Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for space captain

Real Name space captain   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname space captain
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Banned
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 9, 2005, 02:58
Total Comments 7699 (Guru)
User ID 22897

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > CD Projekt RED's RPG Tease
19. Re: CD Projekt RED's RPG Tease May 30, 2012, 00:44 space captain

that image is strongly reminiscent of the artwork in the pen and paper "Cyberpunk" game books....  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: Turn off your PC May 30, 2012, 00:37 space captain

jimnms wrote on May 29, 2012, 23:30:
to see my computer bellowing smoke and flames out the PSU.

thats what happens when you let dust build up inside there

dont be stupid - thats the real message

its pretty broad advice

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
4. Re: Evening Safety Dance May 29, 2012, 23:41 space captain

i need more fear in my life

help me live in fear please

journalists, im begging you!

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews May 29, 2012, 12:02 space captain

hearing lots of conflicting stuff about Risen 2

may have to download and check it for myself

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Announced
4. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Announced May 29, 2012, 11:51 space captain

the original DD was truly awesome game.. really incredible action RPG.. the sequels sucked donkey balls compared to it

btw blue forgot to mention "Beyond Divinity" .. it was so bad

News Comments > Carmageddon: Reincarnation Funded
21. metacritic makes my decisions for me May 28, 2012, 11:03 space captain

Fantaz wrote on May 28, 2012, 06:21:
No way, Redline was the shittier game. There's still metacritic scores from '99 so you can compare the difference.

i76 metacritic = 80

Rage metacritic = 79

Sims 3 = 86

so what you are saying is that i76 is as good as Rage, but not nearly as good as the Sims 3

14. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Funded May 28, 2012, 04:46 space captain

Drezden wrote on May 27, 2012, 20:11:
Redline was a wannabe Interstate '76 and I never thought it was nearly as good.

nah thats bullshit, redline was way better.. i76 was ok but nothing special

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. pcp May 27, 2012, 16:58 space captain

ketamine, scopolamine, etc.  

6. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Funded May 27, 2012, 16:50 space captain

id like to see a sequel to Redline  

3. Aeons of the Pleroma May 27, 2012, 14:59 space captain

unfortunately the modern "christianity" is so far removed from the original ideas and practices, mainly due to the obfuscated contextual references of gospels (initially approved for public consumption by the council of nicea) included in the king james version, already retranslated numerous times, and edited for cohesion by the church in the middle ages.. some orginal ideas remained, but have been mostly ignored over the years
“Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven. But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven.

“Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to set a man at variance against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man’s enemies will be those of his own household. He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it.

- Matthew, Ch. 10
thats why the "dead sea scrolls" are much more interesting.. being actual christian documents from around 3rd to 4th century AD

Gospel of Thomas:

(75) Jesus said, "Many are standing at the door, but it is the solitary who will enter the bridal chamber."

(29) Jesus said, "If the body came into being because of the soul, it is a wonder. But if the soul came into being because of the body, it is a wonder of wonders. Indeed, I am amazed at how this great wealth has made its home in this poverty."

(39) Jesus said, "The pharisees and the scribes have taken the keys of knowledge (gnosis) and hidden them. They themselves have not entered, nor have they allowed to enter those who wish to. You, however, be as wise as serpents and as innocent as doves."

(50) Jesus said, "If they say to you, 'Where did you come from?', say to them, 'We came from the light, the place where the light came into being on its own accord and established itself and became manifest through image.' If they say to you, 'Is it you?', say, 'We are its children, we are the elect of the living father.' If they ask you, 'What is the sign of your father in you?', say to them, 'It is movement and repose.'" Yinyang

(60) <They saw> a Samaritan carrying a lamb on his way to Judea. Jesus said to his disciples, "That man is round about the lamb."
They said to him, "So that he may kill it and eat it."
He said to them, "While it is alive, he will not eat it, but only when he has killed it and it has become a corpse."
They said to him, "He cannot do so otherwise."
He said to them, "You too, look for a place for yourself within repose, lest you become a corpse and be eaten."

(11) Jesus said, "This heaven will pass away, and the one above it will pass away. All the dead (elements) are not alive, and the living (elements) will not die. In the days when you used to eat dead (elements), you made them alive. When you are in the light, what will you do then? On the day that you were one, you made two. But when you become two, what will you do then?"

2. Re: Game Reviews May 27, 2012, 14:25 space captain

just in case you guys wanna know "where the hell did that come from?"

AnointedSword -

I am glad people are countering D3’s storyline, but I do want to add a few words about what some of God’s intensions are for His people. God does not want His people to think lowly of themselves. We must make sure we rightly divide the word and understand who the Word of God is talking about and/or talking to. Many do not want to humble themselves before God. There are some that are not willing to humble themselves at all; theses individuals will never be lifted up to the place where God intended His family (yes, thanks Jesus I consider Yahweh my Father) to live. We must remember that God had a plan and that plan included making us – those who humble ourselves—sons and daughters.

Isaiah 56:5(NKJV)5 Even to them I will give in My house And within My walls a place and a name Better than that of sons and daughters; I will give them an everlasting name That shall not be cut off.

Romans 8:29–30(NKJV)29 For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30 Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.

Galatians 4:4–7(NKJV)4 But when the fullness of the time had come, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the law, 5 to redeem those who were under the law, that we might receive the adoption as sons. 6 And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying out, “Abba, Father!” 7 Therefore you are no longer a slave but a son, and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

Just wanted to add that, we have to preach the whole bible. Even the parts that might seem too good for us! Thank you Father!:)

With that said,@Peter White: You are making some outrageous statements here, please have the maturity to move past general statements and share some sources and be more specific.. Anyone can say anything about anything...

News Comments > Op Ed
42. i create my own reality! May 27, 2012, 12:46 space captain

panbient wrote on May 27, 2012, 11:07:
It's not, but like others mentioned Skyrim had a well recognized reputation. RA Salvatore also has a reputation, he can write really engaging combat within a completely generic fantasy setting that make his stories a lot of fun to read. Unfortunately the ability to write great combat doesn't amount to squat when writing (ultimately generic) lore for a video game.

Now a game based on worlds written by someone like Neal Stephenson or William Gibson... THAT would exciting.

just because you arent a fan of Salvatore doesnt mean he cant write lore.. it means YOU dont like it.. and heres a tip on that - your opinions do not control the physical laws of the universe

the Dark Elf trilogy practically invented the majority of lore for dark elves and the underdark, maybe not the names and basic concepts, but all the meat and bones were well in abundance

also the Crystal Shard was excellent

not sure why you think a psuedo-surrealist like Stephenson would be able to shoehorn his style into a video game, but it does reveal your penchant for name dropping.. but yeh, im not impressed

News Comments > Op Ed
15. Re: Op Ed May 26, 2012, 16:31 space captain

deqer wrote on May 26, 2012, 16:17:
"Reckoning" ? Reckoning what? Why make me think about it?

This title "Reckoning: Kingdoms of Amalur" is absolutely terrible because it's absolutely boring and already taking a toll on my brain and I haven't even started playing the game yet. Ugh...

maybe you should go back to digging in the ground for grubs with a stick.. its more your speed

News Comments > Op Ed
9. Re: Op Ed May 26, 2012, 16:11 space captain

Kajetan wrote on May 26, 2012, 15:48:
"Because people don't care as much about pretty graphics and realistic voice-overs as they did five years ago"

im not buying this statement at all

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed May 26, 2012, 14:20 space captain

i was thinking about this while playing dragons dogma yesterday... the game is fun, the gameplay is the main point.. the storyline is secondary at best, and seems intentionally sparse, also no real point to most of the npcs except quest functions/etc.

but comparing it to skyrim, its just more enjoyable to play dragons dogma even though there is no giant back story and tons of crazy lore all over the place, because the combat (which is the main point) is just fun and really well done

i think the "gameplay first" philosophy is moving more into the mainstream, and not just indies

News Comments > Minecraft Sells 6M
10. Re: Minecraft Sells 6M May 26, 2012, 14:06 space captain

its human nature to blame everything but yourself

this principal is fundamental to the majority species

News Comments > Updated Max Payne 3 PC Specs & Release Date
27. posturing invertebrates May 26, 2012, 12:30 space captain

Luke wrote on May 26, 2012, 06:16:
and now maxi payne: Feck them and there DRM/spyware
Its very simple just say NO with your wallet and they will learn , but today there is nothing called strong backbone Clown 's

says the guy using the word "feck"

News Comments > Tribes Ascend Double XP Weekend
19. Re: Tribes Ascend Double XP Weekend May 26, 2012, 10:04 space captain

NKD wrote on May 26, 2012, 00:45:
Some games require you to have good twitch reflex, but Tribes is great because it requires you to be a psychic.

one of the main reasons i play

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. hard out here for a pimp May 25, 2012, 17:38 space captain

PHJF wrote on May 25, 2012, 15:23:
Eight straight hours of Dragon's Dogma last night and my eyes aren't feeling it at all!

my pawn has pink hair, her name is Cherry

you should... use her ... if you get a chance

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Trailer
6. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer May 25, 2012, 15:12 space captain

looks like the future is finally here

bring this shit on

7699 Comments. 385 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo