Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Thomas Grimes

Real Name Thomas Grimes   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SirKnight
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 14, 2005, 23:42
Total Comments 1168 (Pro)
User ID 22923

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 21, 2012, 11:39 SirKnight

Verno wrote on Dec 21, 2012, 11:12:
I'm shocked anyone thought an extinct civilization could accurately predict the end of the world, there's some irony there.

The Mayans never said today would be the end of the world. It's just the end of their long calendar, which a new one will now start.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 21, 2012, 11:37 SirKnight

Everyone enjoying the apocalypse? So far it kicks ass! Toooooga!!  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 21, 2012, 11:34 SirKnight

You're looking at it wrong.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: Evening Mobilization Dec 20, 2012, 23:59 SirKnight

What I want to see is a fix for the app store that crashes every time I try to load my "purchased" list on my ipod touch 5th gen. Supposedly this happens on the 4th gen too.  

News Comments > Steam for Linux Beta Opens
15. Re: Steam for Linux Beta Opens Dec 20, 2012, 00:43 SirKnight

I like Ubuntu, but I can't fucking stand Unity. That is why the first thing I always do after installing Ubuntu is install Xfce and KDE. The last time I tried to install GNOME Classic on the latest version of Ubuntu it would give me a blank screen and somehow caused Unity to be very unstable.

I'd like to know if Steam will work on Fedora. I still haven't put it on my linux disk yet but I've always preferred Red Hat and would always go back to it.

News Comments > etc., etc.
7. Re: etc., etc. Dec 20, 2012, 00:37 SirKnight

Looks like the E3 version had a lot more vegetation. Too bad they removed so much since the E3 one looked way better, but it was probably due to it running like ass on lower spec systems, I guess.

Still an awesome game though. I've played it for 25 hours now and I've only done a few main story missions. I've had more fun exploring, finding stuff, liberating outposts, and stuff like that. The flame-thrower and grenade launcher is bitchin'.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 20, 2012, 00:24 SirKnight

Starcraft....most accurate simulator of real life shooting ever.

The military is spending billions on computer upgrades for starcraft training right now.

Once the soldiers are done spending half a day on starcraft, they then go practice regenerative healing by hiding behind rocks and crates after being hit in the head by a sniper round.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Dec 20, 2012, 00:15 SirKnight

20K lbs of potatoes...I guess Boeing took the term "super-size" a little bit extreme.

I wonder what they do with the potatoes after they're done? Hopefully they get put to good use, eating wise.

News Comments > Steam for Linux Beta Opens
2. Re: Steam for Linux Beta Opens Dec 19, 2012, 21:58 SirKnight

Nice!  

News Comments > Steam Stops Selling The War Z
21. Re: Steam Stops Selling The War Z Dec 19, 2012, 16:35 SirKnight

These guys are finished.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
9. Re: etc., etc. Dec 19, 2012, 00:07 SirKnight

Wow, so glad I didn't buy this. Sorry excuse for game developers for sure.  

News Comments > Free Street Fighter X Mega Man Released
3. Re: Free Street Fighter X Mega Man Released Dec 17, 2012, 11:23 SirKnight

Awesome. I miss the days when games were like this. NES!  

News Comments > Yerli on Crysis 3's Superior Graphics
15. Re: Yerli on Crysis 3's Superior Graphics Dec 15, 2012, 00:22 SirKnight

I don't care how good it looks if they keep using those stupid aliens. The fun factor for me dropped to the floor in Crysis 1 and 2 once the aliens came out.

It's not that I have anything against aliens in games, I just don't like Crytek's. At all.

News Comments > RAGE DLC Next Week
2. Re: RAGE DLC Next Week Dec 14, 2012, 20:01 SirKnight

I found Rage to be quite fun and enjoyable so I look forward to this DLC. Too bad they could not have expanded on the MP a bit more. What was there was fun, but there just wasn't enough of it. Also some classical MP game modes would have been nice too.

What I really want is the freaking SDK/mod tools already. But they keep pulling the people working on that to other things so it keeps getting pushed back.

News Comments > Arma 3 Delayed
1. Re: Arma 3 Delayed Dec 13, 2012, 10:34 SirKnight

I thought they already pushed it to 2013 a while back?  

News Comments > Free Duke Nukem 3D Kicks Off GOG.com Sale
7. Re: Free Duke Nukem 3D Kicks Off GOG.com Sale Dec 12, 2012, 13:56 SirKnight

You'll get much better mouse movement with a Duke source port.  

News Comments > GeForce Optimizer
4. Re: GeForce Optimizer Dec 11, 2012, 10:15 SirKnight

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 11, 2012, 09:52:
So whats the difference between this and the auto-settings it has based on program in the Control Panel?

Because the control panel does not analyze your PCs hardware to determine what is best for YOUR system. I guess you did not go to the website.

Most people either do not understand all the advanced graphics settings in games or do not care about spending a long time tweaking things so it's just right. I have no problem understanding the graphics settings since I'm a graphics developer, but I am not interested in spending much if any time tweaking things to be just right. I just want to play the game.

And the rest of you can take off your tin foil hats and get off your high horse. I swear some of the people on this site....

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
1. Re: President of the Free Software Foundation unleashes Old Testament wrath on Ubuntu Linux "spyware Dec 8, 2012, 15:01 SirKnight

The fix for that is to not use Unity, which sucks anyway. I use KDE or Xfce. Unity is so crap, it makes Win 8's UI look like pure gold.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 7, 2012, 10:34 SirKnight

I loved Q2. Especially once I got my Voodoo card.

Definitely some good times in MP. Dial up. Oh yeah.

News Comments > Black Ops II Sells $1B in 15 Days
22. Re: Black Ops II Sells $1B in 15 Days Dec 5, 2012, 13:06 SirKnight

DeadlyAccurate wrote on Dec 5, 2012, 12:38:
netnerd85 wrote on Dec 5, 2012, 12:19:
Cutter wrote on Dec 5, 2012, 11:47:
Let the masses have their schlock. Someone somewhere else will eventually make a good shooter again.
It's called RAGE or...

Try a budget shooter once in a while, you will be surprised.

Did ... did you actually play RAGE? Because the only thing good about that game was the title accurately reflected my feelings by the time I was done. That was ... holy crap that was a shitty game. There were two games last year I uninstalled the very second they were finished: RAGE and Dead Island. (And I would've uninstalled Dead Island faster, but I was playing with friends).

So what DO you think is a good game?

1168 Comments. 59 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo