Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ratty

Real Name Ratty   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ratty
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 11, 2005, 20:15
Total Comments 1147 (Pro)
User ID 22908

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
33. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 2, 2012, 18:50 Ratty

Keith wrote on Nov 2, 2012, 18:35:
It should be noted that George stated he won't make any more any more Star Wars films. So, if nothing else, we will get to see more. And as a product of the Star Wars-era, almost anything is better than nothing. He is reportedly a bit of a tightwad over the extended universe, too, keeping the reins close on what can be done and how. I fully respect canon, but can also appreciate a little artistic license. I want to see some super-star destroyers ripping an alliance fleet to pieces while swarms of fighters pour around the battlefield, blowing ships and esape capsules out of the proverbial sky.
While I agree that I haven't thought any recent SW games were worth a damn and they don't seem to be commercially successful, it is stil the Star Wars universe. Any reasonably competent nit-wit should be able to make a SW game that sells well because it is fun and has super-star destroyers. Or AT-ATs. Or both. And as we all know, SW has proven to be a cash cow. Therefore, someone will figure it out and we will see a new SW game. So says Nostradamus.
Edit: URL to NY Times article about George not making any more SW films was too long. Going to have to find it yourself.
I just read an interview with Mark Hamill yesterday (might even have been a Blues News article) where he said he and Carrie Fisher had lunch with George a year ago where he told them he was going to make the next three Star Wars movies, or at least his studio was going to do it under the direction of the Katherine woman who is in charge. So his studio was making plans to do them at least as recently as a year ago.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
16. Re: Op Ed Nov 2, 2012, 13:42 Ratty

It's so amazing the complete lack of shock and horror you'd expect from such a major beloved franchise begin taken over by Disney. Telling, isn't it? Disney could hardly do worse than old George did himself.  

News Comments > BioShock Infinite CEs Detailed
8. Re: BioShock Infinite CEs Detailed Oct 18, 2012, 12:22 Ratty

wtf_man wrote on Oct 18, 2012, 11:09:
Standing on it's own merit... I guess I would classify it as a mediocre shooter... but I was expecting them to fulfill their claim of making a "spiritual successor to System Shock" and was extremely disappointed.
I'm playing Bioshock 1 again after quite a while being away from it and I must say I'm enjoying it a lot more than I remember the first time I played it. I find myself appreciating the things that make it the spiritual successor to SS it claims to be. There are so many radically different ways you can solve a problem and within any level it's generally non-linear. I think the first time I played it I was disappointed by the whole console vibe but I guess I'm used to that in modern games now so it doesn't even bother me. I'm tempted to say I like it almost as much as SS2.

Next up, Bioshock 2. But I'm thinking I won't like that as much as Bioshock 1.

News Comments > More "Dragonborn" Skyrim DLC Hints
9. Re: More Oct 17, 2012, 14:31 Ratty

dj LiTh wrote on Oct 17, 2012, 12:31:
I want a real expansion pack, not these mod quality size DLC's
Bethesda has said there wouldn't be expansions for Skyrim, unlike Morrowind and Oblivion. Only DLCs. I thought the later DLCs for Fallout: New Vegas were pretty good and meaty. If we could get a few like those for Skyrim I'd be OK with that. Now that I think about it the first DLC for F:NV was pretty weak too.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 15, 2012, 18:57 Ratty

Here's to Blue! I probably would have been promoted at work twice by now if I wasn't always wasting my time visiting the site to see what's new and read the latest comments. So thanks for that, Blue.  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 11, 2012, 12:35 Ratty

Aw, I was kind of looking forward to the Munster's reboot and seeing Brian Fuller's twist on it. I loved Pushing Daisies. Now it turns out it won't be a series after all. Maybe when I see the pilot they're airing I'll know why.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - The Elders Scrolls V: Skyrim - Hearthfire
7. Re: Steamships Ahoy - The Elders Scrolls V: Skyrim - Hearthfire Oct 4, 2012, 22:32 Ratty

I know what you mean. Dawnguard was worth the price but just barely. Passing on this one too.  

News Comments > Painkiller Hell & Damnation Not Rated for Germany
1. Re: Painkiller Hell & Damnation Not Rated for Germany Oct 3, 2012, 20:10 Ratty

Somebody talk me down. I'm thinking of getting this. I should learn my lesson by now.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 1, 2012, 10:49 Ratty

My roommate in college was terribly proud of his CD collection and at the same time terribly embarassed at the small fortune he paid to accumulate it. It was like 30 or 40 CDs or something like that. I guess they were really expensive back then. He had them all lined up on the shelf in alphabetical order or something and god help you if you ever touched one of the jewel cases and left a fingerprint or god forbid touch the CD itself.

He kept giving me mix tapes which I had to pretend to listen to.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 30, 2012, 16:16 Ratty

Cutter wrote on Sep 30, 2012, 14:15:
How on earth this guy was the Copyright Register boggles the midn and shows just how fucked up government is.
That was in 1985. That should give you a clue.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2012, 12:38 Ratty

When the dr said to cut down on salt I had to forgo my twice weekly hot pastrami sandwich. So enjoy!  

15. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 28, 2012, 14:39 Ratty

Creston wrote on Sep 28, 2012, 14:03:
Reading the TNG article just really makes me sad to think they cancelled that show for make room for the horseshit that was Voyager. I've been watching Voyager on Amazon Prime, and it's just staggering how much worse of a show it is than TNG. The only really interesting episodes are the ones where people die and the whole ship gets destroyed, but you know that the big fat reset button will get hit at the end of the episode, and everything's back to normal in the next. Ugh.

Fuck you, Rick Berman and Brannon Braga. Fuck you, fuck you, FUCK YOU!

Creston

Yeah, so everyone's going to hate me now but I loved Voyager and couldn't ever get into Deep Space 9. Voyager wasn't perfect (they really castrated the Borg and introduced then ruined Species 8472) but I still loved watching it.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 28, 2012, 10:38 Ratty

Six months after my move I decided to let the cat out finally and he disappeared. Two days later I get a call from the old landlady that the cat had turned up there, almost 2 miles away. This is across a pretty busy city with some majorly busy streets.

I still have no idea how he could have done that. I read someplace they have an innate sense of time and a memory for the position of the sun and that's how they navigate.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Sep 24, 2012, 20:12 Ratty

Losing the remote has to be literally the worst thing ever. In the universe. I get the shakes man, I get the shakes ...  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 23, 2012, 19:55 Ratty

Cutter wrote on Sep 23, 2012, 18:37:
Yeah, now that we're into fall it's definitely time to make some chili!
The chili turned out OK this time - not scorched, no weird taste - but it sure is boring. It's hot enough, it's just boring. Maybe some tomato paste next time to zest it up. I'm gonna look up Blue's recipe. I know I have it around here someplace.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 23, 2012, 14:03 Ratty

I'm trying a new chili recipe today (a variation of one from ATK) that turned out bad when I first tried it last week. I think I scorched it and it tasted awful. But even though scorched I could tell it was way too mild so today I'm adding more super hot chipotles and a few more teaspoons of cayenne. There was only one time I ever made chili too hot - I called it Angry Chili because I went and made it mad. So I'm tempting fate again.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
11. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 19, 2012, 20:19 Ratty

Bah. Has nothing to do with Islam. If our histories were exactly the same except they were Christian and we were Muslim they'd still be the violent woman-beating nutcases. The Bible is all over killing heretics and blasphemers. The Koran? Nada.

As much as I hate to side with those who are egging this stuff on nobody has a right not to be offended (who said that?). They can pass whatever fucktard laws they want in their own hellhole countries but don't be trying to tell us what we can and can't say here in the west.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 18, 2012, 20:35 Ratty

Prez wrote on Sep 18, 2012, 17:08:
BobBob wrote on Sep 18, 2012, 14:29:
Netflix and Hulu are useless. I can get all the latest movies and TV shows for free on DVD at the library.

I don't even have a DVD player in my house. And the closest library to me is 8 miles away. Not to mention Hulu is predominantly for TV shows, both classic and modern (a day after they air). Those aren't on DVD's at the library.

I love Netflix. Its biggest troubles can be laid squarely at the feet of movie and TV studios who overr-charge them for streaming licenses in order to put them out of business because they are a competitor, and they have a model that actually gives the customer what they want.
This. Comcast owns NBC and they have their own moneymaking VOD scheme so they are content-owners in direct competition with Netflix plus Netflix is beholden to them to carry their streams. As net neutrality gets increasingly watered down I see trouble ahead.

I'm thinking the studios want to get their own content delivery schemes set up now. Think of Netflix as Steam: they were the first and they had time to improve it into something people really love and the movie studios are the Blizzards and EA Origins starting to hawk their own crappy services. Too late to the party but they'll just take their ball and go home if people don't play by their rules.

News Comments > Black Mesa Released
34. Re: Black Mesa Released Sep 14, 2012, 14:52 Ratty

Verno wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 14:36:
ledhead1969 wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 14:20:
Has Revolution started? Is it terrible?

Haha oh dear, well you asked! They aired the pilot on the web a few days ago and it is fucking terrible.
That's a shame. I read a review this morning where they compared it favorably to Terra Nova and Falling Skies (as in, those two shows are worse) but without the hokey, fake family drama. You know, the rebellious son who comes to accept and love his father. I hate that contrived shit.

By basic science foundations do you mean like "if all electricity stopped working why don't they die on account of our nerves and brains use electricity?" which I don't care about - sufficiently advanced technology being indistinguishable and all that. Or something more egregious?

News Comments > Black Mesa Released
8. Re: Black Mesa Released Sep 14, 2012, 13:14 Ratty

nin wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 13:05:
Somebody page mad max! I need more tears!

Mad Max RW wrote on Sep 19, 2005:
Over-ambitious mod teams that will NEVER EVER EVER be released... Case in point, Black Mesa: Source. There's a better chance of seeing Half Life 6 before this sorry heap.

Oh snap! Seriously though, what is this guy's problem?

1147 Comments. 58 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo