Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ratty

Real Name Ratty   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ratty
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 11, 2005, 20:15
Total Comments 1153 (Pro)
User ID 22908

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Dishonored Trailer
1. Re: Dishonored Trailer Jul 26, 2012, 20:40 Ratty

Seeing as how Thief 4 is gonna suck, this looks like the next best thing.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 26, 2012, 10:51 Ratty

Who else always pronounces "wafer thin" with a heavy french accent?  

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Jul 25, 2012, 19:06 Ratty

Nice to have an early evening update. Now I can goof off while I'm still at work.  

News Comments > Skyrim Beta Patch
21. Re: Skyrim Beta Patch Jul 24, 2012, 10:27 Ratty

Verno wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 09:58:
Dawnguard is supposed to be pretty bad so I think the exclusivity just saved PC gamers money, worked out well
I'm bored. I'll probably get it anyway. I never was into the whole being a vampire thing in ES so wasn't too excited when this was announced. I could get into being a vampire hunter though. From what I read that's by far the better way to go with this DLC.

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Day Nine
34. Re: Steam Summer Sale Day Nine Jul 21, 2012, 05:23 Ratty

Prez wrote on Jul 20, 2012, 18:10:
Ahh, got it. It would be slightly more likely that I might one day make use of them if any old card bought anywhere would do. As it is, I don't ever see myself walking into a Gamestop. All the kids would think "The old man must be lost!"
So funny. That's EXACTLY how I feel when I go there too!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 19, 2012, 17:20 Ratty

Fang wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 17:13:
PHJF wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 11:42:
I always have a fan pointing at my bed when I sleep, even in winter.

Are you suicidal!?!?

Are you Korean?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_death

Wow! I'd never heard of that one either. It's official. Blues News has saved my life!

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 19, 2012, 11:14 Ratty

I really hate the heat. I often feel hot when everyone else (women mostly of course) is cold. I always have a fan pointing at my bed when I sleep, even in winter. That said I feel so lucky we haven't had a single hot day here in the Bay Area all summer. Sucks for my garden but I could have it this way every year.  

News Comments > Steam Sale Day Seven
9. Re: Steam Sale Day Seven Jul 18, 2012, 17:58 Ratty

Caladell wrote on Jul 18, 2012, 17:31:
Ratty wrote on Jul 18, 2012, 16:59:
Anybody know if the Thief collection will play on 64-bit multicore Windows 7?

Go Here

Here's an excellent thread to help with the Thief games. I've installed the fixes for T1 &T2, but haven't tried it for T3, as I don't have that one on steam. Anyway, it works great. Playing T1 with no problems.
Thanks. I've been through it getting it to play in XP with hyperthreading before but heard it was more difficult with Win7 x64. I was kinda hoping Steam somehow magically made those issues disappear.

News Comments > Steam Sale Day Seven
3. Re: Steam Sale Day Seven Jul 18, 2012, 16:59 Ratty

Anybody know if the Thief collection will play on 64-bit multicore Windows 7?  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 6, 2012, 12:23 Ratty

3 different computers between work and home, 1 with Windows XP, 2 with Windows 7. And not one of them has ever been able to play any Vimeo videos. Neither MSIE or Firefox. What's up with that?

I guess the anti-downloading thing is why people seem to be using it more.

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Confirmed
19. Re: Steam Summer Sale Confirmed Jul 6, 2012, 12:19 Ratty

Last game I bought was Skyrim. In my old age 99% of the games out there don't interest me. Hey you games! Get off my lawn!

But I'm pretty bored lately so I think I'll pick up: Portal 2, Serious Sam 3, Maybe Bulletstorm but I'm gonna look for a demo first for that. Hell, I might even pick up Rage.

I hope they're on sale.

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
1. Re: Evening Screenshots Jul 5, 2012, 22:04 Ratty

I kinda forgot about this game but I remember it looked like a return to the when SS was good and not at all like SS2 and I thought about getting it. But then strangely I've heard almost nothing about it since its release. So what is the consensus? Was it any good?  

News Comments > Independence Day Metaverse
3. Re: Independence Day Metaverse Jul 4, 2012, 12:34 Ratty

I guess I use iGoogle. I just like a bunch of news feeds on my google start page. I think I started doing that a few years back then they started calling it iGoogle or something and now they're not. Big whoop de doo.  

2. Beer can chicken Jul 1, 2012, 15:42 Ratty

Loved the article debunking beer can chicken. I've made a LOT of really bad chicken, but my beer can chicken is the best I have ever made. Perfectly juicy with a crisp skin done to perfection. But I've always been skeptical of the beer part of the equation, believing like the article it's merely the upright baking position that makes it great. I've tried a couple of vertical chicken roasters but it's hard to find one that keeps the chicken solidly upright and doesn't let it slump back down. The large size beer can shape and size is perfect for the task.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2012, 14:14 Ratty

nin wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 13:36:
Man! Where the hell is my steam summer sale?! I need to add another 20-30 unplayed games to my list, pronto!

Waiting as well. I'm finally ready to give Portal 2 a go.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: No more fast forward Jun 20, 2012, 20:20 Ratty

I knew this was coming. Comcast has disabled fast forwarding on some of their VOD network shows for a couple of months now. The day they do it for shows saved on my DVR is the day I quit cable. But, in light of the previous article on Netflix stealing viewers away from VOD, it's hard to see this happening. But then again, when you have a virtual monopoly and own a network or two ...  

News Comments > Blizzard on Cheating
19. Re: Blizzard on Cheating Jun 11, 2012, 20:27 Ratty

Fletch wrote on Jun 11, 2012, 17:29:
There is no cheating in Diablo III. The online requirement and securing of key player, game, and runtime files behind Blizzard's digital redoubt have rendered the possibility of cheating ridiculous.
+1 for the use of the term "digital redoubt"

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 6, 2012, 11:55 Ratty

PropheT wrote on Jun 6, 2012, 11:40:
... especially Peter Dinklage, who actually manages to make Tyrion as good in the show as he is in the books, if not better.
Peter Dinklage is the only reason it's still on my DVD waiting to be watched. I read the books and loved them but it was so long ago I remember almost nothing about them. So the TV series is basically brand new to me. Really, I think the thing that bothers me is everyone is so damn evil and I basically don't like anybody (except Tyrion). Every time Joffrey has a scene I want to turn it off.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 6, 2012, 11:23 Ratty

Seen that quantum space propulsion thing around the web lately and it's typical nonscience crap.
"By moving the plates (which are made of silicon), energy is created out of nothing and a net force is created which would be used to push, pull or propel a spacecraft."
Right up there with perpetual motion and spinning magnet antigravity. I can only guess it's getting so much attention because she's Egyptian and a *gasp* GIRL.

As for Game of Thrones, I still just can't get into it. I have the whole season on DVR at this point and can't make myself watch it. I love fantasy and scifi so this is quite puzzling to me.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 1, 2012, 12:58 Ratty

Silicon Avatar wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 12:34:
California seems like it'd be more fun to visit than live in.
The thing I like about living in California is there is all types of country here: rural, forests, mountains, deserts, busy metropolitan areas, tiny secluded hamlets. So if I want a change of pace it's never too long a drive away. Southern California, I love to visit it and always have a blast when I'm there (I adopt my naughty "vacation persona") but wow, I could not imagine anything worse than living there.

So excited for you Blue that you get to stay in your lifelong home. But I imagine now that's almost as scary as moving would have been - unless they make that Don Corleone offer or they manage to find a place for MrsBlue in NY.

1153 Comments. 58 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo