Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Thomas Grimes

Real Name Thomas Grimes   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SirKnight
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 14, 2005, 23:42
Total Comments 1168 (Pro)
User ID 22923

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Tropico 5 Gameplay Trailer
2. Re: Tropico 5 Gameplay Trailer Mar 6, 2014, 10:05 SirKnight

Very glad to see more and more games supporting OS X and Linux out of the box.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Eidos Montreal Layoffs
3. Re: Eidos Montreal Layoffs Mar 4, 2014, 18:11 SirKnight

BobBob wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 17:47:
The lesson is .. never work in game development unless you live in a hotel and rent a car.

Or...The lesson is, never work in game development unless you live in a van down by the river!

News Comments > Goat Simulator This Summer
1. Re: Goat Simulator This Summer Mar 4, 2014, 11:15 SirKnight

Definitely getting this. Best. Game. Ever.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2014, 10:34 SirKnight

Yeah, HFC is definitely worse gram for gram than regular sugar.

There's been many studies for a long time showing the HFC group gained more weight, significantly, than the sugar group even though the grams and calories and everything were equal.

There was a doctor back in the 60's (can't recall his name) that warned against HFC, but few believed him at the time. He was right all along.

News Comments > QuakeCon Pre-Registration Next Week
5. Re: QuakeCon Pre-Registration Next Week Feb 26, 2014, 23:14 SirKnight

[VG]Reagle wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 21:20:
Hopefully CarJack doesnt blab on for 4 hours straight.....

You are one strange individual...

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Feb 10, 2014, 20:49 SirKnight

Finally! Because mothers never knew when a baby needed changing in the past.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
10. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 10, 2014, 10:51 SirKnight

EA said last year they did not want to be voted worst company again. They sure are doing a terrible job at fixing that.

This whole Free-to-Play/Pay-to-Win model sickens me terribly.

News Comments > Dying Light Tease
3. Re: Dying Light Tease Feb 8, 2014, 11:43 SirKnight

I watched a gameplay video a few days ago and it looked really good.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 7, 2014, 11:31 SirKnight

Ozmodan wrote on Feb 7, 2014, 10:28:
That Flappy bird game is not even close to being a decent game. Downloaded it for the kids and they soon stopped playing it and went back to their better games.

I would have to agree that it does not seem very likely this game is that popular.

Well too bad you're wrong. Everyone I know plays this game A LOT, including myself. I like it because it's very challenging yet very simple. Everything points to this game being very popular. I was introduced to this game by my sister where almost everyone at her school plays it all the time.

People are being skeptical about this game because they are just plain jealous of this dude's success. Too much greed in this world. It's not uncommon or strange that a game takes months to be noticed, then with social media it explodes all of a sudden.

News Comments > Amazon acquires Double Helix Games
11. Re: Amazon acquires Double Helix Games Feb 6, 2014, 18:14 SirKnight

bhcompy wrote on Feb 6, 2014, 17:37:
Cutter wrote on Feb 6, 2014, 16:33:
I'd effing love a good Dirty Harry game! "Do I feel lucky? Well do you punk?"

Lethal Enforcers all day

Oh man I loved that game in the Arcades! I have it on a number of old consoles and I even bought the arcade JAMMA board for both LE1 and 2. Now I just need to make a cabinet for them and hook it up to my old CRT TV (for the light gun to work).

Sometimes I play it on MAME. The mouse makes it so much easier, which is kind of a shame.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Announcement This Month?
6. Re: Duke Nukem Announcement This Month? Feb 1, 2014, 13:16 SirKnight

In the Team section of Interceptor Entertainment's site they list Jon St. John, who did the voice for Duke Nukem.  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Mantle Update Released
29. Re: Battlefield 4 Mantle Update Released Jan 30, 2014, 12:41 SirKnight

1badmf wrote on Jan 30, 2014, 11:02:
Shataan wrote on Jan 30, 2014, 10:55:
Ya know, I don`t think the performance that mantle is supposedly adding is significant enough for me as a NVidia user to even care about. If it was dramatic, then yeah. But so far it isn`t looking to be dramatic.

58% isn't a dramatic increase? just from what's effectively a software tweak? ok fanboi, ok.

58% using $1300 worth of GPUs to run at 1080p? Who really does that? If someone has that much GPU, they're running MUCH higher resolutions because that's what that much GPU power is made for. This is nothing but hype BS.

News Comments > Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition Patch & Sale
2. Re: Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition Patch & Sale Jan 28, 2014, 19:27 SirKnight

Glad to see MP added.

Hope now to see MP added to their Shadow Warrior Redux. It would also be nice to have MP in the Shadow Warrior reboot.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 28, 2014, 18:36 SirKnight

Riccardo Zacconi of King is so full of shit it's just unbelievable. That mofo must have some massive balls to come out and say that King does not make clones, when it's so obvious they do.

They couldn't create anything original and high quality if they were held at gunpoint.

And it's still beyond stupid that the word "Candy" could be trademarked.

News Comments > NASCAR '14 Pre-Purchases
4. Re: NASCAR '14 Pre-Purchases Jan 28, 2014, 13:18 SirKnight

Trashy wrote on Jan 28, 2014, 12:51:
I played this in 1994, is it still cars going in circles?

Pretty much, but what a lot of people don't realize about NASCAR is that there's A LOT more going on than just driving in circles. That's just what it appears like on the surface. It's a lot more complicated than you'd think.

The last NASCAR game I played was from about 1994. NASCAR Racing from Papyrus for DOS. That game was actually pretty good and I seem to remember buying some kind of expansion pack for it later. I still have the CD somewhere. I'd like to give it another go.

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock II Details and Screenshots
7. Re: Legend of Grimrock II Details and Screenshots Jan 27, 2014, 22:06 SirKnight

wtf_man wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 21:54:
Slashman wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 20:11:
wtf_man wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 20:02:
I'm still waiting for the $#@^&%#! IOS version.

Huh? Huh

When they were developing the first one, they said they would be making an IOS version after release.

I bought the windows version and stopped at level 3 because I didn't want to spoil what I think is a perfect game for my iPad and traveling.

Yes the first one would make a great iOS/Android game.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 24, 2014, 10:16 SirKnight

InBlack wrote on Jan 24, 2014, 09:18:
The only difference that I can sometimes perceptively notice between canned beer and the bottled version of the same brand is the ammount of CO2 present. For some reason the canned versions seem to have more fizz.

I noticed the same thing with the BAWLS energy drink. The can version seems to be a lot more fizzy.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 21, 2014, 21:20 SirKnight

I would like a Steam Machine, but given the prices so far and all it seems to me to be better to just use GameStream (which is the exact tech used in SteamOS) on the NVIDIA Shield with a bluetooth controller paired up. Unless there's games that have a Linux version that won't stream for some reason. I'm unaware of any ATM.

The Valve controller does interest me though. If I could pair one to a Shield that would be sweet.

Eventually I'll get a Steam Machine, but I want to wait until one that's good enough for most things for under $500. Well under. I don't see the point in paying more than a PS4 for one, since I already have a great PC that I can more easily use KB+Mouse with. Sure my TV is a lot bigger, but I'm also sitting a lot farther away from it too.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
7. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 17, 2014, 23:43 SirKnight

The devices offered more animation capabilities than Nintendo's Wii U, something gamers had been eagerly awaiting.

Yeah, that's exactly why I bought a PS4 was because the animation was better than the Wii U.

What the hell kind of weird ass comparison is that!? I've never heard a single person say jack about animations in regards to the new consoles or new GPUs.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 15, 2014, 18:08 SirKnight

He wanted number 3!  

1168 Comments. 59 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo