Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ratty

Real Name Ratty   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ratty
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 11, 2005, 20:15
Total Comments 1127 (Pro)
User ID 22908

User comment history
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Patched
79. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Patched Oct 21, 2010, 18:09 Ratty

*Groan* Still a whole nother hour to go until I get to go home ...  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

75. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Patched Oct 21, 2010, 16:04 Ratty

The one thing I'm not liking about the game that I miss from FO3 is the sense of danger. In 3, if I strayed into an area that was "out of level", I very quickly got my ass handed to me. Here, with one or two exceptions, I haven't really felt threatened at all.
Wow, that's not my experience at all. I've been going to all sorts of places way out of my league at level 4 and have been having my butt handed to me. There is definitely a very tangible sense of danger out there. Just try heading past those stop signs past Goodsprings and see how far you get.

Though in the case of your Nipton example, yeah, I did the same as you and it wasn't too hard. It seems to me if you stick to the main roads and follow the quest you don't run into too much you can't handle but when you venture out on your own watch out.

70. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Patched Oct 21, 2010, 15:06 Ratty

I always regret never having played the original Fallouts as I know they were considered legendary. So yeah, FO3 was my first.

BTW, I just had my first "Confirmed Bachelor" dialog with the guy behind the counter at the NCR outpost. I gave him the old "So what's your name?" line and one thing lead to another. He finally explained regretfully that, you know, he would and all but people here out west just don't understand "special friendships" like they do back east. I called him a spineless pussy and stormed out. Bah, he wasn't even that good looking.

58. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Patched Oct 21, 2010, 13:21 Ratty

All in all, still not liking it as much as FO3. I keep waiting for it to actually, like, take off, and show me something awesome. So far it's been one abandoned outpost after the other, or the occasional outpost with 2 bandits in it. :\
That's my experience as well. I'm not hating it - in fact I'm having a really good time - but I don't see yet what other people are talking about when they say it's way better than FO3.

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Tools
42. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Tools Oct 20, 2010, 10:58 Ratty

The game ran horrible on first launch with consistant choppiness. I realized the launcher improperly set the graphic settings to ultra for my 3 year old computer. Changing this to high made all the difference. About 5 hours in and the game has crashed to the desktop once on me. Thankfully I had just exited a building and the game auto-saved. That aside, really enjoying the gameplay and exploration.
Ditto. After one crash about an hour in I've not had any other problems. I created a desktop shortcut as recommended and was able to change the graphical settings. I appreciate other people have problems but on my 6 year old computer it's running like a dream, no problems for me. I'm really loving the game.

It's funny, the one silver lining to the dominance of consoles over PCs is I bought this computer in 2004 and can still play the newest games at pretty high graphical settings. I upgraded the video card once in all that time. By the time the next gen consoles come out I'll be able to buy a new PC with a 1024 bit OS and a bazillion cores, but until then this PC still works spectacularly.

News Comments > Game Reviews
19. Re: Game Reviews Oct 19, 2010, 15:18 Ratty

OK, just had my first crash after an hour of playing. The other bug is so senseless: Doesn't seem to be any way to change graphic settings. At the first menu you can change things like resolution, anti-aliasing, etc. but the changes are ignored. When you then go into the game to play the settings are what they were originally. How could this have gotten past QA? Luckily my machine can handle the somewhat high settings. It's a little rough but still playable.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
11. Re: Game Reviews Oct 19, 2010, 13:59 Ratty

Called in sick to work today to play. Just built my character and left Doc's office. Haven't read any reviews yet. Did someone say bugs?  

News Comments > Thief Source Code Recovered?
18. Re: Thief Source Code Recovered? Oct 17, 2010, 12:57 Ratty

Yeah, I've played FMs religiously for many years, I finally got tired of it about a year ago and haven't played any since. Really, I've enjoyed Thief 1 and 2 way more for the FMs than for the OMs. That's not to say I think any of the FMs were better than the originals - just that the whole FM experience has been wonderful, seeing what people come up with, something fun to do when I'm bored.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Interview
9. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Interview Oct 15, 2010, 15:25 Ratty

but admittedly, it was still fun in parts.
Yes, it was. The travesty was all in having the name "Deus Ex" in the title. On its own and without considering its pedigree it was a decent game.

I've learned from bitter experience not to take these assurances that PC gamers won't feel shafted with a grain of salt. Still, I heard someplace that they were keeping the grid inventory? Not that I'm particularly wedded to the original inventory system - it wouldn't make me particularly mad if they got rid of it - but it would seem like the first thing to go in a developer's frenzy to make everything accessible, casual, consolized, dumbed-down or whatever you want to call it. That they're keeping it seems like a good omen to me.

But I'm probably just grasping at straws there.

Edit to ask: what is a "third person cover system?"

News Comments > Early DNF Access for All Steam Borderlands Owners?
29. Re: Early DNF Access for All Steam Borderlands Owners? Oct 14, 2010, 18:55 Ratty

Thanks for all your comments guys. I believe I will get Borderlands and maybe give coop a try for the first time in my life. Sounds like if I want to experiment with coop Borderlands is the game to do it with.

But I'll wait until after Fallout NV and I still need to finish Starcraft II. Maybe the price will drop - $49.00 still seems a little steep for a game so old, even with all the DLC included.

12. Re: Early DNF Access for All Steam Borderlands Owners? Oct 14, 2010, 12:57 Ratty

it's always just on the cusp of greatness
I've heard that a lot about the game. Thanks for your thorough opinion.

8. Re: Early DNF Access for All Steam Borderlands Owners? Oct 14, 2010, 12:08 Ratty

I keep thinking about getting Borderlands every time I see an article on it here. Is the single player game worth it? What do you guys think? I've heard the MP is pretty good but I'm only interested in SP and I've yet to hear any kind of consensus on that.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 13, 2010, 15:00 Ratty

I hate leaving a trail of spider guts on the wall, and hate when I miss or don't finish it and suddenly there's a frantic spider sprinting somewhere.
Ick, I hear you. There's never a time in my life when I act more girly than when I stumble on a nasty house spider unawares.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 13, 2010, 12:23 Ratty

I'll let the outside spiders live in peace but for inside spiders it's smashy smashy time.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 12, 2010, 16:35 Ratty

@Verno, is Google TV actually out yet? I thought it wasn't. I've been wanting to get a BluRay player for awhile too. If one is part of the Sony model then $300 sounds a lot more reasonable.  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 12, 2010, 12:31 Ratty

Wow, what a moron! Sticking your nose in? Heh, still, I'm glad to hear your a big softy and made nice with her afterwards.  

1. Re: What's wrong with Apple TV Oct 12, 2010, 12:29 Ratty

I'm not an Apple hater - love my IPod - but a lot of things about Apple turn me off, most notably their maniacal need to control *everything*. I suppose it can serve them well, controlling the user experience, but still I wouldn't touch an IPhone or IPad with a ten foot pole. Apple TV tied to ITunes is enough to make me pass. I'm in the market for a set top box and was going to get a Roku, I'd heard such great things about it. But I think I'll wait and see what Google comes up with before I buy.  

2. Flash cookies Sep 28, 2010, 13:15 Ratty

I thought I was safe from Flash cookies since I use FlashBlock. But I installed the BetterPrivacy addon in Firefox and was surprised how many flash cookies I actually have. I guess those sites that I allow Flash to run on (e.g., Youtube) manage to slip them in there.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 13, 2010, 14:26 Ratty

I was sure this story must be from Taiwan or Korea since that's where all the bizarre game addition stories seem to come from. But what do you know, it happened in England.  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2010, 12:22 Ratty

I only got two right, which is two more than I expected.

Should have gotten Guitar Hero and GTA though. And Asteroids if I'd thought about it long enough. Fun quiz though

1127 Comments. 57 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo