaway
3. Re: Diablo III Beta Key Giveaway Nov 16, 2011, 12:28 SirKnight

Ah nuts, you have to have a FB account to do this. Technically I do have one, but I disabled it years ago and will not go back.

Oh well. No big loss really. I'd honestly still rather play D2 and Torchlight.

News Comments > More on DOOM 3 Source Release
4. Re: More on DOOM 3 Source Release Nov 16, 2011, 12:19 SirKnight

I implemented this algorithm years ago. It's a really nice way of solving the usual problems with shadow volumes efficiently. It's a shame this has to be patented. Just goes to show patents, especially software, do more harm to the field of computer science than it helps.  

News Comments > Jurassic Jeep and Chaos Theory
1. Re: Jurassic Jeep and Chaos Theory Nov 14, 2011, 22:50 SirKnight

Wow, that's pretty shitty of Telltale to not man-up and take responsibility of their mistreatment of someone else's things. I just don't understand how some people can be so disrespectful. Low life's.

I was going to buy this Jurassic Park game, but now I will not. I now see what kind of people Telltale is made of. Fuck 'em.

News Comments > Skyrim Arrives
81. Re: Skyrim Arrives Nov 11, 2011, 15:46 SirKnight

Even though mods and potentially higher res textures on the PC version is nice, honestly I'd rather have the console (360) version. The reasons are: play on a big LED HDTV (60"+), theater style rocking surround sound system, and sit on a comfortable couch/recliner. The large TV with great sound system is really the key for an amazing experience with a game like this. Plus, with the PC, you need to spend tons of money to make it run at full specs at playable fps. Now, I have already done that, but still, spending tons on my PC every year is getting old as hell.

I think I'll get the 360 version and pick up the PC version on a steam sale in the future (to check out mods and stuff). I am curious how the nvidia 3d vision setup is with this game. I plan on getting a new monitor soon (my current one is starting to act very weird) and I'm thinking a 3D capable one this time around.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: iPhone 4S Users Complaining of Audio Issues Nov 7, 2011, 11:33 SirKnight

They must be wearing the hands free headset wrong.  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
7. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Nov 6, 2011, 23:02 SirKnight

zirik wrote on Nov 6, 2011, 22:42:
if vinyl comes back so will vacuum tubes.

Actually they already have, kind of. Guitar amps with tubes are still made. Some have tubes and the modern digital stuff. Kind of a hybrid amp I guess.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Announcement
49. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Announcement Nov 3, 2011, 21:00 SirKnight

So when church is over, can we talk about how great GTA V is going to be?  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Multiplayer Trailer
24. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Multiplayer Trailer Nov 1, 2011, 16:40 SirKnight

Face it, CoD and BF are both the same rehashed shit. I feel good I will not be touching either one with a ten foot pole.

Fanbois from both sides are just as moronic as the other. Pretty funny to watch though.

News Comments > DOOM 3 Source Code Release Nears
8. Re: DOOM 3 Source Code Release Nears Oct 31, 2011, 22:42 SirKnight

Yay!

I was just thinking the other day the kinds of rendering algorithms I want to add to this. In addition to iOS/Android support.

My port is going to have a very different backend.

News Comments > NVIDIA Investigating TDR Issues
15. Re: NVIDIA Investigating TDR Issues Oct 31, 2011, 11:50 SirKnight

I've been seeing this issue with my SLI GTX 460s ever since I installed the beta BF3-beta/Rage driver (actually it was JUST BF3 at the time). The newest one still does it of course too, just not as much. As a matter of fact, it JUST did it not 10 min ago.

It does seem to be less common with the latest drivers for me. Before the beta driver, this issue was extremely rare for me. Now it's an almost everyday thing.

But of course, it could be worse. In the "old days" you'd get a BSOD when the driver did something odd.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3
68. Re: Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3 Oct 25, 2011, 17:10 SirKnight

Tumbler wrote on Oct 25, 2011, 16:02:
Anyone tried using a controller with the game? Does it work by default with everything?

Yes, it's called the Xbox 360 version.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 25, 2011, 15:16 SirKnight

I like netflix and will continue to use it for as long as I can.

I may end up dropping the DVD portion but for now it stays. I use the streaming option most often.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 20, 2011, 11:15 SirKnight

I think I'll play some Quake 2 today.

Funny enough, quake2.com still works. But the last news post was on October 30th 1998.

News Comments > MechWarrior 5 This Decade
6. Re: MechWarrior 5 This Decade Oct 18, 2011, 14:12 SirKnight

MechWarrior Forever.  

1155 Comments. 58 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo