Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Thomas Grimes

Real Name Thomas Grimes   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SirKnight
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 14, 2005, 23:42
Total Comments 1143 (Pro)
User ID 22923

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > DOOM Beta FAQ
3. Re: DOOM Beta FAQ Apr 4, 2014, 10:52 SirKnight

They need to put it up on Steam for pre-order already!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GameSpy Shutting Down Services
18. Re: GameSpy Shutting Down Services Apr 3, 2014, 20:50 SirKnight

Long live Kali.net!  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 2, 2014, 22:21 SirKnight

Now they need to bring back Aero Glass as an option and get rid of the ugly flat squared off UI (Apple and Google need to drop this as well).

Luckily someone did make an Aero Glass theme for Win 8 that also brings back the more rounded and 3D-ish buttons, removing the flat UI and it works pretty well. It's not perfect but still better than stock Win 8.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 2, 2014, 09:38 SirKnight

Awesome to see Homestar again. I hope they will go back to updating like they used to. It would also be nice if everything could be converted to a more mobile friendly format.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts - Devastation Trailer Confirms Predator
7. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts - Devastation Trailer Confirms Predator Mar 31, 2014, 15:52 SirKnight

I game with Sharknado would be freaking hilarious.

I played Ghosts (once) on that free weekend deal they had a while back and the game was really shite. With the settings cranked up the textures looked worse than BlOps2 and MW3. As a matter of fact, BF4 with everything turned down as low as it can go STILL looked better. The gameplay was the usual crap and didn't hold my interest for very long. I think Steam said I played the game for like 15 minutes. That was all I could take. TBH I wanted to quit the match sooner but I tried to give it a chance.

I would kind of like to fight the Predator, but there's no way in hell I'm spending $60 for the base game plus whatever this DLC costs to do so. I didn't think Ghosts was worth the $30 during that free weekend sale. $10 would have made me think twice.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
4. Re: Sunday Mobilization Mar 30, 2014, 23:05 SirKnight

I'm perfectly fine with the size of my iPhone 5S. It's still small enough to handle easily and not take up much space in my pocket or on my side (I have a case that clips to my waistband).

I've used bigger phones and they just felt bulky to me, and I have big hands too. If I want a large screen for something, I'd rather use a tablet (like my iPad Air).

It's funny how for a long time phones were getting smaller and smaller and small meant good. Even during the early years of the modern smartphone hardly anyone wanted a large screen. The large screen ones didn't sell or if they did, the owner ended up returning it because of how less-portable it was. Now for some odd reason, more and more people want to have a freaking tablet as a phone. I mean sure video and the web is better on a large screen, but that means you have to carry around more bulk. That's not for me. If someone else doesn't mind that though, then go for it.

News Comments > Michael Abrash Joins Oculus
10. Re: Michael Abrash Joins Oculus Mar 28, 2014, 15:27 SirKnight

BobBob wrote on Mar 28, 2014, 15:20:
Clever Caviar wrote on Mar 28, 2014, 15:14:
I can understand his reasons for wanting to work on this, he's clearly deeply passionate about it, but it baffles me that supposedly smart people are happy taking a paycheck from such a scummy company.

You would refuse 2 billion? Be honest with yourself.

He's talking about Abrash. Abrash is NOT being paid $2 billion.

And 2 billion, or any amount of money, is not enough to sell your soul and give up your freedom.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 28, 2014, 11:44 SirKnight

sharks.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts- Devastation Features Predators?
11. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts- Devastation Features Predators? Mar 28, 2014, 11:43 SirKnight

I ain't got time to bleed.  

News Comments > Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled
65. Re: Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled Mar 25, 2014, 23:31 SirKnight

Ugh, I don't like the sound of this at all. I love Oculus and VR and I ordered the 2nd dev kit immediately after I got the email about it (since I was a kickstarter). But I despise Facebook. I would much rather Oculus stand as a company on its own as they have direct control on what they do. Now, like id software, have to live by "daddy's" rules.

I honestly looked at the date to see if it was April 1st.

News Comments > MXGP Demo
2. Re: MXGP Demo Mar 23, 2014, 21:53 SirKnight

Street racing? Do you not know what motocross is? Dirtbikes are kind of made for....you know, dirt.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 22, 2014, 14:54 SirKnight

fcv fdln

I have never read anything more insightful in my life. This explains it all!

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order Trailer
11. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order Trailer Mar 20, 2014, 23:48 SirKnight

jdreyer wrote on Mar 20, 2014, 23:18:
Cutter wrote on Mar 20, 2014, 21:58:
Looks like it's several years old already with those textures.

I am, however, loving the soundtrack for this game so far. Wish they'd release the MP3s already.

Huh, I actually thought it looked pretty up to date, especially the human characters, both graphics and movement. What specifically are you referring to?

I also find it to look a little dated already, because of the textures. If idTech 5 had physically based rendering, like UE4 and CryEngine3 then it would look so much better. I'm sure idTech 6 will though.

I've been playing around with the UE4 code that was just released and wow even the simple demos/examples they provide blow Wolf's graphics out of the water. I just hate how they took out SVOGI. It's too bad Doom isn't going to look UE4 good.

But anyway, recently this game has been growing on me. At first it didn't seem all that exciting and the lack of MP really sucks, but I feel like I'm coming around here. Having beta Doom access is helping a lot.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 20, 2014, 09:55 SirKnight

Microsoft: We’re willing to “see how the VR space evolves”. The approach that propelled the Zune to success.

Also the approach that made Windows Phone such a hit....oh wait.

So MS is again going to sit back on their asses and get completely clobbered, like Apple and Google did to them with phones and tablets. Even after all this time, no one still gives a shit about Windows phone or tablet.

MS sure knows how to innovate. Rolleyes

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Titanfall; First Patch Released
32. Re: Ships Ahoy - Titanfall; First Patch Released Mar 11, 2014, 14:12 SirKnight

deqer wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 13:37:
Total-Khaos wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 12:52:
deqer wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 11:16:
Patch already? Wow... Do your fucking homework, developers. If you don't have a QA department to do sufficient testing before releasing your game, then perhaps you shouldn't be in the business of making games.

I don't think you understand how dumb you sound. The mere fact that there is a patch on day one means their QA department found bugs and eliminated them between the time the game went gold and release, or fixed pre-existing bugs during that timeframe. If they didn't have a QA department, you'd still be playing a shitty mess riddled with bugs...but guess what, you don't.

2 words for you:
1) Cartridge games.
2) Devs taking advantage of the "Patch" system to rush out a product to the sheeple for quick money due to greed.

You just completely reenforced Total-Khaos' comment, with your oddly warped view of reality. Just because old games came on carts they suddenly had no bugs? No, games back then had plenty of bugs and games were rushed just the same but it also meant those bugs would never get fixed because there was no way to patch a cart and the internet was a completely different beast or didn't even exist depending on the platform's time-frame. In those days you had to just #dealwithit. QA wasn't at all better back then.

I know there's a lot of greed in the gaming industry these days, but don't go over-board with it.

News Comments > Tropico 5 Gameplay Trailer
2. Re: Tropico 5 Gameplay Trailer Mar 6, 2014, 10:05 SirKnight

Very glad to see more and more games supporting OS X and Linux out of the box.  

News Comments > Eidos Montreal Layoffs
3. Re: Eidos Montreal Layoffs Mar 4, 2014, 18:11 SirKnight

BobBob wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 17:47:
The lesson is .. never work in game development unless you live in a hotel and rent a car.

Or...The lesson is, never work in game development unless you live in a van down by the river!

News Comments > Goat Simulator This Summer
1. Re: Goat Simulator This Summer Mar 4, 2014, 11:15 SirKnight

Definitely getting this. Best. Game. Ever.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2014, 10:34 SirKnight

Yeah, HFC is definitely worse gram for gram than regular sugar.

There's been many studies for a long time showing the HFC group gained more weight, significantly, than the sugar group even though the grams and calories and everything were equal.

There was a doctor back in the 60's (can't recall his name) that warned against HFC, but few believed him at the time. He was right all along.

News Comments > QuakeCon Pre-Registration Next Week
5. Re: QuakeCon Pre-Registration Next Week Feb 26, 2014, 23:14 SirKnight

[VG]Reagle wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 21:20:
Hopefully CarJack doesnt blab on for 4 hours straight.....

You are one strange individual...

1143 Comments. 58 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo