Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Thomas Grimes

Real Name Thomas Grimes   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SirKnight
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 14, 2005, 23:42
Total Comments 1143 (Pro)
User ID 22923

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black May 11, 2012, 22:33 SirKnight

Not that this is surprising due to his health problems over the years, but this to me is just very sad. Carroll Shelby is one of my fav people of all time. He's a legend, an idol, and his cars he made were some of the coolest. What IS surprising is how he made it this long due to his health issues he had all his life.

I was really wanting to get one of the newer GT500s (since I can't afford an original) and have him autograph the dash before he died. Looks like that won't happen now. Dang it. Still wont stop me from getting the car anyway. But having him sign it would make it worth much more later. Plus I would have loved to met and talked with him.

Shelby Cobra forever!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Take On Helicopters Free DLC
1. Re: Take On Helicopters Free DLC May 11, 2012, 22:22 SirKnight

Free DLC....Bohemia FTW!

Even when these guys charge for DLC, it's a lot more content than you get with most others.

Bring on Arma 3!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue May 11, 2012, 10:58 SirKnight

"We "had" to get one for ThinkGeek HQ. It's a "business expense"."

I ordered one of these from TG. Should be in today.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: iPhone iPad iPod- iOS 5.1.1 Addresses Bugs. May 7, 2012, 23:33 SirKnight

"Fixes an issue where an “Unable to purchase” alert could be displayed after successful purchase"

Good to see this get fixed. This has been annoying me for quite some time now. Every time I go to the app store to get updates or download something I'd get interrupted about a certain 4 apps that could not be purchased, yet they were and downloaded just fine.

News Comments > Diablo III Interview
18. Re: Diablo III Interview May 7, 2012, 11:44 SirKnight

I'm glad you can't rotate the camera around. Doing so would not feel like Diablo. A fixed camera is not a bad thing at all.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. Re: Galaxy S3 May 4, 2012, 12:01 SirKnight

SpectralMeat wrote on May 4, 2012, 11:03:
I would have much preferred them going with a 4.3" screen and a much improved battery. The battery in my S2 sucked balls. Barely made it through a day unless I shut off all the background services, but then whats the point of having a smart phone if you have to disable everything on it to get some battery life out of it.

I miss the good old days of charge the phone ones a week.

My AT&T S2 has great battery life. Usually I use 1/4 or less battery in a full day. Of course I don't sit and have my face glued to it constantly either. I also keep on top of disabling features I'm not currently using (wifi, blutooth, gps, etc) and also using Samsung's widget to "exit" apps when I'm done with them. My usage habits are pretty much the same as when I had the HTC Evo (I probably use the S2 more though) and the Evo would go dead in less than a day for sure. That thing's battery life was horrible.

Just to be safe though, I always plug my S2 in the Samsung cradle every night so I start with a new battery every day.

News Comments > Free Portal 2 DLC Next Month
16. Re: Free Portal 2 DLC Next Month Apr 26, 2012, 20:14 SirKnight

Yeah one of the spots I got stuck on had to do with white gel. I ended up painting the whole damn place with white until I had a duh moment and figured out what to do. lol! The solution was pretty simple but it had me for a bit.  

News Comments > Free Portal 2 DLC Next Month
7. Re: Free Portal 2 DLC Next Month Apr 26, 2012, 16:03 SirKnight

Shok wrote on Apr 26, 2012, 15:40:
ochentay4 wrote on Apr 26, 2012, 15:35:
Nice. I never played Portal 2 despite buying it at full price. Strange isnt it? Seems to be a good time to start playing.

Whoa, it's one of the few games I have finished. I got stuck on one level and had to cheat but besides that I thought it was great.

Looking forward to the level editor and community maps. Hopefully there won't be any shaped like dongs but I doubt it

Which part did you get stuck on? I'm curious if it's the same part that had me for a while. Actually, there was a few parts that had me going WTF!?

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 24, 2012, 23:41 SirKnight

"I'm not saying this will be in the game, but they managed to make parallax occlusion mapping work, which is an advanced form of bump mapping where you get silhouettes as well, and you have self-shadowing even though you have absolutely no polygons," he explained.

"That's a very advanced feature, and it shouldn't theoretically run on a 360, but they made it run on a 360."

BS. POM is not really that big of a deal. It's been around for a long time. I even implemented it in OpenGL YEARS ago when DX9 was the new kid in town. I think on a GeForce FX. Shader Model 3 (aka DX9) is more than good enough for this. To say the 360 can not theoretically do this is just pure crap. I did it on a much older GPU! I just can't believe they're trying to say this.

That whole article is just trying to blow smoke up people's arses.

The real features of DX11 is compute and tessellation. You can do some compute like stuff with GPGPU techniques in DX9 but you will not be able to emulate it exactly. The tessellation part can be done without DX11 but it will mostly be in software with very little in hardware. The tessellation features ATI put in the 360 GPU is not completely what DX11 exposes.

It's pretty obvious this guy being interviewed is clueless about graphics tech. I'm surprised he's not Crytek's PR guy.

Oh also, Crysis 1 already had POM, but was not used in the main game. To use it would require a little texture modding. But the code was there and ready to be used in DX9 mode.

This comment was edited on Apr 24, 2012, 23:57.

News Comments > QuakeCon Pre-Registration Tomorrow
3. Re: QuakeCon Pre-Registration Tomorrow Apr 24, 2012, 23:26 SirKnight

Yeah, how dare game companies try to stay in business. Evil bastards.

lol!

News Comments > Crysis 3 Trailer
8. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Apr 24, 2012, 11:49 SirKnight

Crysis 2 just didn't do it for me. Especially when it got to the alien part. What little fun there was before that completely went away for me.

Now Crysis 1 I thought was quite good (even though I still did not care for the aliens) and I've played through it twice. I liked warhead too.

But Crysis 3 is just Crysis 2 warhead so I'm not interested at all. Maybe one day when it's on a $10 sale I'll give it some thought.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Developer "Disappointed" That People Would Rather Hack Game Than Pay $20 For Content Already On Apr 18, 2012, 19:37 SirKnight

F Capcom. And they (not just Capcom but many other game companies as well) wonder why piracy is so bad. LOL!

Having to pay extra for content already on the disk is just pathetic. I don't mind paying for actual extra content they made after the game was done as long as the price is right for what it is. But selling 75% of the game at full $60 price then nickel-and-diming the rest out is just unacceptable.

And I also think $20 for the handful of characters in question here is a pretty bad deal anyway.

News Comments > Analyst: Blame CoD Decline on PC/Wii
11. Re: Analyst: Blame CoD Decline on PC/Wii Apr 18, 2012, 00:11 SirKnight

I stopped reading at analyst.  

News Comments > Crysis 3 Announced
6. Re: Crysis 3 Announced Apr 16, 2012, 10:21 SirKnight

Sounds more like Crysis 2 Warhead.

I'd rather have seen them go to an environment more like Crysis 1.

News Comments > Resident Evil 6 October/November Release
1. Re: Resident Evil 6 October/November Release Apr 10, 2012, 09:31 SirKnight

The last video I watched of this looked exactly like Gears of War with zombies. Even the way the camera reacts and the character looks while running has that weird GoW look to it.

I sure wish RE would go back to being like the first three. I don't want Gears of War with zombies. If I want Gears of War, I'll play Gears of War. But they have turned RE into a mindless run and gun zombie shooter. I guess to please the kiddies these days. :/

News Comments > Arma III Animations Trailer
1. Re: Arma III Animations Trailer Apr 7, 2012, 12:19 SirKnight

Lookin good. Looking forward to this one.

I just wish I could find some good Arma 2 MP games. Every time I try it's just people doing stupid shit. :/ This game has potential to be epic in MP.

News Comments > 0x10c, Mojang's Space Adventure Details
17. Re: 0x10&#8198;&#872; , Mojang's Space Adventure Details Apr 4, 2012, 00:22 SirKnight

"Duct tape!"

This has to be a poke at Doom 3.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: John Romero and Brenda Brathwaite to marry. Mar 30, 2012, 12:23 SirKnight

What happened to the Romanian broad?  

News Comments > New AMD/ATI Reference Drivers
16. Re: New AMD/ATI Reference Drivers Mar 28, 2012, 20:05 SirKnight

TurdFergasun wrote on Mar 28, 2012, 18:07:
Dades wrote on Mar 28, 2012, 17:41:
Getting a little tired of these constant updates, can't they just bribe developers like Nvidia does?

fixed

No NVIDIA does not bribe anyone. NVIDIA's Developer Technology and Relations teams do not need to resort to that.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 21, 2012, 17:22 SirKnight

I'm getting a vibrating tattoo on my wang!  

1143 Comments. 58 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo