Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Thomas Grimes

Real Name Thomas Grimes   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SirKnight
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 14, 2005, 23:42
Total Comments 1172 (Pro)
User ID 22923

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
3. Re: Sunday Mobilization Jun 15, 2014, 17:54 SirKnight

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 15, 2014, 14:09:
WHY?!? no one is buying the Nvidia Shield,

You could not be more wrong about that. It's doing quite well.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Destiny Still Destined for PCs?
2. Re: Destiny Still Destined for PCs? Jun 14, 2014, 13:09 SirKnight

I was playing the alpha on my ps4 last night. It's a pretty good game (although not surprisingly, it's very very much like halo) but I can't hit jack squat with the controller. Needs mouse badly. So I really hope they release this for the PC at some point.

I was also surprised to see it's not super linear like halo either. There's all these side areas you can explore besides just the main path.

News Comments > Free Battlefield 3 on Origin
9. Re: Free Battlefield 3 on Origin May 28, 2014, 21:19 SirKnight

While Steam is a million times better than Origin, Origin is not THAT bad. It has never got in my way to play a game, never caused me any grief at all and I'm not going to miss out on a game I want to play over something stupid as a blind hatred for something that's really not that bad in the first place.

Whatever.

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order Preloads
2. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order Preloads May 19, 2014, 22:43 SirKnight

ViRGE wrote on May 19, 2014, 22:39:
To preload this game you have to pre-order it. And if you're pre-ordering this game you're a rube.

You should probably just go ahead and get out of gaming. It's obviously not your thing.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
11. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 9, 2014, 22:00 SirKnight

Beats are so over-rated and over-priced it's not funny. Every time I've tried out Beats, it sounded like complete shit and usually only one side was working.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation May 7, 2014, 15:22 SirKnight

Ludomancer wrote on May 7, 2014, 13:08:
BitWraith wrote on May 7, 2014, 10:43:
I think they should release something like the Atari Flashback. A little nes console that has their entire nes and snes library on it or something - one that will hook up to modern tvs. I's buy one for a hundred bucks.

That's called a PC. They're fucking great!

Nice try, but no.

News Comments > Wolfenstein Gameplay Trailer
5. Re: Wolfenstein Gameplay Trailer Apr 29, 2014, 18:19 SirKnight

It's cool you can take either style of approach depending on what you feel like at the time.

The thing that seemed odd to me (other than being an extreme bullet sponge) is how he made those shots with the pistol without aiming or any kind of crosshair. Some of those shots were pretty far.

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 Adds Support for SteamOS/Linux/Newest Consoles
4. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Adds Support for SteamOS/Linux/Newest Consoles Apr 24, 2014, 17:38 SirKnight

The elemental demo being released is the unreal project for those who subscribe to UE4. This is not a standalone exe for everyone.

It's listed in the UE4 launcher under Marketplace as "Coming Soon! ETA 22:30 GMT"

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 20, 2014, 21:03 SirKnight

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 20, 2014, 20:27:
Watch Doge seem to be doing pretty well in sales too, hope it won't disappoint.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/581/296/c09.jpg

News Comments > DOOM Beta FAQ
3. Re: DOOM Beta FAQ Apr 4, 2014, 10:52 SirKnight

They need to put it up on Steam for pre-order already!  

News Comments > GameSpy Shutting Down Services
18. Re: GameSpy Shutting Down Services Apr 3, 2014, 20:50 SirKnight

Long live Kali.net!  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 2, 2014, 22:21 SirKnight

Now they need to bring back Aero Glass as an option and get rid of the ugly flat squared off UI (Apple and Google need to drop this as well).

Luckily someone did make an Aero Glass theme for Win 8 that also brings back the more rounded and 3D-ish buttons, removing the flat UI and it works pretty well. It's not perfect but still better than stock Win 8.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 2, 2014, 09:38 SirKnight

Awesome to see Homestar again. I hope they will go back to updating like they used to. It would also be nice if everything could be converted to a more mobile friendly format.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts - Devastation Trailer Confirms Predator
7. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts - Devastation Trailer Confirms Predator Mar 31, 2014, 15:52 SirKnight

I game with Sharknado would be freaking hilarious.

I played Ghosts (once) on that free weekend deal they had a while back and the game was really shite. With the settings cranked up the textures looked worse than BlOps2 and MW3. As a matter of fact, BF4 with everything turned down as low as it can go STILL looked better. The gameplay was the usual crap and didn't hold my interest for very long. I think Steam said I played the game for like 15 minutes. That was all I could take. TBH I wanted to quit the match sooner but I tried to give it a chance.

I would kind of like to fight the Predator, but there's no way in hell I'm spending $60 for the base game plus whatever this DLC costs to do so. I didn't think Ghosts was worth the $30 during that free weekend sale. $10 would have made me think twice.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
4. Re: Sunday Mobilization Mar 30, 2014, 23:05 SirKnight

I'm perfectly fine with the size of my iPhone 5S. It's still small enough to handle easily and not take up much space in my pocket or on my side (I have a case that clips to my waistband).

I've used bigger phones and they just felt bulky to me, and I have big hands too. If I want a large screen for something, I'd rather use a tablet (like my iPad Air).

It's funny how for a long time phones were getting smaller and smaller and small meant good. Even during the early years of the modern smartphone hardly anyone wanted a large screen. The large screen ones didn't sell or if they did, the owner ended up returning it because of how less-portable it was. Now for some odd reason, more and more people want to have a freaking tablet as a phone. I mean sure video and the web is better on a large screen, but that means you have to carry around more bulk. That's not for me. If someone else doesn't mind that though, then go for it.

News Comments > Michael Abrash Joins Oculus
10. Re: Michael Abrash Joins Oculus Mar 28, 2014, 15:27 SirKnight

BobBob wrote on Mar 28, 2014, 15:20:
Clever Caviar wrote on Mar 28, 2014, 15:14:
I can understand his reasons for wanting to work on this, he's clearly deeply passionate about it, but it baffles me that supposedly smart people are happy taking a paycheck from such a scummy company.

You would refuse 2 billion? Be honest with yourself.

He's talking about Abrash. Abrash is NOT being paid $2 billion.

And 2 billion, or any amount of money, is not enough to sell your soul and give up your freedom.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 28, 2014, 11:44 SirKnight

sharks.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts- Devastation Features Predators?
11. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts- Devastation Features Predators? Mar 28, 2014, 11:43 SirKnight

I ain't got time to bleed.  

News Comments > Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled
65. Re: Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled Mar 25, 2014, 23:31 SirKnight

Ugh, I don't like the sound of this at all. I love Oculus and VR and I ordered the 2nd dev kit immediately after I got the email about it (since I was a kickstarter). But I despise Facebook. I would much rather Oculus stand as a company on its own as they have direct control on what they do. Now, like id software, have to live by "daddy's" rules.

I honestly looked at the date to see if it was April 1st.

News Comments > MXGP Demo
2. Re: MXGP Demo Mar 23, 2014, 21:53 SirKnight

Street racing? Do you not know what motocross is? Dirtbikes are kind of made for....you know, dirt.  

1172 Comments. 59 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo