Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonas Taylor

Real Name Jonas Taylor   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname theyarecomingforyou
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 8, 2005, 11:25
Total Comments 5984 (Guru)
User ID 22891

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > ZeniMax vs. Oculus and Carmack on VR Tech
46. Re: ZeniMax vs. Oculus and Carmack on VR Tech May 2, 2014, 03:15 theyarecomingforyou

1badmf wrote on May 2, 2014, 00:06:
if there's gonna be a blue's SC group then count me in. already have my 315p and cutlass at the ready. also a golden ticket holder, so i'll probably be in one of the first waves of invites for the DFM. i'm sumdumfu over there btw.
Yeah, I'm a golden ticket holder too and should be able to get to play it quite early on. I've just got the Aurora.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

39. Re: ZeniMax vs. Oculus and Carmack on VR Tech May 1, 2014, 19:54 theyarecomingforyou

jdreyer wrote on May 1, 2014, 19:01:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on May 1, 2014, 16:43:
The evil Zenimax Empire strikes again.

That's cool. I'll sign up.
Cool. The more the merrier.

21. Re: ZeniMax vs. Oculus and Carmack on VR Tech May 1, 2014, 16:43 theyarecomingforyou

The evil Zenimax Empire strikes again.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
12. Re: Morning Metaverse May 1, 2014, 15:01 theyarecomingforyou

The FCC, like so many US regulatory bodies, is completely ineffectual when it comes to standing up against business interests. The EU recently passed a law ensuring network neutrality, while the US continues down the route of pandering to monopolies and oligopolies. This is even more concerning when you realise that one-third of Americans don't have a choice when it comes to broadband provider.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $43 Million
79. Re: Star Citizen Hits $43 Million May 1, 2014, 07:39 theyarecomingforyou

Personally I'm quite intrigued by the idea of inequality in the game. Some have purchased large ships while others will earn them in-game, while others will be using much smaller and less well-equipped ships. In many respects that's like real life, where you rarely have equally matched armies.

The big equaliser is the organisation system. A squadron of smaller ships working together will be able to take down much larger ships. It will make the victories all the more rewarding. The last thing people want is everyone flying the same ships with the same capabilities, where every increase in firepower or shields is balanced by a decrease in maneuverability or speed.

I've created a Blue's News organisation for anyone interested in joining. There's no required commitment - people can commit as much or as little time as they like.

News Comments > Wolfenstein Gameplay Trailer
29. Re: Wolfenstein Gameplay Trailer Apr 30, 2014, 04:24 theyarecomingforyou

Ha, I just read the Steam page. Apparently it will have a "deep game narrative" and be rendered in "stunning detail". Hilarious.  

28. Re: Wolfenstein Gameplay Trailer Apr 30, 2014, 04:21 theyarecomingforyou

ItBurn wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 22:58:
Is it really the Rage engine? If so, I'm scared, the textures in rage were horrrrrrible.
Yup, though it won't be using MegaTexture to the same extent. Even so, just look at the terrible texture quality and lighting in the trailer. As for the gameplay, it will probably be fun for about 30 minutes before the novelty wears off.

It certainly won't be worth picking up until a major Steam sale. It's hilarious that it has been priced as a AAA game.

11. Re: Wolfenstein Gameplay Trailer Apr 29, 2014, 20:21 theyarecomingforyou

Worst. Lipsync. Ever.

This looks shit and it's based on the RAGE engine so that's an immediate pass.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $43 Million
35. Re: Star Citizen Hits $43 Million Apr 29, 2014, 12:39 theyarecomingforyou

Frags4Fun wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 10:25:
My biggest question about this game is the engine. It has never been proven capable of doing the things that a game like SC would require like massive open areas with planets, space stations, etc.
No engine has ever proven capable of doing the things that Star Citizen is doing, so that's really a moot point. The Bengal Carrier has over 700m polys, which completely eclipses games like Ryse (85m) and Infamous: Second Son (120m). It's an incredibly ambitious project but it's at least being headed by someone with extensive experience in the industry and a great track record. Starlancer and the Wing Commander games were some of my favourite games.

I'm looking forward to the details about the actors involved, as given the length of the script and talent involved they reckon it will cost up to $10m (a quarter of their current budget) according to the latest Wingman's Hangar. This project has the potential to redefine PC gaming.

News Comments > Star Citizen "Coming Together"
60. Re: Star Citizen Apr 27, 2014, 11:03 theyarecomingforyou

Redmask wrote on Apr 27, 2014, 10:06:
Flo wrote on Apr 27, 2014, 08:21:
I doubt that SC is "coming together" the same way Elite: Dangerous is coming together.

Why?
It doesn't matter as it's not even a sensible comparison. Elite: Dangerous is a very basic game with a fraction of the depth or graphical fidelity. It's like comparing Pong to Far Cry 3.

News Comments > Star Citizen "Coming Together"
13. Re: Star Citizen Apr 26, 2014, 16:21 theyarecomingforyou

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 26, 2014, 13:06:
Well any band can sound decent in the studio with all the digital wizardry you can do... The real test is performing live, and that's what RSI failed.
Developers don't usually show off content so early in development. I mean, we've seen the same thing happen to Microsoft when demoing upcoming versions of Windows - shit happens.

The game is a LONG way off being released in final form and I am more than happy about the progress being made after following Wingman's Hangar and 10 For The Chairman videos. The philosophy behind the game is as impressive as the technical accomplishments.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Multiplayer Video
17. Re: Watch Dogs Multiplayer Video Apr 24, 2014, 06:13 theyarecomingforyou

Whiskers wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 21:13:
The driving looked more Saints Row than GTA to me, which is not the way I would prefer it. I loved the handling / physics of GTA 4. Wish this was closer to that.
The handling in GTA 4 was fun but it wasn't even slightly realistic - cars wobbled around like jelly at high speeds and the crashes were just comical. This looks less arcadey but the question is whether it's fun to play and whether it feels responsive.

News Comments > Borderlands 1 & Civilization III/IV MP Moving to Steam
3. Re: Borderlands 1 & Civilization III/IV MP Moving to Steam Apr 22, 2014, 20:58 theyarecomingforyou

Sensible move and not surprising given that both Civilization 5 and Borderlands 2 utilise Steamworks.  

News Comments > King's Bounty: Dark Side Announced
1. Re: King's Bounty: Dark Side Announced Apr 22, 2014, 09:40 theyarecomingforyou

I love King's Bounty but they REALLY need to update the engine. It's getting to be a joke now.  

News Comments > Steam Guard Scam Warning
18. Re: Steam Guard Scam Warning Apr 18, 2014, 07:44 theyarecomingforyou

Suppa7 wrote on Apr 18, 2014, 03:37:
Bullshit, it doesn't take being 'a computer whiz' or a 'nerd' you're just stupid. Phishing scams are easy to detect by looking at the user interface and/or source of what it is you're looking at. In the age of google, nobody has any excuses. You can fucking go ask on a forum or look it up. You don't have to be a 'whiz' you can go ask people who know.
One can be careless without being stupid. Even if we were to assume that everyone who falls for this must be stupid, do those people not deserve protecting from scammers? Does Valve not have an obligation to protect all of its users, including the 'stupid' ones?

People shouldn't fall for it but they do. Therefore the issue is what can be done to mitigate or eliminate the issue.

News Comments > Tropico 5 Limited Special Edition Announced; Steam Pre-Purchases Begin
2. Re: Tropico 5 Limited Special Edition Announced; Steam Pre-Purchases Begin Apr 18, 2014, 05:18 theyarecomingforyou

I loved Tropico 4 so I'll definitely be picking this up at some point.  

News Comments > 2D Prince of Persia Rumor
1. Re: 2D Prince of Persia Rumor Apr 17, 2014, 21:59 theyarecomingforyou

Sounds good to me. I loved the original 2D games.  

News Comments > Steam Guard Scam Warning
5. Re: Steam Guard Scam Warning Apr 17, 2014, 12:27 theyarecomingforyou

It would be nice if Valve offered something more substantial, like the Battle.net Authenticator. They could even build it into their mobile app.

The problem with this sort of scam is that it looks incredibly similar to the legitimate prompt. People often notice a secure connection when it's there but not so much when it's not (it's not like it flashes up red). This could quite easily catch out less experienced computer users.

The security of Steam accounts is essential, especially given how much can be attached to them. Valve has certainly improved security a lot but it could go further.

News Comments > Sid Meierís Civilization: Beyond Earth Details
15. Re: Sid Meierís Civilization: Beyond Earth Details Apr 14, 2014, 06:26 theyarecomingforyou

Civ 5 is easily the best in the franchise, especially with the expansions. The game made a lot of bold choices: the removal of stacked units, allowing cities to defend themselves, the move to hex tiles, the World Congress, tourism, caravans, capturing cities by sea, etc. But they allowed for much greater depth, rather than the unit spam and easy to capture cities that defined the previous games.

As for this game, it's clear that the gameplay will be very different to Civ 5. For starters cities will start as outposts and take a long time to develop, making them more vulnerable. Then there's alien life that you'll be able to interact with on the planet, plus the whole communications-with-Earth thing. And the screenshots show very different visuals.

I just hope this game is fully fleshed out, as Civilization IV: Colonization had a fundamentally broken end-game which ruined the enjoyment.

News Comments > Civilization: Beyond Earth Revealed?
26. Re: Civilization: Beyond Earth Revealed? Apr 13, 2014, 10:48 theyarecomingforyou

Yes please. That is all.  

5984 Comments. 300 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo