Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonas Taylor

Real Name Jonas Taylor   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname theyarecomingforyou
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 8, 2005, 11:25
Total Comments 6041 (Guru)
User ID 22891

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Sims 2 Ultimate Collection and SecuROM
11. Re: Sims 2 Ultimate Collection and SecuROM Jul 29, 2014, 14:05 theyarecomingforyou

I hate SecuROM and Tages because both locked me out of games I had purchased - the former was with Crysis 2, the latter with STALKER: Clear Sky. Neither added to the experience. Steam is different because it provides tangible benefits that far outweigh the limitations.

That said, I would still like to see Steam move away from DRM. I can understand it for game launches to prevent content being leaked early but not past release.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Firefly Online Trailer
21. Re: Firefly Online Trailer Jul 28, 2014, 09:07 theyarecomingforyou

MindStalker3 wrote on Jul 27, 2014, 18:27:
Honestly, that still doesn't mean it will be POS. Sure a POS from a technology standpoint. The "thing" is, they are getting the cast to do the voice overs, and are said to be hiring good writers.
Firefly Online will be more of an interactive episode story. IF they can keep new creative stories rolling out it could be an interesting experiment in a new medium of story telling.
Did you not watch the trailer? I'm saying it will be a piece of shit based on the empirical evidence. I mean, wtf is with the isometric bullshit? Most mods are higher quality than this.

I'm waiting for the Firefly mod for Star Citizen.

News Comments > The Walking Dead: Season Three Confirmed
8. Re: The Walking Dead: Season Three Confirmed Jul 27, 2014, 19:02 theyarecomingforyou

ViRGE wrote on Jul 27, 2014, 18:40:
While I don't doubt that's part of the reason, I suspect the more simplistic look is so that art development doesn't take too long. Art is already the single biggest cost of any AAA game, and if you want to release frequently like TTG does then you don't want to be in a position where each episode needs years of art.
We saw how Valve's episodic content worked out, so I think there's a lot of truth to this. Increasing the graphical fidelity would increase the development costs and cause each episode to take longer.

The graphics are decent enough.

News Comments > Firefly Online Trailer
9. Re: Firefly Online Trailer Jul 27, 2014, 18:25 theyarecomingforyou

I love Firefly but this game looks utterly shit. It looks like something that would have been released about 15 years ago. Fuck you Fox.  

6. Re: The Walking Dead: Season Three Confirmed Jul 27, 2014, 18:22 theyarecomingforyou

Fion wrote on Jul 27, 2014, 17:17:
I'm pretty excited for Tales from the Borderlands too, I very much enjoy the setting and the characters, though I'm much more hyped for their Game of Thrones title. If anyone can pull off ASoIaF in a meaningful way, it's Telltale.
Wow, I had no idea. That's going to be awesome!

Fion wrote on Jul 27, 2014, 17:17:
As to the graphics, I can honestly say at Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us are two games I really haven't cared that the graphics were quite low end. Mostly because the stories are so engrossing but largely because the art design is so wonderfully done I don't care about polygons and texture size so much.
Exactly. The graphics did the job and the gameplay more than made up for it. It worked because it was so stylised.

3. Re: The Walking Dead: Season Three Confirmed Jul 27, 2014, 14:59 theyarecomingforyou

Awesome. I've loved TWD:S2 so far and am glad that it has been well received enough to warrant a third game. Those who enjoyed it should also check out The Wolf Among Us, which is another Telltale game in the same vein. I'd go as far as to say it's even better.

I'm also looking forward to Tales From The Borderlands. Telltale is on a role.

News Comments > Crytek Gets Funds for "Transitional Phase"
28. Re: Crytek Gets Funds for Jul 26, 2014, 18:37 theyarecomingforyou

Slick wrote on Jul 26, 2014, 11:07:
HOOO BOY.

crysis 2 was an improvement over crysis 1? graphics were better? farcry 2 and 3 had better graphics!? you need to go back to crysis and actually finish it. or don't who cares.
I absolutely stand by my statement. Crysis really wasn't as impressive as people like to make out.

Slick wrote on Jul 26, 2014, 11:07:
as i've said, Crysis's only problem was that it was released too soon.
Or that it lacked any gameplay. It was just a giant sandbox shooter.

Kajetan wrote on Jul 26, 2014, 08:51:
I find both lacking ... well, but Crytek was never known for good gameplay design. They do tech. Nothing else. Becoming a game developer was not the brightest idea, because they had no game design talent. And they hired only mediocre game design talent. There is no vision in Cryteks games, no clear gameplay design. They just make the game up, as they go along and scrap everything they build for the next game, even in the same game. Do you really remember Far Cry? Playing on this beautiful island, battling mercenaries and suddenly these stupid monsters in corridors and this absurd, grotesque and just lazy designed end fight?
Don't get me wrong, I wasn't saying it was a classic. The dialogue was extremely cheesy, the checkpoints annoying and the ending was terrible. But in terms of overall games it had the better package.

What annoyed me about Crysis is that Crytek learned absolutely nothing from Far Cry. The biggest complaint was the ending and the supernatural shit, so what do they do? They replace mutants with aliens. Not only that but North Koreans as the enemy? What a joke. When I first heard about Crysis I was excited, until I read about the aliens and North Koreans. At with Crysis 2 they actually put in a narrative and had decent voice acting, even if they were still limited by the generic premise.

News Comments > Crytek Gets Funds for "Transitional Phase"
23. Re: Crytek Gets Funds for Jul 26, 2014, 08:03 theyarecomingforyou

Crysis was a poorly optimised tech engine with utterly mediocre gameplay. I've tried to complete it on numerous occasions but I just find it tedious. Far Cry was the better game.

As for Crysis 2, it was definitely an improvement. The suit powers were streamlined and the narrative was decent, even if nothing original. The biggest criticism is that it didn't make use of open environment, so it felt a bit restrictive. The graphics were better, plus the game was much better optimised.

The problem with the Crysis series is that Ubisoft surpassed it with Far Cry 2 and 3, which had better graphics, better gameplay and better narratives.

News Comments > The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Free for All
13. Re: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Free for All Jul 23, 2014, 20:05 theyarecomingforyou

I launched Origin to redeem the code and noticed my CPU fan getting louder. Turns out it was using 50% CPU power. Piece of shit.  

News Comments > Areal Funded; Putin a Backer?
47. Re: Areal Funded; Putin a Backer? Jul 22, 2014, 07:07 theyarecomingforyou

Task wrote on Jul 21, 2014, 09:39:
NewMaxx wrote on Jul 20, 2014, 22:04:
Task wrote on Jul 20, 2014, 16:30:
The kind of trash talk I'd expect from people that don't think on the basis of "Cui Bono?"

This from the guy who calls the U.S. a modern day Roman or Napoleon Empire equivalent. Educate yourself a little bit before you go spouting off about things you clearly don't understand.

Ohhh, look at all the links! Let me guess you're sheep dipped in CNN, FOX, and MSNBC just itching for war with Russia. Just spit it out already. Guess what, the U.S. today is an Imperialist Empire. FACT.

Facts about the U.S. Imperial Empire:

* U.S. has attempted to illegally overthrow 50 governments (most of which were "democratic" , just not "U.S. Democratic")
* Dropped bombs on people in over 30 countries
* Attempted to assassinate more than 50 foreign leaders
* Attempted to suppress populist movements in over 20 countries
* Illegally interfered with democratic processes in over 30 countries
* Over 30 million people have died following WW2 in conflicts started by the U.S. over 201 times

That's quite a score card, Russia doesn't even come close to committing the obvious Imperialist policy of the West.

When one Empire falls, another takes its place. Its not rocket science. And the people inside arrogantly defend it, just as citizens have done in other Empires. Just as people were in a fervor over lies to go to Vietnam, lies to go to war with Iraq TWICE, lies to bomb Libya, and a huge lie to almost bomb Syria (all documented as lies as they were told, now proven by Senate Committees and leaked documents).

Comparison between Rome and the U.S. has been made by many scholars:

* The Roman Republic had a constitution, and the Roman Senators rarely followed it (The U.S. Congress and presidencies have continued to ignore the constitution and even find "loop holes" to get around things they "don't like")
* Rome and America are the most powerful actors in their respective time periods in History, with near complete dominance in military, technology, ideas, etc. (The U.S. also has over 800+ bases in countries other than their own)
* Both Empires in their respective time periods believed themselves to be "exceptional" spreading their influence by force if necessary
* Both had/have a military expansionist policy (which can not be maintained in the long run, see U.S. debt)
* Both had/have a growing, corrupt aristocracy/oligarchy that inevitably made/make the divide between the rich and poor quite wide

Being part Native American, with cultures that were decimated by arrogant white folk, please excuse me in my unwavering, eyes wide open view of the failure that is U.S. Foreign Policy.

Educate yourself on truth before you go spouting off on things you clearly refuse to understand. I couldn't help but reply, with your one sentence in your unwavering belief that you seem to "understand" something that I do not. Kind of speaks of the kind of arrogance and exceptional-ism I just went over.

Toodles.
+1

News Comments > Next DOOM Details Next Year
31. Re: Next DOOM Details Next Year Jul 20, 2014, 15:45 theyarecomingforyou

Beamer wrote on Jul 20, 2014, 14:24:
I didn't touch Quake 4.
Quake 4 was a solid, if unspectacular, shooter. Certainly it was better than Doom 3.

19. Re: Next DOOM Details Next Year Jul 19, 2014, 18:54 theyarecomingforyou

CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 19, 2014, 18:52:
I'm sure they will. Quake 5 MOBA. Almost guaranteed to happen.
Hopefully after Doom tanks and id Software realises that it should licence a third-party engine.

15. Re: Next DOOM Details Next Year Jul 19, 2014, 16:55 theyarecomingforyou

Refusing to release the video to the general public really doesn't inspire a lot of confidence, nor does the talk of Mortal Kombat style finishing moves involving glowing body parts and QT events.

After RAGE I don't have any faith that id Software can make a decent engine, especially with Carmack gone. id Tech 5 was incapable of even basic dynamic lighting, which was best observed in the Doom 3 BFG and its lack of shadows (the defining feature of the game). The early concept art for the new Doom game was terrible and it seems like it would require a miracle for id Software to produce a decent graphics engine.

I'm calling it now - this game will be a trainwreck.

News Comments > New Crytek Rumor: Homefront Director Resigns?
18. Re: New Crytek Rumor: Homefront Director Resigns? Jul 13, 2014, 19:51 theyarecomingforyou

Wraith wrote on Jul 13, 2014, 17:08:
Licensing is irrelevant if they can't get the support they (clearly) need. I can see you have very little understanding of how software development works.
They already have people from Crytek working there to support the game, like Sean Tracy. Those people will just join the CIG team or continue to offer support from whatever company buys up the engine.

SLI is not a feature of the game, it's a feature of the engine. They've managed to screw up SLI on an engine which operates just fine on every other title. That takes a truly talented level of incompetence.
You're a twat. You know that, right? Wall They're making major changes to the engine, which causes features to break. The renderer is being overhauled (for instance they've added support for the Oculus Rift), the engine is being ported to double precision, support for Mantle is being built-in and DX12 will likely be supported, etc. SLI was working for the hangar module but was broken for Arena Commander - the team is aware of that and it is listed as one of the known issues.

Add in the fact that an FPS engine is a really poor choice for a space combat game and.... well those with a clue can see the writing on the wall.
Yeah, they should have licensed the engine from that other AAA space-sim... oh wait, there isn't one. Dickhead. Substantial parts of the game are based in first-person and the rest has to be built-up around it. Licensing CryEngine accelerated the development process but large parts of the engine will have be be built or rebuilt from scratch.

Wraith wrote on Jul 13, 2014, 17:10:
Braben's been in this game for decades and while I'm not a believer in "procedurally generated" magic, he does at least know how to put a space combat engine together.
Yeah, because Chris Roberts has no experience in space-sims. Knobcheese.

You clearly know nothing about game development. For a pre-alpha the game is in surprising good condition. Stop trolling and find something productive to do with your life.

News Comments > New Crytek Rumor: Homefront Director Resigns?
7. Re: New Crytek Rumor: Homefront Director Resigns? Jul 13, 2014, 15:42 theyarecomingforyou

Wraith wrote on Jul 13, 2014, 15:17:
And just for reference - guess what engine Star Citizen uses.
We know which engine it uses and this doesn't change anything. CIG has a licence to use the engine regardless of what happens to Crytek.

Wraith wrote on Jul 13, 2014, 15:17:
Currently they can't even get SLI working properly - with the demise of Crytek, Star Citizen is looking very fucking shaky indeed.
It's pre-alpha - most features are missing, you muppet. Star Citizen is looking as promising as ever and having played it I'm very happy with how it's shaping up.

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Interview
4. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Interview Jul 13, 2014, 05:10 theyarecomingforyou

Darks wrote on Jul 12, 2014, 19:14:
Boring! another fucked up title made into a pvp bullshit game.
To be fair, this is the best looking Rainbow Six game in quite a while. Personally I think it has potential.

News Comments > Rebellion "Could" Return to AvP Series
10. Re: Rebellion Jul 11, 2014, 06:14 theyarecomingforyou

Loved the original game; didn't care for the recent one. I'd rather another developer be given a shot at the franchise.  

News Comments > Alien Isolation for Oculus Rift Only a Prototype
16. Re: Alien Isolation for Oculus Rift Only a Prototype Jul 8, 2014, 14:41 theyarecomingforyou

I would have thought that OR support would be added to the game, rather than being developed into a separate product. Never did I think there was going to be a standalone OR version.

I wouldn't read anything into this at this point.

News Comments > Blizzard on Diablo III Multiboxing
8. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Multiboxing Jul 8, 2014, 13:01 theyarecomingforyou

Multiboxing should be banned, plain and simple. It isn't a reasonable practice.  

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and Survarium Designer Joins Areal
7. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and Survivarium Designer Joins Areal Jul 8, 2014, 12:56 theyarecomingforyou

ASeven wrote on Jul 8, 2014, 10:55:
First comment on the Eurogamer article, which points out the obvious:

2 hours ago
It's interesting that they promote him as a big hire, when he's behind the project all along. Sytyanov finished his work on Survarium on September 25, 2013. And it was Sytyanov who started looking for programmers for the Areal project, back in March. And now he's the new and big hire?
Wow, that really is low. I said this project was a scam from the beginning.

6041 Comments. 303 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo