Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ratty

Real Name Ratty   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ratty
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 11, 2005, 20:15
Total Comments 1151 (Pro)
User ID 22908

User comment history
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: What's wrong with Apple TV Oct 12, 2010, 12:29 Ratty

I'm not an Apple hater - love my IPod - but a lot of things about Apple turn me off, most notably their maniacal need to control *everything*. I suppose it can serve them well, controlling the user experience, but still I wouldn't touch an IPhone or IPad with a ten foot pole. Apple TV tied to ITunes is enough to make me pass. I'm in the market for a set top box and was going to get a Roku, I'd heard such great things about it. But I think I'll wait and see what Google comes up with before I buy.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Flash cookies Sep 28, 2010, 13:15 Ratty

I thought I was safe from Flash cookies since I use FlashBlock. But I installed the BetterPrivacy addon in Firefox and was surprised how many flash cookies I actually have. I guess those sites that I allow Flash to run on (e.g., Youtube) manage to slip them in there.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 13, 2010, 14:26 Ratty

I was sure this story must be from Taiwan or Korea since that's where all the bizarre game addition stories seem to come from. But what do you know, it happened in England.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2010, 12:22 Ratty

I only got two right, which is two more than I expected.

Should have gotten Guitar Hero and GTA though. And Asteroids if I'd thought about it long enough. Fun quiz though

News Comments > DNF Next Year
17. Re: DNF Next Year Sep 3, 2010, 15:18 Ratty

It's so easy to ridicule this game - and very rightly so. It deserves all the criticism it has ever gotten. But I'm still looking forward to playing it. Edit to add: but not without a demo!  

News Comments > Legal Briefs
1. Legal Briefs Aug 25, 2010, 11:51 Ratty

Ad Firm Sued for Allegedly Re-Creating Deleted Cookies
Wow, another great reason to use FlashBlock

Nasty auto robocaller forced to pay $2.3M, sell Mercedes
Nice to hear one of these slimeballs got hit where it hurts. I used to get those warranty robocalls all the time, even though I'm on the do not call list. I imagine people decide they can make a lot more money than they'll pay in fines for violating do not call. Maybe now they'll think twice. I only wish they'd left this guy destitute as it sounds like he's still rolling in dough.

News Comments > Dungeons Trailer
8. Re: Dungeons Trailer Aug 19, 2010, 18:03 Ratty

Total ripoff of Dungeon Keeper ... my favorite game EVAR! I say the more of a ripoff it is the better!  

News Comments > Crysis 2 Trailer
3. Re: Crysis 2 Trailer Aug 17, 2010, 12:21 Ratty

Heh, and I won't even play a military shooter UNLESS it has aliens and robots  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 17, 2010, 11:48 Ratty

If they played blu ray I would have gotten an XBox years ago.  

1. Re: Crysis 2 Trailer Aug 17, 2010, 11:47 Ratty

So refreshing to see a trailer show off the game rather than the stupid cutscenes nobody cares about. I'll miss the island setting but Crysis 2 still looks awesome and not at all consoley.  

News Comments > "Final" BioShock 2 DLC Announced
3. Re: "Final" BioShock 2 DLC Announced Aug 5, 2010, 11:51 Ratty

Is this a GFWL thing where we have to buy, like 1000 MS points and use 800 to get the DLC? If so I'll pass, though I agree it sounds like real content.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Fallout Jul 23, 2010, 11:00 Ratty

There are a few classic games I really regret never having played. Never played the original System Shock, or the Ultima series. I think missing out on Fallout is the one I regret most.  

29. Re: America's Deadliest Sweetener Jul 7, 2010, 15:32 Ratty

But he's on HuffPo's site, so that must mean it's accurate.

Heh. I remember first hearing about this guy when he claimed Splenda was bad for you because it contained chlorine atoms in its molecule. And, you know, chlorine was what they used in World War I in the trenches and made people cough up their bloody lungs. So chlorine must be bad and you don't want to eat Splenda and cough up your lungs do you?

20. Re: America's Deadliest Sweetener Jul 7, 2010, 14:45 Ratty

What are you smoking? It's an article on HuffPo

HuffPo's just citing this quack's website. Go ahead and follow the links if you care. As far as the Pentagon bioweapon claim, like everything on that site it's not sourced. I can't say aspartame is 100% safe. Who knows? I don't use it. But I'm certainly not inclined to be convinced by this money-grubbing lunatic.

11. America's Deadliest Sweetener Jul 7, 2010, 11:32 Ratty

Oh jeez. A link to the latest histrionic shrieks from another anti-vaccine hoodoo magic health site trying to scam people into buying their miraculous wonder cure shit.  

News Comments > DX 3 Designer on DX2
6. Re: DX 3 Designer on DX2 Jun 14, 2010, 11:14 Ratty

I always have to remind myself that, taken alone without the legacy of the first Deus Ex, DX2 was actually kinda fun. As a sequel to the original it was a miserable disappointment though. DX3? Who knows. I'm pessimistic because I've been burned too many times. But we'll see. Will definitely wait for reviews from people who loved the original as much as I did before I buy.  

2. Re: Crysis 2 Trailer Jun 11, 2010, 11:04 Ratty

OK, that was awesome. Nice to see a trailer actually focus on gameplay for once.  

4. Re: Nuclear Option Jun 4, 2010, 11:14 Ratty

I cant believe that the US leadership ISNT considering a nuclear option simply because of political reasons.

That's not the sole reason, though it has to be a small part of it. The quote at the end of the article says it best: "Technically, it would be exploring new ground in the midst of a disaster and you might make it worse." Maybe like the blast creating tiny fractures in the sea floor where oil would seep up in a million different places. No way they'd ever stop that.

The relief wells will work. They just take a long time to drill and are hugely expensive.

1. The 50 Worst Video Game Cliches Jun 3, 2010, 10:56 Ratty

That list was about 45 items too long  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jun 3, 2010, 07:30 Ratty

50 games? I'm lucky nowdays if there are 2 games good enough to get in a year.  

1151 Comments. 58 pages. Viewing page 33.
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo