Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Thomas Grimes

Real Name Thomas Grimes   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SirKnight
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 14, 2005, 23:42
Total Comments 1155 (Pro)
User ID 22923

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 28, 2014, 18:36 SirKnight

Riccardo Zacconi of King is so full of shit it's just unbelievable. That mofo must have some massive balls to come out and say that King does not make clones, when it's so obvious they do.

They couldn't create anything original and high quality if they were held at gunpoint.

And it's still beyond stupid that the word "Candy" could be trademarked.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > NASCAR '14 Pre-Purchases
4. Re: NASCAR '14 Pre-Purchases Jan 28, 2014, 13:18 SirKnight

Trashy wrote on Jan 28, 2014, 12:51:
I played this in 1994, is it still cars going in circles?

Pretty much, but what a lot of people don't realize about NASCAR is that there's A LOT more going on than just driving in circles. That's just what it appears like on the surface. It's a lot more complicated than you'd think.

The last NASCAR game I played was from about 1994. NASCAR Racing from Papyrus for DOS. That game was actually pretty good and I seem to remember buying some kind of expansion pack for it later. I still have the CD somewhere. I'd like to give it another go.

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock II Details and Screenshots
7. Re: Legend of Grimrock II Details and Screenshots Jan 27, 2014, 22:06 SirKnight

wtf_man wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 21:54:
Slashman wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 20:11:
wtf_man wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 20:02:
I'm still waiting for the $#@^&%#! IOS version.

Huh? Huh

When they were developing the first one, they said they would be making an IOS version after release.

I bought the windows version and stopped at level 3 because I didn't want to spoil what I think is a perfect game for my iPad and traveling.

Yes the first one would make a great iOS/Android game.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 24, 2014, 10:16 SirKnight

InBlack wrote on Jan 24, 2014, 09:18:
The only difference that I can sometimes perceptively notice between canned beer and the bottled version of the same brand is the ammount of CO2 present. For some reason the canned versions seem to have more fizz.

I noticed the same thing with the BAWLS energy drink. The can version seems to be a lot more fizzy.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 21, 2014, 21:20 SirKnight

I would like a Steam Machine, but given the prices so far and all it seems to me to be better to just use GameStream (which is the exact tech used in SteamOS) on the NVIDIA Shield with a bluetooth controller paired up. Unless there's games that have a Linux version that won't stream for some reason. I'm unaware of any ATM.

The Valve controller does interest me though. If I could pair one to a Shield that would be sweet.

Eventually I'll get a Steam Machine, but I want to wait until one that's good enough for most things for under $500. Well under. I don't see the point in paying more than a PS4 for one, since I already have a great PC that I can more easily use KB+Mouse with. Sure my TV is a lot bigger, but I'm also sitting a lot farther away from it too.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
7. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 17, 2014, 23:43 SirKnight

The devices offered more animation capabilities than Nintendo's Wii U, something gamers had been eagerly awaiting.

Yeah, that's exactly why I bought a PS4 was because the animation was better than the Wii U.

What the hell kind of weird ass comparison is that!? I've never heard a single person say jack about animations in regards to the new consoles or new GPUs.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 15, 2014, 18:08 SirKnight

He wanted number 3!  

News Comments > How to Try the SteamVR Beta
2. Re: How to Try the SteamVR Beta Jan 14, 2014, 10:34 SirKnight

Like many, does not work for me at all.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 2, 2014, 13:06 SirKnight

I'm unfamiliar with The Last of Us, but BRING ON UNCHARTED!!!!  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 30, 2013, 16:29 SirKnight

Mine was a TRS-80. But I never did much with it since I was a little kid only able to crawl and barely walk. But I was extremely fascinated by it.

Then I had 4 MHz 8086/8088 (I can't remember exactly). I know it was called an XT and made by commodore. Basically it was the IBM compatible PC right before the 286. It ran DOS, had a turbo mode which kicked it up to 7 MHz (which actually made a huge difference back then) and later a math co-processor was installed which was like OMG! It also had a CGA graphics adapter hooked up to a monochrome GREEN CRT.

From there a 386, I think 33 MHz, with 4MB ram, 40 MB hard-drive (which Doom 2 took half of). Then it was on to a Cyrix Pentium-wannabe then real Pentiums and so on.

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 30, 2013, 11:11:
And when the first Unreal came out. For the first time in my life I saw graphics worthy to be called that. Unreal had reflections for fucks sake. REFLECTIONS, many many modern games nowadays still do NOT have reflections. It also ran like crap* until I got a Voodoo card

I had the same reaction. I had a Voodoo Rush card which was not supported so I had to run in software, but even then my reaction really was "OMG this game looks unreal! They named this game perfectly!"

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
8. Re: Saturday Consolidation Dec 28, 2013, 23:49 SirKnight

Redmask wrote on Dec 28, 2013, 23:46:
How does anything in your post justify that?

Maybe this: "the traffic on it has slowed to a trickle."

Duh?

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
7. Re: Saturday Consolidation Dec 28, 2013, 23:47 SirKnight

Kythlyn wrote on Dec 28, 2013, 14:56:
If there was ever an argument against console gaming, this would be it.

What an ignorant statement. Try playing some of the old games multiplayer from the 90s these days. Probably not going to happen. There are either no more servers, or if there are it's only a few and they stay empty 99.9% of the time.

I'd love to play TFC again, now that I finally have a good net connection but there's only a handful of servers up, if that, and they only ever have nothing but bots on them or are empty. I love TF2 but there's still things about TFC that I like better.

Plus, these games are being shutdown because no one ever plays them any more. Why keep servers running using power and everything if no one is using them? It's better to shift those resources to newer games. Some of you anti-console people just don't think AT ALL.

27. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2013, 18:43 SirKnight

Cutter wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 13:01:
Julio wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 11:30:
David Suzuki is a freeloading crackpot.

No he's not and you know it. I don't always agree with him but he's right about a lot of stuff, and this in particular. By 2050 the world's population will have doubled. We're a contained biosphere with only so much arable land. Sure we can grow up - vertical farms and hydroponics - but we can't even take care of the people on the planet as it is today. And we all know what the end game is when it comes down to a contest for limited resources. Couple that with the way the world is going today and the future is very bleak and dystopian. I'm just glad I won't be around for it.

Meantime, I want something else, to get me through this semi-charmed kind of life, baby, baby.

Holy crap I agree with Cutter on something! It's a Festivus miracle!

26. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2013, 18:39 SirKnight

I need to get a Festivus pole and put it in my front yard with a sign that says "Festivus for the rest of us", or "Happy/Merry Festivus" or something like that.

I have the whole Seinfeld series on DVD, I should get out that episode and watch it tonight!

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Dec 22, 2013, 14:44 SirKnight

Just got Duck Tales on a steam flash sale for $6! WOOOOOOOooooooo!!!  

News Comments > On Sale
22. Re: On Sale Dec 20, 2013, 21:59 SirKnight

Moog wrote on Dec 20, 2013, 20:07:
Personally, I'm tempted to bite at this price but not sure how important the upgrade to Believer pack is for the 20 gold - anyone care to comment/guide me?

Did you not see the Worth A Buy? video posted shortly above? That should make the decision quite easy.

I wouldn't want this abomination wasting my HD space even if it were free, same for WarZ.

"Nether is a first-person urban survival gaming experience unlike any other." ... That's some serous LOOOOLZ right there.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Patched
11. Re: Battlefield 4 Patched Dec 20, 2013, 13:36 SirKnight

Caladell wrote on Dec 20, 2013, 10:41:
Ugh. Updated just fine, but now the friggin battelog web plugin isn't working in Chrome. Works in Firefox though. I miss the days of firing up a game and going to the server browser. Battlelog is actually pretty cool, but I wish we didn't have to use it to launch the game.

I haven't been able to load the battlelog page properly in Firefox for weeks now. I have no idea why. It works fine in Chrome and IE for me though.

I agree I would rather launch the game and have server browsers in there, instead of having to use a web interface. I don't like that at all.

News Comments > SteamOS Beta Released
4. Re: SteamOS Beta Released Dec 13, 2013, 21:57 SirKnight

Looks like it's finally time to partition my Xubuntu drive in half (1TB) to make room for SteamOS.  

News Comments > Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans
13. Re: Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans Dec 11, 2013, 23:09 SirKnight

"It will be a PC experience"

Ugh. Here we go again with calling everything an "experience" instead of what it REALLY is...a GAME. I play games, not experiences. I don't experience shit.

"It will be a PC game...."

There you go CliffyB. Fixed. The overuse of the word experience these days really gets under my skin, bad.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
33. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 10, 2013, 21:00 SirKnight

LOL! PoGs are so ignorant it's hilarious. It's a shame they're too stupid to realize it.  

1155 Comments. 58 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo