Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ratty

Real Name Ratty   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ratty
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 11, 2005, 20:15
Total Comments 1148 (Pro)
User ID 22908

User comment history
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
68. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 5, 2008, 11:27 Ratty

It's truly amazing and sad that Prop8 passed.

Now California is one of those states. So sad.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Adventurous Site Seeing
2. Perry Rhodan Feb 11, 2008, 10:19 Ratty

I loved that series as a kid. I still have the entire run of the English version.

News Comments > Hellgate: London - Stonehenge Delay
14. Re: Recap please Jan 22, 2008, 14:37 Ratty

Couldn't have said it better myself. I was so excited about this game then as more and more information came out I steadily began to lose my enthusiasm. Supposed to be first person view, then it became third person by default (though you could change it in game). No save games. They adopted the same retarded system they used for Diablo 2.

I bought the game and only got a little ways into it. I keep meaning to get back to it but I know I never will.

12. Vomit Jan 4, 2008, 13:39 Ratty

Why are you the designated barf guy? Women have much stronger stomachs when it comes to poop, barf and diarrhea, being the child-bearers and all. I believe in an equitable, non-sexist division of labor. No reason men have to take out the garbage and kill spiders while women take care of the kids and do laundry. But when it comes to vomit situations, and diapers too, women should really step up to the plate. C'mon, you know it doesn't bother them as much as it bothers us!

19. Re: No subject Dec 19, 2007, 14:02 Ratty

The 40D is about $1300 but from what I've read

Since I'm in the market too I looked it up. Amazon lists it for what you said but there are a lot of places that list it for $499. Can that be right? Just do a Google search for "canon 40d".

http://www.thecameraprofessionals.com/prodetails.asp?prodid=276308

I have one of those little Canon 850IS pocket cameras and I hate it. Seriously, I DESPISE it. It almost never takes good pictures. It's blurry unless the subject is standing absolutely still. The zoom is worthless as the picture always turns out blurry if I use it. Yet it's hugely popular. Can I be THAT bad a photographer?

Anyway, the 40D is what I want, but not for $1300. What's going on with the $499 prices I'm seeing?

9. Chocolate Dec 19, 2007, 11:51 Ratty

I find it hard to believe chocolate is so deadly to dogs. I only just heard of this recently. Dogs have such a sweet tooth and such a penchant for getting into people food--wouldn't there be, like, dead dogs lying everywhere if chocolate was so poisonous? We'd have to step over their cute, furry little bodies everywhere we went, seems like. I've never heard of a dog dying from chocolate. Good thing I don't have a dog I guess. I give my cat some of everything I eat, including licking the ice cream from the bottom of the bowl. I can really see doing that with a dog .. chocolate ice cream too!

News Comments > Deus Ex 3 Confirmed
57. Re: No subject Nov 26, 2007, 21:32 Ratty

What? There was a DE2? When?

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, they mean that Invisible War thing?

Maybe they should just go ahead and call if Deus Ex 2. After all, as you point out, there never really was a DX2. And it would kind of be like a series reboot. Also an admission that DX:IW maybe possibly didn't quite live up to the series name. You know, it's like Serious Sam, Serious Sam the Second Encounter, then Serious Sam 2. So there's gaming precedent.

I say bring back a couple of team members from the original but leave out Harvey and Warren, thank you very much.

This comment was edited on Nov 26, 21:33.

15. No subject Nov 4, 2007, 09:15 Ratty

Now why was I certain when I was reading the first part of this OoTB that it would turn out Blue wasn't the type of guy to actually go through with it and make the call? Good for you Blue. As a non-driver (never owned a car in my life) I've never understood road rage or even road anger.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
8. Re: GodTube Nov 4, 2007, 09:08 Ratty

Be scared be very scared....

http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=e842a039b2ee9e3f0517

Heh, I like this user comment:

I personally think that Darwin arrived at his theory from observing stages of embryo development through various abortions on factory floors.

16. Heroes ... and omelets Nov 1, 2007, 14:26 Ratty

I really liked Heroes when it first came out but then quickly saw it for the hack show it was. You can only be surprised that so-and-so turns out to have super powers so often. And what was with the whole stupid save the cheerleader save the world mantra. Did saving the cheerleader in fact end up saving the world? So stupid.

The omelet discussion is timely as I've been trying to hone my skill in this area just lately. My problem is I can't keep the eggs from browning. If I turn the heat low then the cheese doesn't melt. I think next I'll try adding the cheese, grated fine, the instant I put the eggs in, then add the rest of the ingredients after it cooks a bit. Maybe I can avoid the browning. I'll be trying both the water method and the tupperware method soon for fluffiness. My favorite is wild mushrooms sauteed in butter with shallots and a bit of garlic and just a drizzle of truffle oil over the top.

News Comments > Neverwinter Nights 2 Adventure Pack Announced
22. No subject Oct 23, 2007, 00:40 Ratty

Thanks for the recommendations. Yeah, I'm ashamed I could never get into BD. I know it's one of the best games evar. I think it was the touchy companions you had to constantly mollify, also it was hard.

News Comments > Neverwinter Nights 2 Adventure Pack Announced
11. No subject Oct 22, 2007, 09:20 Ratty

The last game of this sort I actually played all the way through (a few times) was the original Diablo. Yeah, I liked that game. Hated Diablo 2, started Baldur's gate but didn't get very far before I gave up. Tried the demo for Dungeon Siege but it was boring. I always wondered about NWN. I'd heard the original single-player games wasn't too good. How about NWN2? I miss these kinds of games and I have a hankerin to play one again.

News Comments > Unreal Tournament 3 Beta Demo Released
52. Re: No subject Oct 12, 2007, 16:45 Ratty

Nin, which was your favorite UT of the entire series?

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: DOS Oct 11, 2007, 12:56 Ratty

I wondered whether they had a command prompt-like thingy since OSX was basically unix all gussied up. About time!

2. Eeew Oct 11, 2007, 12:54 Ratty

What a lovely glimpse of married life!

I got a new kitten about a month ago. That little things passes smelly cat farts like nobody's business. And then he looks at me all innocent like. I think I should probably take him to the vet. Even my other cat runs away in disgust.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. DOS Oct 11, 2007, 12:26 Ratty

I use DOS (or the command prompt, whatever) daily, constantly. Learned it years ago when I did a rotation in our PC dept. Anybody else remember edlin? Here's a great tip for you DOS jockeys. Add a right click to a folder in windows explorer to open a command prompt in the directory so you don't have to cd all the time. I can't live without this trick:

http://www.suodenjoki.dk/us/productions/articles/cmdprompt.htm

I use loops all the time too:

for %f in (*.*) do echo %f

(or whatever command you want to put after the "do.")

So for the first trick in the article I'd do this:

for %f in (jpg tif png) do move *.%f pics

This is what drove me crazy about Macs. No command prompt!

This comment was edited on Oct 11, 12:31.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Half-Life 2: The Orange Box
44. No subject Oct 10, 2007, 14:55 Ratty

I don't want to give Steam my credit card so I'll pick up the DVD someplace. I only want Portal and Ep 2. Sucks they make you buy the orange crap or pay the same amount for those two individually. I think I'll wait for them to be offered together on a DVD someday. I've been putting off playing STALKER anyway. I think it's time I fired it up. Half-Life will wait for a couple more months.

Nice to know Portal is fun. I'm looking forward to it.

News Comments > F.E.A.R. Perseus Mandate Demo
21. No subject Oct 10, 2007, 01:11 Ratty

FEAR was a good game, but not a great one. It had lots of room for improvement. This is one time when I don't resent the original developer not being involved in a sequel.

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Sorry about that Oct 3, 2007, 13:15 Ratty

Not a Deadwood fan but I feel for you guys. In other news I just found out they've brought back Dead Like Me. They've finished shooting the movie it and it's scheduled for release next year on DVD. If it does well they'll bring the series back, if it doesn't they intend to shoot more direct to DVD movies every year or so.

Did anybody else know about this? I just found out a couple of days ago.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Like_Me_%28film%29

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: FF extensions Sep 11, 2007, 13:42 Ratty

What it all comes down to is consumer backlash. Ad companies couldn't reign themselves in and now they're paying the price.

That is so true. After all the abuse of popups, popunders, annoying flash ads with sound, layers that interpose themselves over content, what did these people expect? And what's with all the wah wah wah lately about web thieves stealing the food out from under hungry mouths by using ad blockers? They've run out of annoying tech tricks and have resorted to guilt? Don't we see articles on this almost everyday lately?

Advertisers you only have yourselves to blame. Content providers, you are to blame too because you're enabling them. And we're on to your little trick of splitting an article up into 50 pages of a about a paragraph each just so we're forced to look at more ads. Someday we'll figure a way around that one too!

I'm not in principle against making a buck on the web. I don't mind static, non-animated banners. I don't even mind interstitial ads (you know, you read page one of an article, then the link to page two takes you to an ad first that you have to click through to see page 3). But I don't want to be distracted by popups and busy-ness while I'm trying to read your content.

This comment was edited on Sep 11, 13:43.

1148 Comments. 58 pages. Viewing page 36.
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo