Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Thomas Grimes

Real Name Thomas Grimes   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SirKnight
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 14, 2005, 23:42
Total Comments 1177 (Pro)
User ID 22923

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 22, 2014, 22:03 SirKnight

That GTA V vid was great. I love open world games like this where crazy shit can happen just because. I have it on the PS3 and I was thinking of buying at again for the PS4 but I think I'll just hold off for the PC version. I played the PC version of GTA 4 a TON more than the PS3 one.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New NVIDIA Drivers
6. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Nov 18, 2014, 12:47 SirKnight

Yeah there is something up with the mouse control. It doesn't feel like FC3 at all, it's sluggish feeling. Total Biscuit tweeted about it as well.

The graphics quality is MUCH better than FC3 by far, if you have things cranked up. I've been replaying FC3 recently so how it looks is very fresh on my mind. FC2, which I also played recently, looks no where near FC3 and definitely not FC4. The game looks amazing, but I have to run it turned down a bit because with the way the mouse is, the framerate I get with a 680 makes it really hard to play. Lowering the graphics quality helps, but that mouse is still whacked. Why it can't behave exactly like FC3 I have no idea.

I've played only an hour and barely scratched the surface but so far I love it. It's FC3 TURNT UP.

Just fix the damn mouse Ubi!!!!

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Nov 14, 2014, 20:33 SirKnight

I want to land my ship on Uranus, but I can't because it's full of gas.  

News Comments > Grass Simulator Early Access
7. Re: Grass Simulator Early Access Nov 14, 2014, 11:14 SirKnight

Just watch, next there will be a Paint Drying Simulator.

Actually a Marijuana Simulator would probably sell a lot better. Maybe they'll offer a High Grade Herb DLC.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: The legendary Duke Nukem 3D is coming to PS3 and PS Vita. Nov 6, 2014, 10:00 SirKnight

Cool, I'll be sure to pick that up and play on both. Luckily you don't have to buy it for each separately.

Hopefully they'll bring their port of Shadow Warrior over too.

And bring it to PS4!!! Can't have too much Duke or WANG!

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Oct 20, 2014, 23:30 SirKnight

NKD wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 21:56:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 21:51:
That Paranautical guy sounds like a real winner.

Personally, I had no idea Reagle was developing games.

LOL!

News Comments > GOG.com Offers Free Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000
20. Re: GOG.com Offers Free Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000 Oct 15, 2014, 13:03 SirKnight

I would definitely like a client to organize all my GoG games in a nice STEAM-like way.

I feel like getting back into Aliens TC for Doom 2. What a killer mod that was.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
11. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 1, 2014, 22:51 SirKnight

Despite the odd choice of name, this is definitely what Windows 8 should have been (just like 7 was what Vista should have been). I hated Windows 8 so much. Not that I didn't understand how to use it, it was just stupid. With some free plugins I can make it tolerable though. But I am running Windows 10 right now on a spare SSD and so far I don't really have anything negative to say about it. I definitely like the new features. I'm very glad they finally fixed the command prompt too!

The only thing I'd change is All Programs should do an old school WinXP/98/95 style where it opens a huge several column list of all your apps. I don't like the Vista/7 single scroll list. But like with Win 7/8, there will eventually be a plugin for that.

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Oct 1, 2014, 10:07 SirKnight

If this dude is referencing Pachter as additional "proof" that VR is bound to fail, then it's pretty safe to say there's no point in reading any more of that crap article. FAIL.  

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
3. Re: Hardware Reviews Sep 19, 2014, 10:35 SirKnight

I feel the same way about my GTX 680. Feels like I just got it and it was the best thing out at the time.

I'm waiting for the Maxwell based "Titan" level of card though, since I need good compute as well as graphics for some of my own projects.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Sep 16, 2014, 21:03 SirKnight

PHJF wrote on Sep 16, 2014, 20:53:
If an elevator opens and Kitana is inside...

Leave nothing but the nuts hanging out.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 8, 2014, 22:54 SirKnight

I like using SeaMonkey so much more than regular Firefox. That old school Netscape like interface is the best to me. But the previous version was buggy and crash happy as FUCK. I hope this new version is at least somewhat better.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Creator Of iCloud Hacker Tool: I Would Have Warned Apple If It Properly Rewarded Researchers. Sep 5, 2014, 11:55 SirKnight

MajorD wrote on Sep 5, 2014, 09:59:
Oh, so that makes it okay to hack the service? JACKASS!!!

Yep, just sounds like greed to me. So his idea is, "unless Apple pays me big I'm going to hack their asses and potentially hurt a lot of innocent people! Muahahahah!"

That ahole should be sent to prison. This isn't about "research" at all. What a tool.

News Comments > Ryse: Son of Rome Next Month; Specs Revealed
10. Re: Ryse: Son of Rome Next Month; Specs Revealed Sep 4, 2014, 10:26 SirKnight

I'd rather see the new Killer Instinct released for the PC.  

News Comments > Resident Evil Revelations 2 Announced
2. Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2 Announced Sep 1, 2014, 13:11 SirKnight

I just really can't get past the 3rd person view behind the character that RE has turned into. I much prefer the original style where the view stays the same as you move your character around and only changes once your character reaches a certain spot.

Making it 3rd person Gears of War style just turns me off. I can't stand that style.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Oculus Rift Video
22. Re: Half-Life 2 Oculus Rift Video Aug 24, 2014, 20:40 SirKnight

Sepharo wrote on Aug 24, 2014, 16:28:
entr0py wrote on Aug 24, 2014, 16:03:
It makes me realize that Oculus needs to get cracking on a controller before the commercial release. Mice and keyboards or gamepads aren't really adequate for VR. Developers will want some kind of standard controller they can rely on the customer having.

I don't agree, I'm fine with using keyboard and mouse in combination with the Oculus. Those hyrda controllers are cool but I'm not sure if I would use them.

KB/mouse feels really awkward and unnatural to me with the rift (both DK 1 and 2). Even a standard controller doesn't feel quite right. When I use my DK2 I really feel the need to use my hands in a natural way. So something like the Hydra will help a lot with that.

News Comments > John Carmack's Son's Game
1. Re: John Carmack's Son's Game Aug 18, 2014, 20:27 SirKnight

Very nice for 9 years old.

I made pong when I was around 15 written in C using the Win32 API.

News Comments > John Romero's New Shooter Plans
34. Re: John Romero's New Shooter Plans Aug 11, 2014, 22:11 SirKnight

[VG]Reagle wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 20:15:
Sorry if you all don't recognize a GOD of GAMING when you hear him speak. ALL OF YOU need to lick the ground Romero walks on. And I mean lick it clean. Romero coded the first and best shooter. Carmack blabbed while Romero pioneered multi-player. He coded and made Doom and Quake. Those two games defined the best shooters ever. If Romeros says jump then by god you better be doing a Carl Lewis special.

Lets all mark the minute, and the second, this man said the world would be blessed with another shooter. Everyone should feel blessed that he even decided to lift a finger to code a game. Seriously...

What the holy FUCK!? I hope to God you're just trolling and not serious. Then again considering the source....

News Comments > John Romero's New Shooter Plans
33. Re: John Romero's New Shooter Plans Aug 11, 2014, 22:08 SirKnight

Fletch wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 20:03:
And with the new Doom looking shittier and shittier the more I learn about it,

Now it's obvious you're just trolling. Everything people said about Doom that was at QuakeCon makes it sound like a pure old school shooter the way it's supposed to be done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDlCR9uSOtg

News Comments > Sierra Entertainment Revival
9. Re: Sierra Entertainment Revival Aug 8, 2014, 11:21 SirKnight

Bring back SWAT!!!!!  

1177 Comments. 59 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo