Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ratty

Real Name Ratty   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ratty
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 11, 2005, 20:15
Total Comments 1128 (Pro)
User ID 22908

User comment history
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 18, 2010, 20:35 Ratty

Oh Blue. Elbow grease for a nerd like you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGCx9HZwYBo

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Syfy closes Stargate Universe Dec 17, 2010, 13:28 Ratty

Well crap! Canceling Caprica was no big deal. I sort of watched it but didn't love it. But SGU was really getting interesting and I started to look forward to it on Tuesdays. You look at all the absolute shit SyFy spews and yet you've always had to give them a little credit for things like Stargate and BSG. I guess they needed that timeslot for reruns of Sharktopus and Mansquito.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Delay
24. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Delay Dec 16, 2010, 15:35 Ratty

hope they concentrate well on a great PC version with all proper platform adjustments

Ha! Good one. I just spit coffee on my keyboard. Oh, wait ... you were serious ...

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
9. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 15, 2010, 11:59 Ratty

Oh he's a Republican... from Florida.

I don't think I can refute the Florida part but Democrats haven't been any friendlier to internet freedom than Republicans have.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Announced
25. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Announced Dec 12, 2010, 18:53 Ratty

At Quakecon didn't Todd say, when asked if they were using rage;s engine for a new game that their "next announced game" would be using Gamebryo instead?

What I remember is that he said they would not be using Tech 5. I don't remember him saying specifically they would be using gamebryo. Someone should hunt up that quote and post it so everybody can spend 10 pages dissecting it. -- Oh, I see someone already did below. Never mind.

What surprises me is that they're even bothering with a new engine. If you're developing primarily for consoles why would a game ever start to "show its age" on the same hardware? Do newer console games ever really look better than old ones?

News Comments > On Sale
18. Re: On Sale Dec 10, 2010, 15:01 Ratty

While Amnesia is definitely worth more, $10 is an ideal price point for people on the fence.
Like me! I've heard so little about this game but saw a few tidbits about it here a while ago and told myself to take a closer look at it but never got around to it. This article has reminded me once again and for $10 I'm gonna go ahead and get it.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 3, 2010, 11:02 Ratty

Agreed. The corporatized media has failed to do its job. Something like Wikileaks evolving to take its place is inevitable.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 2, 2010, 13:26 Ratty

I guess I was wrong. Turns out it's not water. It's arsenic.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 2, 2010, 11:39 Ratty

Personally I think it has something to do with that Japanese probe that came back from that comet a while ago
Nah, it's probably just about water somewhere. It always comes down to water.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Islamic Video Game Rating System Announced Nov 30, 2010, 12:42 Ratty

An Onion article with that title just about writes itself, doesn't it?  

News Comments > Elder Scrolls 5 Rumor
55. Re: Elder Scrolls 5 Rumor Nov 23, 2010, 15:58 Ratty

Exact opposite here. I thought the generic fantasy setting of Oblivion was pretty boring, whereas Morrowind was pretty intriguing.
And I totally respect that opinion. I guess it's my sloped forehead that makes me prefer the more familiar I always found those plant houses soooo annoying with their narrow winding staircases where I kept getting stuck on the walls. And don't get me started on the wizard buildings - levitation required! But the big crab-shell city was pretty cool.

47. Re: Arena: The Elder Scrolls... Nov 23, 2010, 15:29 Ratty

The first Elder Scrolls game is my favorite game of all time, I still think about it from time to time.
One word: PASSWALL!!

30. Re: Elder Scrolls 5 Rumor Nov 23, 2010, 14:12 Ratty

About the new id engine, there was a posting here just a couple of days ago where Todd Howard specifically said they weren't using rage because it was best suited to smaller, more linear games while Gamebryo was best for large non-linear expansive games. You guys can stop dreaming now.  

29. Re: Elder Scrolls 5 Rumor Nov 23, 2010, 14:07 Ratty

As someone who has played every ES game since Arena (on floppy disks no less!) I decree Daggerfall was the best and buggiest of them all. It totally trashed my hard drive and I had to replace it. It was also the last of the HUGENORMOUS dungeons and dynamically generated content both of which I adored and miss bitterly in the last two sequels.

It's sacrilegious I know but I enjoyed Oblivion way more than Morrowind. Morrowind was too "weird". Oblivion had grass and trees and honest-to-god castles and medieval style hamlets. Morrowind had those stupid shopping mall cities I detested. Archery was actually a useful skill as was Alchemy (I mastered both in Oblivion, never bothered to in Morrowind). Poisons kicked ass! Combat was more visceral and realistic. Never really cared that they got rid of Unarmored and other fluff skills - tho I know people vowed to never play another Bethesda game ever AGAIN because of it. And HORSIES! You could ride HORSIES!

OK, leveled enemies and loot just totally sucked ass and damaged the game tremendously. I think they learned their lesson there. I also missed levitation a lot. I know they had to do it because cities were in their own loading zones (and how annoying is that?). I wish they'd come up with an engine that could do large detailed cities with no separate loading zone like in FarCry or something. I'm sure limitations of the XBox has a lot to do with that so it's something we'll have to live with until the next gen.

Yeah, OK, I'm doing ANOTHER Morrowind vs Oblivion post. Sue me.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 18, 2010, 11:55 Ratty

While I'm still all for legislated net neutrality it's just this sort of thing that's always made me wary of the government getting involved in the internet.  

News Comments > Bulletstorm Trailer
2. Re: Bulletstorm Trailer Nov 16, 2010, 10:55 Ratty

Hordes of enemies, hugenormous monsters, yep, it's a PCF title. I'm there!

11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2010, 19:44 Ratty

The hole in underwear was not designed to allow you to pull your dick out
Not according to Wikipedia

Briefs often feature a fly - a covered opening on the front of the garment which allows for convenience at urinals.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2010, 14:43 Ratty

This OotB is useless without pictures.  

News Comments > Halloween Safety Dance
7. Re: Halloween Safety Dance Oct 31, 2010, 22:13 Ratty

Damn, I would have bet my left nut that last item was from The Onion.  

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Patched
92. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Patched Oct 22, 2010, 15:24 Ratty

I seem to have gotten out of the starting/kiddie area, as now I'm definitely running into stuff that'll hand my ass to me at level 9 if I stray too far from the roads etc.

What I really enjoy is that Obsidian hired Jorge "Oscuro", the guy who made Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul, and his influence in the placement of monsters and such is definitely shining through.
Speaking of Oblivion, it's nice to play a Bethesda game where if you want you can go out to some very dangerous places way before you're ready and get completely owned you can. None of this nice, cozy, wilderness that never hands you more than you are comfortable with and only ever levels up when you do.

1128 Comments. 57 pages. Viewing page 30.
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo