Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ratty

Real Name Ratty   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ratty
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 11, 2005, 20:15
Total Comments 1144 (Pro)
User ID 22908

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Mar 10, 2014, 20:03 Ratty

Waiting for Enemy Within to come down a bit.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers for Titanfall
8. Re: New GeForce Drivers for Titanfall Mar 10, 2014, 16:52 Ratty

From LP videos Titanfall looks pretty amazing. I get an adrenaline rush just watching it.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 9, 2014, 15:36 Ratty

Hhmph. You work from home. In your PJs with the bunny footies I presume. I have an office to get to at 7. I usually get up at 5 and spend an hour in a coffee shop to relax and do a crossword or two. Now I'll be getting up at what's really still 4. DST is not my friend.  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 8, 2014, 12:34 Ratty

Not enjoying Archer Vice. I miss the old days at ISIS. I'm not even bothering to watch every episodes which is BLASPHEMY. I'm trying to figure out what made the ISIS seasons better than the Vice one and I'm having a hard time. It's the same characters doing and saying the same hilarious things. On the plus side, there's a lot more Pam.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 7, 2014, 10:58 Ratty

I know the average computer user is stupid but I can't believe anyone who knows enough to prefer Firefox over IE doesn't know enough to install it themselves. I wonder how much money MS paid Dell to make IE the preferred browser?  

15. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2014, 13:39 Ratty

Capella wrote on Feb 28, 2014, 12:22:
Ah I see I am not the only one watching Gilligan's Island reruns on TVLand these days.
The episode where Maryann thinks she's Ginger is on my DVR waiting to be watched.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2014, 13:20 Ratty

Blue wrote on Feb 28, 2014, 11:26:
An egg cream is a beverage consisting of milk, and soda water as well as vanilla or chocolate syrup, and is especially associated with Brooklyn, home of its alleged inventor, late 19th-century candy store owner Louis Auster. Most modern versions of the drink contain neither eggs nor cream.
Mmm. That does sound tasty. Let me just ring for my servants. Oh Barclay ... be a chap and whip us up one of your egg crémes.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2014, 11:05 Ratty

Egg creams. Oo la la. Aren't we hoity toity today. I have no idea what egg creams are but it sounds like something Thurston and Lovey would be sipping.  

News Comments > Minecraft Movie Plans
10. Re: Minecraft Movie Plans Feb 28, 2014, 10:56 Ratty

Totally disagree with you guys. I think a live action movie with the cubic landscape and creatures would be awesome. I'm thinking something like Tron. I really would have no interest in seeing yet another all cgi-movie.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 24, 2014, 12:37 Ratty

Loved the Whole Foods article. Absolutely nailed it. I hate hate HATE WF with a passion. Mostly because it's so outrageously, needlessly expensive. The owner's politics is pretty awful, and just like the article says, it dangles pseudoscience in front of the elite educated masses and they lap it up like a dog on shit.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
12. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 19, 2014, 12:46 Ratty

Simon Says wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 10:42:
2 out of 3 paid for propaganda articles in one metaverse post, this is getting bad.
Both opinions in the second article are by libertarians. Certainly consistent with their philosophy: the government shouldn't legislate; let the magic finger of the free market sort things out. If you don't like what Comcast/Verizon is doing you can simply choose another ISP. Ha ha.

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: Into the Black Feb 18, 2014, 20:30 Ratty

What a brutal few days. I don't post a lot but suddently I wanted to post all over the place and couldn't! Comments go down same week as a big Thief gameplay trailer, same week as Irrational bites the dust ... I was jonesin' to read some comments to see what I think about it all. If I didn't know better I'd say Blue staged these little outages to make us appreciate him more. Mission accomplished! Well played sir. Well played.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 7, 2014, 19:21 Ratty

Shoulda got out of his car and walked around in there a bit first. See if there's a cockpit and pilots or something.  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Thief; New Trailer Released
27. Re: Gone Gold - Thief; New Trailer Released Feb 4, 2014, 11:43 Ratty

Creston wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 10:55:
Ratty wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 10:50:
Maybe it will be an enjoyable game in the same vein as DX:IW and DX:HR - neither worthy of the Deus Ex name but enjoyable in their own right.

How dare you put IW and HR in the same category!

How dare you, sir?!
Really, I rather liked IW. Even more than HR. I know, unified ammo, micro-sized maps, annoying circular UI, but nonetheless some of the levels were damn good. Made you forget the flaws.

Then again I kinda sorta liked Daikatana too, so what do I know?

PC Gaming > 4K monitors
3. Re: 4K monitors Feb 4, 2014, 11:01 Ratty

Thanks Sepharo. That doesn't surprise me about a TV where you sit much farther away than a monitor. It also occurred to me that 4Ks are often larger than normal HD monitors. I don't think 1080 would look so good on a larger screen, but from your experience with your friend's TV they might look as good or better than on a standard HD screen of the same size.  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Thief; New Trailer Released
16. Re: Gone Gold - Thief; New Trailer Released Feb 4, 2014, 10:50 Ratty

I've been very grumpy and pessimistic about this but the last trailer I saw gave me a glimmer of hope. Maybe it will be an enjoyable game in the same vein as DX:IW and DX:HR - neither worthy of the Deus Ex name but enjoyable in their own right. This won't be Thief but there could be worse things than a Dishonored clone.  

PC Gaming > 4K monitors
1. 4K monitors Feb 3, 2014, 10:51 Ratty

I'm thinking about 4K monitors. When I got my latest PC I saved the monitor from my last PC but now I'm thinking of getting a new one. For some of the photographic work I do I could really benefit a lot from a 4K monitor, but I don't want it to impact my gaming. I'm not ready to invest in multiple graphics cards yet so I know I'm not going to be playing the latest games in 4K. Here's my question: since the vertical and horizontal resolutions are exactly twice standard HD, can I play games at 1920x1080 on a 4K and get the same quality as I get with my current standard HD monitor? Anyone have a 4K? Any gotchas I haven't thought about? Is it best to wait another year or so?  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 31, 2014, 13:36 Ratty

Microsoft may have wanted to push touch computing to the masses in Windows 8, but the reality is that users have voiced clear concerns over the interface on desktop PCs.
Bullshit. Microsoft wanted to push their tablets and phones to the masses and used their OS purely as a marketing tool to do so.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 24, 2014, 10:04 Ratty

I think of all the LP channels I follow on Youtube I wouldn't be upset with a single one of them if they disclosed the game they were playing was sponsored. I already know they get paid for views and am behind them 100%. Some of them ask for sponsorship from their viewers and give shoutouts to those sponsors in their videos and that's actually clever and fun. I wish these contracts didn't preclude revealing they are being paid though. That's the only sucky part about the whole situation. I don't mind that companies have a non-disparaging clause. That makes total sense. I hope it doesn't extend to videos beyond the one being sponsored though. Like, do they say you can't say anything bad about XBox in any other video for 6 months or something like that?

I think Blue should have a sponsored article section. I'd click on those (as long as it doesn't mean an end to his snarky comments in other parts of the page!)

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 10, 2014, 11:51 Ratty

I made a meat sauce last weekend too. I have an OK quick 30-minute meat sauce I usually turn to but wanted to try a slow-cooked variety for the first time. Didn't turn out so well. The recipe involves browning the shit out of the meat - till it's almost crispy. But I think I ended up burning it a bit as it has a funny taste. So back to the drawing board for me.  

1144 Comments. 58 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo