Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Thomas Grimes

Real Name Thomas Grimes   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SirKnight
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 14, 2005, 23:42
Total Comments 1163 (Pro)
User ID 22923

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases "Grand Theft Auto Online"
62. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 14:45 SirKnight

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 14:08:
The trailer looks good but there's no way that was rendered in real time on current gen consoles. Rockstar has a history of putting out pre-release media that is of much better quality than the final game. Plus it remains to be seen how well optimised the engine is, especially after the GTA4 fiasco.

On Rockstar's page, one of the devs said this was footage from the PS3 version.

The engine is optimized quite well, for consoles anyway. Just look at RDR. The graphics quality of this video reminded me a lot of RDR.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Shadow Warrior Classic Redux
7. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Shadow Warrior Classic Redux Jul 8, 2013, 16:29 SirKnight

Axis wrote on Jul 8, 2013, 15:59:
Only 'Martial Arts' FPS worth a shit in the history of PC gaming was Oni --nothing else came close.

Which leads me to my next question. Who owns the rights and wants to partner up with me to kickstart an Oni Redux?

What does this have to do with Shadow Warrior? SW was never meant to be a martial arts FPS. And it's not! Just because Wang is Chinese it's suddenly a martial arts game???

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Shadow Warrior Classic Redux
3. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Shadow Warrior Classic Redux Jul 8, 2013, 13:34 SirKnight

I'm glad to hear Linux support is coming. I was wondering about that since I noticed on the steam page it only shows Windows and OSX.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition Jul 3, 2013, 20:22 SirKnight

I have this on the PS3 and it's quite an amazing game. It looks great and is 3D, yet has the classic 2D gameplay. There's no way a fighting game fan, or especially an MK fan, would not like this.

Even though I have the PS3 version with the large arcade controller (I bought the Tourney Edition) I still might buy the PC version too. MK has always been one of my favorite games of all time.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
5. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 2, 2013, 14:40 SirKnight

GOG FTW!  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 28, 2013, 12:15 SirKnight

Verno wrote on Jun 28, 2013, 10:55:
The new controller on the PS4 is actually a bit larger than the Xbox One controller and has a much better stick layout. It looks the same but they're spaced out an inch more and should be a more natural holding position. The controller itself is quite a bit meatier too. I personally didn't like the DS3 but it looks like they remedied most of the problems.

It does appear the PS4 controller is bigger and spaced out a bit more. This is good because not only were the grips on each end too short for me making the controller awkward to hold, but the sticks were too close as I am constantly bumping my thumbs together (especially in a shooter).

News Comments > Half-Life 3 ARG Speculation Abounds
22. Re: Half-Life 3 ARG Speculation Abounds Jun 28, 2013, 11:43 SirKnight

It seems so according to Surgeon Sim's twitter. But the Korean usage is still interesting how valve recently tweeted some Korean and Korean also appears in SS in that screenshot.  

News Comments > Shadow Warrior Classic Redux Announced
11. Re: Shadow Warrior Classic Redux Announced Jun 26, 2013, 23:47 SirKnight

I always welcome more wang!  

News Comments > Todd Hollenshead Leaves id
8. Re: Todd Hollenshead Leaves id Jun 26, 2013, 22:00 SirKnight

Jim wrote on Jun 26, 2013, 21:40:
Many good memories of playing id games so many years ago. I remember coming to Blue's News when it was essentially a Quake-only news site.

Now that Todd is out of the company is there anyone original left? Their website doesn't seem to contain a lot of info, and in fact doesn't even mention Rage (which I never played).

Oh yeah, and for those who remembered me as long-haired Jim back in the day, I actually cut it all off about a month ago--a first in over 2 decades.

I know John Carmack and Kevin Cloud is still there.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Ride to Hell: Retribution
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Ride to Hell: Retribution Jun 25, 2013, 21:25 SirKnight

Makes me think of that biker DLC for GTA 4. If this game is anything like that, then it'll be cool. I liked that DLC.

I've been looking forward to this game for quite some time. I still have a trailer that came out in 2008 where it said the game was going to come out in 2009.

News Comments > Surgeon Simulator 2013 Adds TF2 Characters
3. Re: Surgeon Simulator 2013 Adds TF2 Characters Jun 22, 2013, 01:12 SirKnight

Oh nice, this game has Oculus Rift support. Sweeeeet!  

News Comments > Surgeon Simulator 2013 Adds TF2 Characters
2. Re: Surgeon Simulator 2013 Adds TF2 Characters Jun 22, 2013, 01:01 SirKnight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saOGAp11dXk

LOL!

This game is genius.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
12. Re: Beleszinski is a whiner Jun 20, 2013, 22:42 SirKnight

CliffyB says something stupid....how surprising. Nothing to see here.

nin wrote on Jun 20, 2013, 22:12:
I'll just leave this here

Good video.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Jun 20, 2013, 22:22 SirKnight

I'm tempted with the new Dead Island.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
55. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 20, 2013, 18:29 SirKnight

Paranoid Jack wrote on Jun 20, 2013, 15:24:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 20, 2013, 15:03:
Paranoid Jack wrote on Jun 20, 2013, 14:51:
I pre-ordered both consoles.
Wow - didn't think I'd see anyone saying that. My prediction: At the last minute MS will reveal the 24 Hour DRM is still in the XBone. They'll say something like, "Removing would have delayed the release and we didn't want to do that."

LoL, yeah, well several reasons for that. When I picked up my day one release of the original XBox 360 it was already going for $1500 on eBay. I have two daughters. One was the Devil telling me to sell it. The other was the Angel telling me to break it open, "let's play". I told the Devil I didn't buy this to turn a profit I bought it to have fun. We opened it. This time things are going to be different. For one I have two Day One editions of both consoles pre-ordered. The other reason I don't see a Day One exclusive that is a must buy... at least not yet.

Shocked you guys didn't get the upgrade e-mail from Amazon like I did making mine Day One Editions. Though I doubt PS4 has a Day One Edition like the XBOne.

Yes, PS4 has the Launch Edition, which is the same thing. The Launch Edition is what I have according to the Amazon email.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 17, 2013, 13:21 SirKnight

How to get Americans (USA) to watch Football (soccer).

Cut off our nads?

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 17, 2013, 13:17 SirKnight

Keen!  

News Comments > BF4 Alpha Testing Invites and Specs?
20. Re: BF4 Alpha Testing Invites and Specs? Jun 17, 2013, 13:15 SirKnight

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 11:26:
Probably the same reason(s) Microsoft themselves don't trust Win8 to run early builds of Xbox One games. There's gotta be something to it.

Which makes this all the more hilarious.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
22. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 15, 2013, 10:55 SirKnight

Beamer wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 22:09:
Frags4Fun wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 21:16:
That engineer mentions "nothing goes back to developers" when it comes used game sales. Why the hell should anything go back to the developers? If I buy a new Chevy from a dealer and then decide to sell the car later, do I give some of the money I get to Chevy or the dealer? No! If I decide to let my brother borrow it for a day, should I send Chevy or the dealer a check? The same applies to any other product. Once I buy it, it's mine! I'm so sick of these cunts who think they still own the product that I paid for. Double-dipping bastards!

Wow. Seriously, wow.

The car analogy is also so flawed it's painful. A car is something extremely expensive that most people cannot afford new. At all. It's also not really a luxury in this day and age.

Most importantly, its value drops. There's good reason to want a new car versus a used one. Less risk, it's cleaner, it will run better, etc. A used game? It's identical to a new game. Zero flaws based upon it being used. It simply does not degrade. Cars do.

Your post was nearly a meltdown and it is pretty far off base.

No you're completely wrong. The car analogy is fine. It doesn't matter if the object degrades or not. The main point is that there is NOTHING where you have to pay a fee to the original maker when something is sold as used.

Plus cars can be restored to new or better than new anyway. And not call cars stay devalued forever. Just look at classic corvette values.

Another thing, a lot of used games have tiny scratched/scuffs, torn manuals or cases so yes they do degrade some once someone gets a hold of it.

1163 Comments. 59 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo