Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ratty

Real Name Ratty   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ratty
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 11, 2005, 20:15
Total Comments 1111 (Pro)
User ID 22908

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Jan 23, 2012, 20:23 Ratty

Monty Python was real big among my friends in high school. They'd show up in the morning spouting all the latest lines they'd seen in quivering british old lady voices. For some reason I could never get into it. It was just not funny to me.

But I DO remember this particular clip and always thought it was hilarious.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition Trailer
11. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition Trailer Jan 19, 2012, 16:04 Ratty

Cutter wrote on Jan 19, 2012, 14:48:
Yeah OWB was the best. However, I haven't got Lonesome Road yet, was that any good?
It was shorter than the previous two and little more monotonous - and VERY linear. But I'm still glad I bought it at full price. Definitely get it if you find it on sale.

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition Trailer
4. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition Trailer Jan 19, 2012, 14:42 Ratty

Played the last three. Honest Hearts and Old World Blues were the best. Very meaty and satisfying for DLC. Bethesda says there won't be any expansions for Skyrim. That's a shame but I can live with DLC only if it's on par with New Vegas's.  

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Parties Like It's 1999
10. Re: BioShock Infinite Parties Like It's 1999 Jan 19, 2012, 13:43 Ratty

This is promising. A compromise between "accessible" and "old school." By default, dumb the game down to the lowest common console player but give users the option to play it with more depth and consequence. I hope it's a trend that catches on.

It's hard to say exactly what they're doing but the first thing that comes to mind is once you choose an augmentation you're stuck with it - like the original Deus Ex. If you examine the quote, 1999 mode might not be anything more than that: irreversible augmentation. Oh, the baseline health thing might just mean no regenerating health too.

If that's all it is, I think it's funny how alarming the quote makes it sound. An especially demanding experience, sweat out the consequences. Don't do this unless you're REALLY sure!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 10, 2012, 15:24 Ratty

nin wrote on Jan 10, 2012, 15:00:
Ratty wrote on Jan 10, 2012, 13:23:
Pink Snoballs rul!

My father loved those.

I bet your father and I would get along famously. Never was a twinky guy myself. I'd maybe pick up a pack of powdered mini donuts on rare occasion. But I can eat 5 packs of pink Snoballs in one sitting easy. Hmmm, wonder if this means we won't be seeing the green ones come St. Patricks?

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 10, 2012, 13:23 Ratty

Pink Snoballs rul!  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 3, 2012, 16:14 Ratty

Cutter wrote on Jan 3, 2012, 14:18:
Some good sales at GMG today.
Great timing. As of today I'm officially bored with Skyrim but don't have anything else to play. Thinking of getting into Minecraft.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: A game devs thoughts Dec 29, 2011, 11:42 Ratty

Jeez, I wish I could find it now. I read an interview with Ken Rolston after his retirement and though he was cordial I couldn't help taking away the impression he was much unhappy with Bethesda's new direction of RPGs for the masses. He was never critical in the interview but he did say something along the lines of "Apparently voice acting is what all the kids want nowdays."

Voice acting is such a two-edged sword. On the one hand it really does make the game come alive. Yes, I loved that Oblivion introduced all spoken dialog. On the other hand, it's obvious: as the author states, voice acting is crippling to the AI. Without voice acting Skyrim could be an entirely different game with a whole new level of immersion. But I'd sure hate to see it go. Having partially spoken dialog like Morrowind just wouldn't do it for me though.

Ah, just looked it up again and found a reference in Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Elder_Scrolls_IV:_Oblivion#Audio

News Comments > Trion Breached
8. Re: Trion Breached Dec 23, 2011, 12:23 Ratty

JohnBirshire wrote on Dec 23, 2011, 11:56:
Keeping your SS# and your bank account information safe is important, credit card info is irrelevant.
I sure wish they had a system for SSNs like they do for credit cards. I.e., they're only stored with SSI which issues tokens only for those who need it.

Anyway, reading the story again, since all that was potentially compromised were the first and last four digits, they probably WERE using a token system already. I still think what they did store was more than they needed though.

6. Re: Trion Breached Dec 23, 2011, 11:54 Ratty

MxxCon wrote on Dec 23, 2011, 11:28:
Ratty wrote on Dec 23, 2011, 11:12:
There is no excuse for storing credit card numbers in any form on website, encrypted or not, last four digits or not. You'd think with all the press about break ins companies would get the message.
how would they handle subscriptions then?
You store a token assigned by the credit card company.

2. Re: Trion Breached Dec 23, 2011, 11:12 Ratty

There is no excuse for storing credit card numbers in any form on website, encrypted or not, last four digits or not. You'd think with all the press about break ins companies would get the message.  

1. Comic Book Marriage Proposal Dec 22, 2011, 11:12 Ratty

My gaydar just went off.  

News Comments > Grateful Dead Game Next Year
6. Re: Grateful Dead Game Next Year Dec 21, 2011, 17:20 Ratty

I played the Kiss game many years back. It was pretty good.  

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: Skyrim Viking video Dec 12, 2011, 15:03 Ratty

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 12, 2011, 14:13:
Actually he sounds more middle eastern....playing a viking...and doesn't sound like his first language is English. Which is glaring by the vast amounts of swearing he does. Very juvenile.

oh, audio NSFW on that....
I thought he said he was Swedish in the video? I know, not exactly Viking but pretty fucking goddam close.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: Skyrim Viking video Dec 12, 2011, 11:50 Ratty

Shok wrote on Dec 12, 2011, 10:30:
Congratulations you are now a badass. You will get all the titties and nipples in the world.

I didn't think I could watch that whole 8 minute video but that guy is hilarious!
Pretty awesome, and I think we can trust his advice cause it sounds like he's a real viking. Course I already put a lot of points in my smitting. Now I'm tempted to do my next playthrough using only unarmed.

News Comments > Unused System Shock Items Detailed
3. Re: Unused System Shock Items Detailed Dec 10, 2011, 14:26 Ratty

The original System Shock, Fallout, Ultima - those were games I really regret not ever having played in their time.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 2, 2011, 11:31 Ratty

Yes, and thanks. I just caught your cold today.  

News Comments > Skyrim Patched
68. Re: Skyrim Patched Dec 1, 2011, 15:28 Ratty

Creston wrote on Dec 1, 2011, 15:21:
Ratty wrote on Dec 1, 2011, 15:07:

2. Moving service.
Yes, it's super convenient but I HATE that crappy hovel in Whiterun (though it's much nicer now that I figured out how to get rid of that harpy Lydia - all that "my lord" talk, I KNOW she's just being a sarcastic bitch). I have enough septims to buy another house someplace nicer but the thought of moving ALL my heavy crap makes me ill.

Bethesda will sell this to you for the low price of $19.99. What the DLC does is activate the console and type "tgm"! Oh, and the DLC will also make all bandits attack with shovels rather than weapons.

Creston
Console commands are cheating while exploits aren't. That's my motto Then again, if I PAID Bethesda to do it for me then maybe that wouldn't be cheating.

News Comments > Skyrim Patched
65. Re: Skyrim Patched Dec 1, 2011, 15:07 Ratty

Hey, I just thought of the perfect DLCs:

1. Dog armor.
Through enchanting I got my Ebony Bow up to 270 damage which is INSANE. One shot kills 99% of the time. And I could get it even higher if I maxed out my Smithing. Ditto my glass armor. Anyway, I gifted Faendal with his own super bow and armor and he's now a killing machine (I made a big deal of gifting it to him, but he just stood there - sheesh, a little gratitude would be nice). But poor Stray Dog feels left out. C'mon Bethesda. How about a little dog love? Eeew, that didn't sound right ...

2. Moving service.
Yes, it's super convenient but I HATE that crappy hovel in Whiterun (though it's much nicer now that I figured out how to get rid of that harpy Lydia - all that "my lord" talk, I KNOW she's just being a sarcastic bitch). I have enough septims to buy another house someplace nicer but the thought of moving ALL my heavy crap makes me ill. So we need a DLC that adds a new house modification option that you can buy: moving your old crap. Yes, I know the exploit that lets you force your companion to carry way more than he's built for but I thought it'd be fun to wait around between 11 AM and 2 for the moving guys to show up, check for missing or broken items when they finish the job and spend a couple of weeks writing letters of complaint to the company demanding payment for the damage.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 30, 2011, 15:23 Ratty

I played for about an hour before work this morning (5-6 AM PST - no issues). Will it do any good to play offline tonight or has the patch already been applied? Does it only patch when I restart Steam because lately I've been leaving Steam going and putting the computer in sleep mode. Haven't restarted Steam for a few days now.  

1111 Comments. 56 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo