Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Thomas Grimes

Real Name Thomas Grimes   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SirKnight
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 14, 2005, 23:42
Total Comments 1171 (Pro)
User ID 22923

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Analyst: Blame CoD Decline on PC/Wii
11. Re: Analyst: Blame CoD Decline on PC/Wii Apr 18, 2012, 00:11 SirKnight

I stopped reading at analyst.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Crysis 3 Announced
6. Re: Crysis 3 Announced Apr 16, 2012, 10:21 SirKnight

Sounds more like Crysis 2 Warhead.

I'd rather have seen them go to an environment more like Crysis 1.

News Comments > Resident Evil 6 October/November Release
1. Re: Resident Evil 6 October/November Release Apr 10, 2012, 09:31 SirKnight

The last video I watched of this looked exactly like Gears of War with zombies. Even the way the camera reacts and the character looks while running has that weird GoW look to it.

I sure wish RE would go back to being like the first three. I don't want Gears of War with zombies. If I want Gears of War, I'll play Gears of War. But they have turned RE into a mindless run and gun zombie shooter. I guess to please the kiddies these days. :/

News Comments > Arma III Animations Trailer
1. Re: Arma III Animations Trailer Apr 7, 2012, 12:19 SirKnight

Lookin good. Looking forward to this one.

I just wish I could find some good Arma 2 MP games. Every time I try it's just people doing stupid shit. :/ This game has potential to be epic in MP.

News Comments > 0x10c, Mojang's Space Adventure Details
17. Re: 0x10&#8198;&#872; , Mojang's Space Adventure Details Apr 4, 2012, 00:22 SirKnight

"Duct tape!"

This has to be a poke at Doom 3.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: John Romero and Brenda Brathwaite to marry. Mar 30, 2012, 12:23 SirKnight

What happened to the Romanian broad?  

News Comments > New AMD/ATI Reference Drivers
16. Re: New AMD/ATI Reference Drivers Mar 28, 2012, 20:05 SirKnight

TurdFergasun wrote on Mar 28, 2012, 18:07:
Dades wrote on Mar 28, 2012, 17:41:
Getting a little tired of these constant updates, can't they just bribe developers like Nvidia does?

fixed

No NVIDIA does not bribe anyone. NVIDIA's Developer Technology and Relations teams do not need to resort to that.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 21, 2012, 17:22 SirKnight

I'm getting a vibrating tattoo on my wang!  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Mar 21, 2012, 00:40 SirKnight

When I was messing with the new ipad at Best Buy the other day I noticed that it seemed quite hot. I have never felt an iPad 1 or 2 to be like this at all and I have both.

Not going to get the new one though. The high res display is nice and all, but it's not enough to get me to buy one. I need more storage. 64GB is not even close to enough.

News Comments > Tech 4 SDK Plans
3. Re: Tech 4 SDK Plans Mar 16, 2012, 19:02 SirKnight

There's the iodoom 3 project, but I don't think they've done much so far.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 16, 2012, 17:31 SirKnight

If anyone has been waiting until BF3 goes on sale, you're in luck. I just happened to notice that it's $29 on Origin right now. I went ahead and picked it up since this is what I was waiting for. I have the 360 version (which I got for free) and I just HATE the controller. I try to get used to it but I just hate it so much. On the other hand, it is nice seeing this game on a 60" LED/LCD screen and a surround sound system while sitting on a nice couch.  

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Reviving An Old 3DFX Powered PC Mar 14, 2012, 22:48 SirKnight

I've actually been meaning to do this for quite some time. There's some old games I'd like to play again that always looked best in Glide mode. In software or D3D (for the ones that supported that) they looked like crap. Like Burnout Drag Racing by Bethesda. I loved that game because of how realistic and hardcore it was. In Glide mode it looked awesome. I even got to know one of the programmers. Unfortunately that is a DOS game so using a glide wrapper is not possible, at least not the last time I tried with dosbox. Their drag racing games after that turned to complete shit.

I should still have my Win 98SE CD around somewhere.

A while back on ebay I bought a voodoo 3 (funny how long it took me to finally get one after all these years lol!) and I think a voodoo 5 (could be a 4 but I'm pretty sure it was a 5). I want to buy one of each just for the hell of it. I used to have a Voodoo Rush and one of those 2D+voodoo 2 on one card (forget what it's called).

I'd love to buy a voodoo 5 6000, but those are rare and quite expensive when one is for sale.

News Comments > First Carmageddon: Reincarnation Screenshots
15. Re: First Carmageddon: Reincarnation Screenshots Mar 10, 2012, 17:57 SirKnight

What's the deal with that one version of the eagle that has a big muffler on the side, above the rear wheel that looks like it belongs on a sport bike? That's just stupid looking. Plus it already has dual exhausts coming out the rear.

Dude must have been high as fuck when drawing that one.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 10, 2012, 13:12 SirKnight

Yeah I'd vote for year-round DST as well. I hate it getting dark so soon.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 7, 2012, 09:51 SirKnight

Google Play? LOL! What a stupid name. Android Market made a lot of sense and was obvious what it was. But hearing Google Play it's like...what? what's that? A music player or something?  

News Comments > id on DOOM 4 Images
8. Re: id on DOOM 4 Images Mar 2, 2012, 09:47 SirKnight

ItBurn wrote on Mar 2, 2012, 09:39:
It better not be fuckin' mega textures. Rage's textures look so bad even on max details, it's ridiculous.

Don't blame the tech since you obviously have no idea how it works and why it's needed. Doom 4 WILL use MegaTextures since this is idTech 5 they're using. The problem is not MegaTextures (virtual texturing) but the extreme amount of compression used for the consoles. Virtual texturing is the only and best way to have unique texutring everywhere and higher resolution/texture detail than would otherwise be possible due to hardware constraints. But the consoles screwed that up due to the disk media.

News Comments > Rayman Origins Demo
8. Re: Rayman Origins Demo Mar 1, 2012, 12:31 SirKnight

Krovven wrote on Mar 1, 2012, 11:57:
Ordered a PS Vita. Was planning on getting this game for the Vita, but I may have to consider it on Steam instead.

Looks like they now have a demo of this on the Vita. Downloading now.

I <3 my Vita.

News Comments > Rayman Origins Demo
5. Re: Rayman Origins Demo Mar 1, 2012, 11:54 SirKnight

reisub wrote on Mar 1, 2012, 11:35:
I seem to be having the opposite problem in that clicking on the "download demo" button does absolutely nothing. Restarting Steam doesn't help. Shame, want to try this.

Same here. I was able to download a different demo, just not this.

News Comments > DOOM 4 Screenshots? Cancellation Rumor Denied
8. Re: DOOM 4 Screenshots? Cancellation Rumor Denied Feb 28, 2012, 23:32 SirKnight

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Feb 28, 2012, 23:17:
Those screenshots look really dire; certainly much worse than RAGE. And they seem to bare absolutely no relation to the Doom universe. Wrecked cars? Cranes? Large outdoor areas? It doesn't look like it's set on Mars, that's for sure.

I don't think they're genuine, as they look really, really bad... it looks more like a mod for Doom 3. For starters, why would any major gaming company release images as such a low resolution and without more hype behind the reveal?

lol...oh man where do I begin?

Remember Doom 2? Guess what? NOT set on Mars. The full title was Doom 2: Hell on EARTH. So, doom can be set on other places you know. id created doom, not you, so they can have it take place in any damn location they want.

These shots very much look like idTech 5. Just level shots with no "things." If you think this looks like a mod for Doom 3 then you need glasses, or stronger ones. The only way idTech 4 would look like this is if the renderer was completely re-written, since the code is open source now.

Finally, do you not know what LEAKED means? Of course id would not officialy release shots like this.

---

Ah yes, the Blues comment sections. Where the Haterade is given away free and all you can drink...since always.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 21, 2012, 22:12 SirKnight

I like GNONE, but I have always greatly preferred KDE. I guess because it's more familiar to me since it has a lot of similarities to the way windows looks.

Yay Kubuntu!

1171 Comments. 59 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo