Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Thomas Grimes

Real Name Thomas Grimes   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SirKnight
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 14, 2005, 23:42
Total Comments 1163 (Pro)
User ID 22923

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Resident Evil Revelations 2 Announced
2. Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2 Announced Sep 1, 2014, 13:11 SirKnight

I just really can't get past the 3rd person view behind the character that RE has turned into. I much prefer the original style where the view stays the same as you move your character around and only changes once your character reaches a certain spot.

Making it 3rd person Gears of War style just turns me off. I can't stand that style.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Oculus Rift Video
22. Re: Half-Life 2 Oculus Rift Video Aug 24, 2014, 20:40 SirKnight

Sepharo wrote on Aug 24, 2014, 16:28:
entr0py wrote on Aug 24, 2014, 16:03:
It makes me realize that Oculus needs to get cracking on a controller before the commercial release. Mice and keyboards or gamepads aren't really adequate for VR. Developers will want some kind of standard controller they can rely on the customer having.

I don't agree, I'm fine with using keyboard and mouse in combination with the Oculus. Those hyrda controllers are cool but I'm not sure if I would use them.

KB/mouse feels really awkward and unnatural to me with the rift (both DK 1 and 2). Even a standard controller doesn't feel quite right. When I use my DK2 I really feel the need to use my hands in a natural way. So something like the Hydra will help a lot with that.

News Comments > John Carmack's Son's Game
1. Re: John Carmack's Son's Game Aug 18, 2014, 20:27 SirKnight

Very nice for 9 years old.

I made pong when I was around 15 written in C using the Win32 API.

News Comments > John Romero's New Shooter Plans
34. Re: John Romero's New Shooter Plans Aug 11, 2014, 22:11 SirKnight

[VG]Reagle wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 20:15:
Sorry if you all don't recognize a GOD of GAMING when you hear him speak. ALL OF YOU need to lick the ground Romero walks on. And I mean lick it clean. Romero coded the first and best shooter. Carmack blabbed while Romero pioneered multi-player. He coded and made Doom and Quake. Those two games defined the best shooters ever. If Romeros says jump then by god you better be doing a Carl Lewis special.

Lets all mark the minute, and the second, this man said the world would be blessed with another shooter. Everyone should feel blessed that he even decided to lift a finger to code a game. Seriously...

What the holy FUCK!? I hope to God you're just trolling and not serious. Then again considering the source....

News Comments > John Romero's New Shooter Plans
33. Re: John Romero's New Shooter Plans Aug 11, 2014, 22:08 SirKnight

Fletch wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 20:03:
And with the new Doom looking shittier and shittier the more I learn about it,

Now it's obvious you're just trolling. Everything people said about Doom that was at QuakeCon makes it sound like a pure old school shooter the way it's supposed to be done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDlCR9uSOtg

News Comments > Sierra Entertainment Revival
9. Re: Sierra Entertainment Revival Aug 8, 2014, 11:21 SirKnight

Bring back SWAT!!!!!  

News Comments > Ryse: Son of Rome Roaming onto PCs
4. Re: Ryse: Son of Rome Roaming onto PCs Aug 7, 2014, 11:53 SirKnight

nin wrote on Aug 7, 2014, 11:48:
It's the "please save our asses" port!

My exact thought the moment I read the headline. LOL!

News Comments > John Carmack SMU Talk
1. Re: John Carmack SMU Talk Aug 1, 2014, 12:00 SirKnight

Took them long enough to upload this.

I think Carmack, along with Abrash and some other Oculus guys, gave another talk recently. I need to poke around and try to find where I read that.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Change Plans
5. Re: Battlefield Hardline Change Plans Jul 2, 2014, 20:23 SirKnight

I did like the beta for what it was, but this really is nothing but a mod. It felt exactly like a BF4 mod, nothing more. I'd buy it for $30, but no more.  

News Comments > Goat Simulator for OS X and Linux
3. Re: Goat Simulator for OS X and Linux Jun 27, 2014, 10:40 SirKnight

The Mac version has been out for a little while now. I noticed it last week when my MacBook Pro came in and I was installing things.

But I see no point in downloading it for my other systems when I already have it on Windows and I've only played it like twice. Total I've spent MAYBE an hour, tops.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Jun 26, 2014, 22:36 SirKnight

When I read that headline, the first thing I thought of was the Weird Al song Everything You Know is Wrong.  

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
3. Re: Sunday Mobilization Jun 15, 2014, 17:54 SirKnight

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 15, 2014, 14:09:
WHY?!? no one is buying the Nvidia Shield,

You could not be more wrong about that. It's doing quite well.

News Comments > Destiny Still Destined for PCs?
2. Re: Destiny Still Destined for PCs? Jun 14, 2014, 13:09 SirKnight

I was playing the alpha on my ps4 last night. It's a pretty good game (although not surprisingly, it's very very much like halo) but I can't hit jack squat with the controller. Needs mouse badly. So I really hope they release this for the PC at some point.

I was also surprised to see it's not super linear like halo either. There's all these side areas you can explore besides just the main path.

News Comments > Free Battlefield 3 on Origin
9. Re: Free Battlefield 3 on Origin May 28, 2014, 21:19 SirKnight

While Steam is a million times better than Origin, Origin is not THAT bad. It has never got in my way to play a game, never caused me any grief at all and I'm not going to miss out on a game I want to play over something stupid as a blind hatred for something that's really not that bad in the first place.

Whatever.

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order Preloads
2. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order Preloads May 19, 2014, 22:43 SirKnight

ViRGE wrote on May 19, 2014, 22:39:
To preload this game you have to pre-order it. And if you're pre-ordering this game you're a rube.

You should probably just go ahead and get out of gaming. It's obviously not your thing.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
11. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 9, 2014, 22:00 SirKnight

Beats are so over-rated and over-priced it's not funny. Every time I've tried out Beats, it sounded like complete shit and usually only one side was working.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation May 7, 2014, 15:22 SirKnight

Ludomancer wrote on May 7, 2014, 13:08:
BitWraith wrote on May 7, 2014, 10:43:
I think they should release something like the Atari Flashback. A little nes console that has their entire nes and snes library on it or something - one that will hook up to modern tvs. I's buy one for a hundred bucks.

That's called a PC. They're fucking great!

Nice try, but no.

News Comments > Wolfenstein Gameplay Trailer
5. Re: Wolfenstein Gameplay Trailer Apr 29, 2014, 18:19 SirKnight

It's cool you can take either style of approach depending on what you feel like at the time.

The thing that seemed odd to me (other than being an extreme bullet sponge) is how he made those shots with the pistol without aiming or any kind of crosshair. Some of those shots were pretty far.

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 Adds Support for SteamOS/Linux/Newest Consoles
4. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Adds Support for SteamOS/Linux/Newest Consoles Apr 24, 2014, 17:38 SirKnight

The elemental demo being released is the unreal project for those who subscribe to UE4. This is not a standalone exe for everyone.

It's listed in the UE4 launcher under Marketplace as "Coming Soon! ETA 22:30 GMT"

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 20, 2014, 21:03 SirKnight

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 20, 2014, 20:27:
Watch Doge seem to be doing pretty well in sales too, hope it won't disappoint.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/581/296/c09.jpg

1163 Comments. 59 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo