Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Thomas Grimes

Real Name Thomas Grimes   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SirKnight
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 14, 2005, 23:42
Total Comments 1144 (Pro)
User ID 22923

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
7. Re: Saturday Consolidation Dec 28, 2013, 23:47 SirKnight

Kythlyn wrote on Dec 28, 2013, 14:56:
If there was ever an argument against console gaming, this would be it.

What an ignorant statement. Try playing some of the old games multiplayer from the 90s these days. Probably not going to happen. There are either no more servers, or if there are it's only a few and they stay empty 99.9% of the time.

I'd love to play TFC again, now that I finally have a good net connection but there's only a handful of servers up, if that, and they only ever have nothing but bots on them or are empty. I love TF2 but there's still things about TFC that I like better.

Plus, these games are being shutdown because no one ever plays them any more. Why keep servers running using power and everything if no one is using them? It's better to shift those resources to newer games. Some of you anti-console people just don't think AT ALL.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
27. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2013, 18:43 SirKnight

Cutter wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 13:01:
Julio wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 11:30:
David Suzuki is a freeloading crackpot.

No he's not and you know it. I don't always agree with him but he's right about a lot of stuff, and this in particular. By 2050 the world's population will have doubled. We're a contained biosphere with only so much arable land. Sure we can grow up - vertical farms and hydroponics - but we can't even take care of the people on the planet as it is today. And we all know what the end game is when it comes down to a contest for limited resources. Couple that with the way the world is going today and the future is very bleak and dystopian. I'm just glad I won't be around for it.

Meantime, I want something else, to get me through this semi-charmed kind of life, baby, baby.

Holy crap I agree with Cutter on something! It's a Festivus miracle!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
26. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2013, 18:39 SirKnight

I need to get a Festivus pole and put it in my front yard with a sign that says "Festivus for the rest of us", or "Happy/Merry Festivus" or something like that.

I have the whole Seinfeld series on DVD, I should get out that episode and watch it tonight!

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Dec 22, 2013, 14:44 SirKnight

Just got Duck Tales on a steam flash sale for $6! WOOOOOOOooooooo!!!  

News Comments > On Sale
22. Re: On Sale Dec 20, 2013, 21:59 SirKnight

Moog wrote on Dec 20, 2013, 20:07:
Personally, I'm tempted to bite at this price but not sure how important the upgrade to Believer pack is for the 20 gold - anyone care to comment/guide me?

Did you not see the Worth A Buy? video posted shortly above? That should make the decision quite easy.

I wouldn't want this abomination wasting my HD space even if it were free, same for WarZ.

"Nether is a first-person urban survival gaming experience unlike any other." ... That's some serous LOOOOLZ right there.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Patched
11. Re: Battlefield 4 Patched Dec 20, 2013, 13:36 SirKnight

Caladell wrote on Dec 20, 2013, 10:41:
Ugh. Updated just fine, but now the friggin battelog web plugin isn't working in Chrome. Works in Firefox though. I miss the days of firing up a game and going to the server browser. Battlelog is actually pretty cool, but I wish we didn't have to use it to launch the game.

I haven't been able to load the battlelog page properly in Firefox for weeks now. I have no idea why. It works fine in Chrome and IE for me though.

I agree I would rather launch the game and have server browsers in there, instead of having to use a web interface. I don't like that at all.

News Comments > SteamOS Beta Released
4. Re: SteamOS Beta Released Dec 13, 2013, 21:57 SirKnight

Looks like it's finally time to partition my Xubuntu drive in half (1TB) to make room for SteamOS.  

News Comments > Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans
13. Re: Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans Dec 11, 2013, 23:09 SirKnight

"It will be a PC experience"

Ugh. Here we go again with calling everything an "experience" instead of what it REALLY is...a GAME. I play games, not experiences. I don't experience shit.

"It will be a PC game...."

There you go CliffyB. Fixed. The overuse of the word experience these days really gets under my skin, bad.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
33. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 10, 2013, 21:00 SirKnight

LOL! PoGs are so ignorant it's hilarious. It's a shame they're too stupid to realize it.  

News Comments > DICE Pauses All Future Projects for BF4 Repairs
7. Re: DICE Pauses All Future Projects for BF4 Repairs Dec 4, 2013, 20:11 SirKnight

BobBob wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 20:03:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_open-source_video_games

<3's me some Open Source.

News Comments > DICE Pauses All Future Projects for BF4 Repairs
6. Re: DICE Pauses All Future Projects for BF4 Repairs Dec 4, 2013, 20:09 SirKnight

I haven't been able to get the battlelog to load properly for days. The images don't load, the background is white and everything is justified to the left. Even then not all the text and links load so it's impossible to play the game.

I HATE this web frontend they have for BF 3 and 4 so much. It has always been problematic for me since BF3. I had hoped by now it would be more stable, but nope.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Dec 4, 2013, 13:43 SirKnight

netnerd85 wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 11:54:
the few seconds I bothered with.

*facepalm*

News Comments > Thanksgiving Mobilization
2. Re: Thanksgiving Mobilization Nov 28, 2013, 21:40 SirKnight

$100!? What the hell? There's nothing micro about that. I'll admit I like Angry Birds a lot, but that's just ridiculous. Those dudes are getting a bit greedy here.  

News Comments > On Sale
43. Re: On Sale Nov 28, 2013, 21:36 SirKnight

Son of a .... I just HAD to preorder BF4. :/ Oh well, I didn't think they'd drop it so much right now. I figured since it was just released we would not see 50% or more until next year. That'll learn me.

If there's a BF5 I'll wait next time.

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale
23. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 27, 2013, 17:17 SirKnight

Went ahead and got Skyrim. I've been waiting quite a long time for it to finally be under $10. I don't care about the DLCs.

I also picked up Sleeping Dogs, Outlast, and Super Amazing Wagon Adventure.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 22, 2013, 00:08 SirKnight

AOL reportedly wants to sell Winamp to Microsoft.

Nooooooo! GPL it you a-holes!

I don't see why MS would want it any way.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 20, 2013, 23:19 SirKnight

Winamp Open Source Petition!  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 20, 2013, 22:56 SirKnight

Very sad about Winamp. I still use and prefer it after all these years.

It would be nice if they'd go ahead and release the source under GPL. Of course, there might be other licensing issues there with certain formats.

29. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 15, 2013, 17:47 SirKnight

OMG PS4 is here!!!!!

I was able to download and install the 1.50 update, but I can't sign in to PSN. Their servers are getting hammered right now.

10. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 15, 2013, 11:20 SirKnight

nin wrote on Nov 15, 2013, 10:39:
NeOCidE wrote on Nov 15, 2013, 09:57:
Well nin isn't around, so I'm assuming he's enjoying his purchase

Na, I'm at work today, and it probably won't get to the house until 6-8 tonight (though it is on the truck for delivery, I checked!!!)...

Same. UPS usually comes late for me. Earlier in the week when UPS delivered AC4 and Killzone he didn't show up until several hours after it turned dark.

I still keep refreshing the tracking page here at work every so often anyway. I might just have to leave early if it actually arrives soon.

1144 Comments. 58 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo