Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Thomas Grimes

Real Name Thomas Grimes   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SirKnight
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 14, 2005, 23:42
Total Comments 1161 (Pro)
User ID 22923

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 16, 2012, 17:31 SirKnight

If anyone has been waiting until BF3 goes on sale, you're in luck. I just happened to notice that it's $29 on Origin right now. I went ahead and picked it up since this is what I was waiting for. I have the 360 version (which I got for free) and I just HATE the controller. I try to get used to it but I just hate it so much. On the other hand, it is nice seeing this game on a 60" LED/LCD screen and a surround sound system while sitting on a nice couch.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Reviving An Old 3DFX Powered PC Mar 14, 2012, 22:48 SirKnight

I've actually been meaning to do this for quite some time. There's some old games I'd like to play again that always looked best in Glide mode. In software or D3D (for the ones that supported that) they looked like crap. Like Burnout Drag Racing by Bethesda. I loved that game because of how realistic and hardcore it was. In Glide mode it looked awesome. I even got to know one of the programmers. Unfortunately that is a DOS game so using a glide wrapper is not possible, at least not the last time I tried with dosbox. Their drag racing games after that turned to complete shit.

I should still have my Win 98SE CD around somewhere.

A while back on ebay I bought a voodoo 3 (funny how long it took me to finally get one after all these years lol!) and I think a voodoo 5 (could be a 4 but I'm pretty sure it was a 5). I want to buy one of each just for the hell of it. I used to have a Voodoo Rush and one of those 2D+voodoo 2 on one card (forget what it's called).

I'd love to buy a voodoo 5 6000, but those are rare and quite expensive when one is for sale.

News Comments > First Carmageddon: Reincarnation Screenshots
15. Re: First Carmageddon: Reincarnation Screenshots Mar 10, 2012, 17:57 SirKnight

What's the deal with that one version of the eagle that has a big muffler on the side, above the rear wheel that looks like it belongs on a sport bike? That's just stupid looking. Plus it already has dual exhausts coming out the rear.

Dude must have been high as fuck when drawing that one.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 10, 2012, 13:12 SirKnight

Yeah I'd vote for year-round DST as well. I hate it getting dark so soon.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 7, 2012, 09:51 SirKnight

Google Play? LOL! What a stupid name. Android Market made a lot of sense and was obvious what it was. But hearing Google Play it's like...what? what's that? A music player or something?  

News Comments > id on DOOM 4 Images
8. Re: id on DOOM 4 Images Mar 2, 2012, 09:47 SirKnight

ItBurn wrote on Mar 2, 2012, 09:39:
It better not be fuckin' mega textures. Rage's textures look so bad even on max details, it's ridiculous.

Don't blame the tech since you obviously have no idea how it works and why it's needed. Doom 4 WILL use MegaTextures since this is idTech 5 they're using. The problem is not MegaTextures (virtual texturing) but the extreme amount of compression used for the consoles. Virtual texturing is the only and best way to have unique texutring everywhere and higher resolution/texture detail than would otherwise be possible due to hardware constraints. But the consoles screwed that up due to the disk media.

News Comments > Rayman Origins Demo
8. Re: Rayman Origins Demo Mar 1, 2012, 12:31 SirKnight

Krovven wrote on Mar 1, 2012, 11:57:
Ordered a PS Vita. Was planning on getting this game for the Vita, but I may have to consider it on Steam instead.

Looks like they now have a demo of this on the Vita. Downloading now.

I <3 my Vita.

News Comments > Rayman Origins Demo
5. Re: Rayman Origins Demo Mar 1, 2012, 11:54 SirKnight

reisub wrote on Mar 1, 2012, 11:35:
I seem to be having the opposite problem in that clicking on the "download demo" button does absolutely nothing. Restarting Steam doesn't help. Shame, want to try this.

Same here. I was able to download a different demo, just not this.

News Comments > DOOM 4 Screenshots? Cancellation Rumor Denied
8. Re: DOOM 4 Screenshots? Cancellation Rumor Denied Feb 28, 2012, 23:32 SirKnight

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Feb 28, 2012, 23:17:
Those screenshots look really dire; certainly much worse than RAGE. And they seem to bare absolutely no relation to the Doom universe. Wrecked cars? Cranes? Large outdoor areas? It doesn't look like it's set on Mars, that's for sure.

I don't think they're genuine, as they look really, really bad... it looks more like a mod for Doom 3. For starters, why would any major gaming company release images as such a low resolution and without more hype behind the reveal?

lol...oh man where do I begin?

Remember Doom 2? Guess what? NOT set on Mars. The full title was Doom 2: Hell on EARTH. So, doom can be set on other places you know. id created doom, not you, so they can have it take place in any damn location they want.

These shots very much look like idTech 5. Just level shots with no "things." If you think this looks like a mod for Doom 3 then you need glasses, or stronger ones. The only way idTech 4 would look like this is if the renderer was completely re-written, since the code is open source now.

Finally, do you not know what LEAKED means? Of course id would not officialy release shots like this.

---

Ah yes, the Blues comment sections. Where the Haterade is given away free and all you can drink...since always.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 21, 2012, 22:12 SirKnight

I like GNONE, but I have always greatly preferred KDE. I guess because it's more familiar to me since it has a lot of similarities to the way windows looks.

Yay Kubuntu!

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: Evening Mobilization Feb 21, 2012, 22:07 SirKnight

There is no way him or any other exec deserves this kind of money. Very few people anywhere, if any at all, do not deserve to be paid like that. This is just absurd. Tax rates for someone pulling in this kind of money in one year need to be extremely high. Then there's tons of people that do real valuable work and get jack. They get fired and lose their house and every thing all so some jack asses can continue to be over paid.

This is not a good system we are in.

News Comments > President's Day Mobilization
6. Re: President's Day Mobilization Feb 20, 2012, 16:29 SirKnight

Cutter wrote on Feb 20, 2012, 10:51:
You'd have to be a fool to buy one of those things.

More like a fool, no a complete idiot, to say something like that. Not that I'm surprised at all...

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. FCC set to impose new limits on automated telemarketing calls. Feb 15, 2012, 15:22 SirKnight

This is all good and everything, but it should go further. Like, eliminating telemarketing completely. Make it completely illegal. I'm so sick of this crap. Do not call lists are a complete joke.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
6. Re: etc., etc. Feb 14, 2012, 10:08 SirKnight

I never got around to finishing Black Ops. I guess I should go do it now to see what's all the fuss about.  

News Comments > Notch Offers to Fund Psychonauts 2
15. Re: Notch Offers to Fund Psychonauts 2 Feb 7, 2012, 12:39 SirKnight

Bah, I liked Brutal Legend.  

News Comments > Morning Previews
12. Re: Morning Previews Feb 2, 2012, 20:08 SirKnight

lol, yeah I know but I'm just so used to using the task manager that it's just automatic to hit C+A+D.

It's just beyond asinine that a game would require network access to do things like access the menus (like quit), talk to AI, etc. I mean WTF!? It's just fucking dumb as hell to require Internet for an offline SP mode.

Damn you Blizzard!

8. Re: Morning Previews Feb 2, 2012, 16:04 SirKnight

Odd...I was just playing and suddenly the game would not let me talk to people any more. I had just saved Cain and I am now back in town. I then try to exit the game but clicking on "Exit Diablo III" did nothing. I had to control+alt+del to access the task manager to kill it.

I also noticed some type of bar near the bottom right that said "latency 900ms." WTF! Reminds me of my satellite internet days. lol

4. Re: Morning Previews Feb 2, 2012, 12:34 SirKnight

Yeah I got mine last night too. I didn't have time to download it all (Blizzard's download solution is SLLOOOOOW) last night so I finished it this morning and played for a short while.

So far it's not that bad, but I hate not being able to update my char's stats myself like you could in previous games. The world also seems very linear, unlike the previous games. Hopefully the full game is less linear and more diablo 2 like.

I'm playing as a barb. He's pretty cool so far. I really miss a Paladin character. That was my fav in diablo 2. I like having a knight type of character.

I actually prefer the sprites of Diablo 2. The 3d models and textures in 3 are low res/blurry. The sprites were clear and detailed. I miss games using 2D sprites.

News Comments > Ubisoft Online Disruption
22. Re: Ubisoft Online Disruption Feb 2, 2012, 12:26 SirKnight

I'm very interested in Far Cry 3 but I'm afraid they'll put in this BS DRM mess. I'm probably in the minority that actually liked Far Cry 2 so 3 makes me kinda excited. I am disappointed they didn't continue with the Africa theme, which they originally said they would do, but oh well.

But, if they do put this unacceptable DRM in the PC version, I guess I'll have to put up with the 360 version (on sale though!) even though I hate the controller. Now if I could get the PC version for free from buying a new GPU or something like that then that would be fine. But I'm not paying money, not one cent, for Ubi's DRM solution.

News Comments > Happy Birthday id Software
21. Re: Happy Birthday id Software Feb 2, 2012, 10:03 SirKnight

Damn, who passed out the hateraid?  

1161 Comments. 59 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo