Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Thomas Grimes

Real Name Thomas Grimes   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SirKnight
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 14, 2005, 23:42
Total Comments 1167 (Pro)
User ID 22923

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Bethesda's New Tease
3. Re: Bethesda's New Tease May 6, 2013, 14:08 SirKnight

Duke Nukem Forever 2.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts Announced
2. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Announced May 1, 2013, 15:14 SirKnight

I'm curious what role those ancient warriors will play here.  

News Comments > DCS: UH-1H Huey Beta Access with Preorders
6. Re: DCS: UH-1H Huey Beta Access with Preorders Apr 30, 2013, 23:55 SirKnight

Tom wrote on Apr 30, 2013, 22:47:
The Oculus Rift and DCS oughta be a match made in heaven, but I imagine there are at least two ways the Rift needs to improve first. 1) Needs the higher resolution planned for the consumer version. 2) Needs proper head translation tracking so you can lean in to look more closely at certain controls or displays in the cockpit or to look outward properly for that gun run.

Both of those are definite plans for the consumer version, and maybe even an upgrade to the current dev kit or dev kit 2.0.

I just got my Rift today. Pretty cool, but too bad Valve broke TF2.

I'd really like a future Rift to have an even bigger FOV. 110 deg is not bad, but it gives you a tunnel vision feel. 180 deg should be the minimum for true immersive VR so I can see stuff in the corner of my eyes. Perhaps some of those crazy flexible displays would help with this.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Ubuntu version 13.0.4 is now available Apr 25, 2013, 23:17 SirKnight

Yay Linux!  

News Comments > EA Cuts Staff
18. Re: EA Cuts Staff Apr 25, 2013, 18:21 SirKnight

as we focus on delivering great games

LOL! Since when does EA deliver great games?

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Star Trek: The Video Game
17. Re: Ships Ahoy - Star Trek: The Video Game Apr 24, 2013, 00:02 SirKnight

Lorcin wrote on Apr 23, 2013, 21:12:
Hey Aliens? Star Trek is trying hard to make you look better:

This is graphics fail - no screenshot can make your ears bleed like Chris Pine's voice acting does

Looks like Spock found a new and interesting way to mind meld.

News Comments > Call of Juarez Gunslinger Next Month; Preorder Bonuses Announced
2. Re: Call of Juarez Gunslinger Next Month; Preorder Bonuses Announced Apr 22, 2013, 12:50 SirKnight

While I like the western genre, BiB was a carbon copy of CoD. Completely 100% linear, heavily scripted, auto aim and very obvious it was a console port. It was really Call of Duty: Old West Warfare.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
39. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 19, 2013, 19:04 SirKnight

Kawlisse wrote on Apr 19, 2013, 13:07:
Verno wrote on Apr 19, 2013, 09:23:
PC Manufacturers Say Windows 8 Has Driven Millions To Become Apple Users.

Man I knew it was bad with casual users but that bad? Wow. Ironically most of the enthusiasts seem to have stayed with Windows 7 or figured out how to disable Dumbtro and made peace with Windows 8. I guess casual users just didn't find it very desirable, certainly not enough to stop seeking the Apple brand.

It is so easy do disable Metro,

go in regedit

go to : HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer

Double-click the key labeled: RPEnabled

then change the value from 1 to 0

and voila !!!

Dont even know why so many people are bitching about windows 8 its the same freaking os than windows 7 (when you reg edit Metro)

That doesn't even work any more. That was ONLY for the developer version a year or more ago.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
37. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 19, 2013, 18:58 SirKnight

BitWraith wrote on Apr 19, 2013, 16:31:
The "Magic Mouse" is trash, and all the scroll bars are tied to it (they disappear when you stop moving your finger on it). The scroll bars also cover files on the sides and bottom. Also, just putting your hand on the thing causes all kinds of mayhem. You can disable the swipe functions, but that breaks some basic navigation.

You can easily keep the scroll bars turned on in the settings so they don't disappear. Also, I don't know what kind of crazy stuff your hand is doing, but my magic mouse never does bad things when my hand is on it. The mouse works just as good, if not better in some cases, than any other mouse.

I have no earthly idea where you get that the latest OSX is a complete mess. I'd much rather use OSX than Win8. And no, I'm not an Apple fanboy either. I use Windows, OSX and Linux the same.

What I've noticed time and time again, the OSX bashers/haters just simpley don't know how to use the OS worth a damn and also have little clue about UNIX. Thus, they bash/hate it. For me, it's no issue at all. I can do just as much on OSX as I can on Windows or Linux. But I'm a software engineer, so I don't just use a few programs and call it a day. I have to know quite a bit about how a particular system works.

News Comments > Bethesda's Almost Done Teasing
9. Re: Bethesda's Almost Done Teasing Apr 18, 2013, 23:28 SirKnight

Kastagir wrote on Apr 18, 2013, 21:30:
I don't see Wolfenstein. It must be "limited vocabulary" to make that association.

Just because you can't see why some think it's Wolfenstein does not mean you need to look down your nose at them like you actually know what's going on. This attitude of "I don't agree with all of you so that makes you dumb and wrong" is horse-shit.

You are also ignoring the fact they said flat out that it's NOT fallout.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Blood Dragon Apr 17, 2013, 00:26 SirKnight

Awesome video. I love the 80s feel to it all.

I miss the 80s, even though I was only a kid and can't remember a whole lot of it.

News Comments > Bethesda Tease
1. Re: Bethesda Tease Apr 16, 2013, 15:50 SirKnight

Barbed wire and records... wolfenstein maybe? I don't see it being anything doom related.  

News Comments > Road Redemption Kickstarter
3. Re: Road Redemption Kickstarter Apr 12, 2013, 14:25 SirKnight

Road Rash style with oculus rift support and source code release? HELL YES!

I'm now tempted to take out my old Genesis and 3DO and play some old school road rash. One of the best games ever.

This comment was edited on Apr 12, 2013, 14:34.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 5, 2013, 22:42 SirKnight

That is one crazy liberal nut job. But that's Cali for you.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Microsoft_No_more_support_for_you_Office_for_Mac Apr 5, 2013, 22:34 SirKnight

Deal with it.  

News Comments > Ride to Hell Lives; Coming This Summer as Two Games
2. Re: Ride to Hell Lives; Coming This Summer as Two Games Apr 5, 2013, 17:44 SirKnight

Good, I was really looking forward to this game.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops II Uprising DLC Announced
2. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops II Uprising DLC Announced Apr 4, 2013, 23:33 SirKnight

CONSOLES...FUCK YEAH! CALL OF DUTY...FUCK YEAH! HALO...FUCK YEAH! SCRIPTED AND LINEAR...FUCK YEAH!!!  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Apple aims to outdo Google's Street View Apr 4, 2013, 23:12 SirKnight

Yeah, they've done such a great job so far. LOL!  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 4, 2013, 23:08 SirKnight

The PS4 continues to look better and better to me. For several years now I have really disliked MS's decisions.

I bought a new notebook which has Win 8 on it and while I have fixed a lot of the UI issues with some third party tools, I still constantly have the urge to kick in the nuts everyone involved in the UI changes in Win 8. What in the hell were they thinking? I also say this about the latest version of Visual Studio. My God what an ugly GUI.

News Comments > Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Source Code Released
35. Re: Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Source Code Released Apr 4, 2013, 13:44 SirKnight

I would like to have the source to Outlaws.  

1167 Comments. 59 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo