Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ratty

Real Name Ratty   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ratty
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 11, 2005, 20:15
Total Comments 1148 (Pro)
User ID 22908

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Feb 17, 2011, 22:59 Ratty

Firefly returning to cable. BFD. Great way to get a guy's hopes up then crush them. Firefly reruns coming to cable. You oughta add that in parentheses Blue, but then I suspect you knew it would be misunderstood. Don't give me that innocent look - yes I know it's the original headline.

Anyway, I never could get into the show during its original run and I don't know why that is. I'd always mean to watch it but never did for some reason. Then I caught up on all of them on Netflix and became as huge a fan as everybody else.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: Data Jammers: FastForward - Machine Planet Feb 17, 2011, 12:25 Ratty

Looks like Guitar Hero  

News Comments > A Game of Thrones - Genesis This Summer
2. Re: A Game of Thrones - Genesis This Summer Feb 16, 2011, 11:09 Ratty

Game adaptations of anything are rarely successful. I expect this to be on par with the typical movie tie-in game. Wheel of Time was a pretty good game though so here's hoping.  

News Comments > No Bulletstorm Editor
3. Re: No Bulletstorm Editor Feb 16, 2011, 11:06 Ratty

Bah. One of the great things about Painkiller was the engine. Oh well, at least we get light shafts! Oh boy!  

News Comments > Crysis 2 Trailers
2. Re: Crysis 2 Trailers Feb 15, 2011, 11:48 Ratty

Crysis paled in comparison to Far Cry but it was still playable. From some of the things said about the leaked copy Crysis 2 has fallen even farther. I think I'll wait a bit on this one.  

News Comments > Next Assassin's Creed Reveal in May
5. Re: Next Assassin's Creed Reveal in May Feb 15, 2011, 11:46 Ratty

Fibrocyte wrote on Feb 15, 2011, 10:14:
This is a top notch console game. Are we even allowed to like console games if we read bluesnews??
You are as long as you know your place.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 14, 2011, 11:14 Ratty

As someone who pays no attention to Valentine's Day at all I gotta say I appreciated your VD-themed OotB today!  

News Comments > Commercial Dear Esther Plans
2. Re: Commercial Dear Esther Plans Feb 13, 2011, 14:12 Ratty

I thought the original was an interesting experiment and I don't want to start an old argument but was an excellent example of games as art. Don't really see it as appropriate for a commercial product but I guess I'll have to wait and see how they "bring it to a completely new level."  

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
6. Re: Morning Screenshots Feb 11, 2011, 13:44 Ratty

Creston wrote on Feb 11, 2011, 13:15:
Yeah the enchanting was kinda lame. I typically used a mod that made it far more interesting.
I'll have to check that out. I loved Enchanting in Morrowind and was real disappointed in Oblivion. I think I'll renew my vow to stay away from Skyrim for a couple of months at least until patches and mods come out. I'm finally doing OOO for Oblivion and really wish it was how I had experienced the game for the first time.

37. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 11, 2011, 11:58 Ratty

Cutter wrote on Feb 10, 2011, 21:28:
Maybe the biochemical warfare agent - aspartame - has something to do with it as well? It still boggles my mind people consume that stuff.
Oh please. That's such an old myth. The *only* place you'll see that repeated is on the various pseudoscience health sites where you'll also find screeds on how vaccines cause autism.

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
3. Re: Morning Screenshots Feb 11, 2011, 11:43 Ratty

bjack wrote on Feb 11, 2011, 10:48:
I notice Enchanting is a now a skill. Seems like a good idea for balancing.
Unlike many I didn't see much of the consolidation/simplification of stuff in Oblivion as dumbing down. Except Enchanting. Enchanting in Oblivion was brain dead.

29. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 10, 2011, 19:05 Ratty

Ant wrote on Feb 10, 2011, 18:50:
What happens when you do laundry? I would forget.
Who washes pants? Seriously, I wash my pants maybe once every couple of months.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 10, 2011, 15:20 Ratty

banddirector wrote on Feb 10, 2011, 13:34:
Our deadbolt is keyed on both sides too, but when we're home we leave a key in the inside lock to avoid any fire issues. If someone breaks in when we're home, we would definitely hear the noise
I got a house last year. When the inspector did his report he made a point to stress that when I get the house rekeyed I should NOT use the two-sided key deadbolts because it's a fire hazard. Screw him. The house is a security nightmare with glass EVERYWHERE. I'm putting in that kind of deadbolt and doing what you do - make sure there are keys in there when I'm home. If I forget and there's a fire I'll just throw myself through the glass.

OK, a year from now when I'm typing a Blues News post with scarred, fleshless burn victim hands you all have my permission to laugh good and hard.

On Edit: I apologize for unintentionally offending anyone who might be actual burn victims or who have friends or family who are.

News Comments > Tauri World Live
2. Re: Tauri World Live Feb 10, 2011, 14:31 Ratty

Saw the title and thought this must be a Stargate game.  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 10, 2011, 12:42 Ratty

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 10, 2011, 11:09:
Do you seriously keep your keys in your pockets when you are home?
I do. When I come home I put on a pair of shorts with a set of house keys in the pockets and leave my regular keys in my pants on the floor (cause I'm a slob).

But what gets me is here at work when people lock themselves out of our office and have to knock to be let in. In what universe is this happening? These are ordinary people, men and women, with pockets.

Actually Blue's is one of the few excuses that makes sense. If you have an armload of grocery's or something I can see that happening. Leaving the keys in the lock. I've done that.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 10, 2011, 10:49 Ratty

Redwood wrote on Feb 10, 2011, 10:26:
Hah! You two are hilarious. I put my keys in the same place so I don't lose them. It serves me well.
Their called pockets folks. Seriously, doesn't anybody have pockets anymore?

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
12. Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 9, 2011, 20:21 Ratty

Cartman wrote on Feb 9, 2011, 19:51:
And I agree that it's a sad day when Bluesnews has decided to add political commentary to stories about videogames.
OK, sure. But you really think Fox News is good?

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
9. Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 9, 2011, 14:48 Ratty

RoboNerd wrote on Feb 9, 2011, 09:31:
I really yearn for the old Bluesnews that didn't drive off into the political weeds with "Fox Bad" while posting more and more content from The Huffington Post. A pox on all their houses. And now back to gaming...
"Fox Bad?" Seriously, is that even a left/right political thing? Anyone here - maybe even you - think Fox News is good?

http://cloudfront.mediamatters.org/static/images/item/live-20090727.jpg

News Comments > On PC Crysis 2
9. Re: On PC Crysis 2 Feb 9, 2011, 14:16 Ratty

Interesting comment on the 3D experience. I just got a new computer but decided to just use my old monitor for now. I want to maybe get a 3D capable monitor a bit later when the technology matures and they're cheaper. But I also want to wait and see if there really is this massive wave of new 3D content coming in the future all the media companies tell us about or if it's just the latest fad to trick consumers into buying new crap.  

News Comments > E.Y.E Specs, Trailer
2. Re: E.Y.E Specs, Trailer Feb 9, 2011, 14:05 Ratty

Somehow missed hearing about this one. Looks good. I'm going to their website to find out more.  

1148 Comments. 58 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo