Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonas Taylor

Real Name Jonas Taylor   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname theyarecomingforyou
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 8, 2005, 11:25
Total Comments 6020 (Guru)
User ID 22891

User comment history
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Ships - Review Roundup
140. Re: Borderlands 2 Ships - Review Roundup Sep 25, 2012, 12:28 theyarecomingforyou

Quinn wrote on Sep 25, 2012, 03:21:
Please enlighten me regarding loot!

How come that it's a "finders keepers" system in Borderlands? I started playing with a friend of mine and before he knew it, I snatched the first shotgun drop away before his eyes. Afterward he looted an entire contained full of weapons while I was down there somewhere trying to survive an onslaught!?
Yeah, it's really annoying that some things are shared (money, ammo, Eridium) while others aren't (weapons, shields, class-mods) - it encourages running off in battle to explore chests and promotes selfish behaviour. I'd rather they opted for a Diablo III style system where every player has their own loot. It means you pretty much only want to play with friends and family, as otherwise it gets tedious. It's the biggest criticism I have of the game and I'm annoyed that they didn't change it - at the very least they should have a Want-Need-Pass system so that all players get a chance of picking up decent items.

Oh, and Steam has suffered yet another spectacular outage - the user count has dropped to zero on the official stats and the forums and Steam Community are offline. It's pretty pathetic. I love Steam but Valve really needs to sort this shit out.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

132. Re: Borderlands 2 Ships - Review Roundup Sep 23, 2012, 01:20 theyarecomingforyou

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 22, 2012, 20:50:
Got 2 Blue rockets from Moxxi's slots in 3 pulls, one corrosive and one electric. Both do over 1500 damage (I am level 10). I have not lost any money on those things....
I love the slot machines. In co-op we hit two eridium jackpots earlier tonight (the triple one where you win 16 eridium and they come flying out of the machine), as well as a few decent weapons (most are junk though). Overall we lost money but the extra customisation unlocks and eridium were more than worth it. Great fun.

126. Re: Borderlands 2 Ships - Review Roundup Sep 21, 2012, 23:19 theyarecomingforyou

By LV12-14 I had a corrosive rocket launcher, though in general corrosive weapons are pretty rare.

In terms of frequency (most to least) I've found it to be:

Fire > Explosive > Electric > Corrosive > Slag

I've got a slag sniper rifle and it's absolutely lethal, as it's combined with +120% Critical Hit Damage. They're definitely worth looking out for.

I've got LV17, LV16 and LV10 characters, covering three different classes. I'm maintaining two different co-op games and a singleplayer run through. So far I've managed to rack up 25hrs in-game and I'll be putting in a massive session tomorrow.

I'm annoyed that SLI isn't working. I'm using the latest drivers recommended for Borderlands 2 and yet the second GPU just seems to be doing a bit of PhysX. Performance doesn't drop below 60fps in singleplayer but co-op is much more demanding. I'm hoping that updated drivers and a patch or two from Gearbox will smooth things out nicely but I really wish this shit was sorted before launch. A quick Google search shows it's a common issue and not just specific to my system. And DiRT Showdown has plenty of SLI issues at launch as well. Not really that impressed with nVidia drivers.

124. Re: Borderlands 2 Ships - Review Roundup Sep 21, 2012, 20:00 theyarecomingforyou

The Steam Community has been chronically unreliable tonight. Unfortunately this is a regular occurrence and isn't related to the release of Borderlands 2. Valve needs to put a LOT more effort into minimising downtime - so many games rely on it to provide multiplayer and people are kicked out immediately if they lose the connection.

I would go as far as saying that the Steam Community isn't fit for purpose at the moment. Players are already posting about how they've lost 5 or more levels because of the disconnects. There were over 100,000 people online when it went down and a decent percentage of those would have been playing co-op.

News Comments > Half-Life 3 A Shooter; Not Due Next Year: Shocking Report
42. Re: Half-Life 3 A Shooter; Not Due Next Year: Shocking Report Sep 20, 2012, 17:48 theyarecomingforyou

Agent.X7 wrote on Sep 20, 2012, 15:57:
I think this may turn into one of those games that's been in development so long that it will only disappoint anyone who plays it.
I thought that about Black Mesa Source but that turned out to be exceptional!

Personally I'd be surprised if Half-Life 3 wasn't more open-world than the previous games. Don't forget that Half-Life 2 added physics and vehicles, which were a huge departure from the previous game. Obviously I don't think it's going to suddenly become like Skyrim and I don't think that text menus listing mission objectives would be in keeping with the Half-Life universe but Far Cry 2 managed to provide more flexible missions without breaking immersion and Valve is certainly creative enough to do something better.

While I have zero confidence in this rumour being true I also don't have much reason to doubt it, as it sounds plausible.

88. Re: Borderlands 2 Ships - Review Roundup Sep 19, 2012, 21:45 theyarecomingforyou

Verno wrote on Sep 19, 2012, 13:34:
That mission is hard as shit solo, make sure you bring some buds. They added a non-stop respawning component to a lot of the missions until you finish the objective, it's a bit obnoxious at times. In co-op its not a big deal at all but in solo play its frustrating.
I've been soloing and haven't noticed that. There are some missions with a lot of waves but I always make sure to kill all the enemies and didn't come across a situation where enemies respawned indefinitely. I'm 10hrs into the game, so it might come later?

I'm having an absolute blast. I used one of the golden keys on the chest in Sanctuary without realising what they were but one of the guns I've been using ever since, so it worked out well. I'm very impressed with the game so far. I've got everything maxed out (including PhysX) at 2560x1600 and the framerate is a constant 60fps - I haven't seen it dip. I was expecting it to be very good and it has certainly lived up to my expectations.

54. Re: Borderlands 2 Ships - Review Roundup Sep 18, 2012, 22:43 theyarecomingforyou

ochentay4 wrote on Sep 18, 2012, 20:25:
Hi, I tried to do that but it doesnt work. I log with VPN on, I launch the game, i get to the menu, then log out, shut down the vpn, and when login on steam again cant launch, "preload ready" again.
Yeah. As soon as you logout of the VPN it goes back to "pre-load ready". So it's playable but obviously not ideal. Best to just play it singleplayer until it's launched properly.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Videos
30. Re: Borderlands 2 Videos Sep 17, 2012, 09:09 theyarecomingforyou

I loved the original Borderlands and put over 100hrs into it, so Borderlands 2 was always going to be a day-one purchase for me. As it stands it's shaping up to be really good and the fact it's using Steamworks is a definite plus. My brother bought me the DLC Season Pass for my birthday and both of my brothers have pre-ordered the game, so we'll get a bit of online co-op going - it's so much better when you have a group of friends/family and voice-chat.

I've already updated my nVidia drivers to the latest version with support for Borderlands 2. Now I just have to wait until the 21st when it's released here in the UK (it still pisses me off that most publishers won't do international launches simultaneously).

News Comments > Black Mesa Released
90. Re: Enjoying it Sep 15, 2012, 21:04 theyarecomingforyou

Lorcin wrote on Sep 15, 2012, 17:54:
Jesus forgot how hard this was compared to the latest fps
I think they've upped the difficulty level - the bullsquid and houndeye are noticeably more potent. The helicopter gunships are very mobile and do decent damage. Still, I think the difficulty level is just right.

News Comments > Black Mesa Released
64. Re: Black Mesa Released Sep 14, 2012, 20:35 theyarecomingforyou

I had high expectations for this and somehow it managed to live up to them. The graphics are excellent, the gameplay changes mean it plays like a modern game, the level design is subtly different yet still familiar and the AI is decent. As a fan of the original I'm very impressed with how they've handled the update.

Here are a few screenshots I took earlier:

The Tentacle
The Test Chamber
Mr Scientist

News Comments > Ubisoft Making Fewer AAA Games
7. Re: Ubisoft Making Fewer AAA Games Sep 13, 2012, 10:28 theyarecomingforyou

McSterls wrote on Sep 13, 2012, 09:46:
Triple A doesnt just refer to the production cost, it refers to the quality and robustness of their final product and the reception of that game. Based on these criteria Ubisoft hasn't made a AAA game in like ten years.
Nonsense. We've had Prince Of Persia: Sands Of Time, Far Cry 2 and the Assassin's Creed series. Sure that's not a huge selection but it shouldn't be ignored. More importantly, there are upcoming AAA games like Far Cry 3 and Watchdogs.

Ubisoft has definitely made more than its fair share of mistakes - the most obvious being the reliance of a handful of brands (especially Tom Clancy) and their stance on DRM - but there are worse publishers out there. However, unless it gets its act together it's going to struggle to remain relevant.

News Comments > Steam Beta Allows Custom Installation Locations
25. Re: Steam Beta Allows Custom Installation Locations Sep 12, 2012, 20:12 theyarecomingforyou

jimnms wrote on Sep 12, 2012, 17:48:
Your Steam folder is only 1.47GB, do you only have one game or something?
lol, I meant 1.47TB.

News Comments > Steam Beta Allows Custom Installation Locations
9. Re: Steam Beta Allows Custom Installation Locations Sep 12, 2012, 13:48 theyarecomingforyou

I have Steam on a dedicated 3TB drive and even though I keep all my games installed I still have plenty of space left over (my Steam folder is 1.47TB). And with Storage Spaces in Windows 8 you can create a non-redundant or redundant array consisting of several drives with minimal effort, so I've never been too concerned about such a limitation.

However, this feature should have been included from the beginning. I can imagine some people wanting to keep their most played games on a SSD which are notoriously limited in capacity (or using smaller drives if they're on a budget) and I find it bizarre that Valve took this long to implement it. It's hard to applaud Valve for such a basic feature but it's better late than never.

This comment was edited on Sep 12, 2012, 20:13.

News Comments > Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit
159. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 11, 2012, 17:25 theyarecomingforyou

There was a long discussion on Neowin about this matter but the topic was locked - interesting when you consider that Stardock owns a 40% interest in the website. Brad himself (under the name Frogboy) posted in the topic and didn't do anything to paint himself in a better light.

If you can't win an argument then you put pressure on the site's owner to lock the topic. Classic censorship.

News Comments > More Big Picture Details
26. Re: More Big Picture Details Sep 10, 2012, 20:09 theyarecomingforyou

I tried it out. It's pretty much as I expected - it does what it says on the tin but it's still effectively useless when using a HDTV as a secondary monitor. If you launch Big Picture when Steam is on your secondary display then it still launches on your primary display and there are no options to change that (or none that I've found). So a B- for effort and an F for practicality.

Oh, and I really hope they change the button soon... it looks absolutely horrific.

25. Re: More Big Picture Details Sep 10, 2012, 20:03 theyarecomingforyou

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 10, 2012, 18:12:
Oh, ugh. They want me to move over to control everything with a controller.
No. They are simply providing an option for those who do.

13. Re: More Big Picture Details Sep 10, 2012, 18:06 theyarecomingforyou

dj LiTh wrote on Sep 10, 2012, 17:51:
LOL? Is this a joke? Seriously...This can be done already, and you dont need big picture, you just need a hdmi connection between your pc. You dont need their proprietary crap browser, you can have you full computer....again just needing a single hdmi cord....what am i missing? Have they seriously lost their minds in thinking that this is some revolutionary thing?
You cannot currently browse games, chat with friends, make purchases or launch games with a controller, nor is the interface suited to that with mouse and keyboard when sat at a distance from a HDTV. While this most certainly won't appeal to a lot of people it will certainly be useful to many.

The likelihood is that this will be used at the basis for a Steam-style console, which has been hinted at many times. If you don't care about it that's fine but it's certainly appreciated by those who do.

10. Re: More Big Picture Details Sep 10, 2012, 17:20 theyarecomingforyou

It looks like the initial release will be a rush-job, as it doesn't support 16:10 resolutions (it adds black borders and requires a hidden command) and only supports 720p and 1080p. Obviously that will cover most users but it's not ideal for those who wish to use Big Picture mode with 30" 2560x1600 monitors.  

5. Re: More Big Picture Details Sep 10, 2012, 16:37 theyarecomingforyou

loomy wrote on Sep 10, 2012, 15:24:
it wont be much good if it doesnt have advanced multi-monitor controls built in so people can use it in ways that work for them. this could be neat or a clusterfuck
Exactly. I have a 42" HDTV hooked up to my system but I rarely use it for gaming because it's so much hassle - I have to change my default monitor, change my audio device, change the in-game resolution and it's only suitable for games that play well on controller. If Big Picture allowed you to specify which monitor a game launched on then that would be MASSIVE. However, I highly doubt it will and as such I won't have any use for it.

News Comments > Valve Profile; Big Picture UI Testing Tomorrow
9. Re: Valve Profile; Big Picture UI Testing Tomorrow Sep 9, 2012, 20:19 theyarecomingforyou

Panickd wrote on Sep 9, 2012, 18:57:
Maybe it's time for them to farm their support system out to a call center in India. It's not ideal, mind you, but shit would get taken care of quicker and more efficiently and then the regular Valve guys could ignore the whole support system and work on the fun stuff.
Given the amount of money they're making they really should be providing jobs to native speakers. I've had to deal with Indian call centres when contacting EA Support and it just doesn't give a good impression.

6020 Comments. 301 pages. Viewing page 33.
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo