Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ratty

Real Name Ratty   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ratty
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 11, 2005, 20:15
Total Comments 1144 (Pro)
User ID 22908

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Dishonored DLC Trailer
14. Re: Dishonored DLC Trailer Dec 6, 2012, 14:23 Ratty

Cutter wrote on Dec 6, 2012, 12:44:
Enh, it was a decent game overall but it wasn't quite a Thief, DX, Bioshock.
And Bioshock was no System Shock 2. Still it was a good game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dishonored DLC Trailer
4. Re: Dishonored DLC Trailer Dec 6, 2012, 11:56 Ratty

OK, lots of good impressions on Blues about Dishonored so I guess this will fill up my time for my upcoming two-week Xmas vacation. It's probably too soon to hope for some kind of holiday sale though, right? Just finished replaying Fallout 3 this time with all the DLC I hadn't gotten before so I'm casting around for something new until then. Maybe I'll get around to finishing Starcraft 2.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 21, 2012, 11:54 Ratty

A cable industry lobbyist on why cable companies have stick it to the consumer. Yeah, I'm real interested to read that.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2012, 14:14 Ratty

Cutter wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 13:12:
Hope this final Riddick flick kicks ass. I really hope we get to see wtf the Underverse actually is.
I never really gave Vin Diesel a second thought until I played Butcher Bay. A pretty awesome game, even for a console to PC port. After that I'm kind of a fan of his I guess. For no other reason than he bucked the trend of terrible movie to game adaptations and gave us something pretty darn good from his own company.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2012, 11:52 Ratty

Congrats on the physical. Aren't you, like, all skinny or something? I'm fat and I dread my physical. Not because I'm afraid of the results but because of the sad tsk tsk face my doctor will make.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
6. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 17, 2012, 12:34 Ratty

Bet wrote on Nov 17, 2012, 12:12:
Ratty wrote on Nov 17, 2012, 06:09:
New Xbox: It's just rumor but if true 8 gigs of RAM is good news for PC gamers.
16 times more RAM than currently used?! Console gamers' eyes will tell them they're seeing the face of God!
I do hope it isn't for some delux edition or something with "starter" editions having considerably less. We'd be faced with developers designing for the lowest common denominator once more.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 17, 2012, 06:09 Ratty

New Xbox: It's just rumor but if true 8 gigs of RAM is good news for PC gamers.  

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Nov 16, 2012, 14:54 Ratty

NegaDeath wrote on Nov 16, 2012, 12:29:
I choose not to shop at Walmart, for both moral reasons and for the dislike of the general atmosphere of the place. People often ask me why I hate that store so much, the better question is why they don't hate it. Wretched hive of scum and villainy indeed.
I have to agree except for the part about not shopping there. I can't help it. I only do it about twice a year and always feel guilty but for some reason I enjoy it, secretly and self-loathingly.

There is a guy I work with, a real liberal anti-corporate save-the-trees hipster type. The kind who would never be caught dead in a place like Walmart. But who should I catch shopping there with his mother about 5 cities over from where we work? Oh the big grin on my face when I tapped him on the shoulder. To this day it's my little blackmail morsel. Whenever the subject of megastores comes up I make sure and wonder aloud what kind of losers would shop there, always staring right at him.

News Comments > Deus Ex Film Director & Writer
19. Re: Deus Ex Film Director & Writer Nov 16, 2012, 10:37 Ratty

I'm thinking they won't call it Deus Ex. Who wants to see a movie they can't pronounce? Maybe it'll be a subtitle: Super Robot Explosion: Deus Ex.  

16. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 14, 2012, 15:10 Ratty

Cutter wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 14:57:
Heh, she's supposedly a real sweetheart but her son Joe is a different story. The guy knows his wine however. If you want to learn it he wrote the the book on it Vino Italiano, excellent stuff. Yeah, Rick Bayless is weird though. However we have virtually no latin food up here - and what there is isn't very good - so his show is the closest I get to it outside of trips to the US.
I treat my TV chefs like championship wrestlers. Some you root for and others you hate for no particular good reason. I like Chris Kimble but his lips freak me out. Ever take a good look at them? Oversized but flat against his mouth like a wrinkled octopus sucker. Joanne Weir dreams up her recipes off the top of her head and they are always shi shi nouveau fusion gross. She puts arugula on EVERYTHING. I thought I'd tune in and see her take on pizza. Guess what she put on it? Then there's her magic marker smeared on Norma Desmond eyebrows. How can I trust anybody's recipes who looks like that? The only cook I can't find some flaw with is Jacques Pepin who always seems like such a genuine nice guy, though I almost never try any of his recipes.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 14, 2012, 14:52 Ratty

Cutter wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 12:23:
Jose Andreas: Made in Spain, Two Greedy Italians, Rick Bayless' Mexico, Lidia Bastinich, et al. Two Greedy Italians and Jose Andreas are definitely my faves atm.
Bayless seems like a weirdo, Lidia is just plain evil looking with her creepy arched eyebrows and butch haircut, and her hulking mafioso son scares me whenever he lumbers onto her show. I bet she beats her crew, I just bet you she does.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 14, 2012, 11:04 Ratty

Love the Guy Fieri review. The guy always seemed to drip douchebag. I love to watch cooking shows but most TV chefs rub me the wrong way. Can't stand Bobby Flay, or any of the Food Network chefs (now that Alton Brown is gone). But I do love many of the PBS chefs: Pepin, Kimball, Julia of course.  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2012, 16:35 Ratty

Cutter wrote on Nov 9, 2012, 14:30:
All the Space 1999 episodes are up on Youtube. And so are all the Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom! I like the good people at Mutual of Omaha. Marlin Perkins was a big part of my childhood.
I remember MoO. It was a Sunday ritual in my house. On a B&W TV!

I got the BluRay Season 1 of Space 1999. Totally worth it. I have UFO on DVD but haven't gotten around to watching it. I'm thinking of getting The Invaders (A Quinn Martin production!) too. I loved that show. It's in my top 5 all time favorite TV Sci Fi list. It's on Youtube too but it deserves its own purchase and place of honor on my shelf.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2012, 14:09 Ratty

Cutter wrote on Nov 9, 2012, 12:35:
Look at that Sci-Fi Airshow....stare at it!!!
Just awesome. Utter awesome. The Eagle is my all-time favorite sci-fi spaceship. Followed by the Hawk. I had to click on the Liberty 2 Lander to find out where I had seen it before. It looked familiar but I couldn't place it. D'oh! Of course!

72. Re: How Videos Go Viral Nov 6, 2012, 17:21 Ratty

Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 6, 2012, 17:04:
And here is the major issue in this election: You all are arguing over Obomney. Same guy, different pants.

I voted my conscience (Gary Johnson), and didn't have to pick the lesser of two evils. If everyone would do that, we wouldn't be stuck with two sports teams running the country into the shithole.
I didn't vote for him but he certainly doesn't seem all nut-casey like most other Libertarians. My qualms are philosophical and policy-based, not oh my god what will that psycho do when he's running the country. Which is a relief. It looks like the Libertarians picked somebody decent to represent them.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2012, 11:41 Ratty

Bhruic wrote on Nov 6, 2012, 11:33:
Ratty wrote on Nov 6, 2012, 11:08:
Yeah, that's a good site. I remember it from last time around. I took a screenshot so I can see how it did tomorrow morning. 538 is so far off from what most everyone else is saying and Nate Silver has become so famous/infamous (depending) this time around I'm really really looking forward to seeing how close he is this time.

Uh, the site you claimed as a "good site"'s predictions:
Obama: 303
Romney: 220
Tied: 15

Nate Silver's 538:
Obama 313
Romney: 225

So other than the fact that 538 divides the "ties" up in a 2:1 fashion, how exactly is it "so far off"?
Um, I said so far off from what MOST everyone else is saying. According to the MSM the two have been virtually tied for most of the campaign.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2012, 11:08 Ratty

nin wrote on Nov 6, 2012, 10:36:
I've been reading http://electoral-vote.com/ since the 04 election, and he seems to nail it, most of the time.
Yeah, that's a good site. I remember it from last time around. I took a screenshot so I can see how it did tomorrow morning. 538 is so far off from what most everyone else is saying and Nate Silver has become so famous/infamous (depending) this time around I'm really really looking forward to seeing how close he is this time. He's almost smug in his certainty, so he'll either be crowned as king or run out of town about 12 hours from now. I'll be watching the Daily Show and Colbert live coverage tonight. Kind of sad that's the only "news" I can stand to watch nowdays.

News Comments > Op Ed
33. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 2, 2012, 18:50 Ratty

Keith wrote on Nov 2, 2012, 18:35:
It should be noted that George stated he won't make any more any more Star Wars films. So, if nothing else, we will get to see more. And as a product of the Star Wars-era, almost anything is better than nothing. He is reportedly a bit of a tightwad over the extended universe, too, keeping the reins close on what can be done and how. I fully respect canon, but can also appreciate a little artistic license. I want to see some super-star destroyers ripping an alliance fleet to pieces while swarms of fighters pour around the battlefield, blowing ships and esape capsules out of the proverbial sky.
While I agree that I haven't thought any recent SW games were worth a damn and they don't seem to be commercially successful, it is stil the Star Wars universe. Any reasonably competent nit-wit should be able to make a SW game that sells well because it is fun and has super-star destroyers. Or AT-ATs. Or both. And as we all know, SW has proven to be a cash cow. Therefore, someone will figure it out and we will see a new SW game. So says Nostradamus.
Edit: URL to NY Times article about George not making any more SW films was too long. Going to have to find it yourself.
I just read an interview with Mark Hamill yesterday (might even have been a Blues News article) where he said he and Carrie Fisher had lunch with George a year ago where he told them he was going to make the next three Star Wars movies, or at least his studio was going to do it under the direction of the Katherine woman who is in charge. So his studio was making plans to do them at least as recently as a year ago.

News Comments > Op Ed
16. Re: Op Ed Nov 2, 2012, 13:42 Ratty

It's so amazing the complete lack of shock and horror you'd expect from such a major beloved franchise begin taken over by Disney. Telling, isn't it? Disney could hardly do worse than old George did himself.  

News Comments > BioShock Infinite CEs Detailed
8. Re: BioShock Infinite CEs Detailed Oct 18, 2012, 12:22 Ratty

wtf_man wrote on Oct 18, 2012, 11:09:
Standing on it's own merit... I guess I would classify it as a mediocre shooter... but I was expecting them to fulfill their claim of making a "spiritual successor to System Shock" and was extremely disappointed.
I'm playing Bioshock 1 again after quite a while being away from it and I must say I'm enjoying it a lot more than I remember the first time I played it. I find myself appreciating the things that make it the spiritual successor to SS it claims to be. There are so many radically different ways you can solve a problem and within any level it's generally non-linear. I think the first time I played it I was disappointed by the whole console vibe but I guess I'm used to that in modern games now so it doesn't even bother me. I'm tempted to say I like it almost as much as SS2.

Next up, Bioshock 2. But I'm thinking I won't like that as much as Bioshock 1.

1144 Comments. 58 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo