Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonas Taylor

Real Name Jonas Taylor   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname theyarecomingforyou
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 8, 2005, 11:25
Total Comments 6008 (Guru)
User ID 22891

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Released
115. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Released Jun 6, 2014, 05:42 theyarecomingforyou

dj LiTh wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 13:52:
CryEngine 3 was used for Crysis2, and wasnt that one of the big complaints, the small environments? Also even a big environment in a fps would be minuscule in a space setting.
Space is a big environment but there's relatively little in it, so it balances out. The ships are incredibly detailed but with the appropriate LODs and tessellation that's not an issue.

SC now uses CryEngine, not CryEngine 3 - it's the 4th generation of the engine. The engine is being completely repurposed, including the move to 64bit precision. There simply isn't any engine designed for what CR is trying to achieve but CE is a good starting point.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Tropico 5 Sales Bask in the Sun
5. Re: Tropico 5 Sales Bask in the Sun Jun 5, 2014, 06:09 theyarecomingforyou

I loved Tropico 4, so I'll definitely be picking up Tropico 5. The idea of multiplayer/co-op is really appealing. However, I'll be waiting for the inevitable sale.  

News Comments > Dead Rising 3 Steam Plans?
5. Re: Dead Rising 3 Steam Plans? Jun 5, 2014, 06:07 theyarecomingforyou

Fantaz wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 04:19:
well i don't think any Xbox One exclusive game will stay exclusive for long...

though Xbox One has in my eyes redeemed itself now that it does not require Kinect. i might pick up an XB1 later when it goes <$299 and Halo 5 comes out.
The only reason to buy an XB1 is for the exclusives, like Halo. Otherwise it is outperformed by the PS4 in every respect, which in turn is outperformed by the PC. Personally buying an XB1 to play Halo on a controller is a no-go.

56. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Released Jun 4, 2014, 13:29 theyarecomingforyou

panbient wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 11:17:
What's up with those random looking polys around the edge of the UI (especially the stuff covering the Thrust Output)? The background planet looks really nice but I honestly can't tell if those shapes are supposed to be hull or wreckage.
The game glitches out. Basically after several minutes of playing the visuals get screwed up - textures go missing, random shapes start appearing, etc. That's after disabling SLI, as before that it's a flickering mess of ultra-bright colours.

When it works it's quite enjoyable and the visuals are decent but it's pretty terrible at the moment.

29. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Released Jun 4, 2014, 11:04 theyarecomingforyou

Looking good.

Screenshot 1 Screenshot 2 Screenshot 3

News Comments > Star Citizen at $44M
38. Re: Star Citizen at $44M May 24, 2014, 20:51 theyarecomingforyou

[VG]Reagle wrote on May 24, 2014, 20:30:
Roberts not only worked on freelancer but was in charge of it before he sold it off.
Chris Roberts left Digital Anvil is 2000. Freelancer was released in 2003.

Looking at your post history it's obvious you're a troll, so I honestly don't know why I'm even responding.

Jerykk wrote on May 24, 2014, 18:03:
A bit concerned at how little progress this game has made. Elite Dangerous has made significantly more progress with only a fraction of the budget.
You wouldn't be concerned if you followed the progress on YouTube (Wingman's Hangar, 10 For The Chairman, The Next Great Starship) or the forums. The scope of SC is unlike any game we've seen before and that takes time. We'll get to see the first results of that in less than a week with the release of Arena Commander (the Dogfighting Module).

Elite Dangerous has a fraction of the fidelity or complexity, so it should progress a lot more quickly.

News Comments > Star Wars: Attack Squadrons Revealed
56. Re: Star Wars: Attack Squadrons Revealed May 24, 2014, 17:41 theyarecomingforyou

This game looked like a trainwreck to begin with, so I'm not surprised it was cancelled. It looks like Disney is taking the Star Wars brand seriously and doesn't want its image tarnished by half-assed games like this.

It would be awesome to see LucasArts licence the Star Citizen engine and produce a high-fidelity Star Wars game, a spiritual successor to Tie Fighter. I have less than zero interest in a F2P casual game like this abortion.

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander This Month
34. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander This Month May 18, 2014, 05:54 theyarecomingforyou

Sugarman wrote on May 18, 2014, 05:48:
I'm ticket # 36,000 something. Original backer from October 2012. No regrets here.
Ditto. I'm #10002.

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander This Month
30. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander This Month May 18, 2014, 05:25 theyarecomingforyou

The Blue's News organisation is up to 9 members now. Hopefully that will rise significantly after launch, as I know most people are waiting for the final game before picking it up.

For anyone who hasn't been keeping up, CIG is planning to introduce ship upgrades that will let you keep LTI. That will be great for those with the basic Aurora looking to upgrade to say the 300i.

The results of The Next Great Starship aren't far away now - I'm rooting for Four Horsemen.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Alpha 4 Released; Premium Beta This Month
11. Re: Elite: Dangerous Alpha May 17, 2014, 08:10 theyarecomingforyou

El Pit wrote on May 17, 2014, 03:40:
Yeah, let's all be harsh on this game and the people behind it. How dare they make you pay for early access to alpha and beta?
Seriously, let's be harsh on it. Anyone who backed SC at the time got full alpha and beta access as well as the final game for just $35, less than the cost of a regular AAA game. You can still pick up the game and alpha access to the DFM for $35. Meanwhile ED costs $150, which is three times the cost of a normal finished game. So yeah, fuck them.

News Comments > Ultra Street Fighter IV in August
8. Re: Ultra Street Fighter IV in August May 16, 2014, 17:11 theyarecomingforyou

Yawn. It's time to move onto another game rather than rehashing the same thing over and over and over and over and over. Still, they're going to have to work hard to catch up with King's Bounty, which has taken flogging a dead horse to a whole new level.  

News Comments > Titanfall Patch Adds "Extreme" Frame Rate Support
4. Re: Titanfall Patch Adds May 13, 2014, 10:45 theyarecomingforyou

peteham wrote on May 13, 2014, 10:23:
Where's the patch to reduce the ridiculous install-size due to uncompressed audio?
Did they really use uncompressed audio? Wall

News Comments > 4A Games Expanding; Unannounced Metro Game Plans
2. Re: 4A Games Expanding; Unannounced Metro Game Plans May 13, 2014, 10:14 theyarecomingforyou

Woohoo! Awesome news.  

News Comments > Titanfall Patch Adds "Extreme" Frame Rate Support
1. Re: Titanfall Patch Adds May 13, 2014, 10:08 theyarecomingforyou

And why didn't the game support them before?  

News Comments > Halo PC GameSpy Fix Coming
9. Re: Halo PC GameSpy Fix Coming May 13, 2014, 07:47 theyarecomingforyou

Halo was pretty bad on PC. It was a game people had to play, especially after all the hype before it was announced it would be a console exclusive, but it was impossible to avoid the conclusion it would have been much, much better as a PC / Mac exclusive.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue May 9, 2014, 16:17 theyarecomingforyou

Cutter wrote on May 9, 2014, 12:31:
You do realize that a LIVING wage - not MINIMUM wage - makes for a much stronger economy, right? No, of course you don't. When America was at its peak it had strong unions, trade protectionism, and corporations and the rich actually paid taxes. Yet, for some reason your ilk thought it was best to end all that. Well you see how that's worked out. Oh wait, you don't because you still think millionaires and billionaires still deserve more and working stiffs still deserve less.
This. The US was most successful when it had extremely high taxes on the rich and workers were respected and protected. Nowadays it's all about how people can step on those below them to get further up the chain.

Providing a living wage to people at the bottom doesn't in any way diminish what those further up the chain have. People who partake in the system should be rewarded for that, not given a wage that barely covers themselves let alone any family they might have. What's worse is that taxpayers pick up the tab for all the tax breaks required to supplement the minimum wage. Companies like Walmart are actually a net drain on the economy.

News Comments > Tropico 5 Multiplayer Trailer
8. Re: Tropico 5 Multiplayer Trailer May 9, 2014, 16:04 theyarecomingforyou

I'm really looking forward to Tropico 5, what with the addition of co-op and multiplayer. It's a surprisingly addictive formula and one of the few games to hold my attention for any period of time. It's a nice change to Civ 5, which I play far too much.  

News Comments > Oculus Responds to ZeniMax Accusations
38. Re: Oculus Responds to ZeniMax Accusations May 5, 2014, 15:38 theyarecomingforyou

ZeniMax wanted a stake in the Oculus Rift and threw its toys out of the pram when it couldn't get its way, cancelling the Doom 3 edition that was going to support it. Carmack wrote some code for Doom 3 to get it to support the OR but that remains with ZeniMax, so that's irrelevant.

ZeniMax wants money for doing nothing. It's the epitome of sleazy capitalism. ZeniMax can fuck off and die in a ditch.

News Comments > Oculus Responds to ZeniMax Accusations
10. Re: Oculus Responds to ZeniMax Accusations May 5, 2014, 10:35 theyarecomingforyou

Fuck ZeniMax. That is all.  

News Comments > Unreal Tournament Reveal Teased for Next Week
33. Re: Unreal Tournament Reveal Teased for Next Week May 3, 2014, 06:55 theyarecomingforyou

The original game was the best. Each subsequent release lost some of the magic and became more arcadey.

Given what we saw with the Deus Ex mock-up in UE4, now is probably the right time to be looking at a new UT game.

My concern is that the gameplay that made the original game so fun is just too dated now. I don't play competitive FPS games like I used to.

6008 Comments. 301 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo