Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for space captain

Real Name space captain   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname space captain
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Banned
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 9, 2005, 02:58
Total Comments 7699 (Guru)
User ID 22897

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
12. ROLLINGCHICKN Aug 6, 2012, 16:28 space captain

CHICK-FIL-A!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Prince of Persia Reboot Revealed?
13. I AM THE GOD OF REALITY Aug 6, 2012, 16:16 space captain

we should definitely check with this guy before we assume anything is real  

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Beta Beginning; Steam Confirmed
1. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Beginning Aug 6, 2012, 15:46 space captain

awwwwwwwwwwwww jeeah  

10. Re: Prince of Persia Reboot Revealed? Aug 6, 2012, 14:42 space captain

Beamer wrote on Aug 6, 2012, 13:22:
Reboot by a major publisher: booo
Reboot on kickstarter: yay

what are you referring to

there arent any reboots on kickstarter that i know of

6. Re: Prince of Persia Reboot Revealed? Aug 6, 2012, 13:10 space captain

panbient wrote on Aug 6, 2012, 11:54:
I always thought The Sands of Time was the reboot for the franchise. Is this a reboot of a reboot? Are we already to the point of crossing that line?

considering the original was made for Apple IIe, it was already a reboot of a reboot.. so they already crossed that line

why is any of this surprising? everything is being rebooted now, especially movies

its because people are fucking worthless .. they have nothing original to add, they just want to leech off the cash cows other people created.. its happening more and more because the only thing they are concerned with is making a buck.. thats it..

so let em bow down before the almighty dollar.. let it replace everything inside them

they deserve it

News Comments > Source 2 Engine Hint
18. Re: Source 2 Engine Hint Aug 6, 2012, 12:52 space captain

it needs to support fully destructible environments if they want to remain current  

1. Eshq-e to maraa kharaabaati kard Aug 6, 2012, 10:26 space captain

so.. Pharaoh of Egypt?  

News Comments > Op Ed
17. Re: so dont twist ya eyes, i'll be the one ya saw Aug 6, 2012, 01:00 space captain

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Aug 6, 2012, 00:16:
I think I was put off them long ago after I watched a friend of mine get sucked into EQ. I watched him playing sometimes and could never understand the appeal of it. So I just kind of promised myself I wouldn't ever start playing one.

Yeh, while I quit after a month, a buddy of mine who got it at the same time kept playing for years.. like 8+ hours a day - and it was strangely disgusting. So that probably helped my view along as well.

News Comments > Op Ed
13. Re: Op Ed Aug 5, 2012, 23:05 space captain

I suppose I was lucky in that I bought Everquest the day it was released, and played that for about a month. There was alot of tedium in that game that was probably dealt with by the time WoW came out. But back in that first month of EQ, it was in full effect. And I got my fill of it really quickly.

At the same time, I played long enough to recognize that the basic hamster-wheel formula of grinding mobs and collecting PHAT LOOT! was essentially unchanged in all the MMORPGS after that. And.. its just not fun.

They are like glorified chat rooms, or replacements for actual social life, or a way for people who feel inadequate to get some kind of personal satisfaction because they "raided the uberdragonlordkinglich 50 times" or managed to accumulate a full suit of fancy-pants dolly dress-up plate armor, and get recognized for it "publicly".

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
20. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Aug 5, 2012, 22:44 space captain

Kitkoan wrote on Aug 5, 2012, 18:24:
blah blah wah wah blah blah waaaah

yes, yes, fascinating

News Comments > Op Ed
11. so dont twist ya eyes, i'll be the one ya saw Aug 5, 2012, 22:38 space captain

eunichron wrote on Aug 5, 2012, 21:18:
Just about every single gamer out there has played it beyond the free month, and a huge majority will continue to play it for the foreseeable future.

ive never played it. not even for a free month.

im so rare and unique!

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
9. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Aug 5, 2012, 18:10 space captain

Kitkoan wrote on Aug 5, 2012, 17:55:
Now with this in mind, who do you think I'm going to listen to more about the current computer gaming market? Someone still relevant and making well received PC games in todays market who has also been able to view the long term gaming market with things like the Steam store? Or of the someone who hasn't been real relevant to the gaming market in the past 10 years and their best attempt to seem modern gave forth to "MegaTextures"?&#65279;

Just because Carmack is a has been doesnt mean everything he says is automatically untrue.

"I want to be spoonfed what I should think by someone I respect!!" Really? Thats pathetic. But then again, it is quite common.

Linux isnt even close to being a widespread gaming platform any time soon. I learned that through experience and observation.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

- Ben Franklin

Theres some spoonfeeding for ya, big guy. Open wide, here comes the train.

CHOO CHOO!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. before the cream sits out too long, you must whip it Aug 5, 2012, 17:57 space captain

It's not like such behavioral issues appear "overnight". There are plenty of warning signs that people dont see because dogs dont speak english, and humans dont understand body language... when they notice it, which is rare to begin with.

If you always wait until you are forced to correct something, you will always be behind the curve. Which means you should get used to dealing with fucked up behavioral problems.

Its a matter of paying attention to whats happening around you. Dogs teach us about ourselves because they are directly responding to our psyche at all times... like little children, except even more instinctual. You dont have to say anything for dogs to know whats going on in your head. They will react to your being, not your appearance.

No one gets away... until they whip it.

News Comments > Blood Revival Proposed
14. Re: Blood Revival Proposed Aug 4, 2012, 17:43 space captain

shogo  

News Comments > Doom 4 Will Support Oculus Rift
20. Re: Doom 4 Will Support Oculus Rift Aug 4, 2012, 01:44 space captain

Kitkoan wrote on Aug 4, 2012, 01:33:
Awwww.... look at the widdle troll wanting attention... how cute..

awwwww... look at the sucker who took the bait...

sucker...

News Comments > Dishonored Voice Cast
25. Re: Dishonored Voice Cast Aug 4, 2012, 01:32 space captain

" This celebrated cast adds wonderful depth and credibility to the overall Dishonored gameplay experience."

if you need celebrities to give your game "credibility", then you are in serious trouble

News Comments > Doom 4 Will Support Oculus Rift
15. Re: Doom 4 Will Support Oculus Rift Aug 4, 2012, 01:27 space captain

i remember people using cell phones in 97

we had cell phones back then

i remember drinking hot chocolate out of a muppets mug in 82

we had muppets mugs back then

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 3, 2012, 23:54 space captain

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
umnmmmmmmmmm
uhhhhhhhhhh
fags

News Comments > Star Lords Announced
7. Re: Star Lords Announced Aug 3, 2012, 23:50 space captain

http://store.steampowered.com/app/205590/

this one is out in a week or so

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
9. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 3, 2012, 23:45 space captain

just because whiny bitches need to shut up doesnt mean that social equality actually exists in reality

"ooh ooh! look what i learned in kindergarten!!" .. wow, thats impressive stuff there

7699 Comments. 385 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo