Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Thomas Grimes

Real Name Thomas Grimes   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SirKnight
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 14, 2005, 23:42
Total Comments 1170 (Pro)
User ID 22923

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 7, 2012, 10:34 SirKnight

I loved Q2. Especially once I got my Voodoo card.

Definitely some good times in MP. Dial up. Oh yeah.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Black Ops II Sells $1B in 15 Days
22. Re: Black Ops II Sells $1B in 15 Days Dec 5, 2012, 13:06 SirKnight

DeadlyAccurate wrote on Dec 5, 2012, 12:38:
netnerd85 wrote on Dec 5, 2012, 12:19:
Cutter wrote on Dec 5, 2012, 11:47:
Let the masses have their schlock. Someone somewhere else will eventually make a good shooter again.
It's called RAGE or...

Try a budget shooter once in a while, you will be surprised.

Did ... did you actually play RAGE? Because the only thing good about that game was the title accurately reflected my feelings by the time I was done. That was ... holy crap that was a shitty game. There were two games last year I uninstalled the very second they were finished: RAGE and Dead Island. (And I would've uninstalled Dead Island faster, but I was playing with friends).

So what DO you think is a good game?

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 3, 2012, 11:22 SirKnight

Snow Fight has been out for a year already.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2012, 10:50 SirKnight

Those Hostess execs have done such a good job at keeping the company thriving they need all kinds of bonuses....oh wait.

Those greedy bastards are the reason the company went down, the last thing they need is more bonuses. After the last bankruptcy they gave themselves HUGE pay increases that they not only did not deserve but the company could not afford. Then they turn around and blame it all on the strike. LOL! Those idiots don't deserve one cent.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 28, 2012, 00:23 SirKnight

Since I recently bought a 2 TB hard-drive for Linux and put Ubuntu on it, since I have so much free space I think tomorrow I'll install Fedora and Mint. Triple boot linux FTW!

It's been a long time since I ran Fedora. I was a big fan of Red Hat back in the day which basically became Fedora.

Now if Valve would hurry and give me Steam for Linux.

Take THAT Win8 sales.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 27, 2012, 23:32 SirKnight

The Vita hardware-wise is the best mobile gaming system by far. It's very powerful and has all the features you'd want/expect. But, it is a shame the software (games) side is not where it should be.

I still don't regret buying mine. What few games I do have are great (especially Mortal Kombat) and having PSone games and PSP games on it is very cool. I still have high hopes for the system.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Nov 21, 2012, 00:36 SirKnight

Yeah that slinky does sound like the turrets. lol nice  

News Comments > Nuketown 2025 II Map Pulled from Black Ops 2 Playlists
10. Re: Nuketown 2025 II Map Pulled from Black Ops 2 Playlists Nov 20, 2012, 00:21 SirKnight

What a bunch of cocks.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
1. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 18, 2012, 20:55 SirKnight

Chivalry is bad ass. It should be much higher on the list. For me, it would be at least 2 if not 1 on that list.  

News Comments > Black Ops II's $500MM Launch
2. Re: Black Ops II's $500MM Launch Nov 16, 2012, 11:04 SirKnight

While it's mainly the same as far as game-play (no surprise) there are a few nice differences and I've gotta say it's been a very fun experience so far. I've played mainly MP but the other modes (SP and zombie) is pretty good so far too.

Haters gonna hate but I'm having a good time with it so I don't care. It does look a little nicer since the PC version uses DX11, but unfortunately it's not as nice looking at it could be. But that again is no surprise at all. BF3 looks, and sounds, a ton better but I just can't get all that into it for some reason.

So it's TF2 and BO2 for me.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Nov 14, 2012, 21:01 SirKnight

Bad ass.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops II
56. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops II Nov 13, 2012, 15:19 SirKnight

Darks wrote on Nov 13, 2012, 15:00:
deqer wrote on Nov 13, 2012, 14:50:
Darks wrote on Nov 13, 2012, 13:33:
The previous COD took place in the past and in Afghanistan and a completely different war. This game takes place in the future and in LA with our own weapons being used against us.
So? That's what mods are for. We could've done that ourselves had the companies not been selfish enough to not give us mod and mapping tools. We dont need companies to take all these little differences and sell them off as separate games. Really...

What does mods have to do with this game? Itís not even in the topic of discussion here.

As for it having the same name COD, that means nothing, itís just the front name being used. The real name of this series is Black OPs. Again, both titles are completely different haven have two complete different stories. Donít get confused over the name.

You're making no sense at all. It's the SAME GAME but different stories. The gameplay, both SP and MP is exactly the same, it looks the same, etc. Other than the story, there's no difference. How you can say the COD part of the name means nothing is beyond me. The COD part of the name defines what the game ultimately is. It just yet ANOTHER Call of Duty. I think you're the only one here getting confused over the name.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops II
42. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops II Nov 13, 2012, 13:46 SirKnight

Darks wrote on Nov 13, 2012, 13:33:
And letís set the record straight, this is Black Ops, not Call of Duty. Two complete different games.

I could have sworn the words "Call of Duty" was in the title...

hmmmmmmmm Dizzy

News Comments > No PC Halo 4 Because It's "Designed Specifically for Xbox 360"
27. Re: No PC Halo 4 Because It's Nov 6, 2012, 23:53 SirKnight

All the more reason to say FU to Win 8. If MS wont give more than two shits about PC, why should I care about their next/future OSes? It's not that I care much about Halo 4, it's just the idea and their attitude about this.

I very much look forward to STEAM on Linux and soon my Win PC will only be for some games (that I can't get working on OSX or Linux) and work related stuff. It's Linux and OSX for me these days.

News Comments > No PC Halo 4 Because It's "Designed Specifically for Xbox 360"
24. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2012, 23:37 SirKnight

Jerykk wrote on Nov 6, 2012, 23:21:
Go replay Halo 1. There's a large segment of the game where the designers literally copied and pasted the same interior section over and over, with glowing blue arrows on the ground showing you where to go. It was pretty terrible.

Oh man I remember that. It was so irritating. Actually it was more sad than anything.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 6, 2012, 18:48 SirKnight

They didn't mean 6K people bought the 50,000 DLC, that's how many have downloaded the game. Plus the real money DLC is not available yet anyway.  

News Comments > Steam Linux Beta Applications
3. Re: Steam Linux Beta Applications Oct 31, 2012, 17:10 SirKnight

My setup is one of the ideal configs Valve is talking about so hopefully I'll get in.

Too bad I can't run this on my old SGI O2 with IRIX 6. I really dig the IRIX desktop.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 26, 2012, 12:26 SirKnight

MS's presentations sure are boring as hell. They definitely don't have Apple's presentation abilities. MS just drones on and on while obviously trying to copy Apple but fail hard.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 23, 2012, 15:49 SirKnight

Woooo Forza was just delivered to my door according to the tracking page!  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 22, 2012, 11:08 SirKnight

MM?  

1170 Comments. 59 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo