Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Manolis

Real Name Manolis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname BadIronTree
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 95750070
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 14, 2005, 09:24
Total Comments 113 (Novice)
User ID 22920

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen March Update
2. Re: Star Citizen March Update Apr 7, 2015, 12:16 BadIronTree

Cutter wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 11:56:
So I imagine their montage is something like this?
NOPE

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen at $77M
36. Re: Star Citizen at $77M Mar 30, 2015, 13:52 BadIronTree

@[VG]Reagle Congrats on your 1000+ Comments/Trolls  

News Comments > Star Citizen Videos
48. Re: Star Citizen Videos Mar 9, 2015, 06:59 BadIronTree

{PH}88fingers wrote on Mar 9, 2015, 00:40:
I just love how Cutter and them moved their goal posts from Scam, coke and hookers to now bitching about time schedules and taking too long. Wonder what the next step is
Probably they will whine, for the scam game that they don't want to play, having to big Recommended system requirements

5. Re: Star Citizen Videos Mar 8, 2015, 14:00 BadIronTree

loomy wrote on Mar 8, 2015, 13:48:
looks like they are ramping production HARD now that the new studios have come online. this new ship is a new level of quality, and the other ships are scheduled to be upgraded to this level. the new damage system replaces the old-new system, making it better and easier to work with. both upgrades to the game come from new studios, not the sources of the original work.
Yea they are "full steam ahead"
#1 priority on the Squadron 42 episode 1 of 5 campaign

Star Citizenís roadmap looks like this:

Next Few Months:
FPS module end of March.
Social module.

Mid 2015 :
AC 2.0 multi-crew combat (Summer 2015).

End of 2015 :
1st episode of Squadron 42 pre-alpha & the persistent universe.
Take-off, fly, land, trade, etc. by end of year.

2. Re: Star Citizen Videos Mar 8, 2015, 13:08 BadIronTree

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSNjPXMMqCE
best parts from cam
btw:
http://i.imgur.com/JRuYXRh.jpg
Trolling E.A. in the power-point

more here
http://www.gamersnexus.net/news/1856-star-citizen-pax-east-fps-module-release

This comment was edited on Mar 8, 2015, 13:19.

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS Module Nears
33. Re: Star Citizen FPS Module Nears Mar 8, 2015, 12:49 BadIronTree

harlock wrote on Mar 8, 2015, 10:05:
Kajetan wrote on Mar 8, 2015, 09:52:
BadIronTree wrote on Mar 8, 2015, 09:38:
PTU 1.1 from 2 days ago

Video!
Seems promising, thnx!

that looks like ass...20-30 fps with tons of hitching whenever things explode or lots of weapons are firing

this shit wont be released for years, and by the time it is - there will already be something else so much better

but you can still take your virtual ships to bed with you and cuddle them

Its a PTU 1.1 build (Public Test Universe) early build for very few people... its not out yet. it still have bugs

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS Module Nears
25. Re: Star Citizen FPS Module Nears Mar 8, 2015, 09:38 BadIronTree

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 8, 2015, 08:59:
BadIronTree wrote on Mar 8, 2015, 08:36:
More important news for me

Reintroducing-The-Aegis-Retaliator

The-Aegis-Retaliator Video

The-New-Damage-System

The-New-Damage-System video
Pretty graphics but how is the gameplay?
PTU 1.1 from 2 days ago

Video!

This comment was edited on Mar 8, 2015, 09:50.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy
63. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 22, 2015, 03:26 BadIronTree

Creston wrote on Feb 21, 2015, 19:29:
I actually like the idea of being able to rent something in game, but why does it need a separate currency? Why not just an xx price in regular credits? Making it a separate currency seems needlessly complicated for what seems to be zero benefit.

HAXAXAXAXA
The only reason they added renting is to allow people to test more stuff
If you just unlock items and ships you would just Get the best of the best... and then everybody will be in a SUPER HORNET with the best items :/
And this is only for the AC (the game in the game) not the actual game in the PU...
People need to chill

News Comments > Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy
36. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 21, 2015, 16:44 BadIronTree

Video
more important than the 73m news people!!!
Careers-Mining

and

New mining Platform/ship

News Comments > Crusader Kings II Free Week
5. Re: Crusader Kings II Free Week Feb 18, 2015, 06:21 BadIronTree

Its more addictive than crack , It should be banned :p  

News Comments > Star Citizen at $70M; New Arena Commander Patch
1. Re: Star Citizen at $70M; New Arena Commander Patch Jan 24, 2015, 14:41 BadIronTree

No hate comment yet ?
Something is terrible wrong !!!

News Comments > Star Citizen Status Report
34. Re: Star Citizen Status Report Jan 12, 2015, 05:42 BadIronTree

Comet wrote on Jan 11, 2015, 16:45:
InBlack wrote on Jan 11, 2015, 11:54:

*checks Comet's post history*

Kind of hard to take you seriously when every single one of your posts has been defending Starcitizen. There is a word for that you know?

Defending Star Citizen? Check my posts again and please read them. I don't defend Star Citizen.
I also don't come here and make predictions that they will fail or that their a scam or whatever.

Instead of making assumptions look at the information available at the moment and check the project before trowing any conclusions.

What we know is this:
- They are financially independent. They have the funds to create a AAA title.
- They didn't run with the money. They have hired close to 300 people working across different internal and external studios.
- The people working on the title have worked on some of the most well known movies and games. You can confirm this yourself as CIG shares the names of the people and studios working on the game.
For instance, if you take the time to read the Monthly report stated in this article you can find several names, such as:
Imaginarium studios : Just the best motion capture studio in the industry at the moment. -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Imaginarium_Studios
3Lateral : Facial motion capture for Ryse, GTA V and so on.
BHVR : Shadow of Mordor, Far Cry 3
And so on and on. Check the names of the developers if you want and the games they've been involved in.
Did you know for instance that what is considered the best concept artist in the world, worked on the design of some of Star Citizen ships. Check Ryan Church website yourself.

Understand this. I'm not a fanboy. In fact I don't expect much. This project can indeed fail. Many talented developers release games that fail to reach expectations. Destiny, AC Unity and so on as examples. The Witcher 3 could be a failure. We don't know.
Somehow people expected Titanfall would be a good game because it was being created by ex Infinity Ward employees. And indeed it was.

But given the talent they have hired, given the time that has passed, given the fact that they are doing a good job sharing the development progress and given the fact that they do have the funds to create the game (just like any other big studio), why would I predict the project failure so soon?

What I fail to understand is how people predict this game to fail. Going as far as calling it another "Duke Nukem Forever", based only on the amount of money they have raised.
True. Many developers promise the world but don't have the funds or even the team to build the game they promise. In SC case, right now, they have both. Money and the team to do it. Can they fail? Of course they can. I pre ordered The Witcher 3 because I think CD Projekt Red has a good track record and talented developers but who knows...It could be another AC Unity (that I pre ordered as well by the way)

The reason why I'm giving SC a chance is just the facts available that people can check for themselves. The talent they have hired. The team size. The information the developers are sharing. The project roadmap and so on.

If you're skeptic just wait. But at least do your homework. Check how much AAA games cost to produce. Check how long it takes to develop them and so on. Kotaku and Wikipedia has a pretty good list you can check :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_expensive_video_games_to_develop

I just don't think now is the time to reach any conclusion.
In one year time perhaps. But now? I don't think so.

They also give 2 times a week video reports on what they did... You can not be more open than that... (OR You could make a reality show 24/7 like big brother :P)

News Comments > Star Citizen at $69M
48. Re: Star Citizen at $69M Jan 10, 2015, 11:02 BadIronTree

So people will actually buy some  

News Comments > Star Citizen at $69M
45. Re: Star Citizen at $69M Jan 9, 2015, 08:36 BadIronTree

Btw for the people that are still whining
THE LAST STRETCH GOAL WAS AT $65,000,000
nothing new so far

News Comments > Not Even One "M" in Square Enix MMOGs
1. Re: Not Even One Jan 2, 2015, 10:18 BadIronTree

eve online had never had subs over 500k at the same time but is still kicking 12+ years after

Its a nich market but a good one

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Demo
14. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Demo Oct 25, 2014, 11:56 BadIronTree

ITS A TRAP!
DON'T DO IT
ONE MORE TURN!!

News Comments > Star Citizen @ $58M
19. Re: Star Citizen Passes $58M Oct 16, 2014, 05:45 BadIronTree

I dont want to feed the troll... but every ship flies differently...
Even the same ship with extra weapons and or with cargo will fly differently... The physics are real in the game ... The game is more sim than arcade and its NOT for all people... get over it .

News Comments > Star Citizen's $55M Sets Crowdfunding Record
15. Re: Star Citizen's $55M Sets Crowdfunding Record Oct 1, 2014, 12:20 BadIronTree

Flatline wrote on Oct 1, 2014, 12:12:
Julio wrote on Oct 1, 2014, 11:59:
I'm curious to see where this one finishes at before the final (well as final as this game will be) game comes out. Wonder how well it will trend on microtransactions post release too.

If they want to profit they'll probably have to have microtransactions out the ass, seeing as everyone who wants a copy will have a copy before it launches.

Also, wouldn't the 11 billion alphas and betas of Minecraft qualify as crowdfunding? That was a totally indie effort and made like 250 million in 2012 alone.

Minecraft , KSP , Natural selection 2 and more were crow-funded before kick-starter just by word of mouth :D

News Comments > Star Citizen's $55M Sets Crowdfunding Record
2. Re: Star Citizen's $55M Sets Crowdfunding Record Oct 1, 2014, 10:08 BadIronTree

It's closer to 56 Mil. now
RECLAIMER

113 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo