Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ratty

Real Name Ratty   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ratty
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 11, 2005, 20:15
Total Comments 1151 (Pro)
User ID 22908

User comment history
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Jan 8, 2010, 12:56 Ratty

deliver a little hardcore gaming tucked away in there for players to discover.
This is what was great about Painkiller. You could approach it as a simple shooter or do the challenges, devise tarot card strategies, and collect gold. NecroVision chose to do a lot of this in "challenge rooms" instead of in-game, sadly. I first played Painkiller as a straightforward shooter, the "extra" stuff was too complicated for me. I never finished it. Then some months later I went back to it, discovered how fun the extras were and how they made the game way more challenging and I was addicted. I probably played PK about ten times.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Deus Ex 3 a PC Exclusive?
43. Re: Deus Ex 3 a PC Exclusive? Nov 26, 2009, 10:37 Ratty

I call bullshit. But hey, I can still dream...  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Good game voice chat software? Nov 2, 2009, 14:20 Ratty

What are you smoking? Cross platform gaming never went further than Shadowrun. Who gave you the idea you could play between PC and Xbox?

Thanks for the info. I didn't know that.

4. Good game voice chat software? Nov 2, 2009, 12:00 Ratty

Totally off-topic of anything at all, can anybody recommend a good voice chat program for MP games? I'm on PC and I'm thinking about trying borderlands and maybe I'll play coop with somebody on XBox. How does that work? Is TeamSpeak the kind of thing I'm look for? I've never played MP before believe it or not but I'm thinking of giving it a go.  

6. 30 Dumb Inventions Sep 29, 2009, 12:08 Ratty

My favorite is the dog restrainer  

21. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 14, 2009, 13:22 Ratty

Bolding in the On Sale section: YES!!
Bolding in Hardware Reviews, etc: Meh, I'm fine either way but I vote no.

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale Sep 11, 2009, 12:05 Ratty

Hey, this works! Even better than grouping them by sales method. Thanks Blue!  

News Comments > On Sale
12. Re: On Sale Sep 6, 2009, 19:05 Ratty

I'm only interested in the Steam sales, so, yeah, I vote for classifying by the sales method.  

News Comments > Serious Sam HD Website
3. Re: Serious Sam HD Website Sep 1, 2009, 12:36 Ratty

I never played the first one. I only played the second encounter. Lucky me. My first time will be in HD.  

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Aug 30, 2009, 13:37 Ratty

I can't separate the artist from the art in this case. I loved the early Alvin books until I found out what a right wing fundamentalist loon he was. I won't have anything to do with him nowdays.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 28, 2009, 14:45 Ratty

Great post! Makes up for the refrigerator light.  

News Comments > Metaverse
4. Re: Metaverse Aug 26, 2009, 16:43 Ratty

As uncomfortable as I am letting the government get involved in what has traditionally been an independent self-policing system, the internet has become too important a resource to trust to an unregulated free market.

Like health care.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 24, 2009, 12:44 Ratty

Anything fatty will have me up most of the night breathing in my own barf. Spicy doesn't do it to me, just fatty. And no, I haven't learnt my lesson either.

I did hear that sleeping on your left side greatly alleviates the problem and I can attest that it works like a charm.

News Comments > Dungeon Keeper TMs
5. Re: Dungeon Keeper TMs Aug 19, 2009, 12:54 Ratty

DK: seriously one of my top 5 all time favorite games. Really looking forward to this.  

News Comments > Safety Dance
7. Re: Safety Dance Aug 9, 2009, 14:37 Ratty

in fact it precludes Linux from ever gaining foothold in the desktop market
Great point. And that's the crux of the matter right there ladies and gentlemen

News Comments > BioShock 2 Movie
5. Re: BioShock 2 Movie May 14, 2009, 12:50 Ratty

The primary target platform of the game hasn't changed. It's a console game, primarily

Yeah, the ONLY silver lining to today's developers focusing on consoles and largely ignoring PCs. My PC is several years old and still plays the latest games at their highest settings (it's a single core processor). And I'm not planning on replacing it for a long time.

News Comments > Goodbye from 3D Realms
25. Re: Goodbye from 3D Realms May 9, 2009, 14:10 Ratty

I still remember that article from the ex-DNF developer from about a year ago that said categorically DNF would *never* see the light of day because it was all a scam by 3DRealms to milk the publishers and investors of as much money as they could before shutting down. I didn't think too much of it then, but wow was that guy right on target.  

5. Re: My own pet peeve Feb 28, 2009, 14:22 Ratty

Ha! Good catch mag.

Tim Berners-Lee, the inventor of the www, said in hindsight he regretted several things:

Web creator regrets addressing system

Tim Berners-Lee has said that if he had his time again Web addresses would be simpler, and arguably more logical, than the http://www.name.com we are all familiar with.

In an interview with the BCS (British Computer Society), the inventor of the World Wide Web said that he would scrap the double-slash, simply because, as he says, 'there's no need for it'.

He also said that he would have put domain names the other way round and drop the full points and unnecessary 'www'. The example above would simply become http:com/name/.

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/85579/web-creator-regrets-addressing-system.html

2. My own pet peeve Feb 28, 2009, 13:37 Ratty

Never noticed "Febuary." My own pet peeve is "dubya dubya dubya." Really, a broadcast professional should be able to handle "double u double u double u" without any problem at all. For us normal people, dubya is just fine--I'm no purist. Double u is hard to say three times fast without it sounding stilted. But people who talk for a living should be able to master it so that it sounds natural.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
5. Re: Game Reviews Feb 17, 2009, 11:41 Ratty

I made a resolution some time ago to never play a game without trying the beta first. Given how much I loved the first FEAR and both its expansions I bought FEAR 2 anyway. What a short memory I have. And what a waste of 50 buck. The game is unplayable on the PC. I would have been able to tell that instantly if only I played the demo.  

1151 Comments. 58 pages. Viewing page 35.
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo