Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonas Taylor

Real Name Jonas Taylor   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname theyarecomingforyou
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 8, 2005, 11:25
Total Comments 5973 (Guru)
User ID 22891

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale Day Four
52. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Day Four Nov 25, 2012, 10:32 theyarecomingforyou

I've used my debit card on GMG numerous times and never had an issue.  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Day Four Nov 24, 2012, 19:21 theyarecomingforyou

Yosemite Sam wrote on Nov 24, 2012, 19:09:
$5 eh, hmmm. I could wait till it's $2.50... ah what the hell I'll splurge

EDIT: any of the three DLC packs worth getting, seeing as they are all %75 off ATM.
Only 'The Missing Link' - the rest are junk.

21. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Day Four Nov 24, 2012, 19:20 theyarecomingforyou

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Nov 24, 2012, 18:34:
I was just trying to pick up Dishonored at GMG, but it won't let me buy it. No buy button on the game's page, and the buy button that was on the front page just led to a 404 error. Now the game doesn't seem to show up at all, even when searching for it.
They seem to have removed the digital version and the DVD-ROM version is out of stock. Sounds like they've exceeded their allotment.

Anyway, I'm glad that the new King's Bounty went on sale. I'm a huge fan of the series but I couldn't justify the UK price when it's basically a rehash of the previous games. I was happy to grab it at 50% off and I've already sunk 5hrs into it. It's more of the same but that's good for me.

Btw, if Dear Esther comes around again (it was in the flash sales) then I highly recommend it. It's short and it doesn't have any interaction or combat, but the atmosphere is excellent and it's really original. I took a few screenshots: Night Sky; Wilderness; Beach but they really don't do it justice; you really have to play it to understand.

News Comments > Black Ops II Patch Increases FOV
12. Re: Black Ops II Patch Increases FOV Nov 22, 2012, 16:34 theyarecomingforyou

DangerDog wrote on Nov 22, 2012, 15:17:
Nice effort but I would think the main reason that consoles are 60 to 65 is it creates an artificial zoom effect, it's less about the peripheral view and more about the focal distance and wanting to make things on the TV screen bigger / easier to see.

the boost in FPS performance can't be ignored either.
As the video points out, 60-65 is actually the optimum FOV for consoles. The performance boost and zoom effect are simply bonuses.

News Comments > Star Citizen Grace Period
8. Re: Star Citizen Grace Period Nov 22, 2012, 06:49 theyarecomingforyou

InBlack wrote on Nov 22, 2012, 04:18:
Oh great so I get insurance for my ship but my pilot somehow miraculously survives the explosion??? Way to go about destroying immersion....
Yeah, I mean it's not like it would have an escape pod or anything.

News Comments > Mirror's Edge 2 in Development
15. Re: Mirror's Edge 2 in Development Nov 21, 2012, 13:16 theyarecomingforyou

NegaDeath wrote on Nov 21, 2012, 13:00:
Nice to know they'll let Dice go back to a non-BF IP.
More likely this is a separate studio with the same name, like EA did with BioWare. It can't be the main studio, as they're working on BF4.

News Comments > Mirror's Edge 2 in Development
12. Re: Mirror's Edge 2 in Development Nov 21, 2012, 12:50 theyarecomingforyou

I'd love to be excited about this, as I really enjoyed the original. Unfortunately this is EA we're talking about, so it won't be available on Steam and they're pretty good at fucking up franchises.  

News Comments > Nuketown 2025 II Map Pulled from Black Ops 2 Playlists
27. Re: Nuketown 2025 II Map Pulled from Black Ops 2 Playlists Nov 20, 2012, 10:42 theyarecomingforyou

Fibrocyte wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 10:26:
Look, I get it. You're a hardcore PC gamer and you get weirdly jealous when a game designed for consoles gets a lot of attention. Hell, you're so hardcore that you post your gaming rig details in your signature. That's HARDCORE! Speaking of bullshit, did you actually buy two GTX680 cards and SLI them?
Heh. Yeah, it's best not to take me seriously... I say a lot of random shit.

News Comments > Nuketown 2025 II Map Pulled from Black Ops 2 Playlists
25. Re: Nuketown 2025 II Map Pulled from Black Ops 2 Playlists Nov 20, 2012, 10:03 theyarecomingforyou

Fibrocyte wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 06:15:
I found it there, too, just a short while ago and couldn't help but smile after all the BS posted in this thread.
The only bullshit in this thread is you admitting that you actually bought this game.

News Comments > Star Citizen Kickstarter Reaches for the Stars
65. Re: Star Citizen Kickstarter Reaches for the Stars Nov 20, 2012, 08:01 theyarecomingforyou

DangerDog wrote on Nov 19, 2012, 21:11:
Okay, now space sim people need to give Elite:Dangerous kickstarter some love.
As much as I love space sims, that Kickstarter offers me zero confidence in the game. I just don't see how it's going to come close to Star Citizen with a fraction of the budget.

News Comments > Croteam on Windows 8 Issues
153. Re: Croteam on Windows 8 Issues Nov 19, 2012, 14:51 theyarecomingforyou

John wrote on Nov 19, 2012, 10:37:
So you actually bought WinME and Vista?
I certainly did. WinME was a mistake - I bought the upgrade and it crashed when I first went to install it. I ended up having lots of driver and stability issues, so I ended up going back to Win98SE. As for Vista, I was very happy with it - most games performed faster and it was a huge improvement on the desktop (well, it's what Win7 was based on). It was only really slower systems that had issues with it.

I've bought every consumer version of Windows since 3.1 and being an early upgrader has improved with every release, to the point where I haven't found anything incompatible with Windows 8 yet (undoubtedly there is a lot of software but nothing that I use).

News Comments > Rockstar: GTA 5 for PC "Up for Consideration"
29. Re: Rockstar: GTA 5 for PC Nov 19, 2012, 13:05 theyarecomingforyou

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 19, 2012, 12:47:
wOW. Soo they aren't promising a PC edition? Crazy.
Even if they do it will be swamped in the media blitz that will accompany Microsoft's (and Sony's?) new console at the end of 2013 and it will also be competing with Watch Dogs. That's without even considering the backlash after the terrible PC port of GTAIV.

If Rockstar were to port GTAV to PC they would have to do an exceptional job and that's without even considering whether GTAV actually improves the gameplay for the series, as the previously game was decidedly lacking and hasn't aged well. Don't get me wrong, that's certainly possible - Alan Wake demonstrates that. It just seems very, very unlikely.

Oh, and if they're going to include Rockstar Socialcunt Club then they might as well just stop right now.

News Comments > Star Citizen Kickstarter Reaches for the Stars
14. Re: Star Citizen Kickstarter Reaches for the Stars Nov 19, 2012, 12:59 theyarecomingforyou

Creston wrote on Nov 19, 2012, 11:39:
Every time I watch his updates, I just giggle at Braben's terse "Thank you for all the support" crap and no footage of any kind whatsoever other than his talking face in front of a monitor that shows a few screenshots they whipped together in a day. I feel sorry for all the people who support that.
I can understand why people want to support Elite: Dangerous - what with the dearth of space sims on the market - but it just looks shoddy. Meanwhile, Chris Roberts has created an amazing prototype for so early on and there is already a strong basis for it - not only that but it's based on CryEngine3, so we know it will scale well (especially as Star Citizen won't be released until 2014-15).

Optional Nickname! wrote on Nov 19, 2012, 12:46:
The negativism towards this game is unwarranted and much like the guy who poo-poos the brand of vodka the party host has provided in a failed attempt to impress the pretty girl he's chatting up, you can be walked away from and ignored.
I wouldn't say there has much much "negativism", just healthy scepticism.

Anyway, I decided that despite my earlier statements about not buying it unless it's on Steam that I'd support it anyway. I can always buy it again later but I really wanted to get in on the alpha and beta tests.

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
1. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Nov 19, 2012, 12:39 theyarecomingforyou

The charts don't include digital distribution, which makes them effectively worthless. As for the Sims, it's a franchise typically played by those less knowledgeable about gaming and digital distribution in general, so it's no surprise to see it topping Black Ops 2.

Looking at the Steam stats it's clear that Blacks Op 2 has sold pretty well, as it is already the second most played game on Steam.

25. Re: Rockstar: GTA 5 for PC Nov 19, 2012, 12:25 theyarecomingforyou

Yakubs wrote on Nov 19, 2012, 12:18:
Is adding actual gameplay up for consideration as well?
Right after adding anti-aliasing support... so never.

10. Re: Rockstar: GTA 5 for PC "Up for Consideration" Nov 19, 2012, 11:16 theyarecomingforyou

What utter bullshit. Rockstar is part of Take-Two, which regularly releases games across multiple platforms. Heck, even Rockstar studios - of which there are many - manage near-simultaneous releases.

The reality is that they whored themselves out to Microsoft and Sony. At this point they might as well, considering they've pissed away any good will that PC gamers had towards them.

I hope they all get Ebola in their face.

News Comments > Star Citizen Funding Homestretch; Video
48. Re: Star Citizen Funding Homestretch; Video Nov 19, 2012, 11:10 theyarecomingforyou

Okay, I caved. I've added my support for the game because I really wanted access to the alpha and beta. If they add Steam support automatically then that's great; if not then I'll simply buy the game again on Steam.  

47. Re: Star Citizen Funding Homestretch; Video Nov 19, 2012, 11:01 theyarecomingforyou

Holy shit, it's up to $5.8m with 3hrs to go.  

24. Re: Star Citizen Funding Homestretch; Video Nov 19, 2012, 05:34 theyarecomingforyou

InBlack wrote on Nov 19, 2012, 04:04:
I swear I will tear someone's heart out if this turns out to be a glorfied SpaceMMO ala EvE...

Not that this is such a bad thing but im with Prez on this one. We NEED a good solid singleplayer Space Sim first...
Personally I'm hoping that Chirs Roberts can be the first to properly bridge the gap between singleplayer and co-op / multiplayer. Games like Borderlands 2 are great for co-op but they have very little narrative; games like The Old Republic have the multiplayer and storytelling side but shit gameplay. If CR can get the balance right and create a sustainable, singleplayer game with multiplayer elements then I'll be all over it - and I don't mind contributing to non-gameplay related items to support the universe, as long as its not pay-to-win (which he say it isn't).

When I read the details of the persistent universe and how you can operate in the safe, well-policed areas or take your chances on the fringes I just can't help think of all the potential. From the video I can certainly picture elements of BSG and Tie Fighter, while parts of it remind me of Starlancer (an awesome game).

As I've said, as soon as this is released on Steam I'll be picking it up and I'm happy to pay full asking price. It's just a shame that it's years away from a release date.

News Comments > Hitman: Absolution Reviews
31. Re: Hitman: Absolution Reviews Nov 19, 2012, 04:35 theyarecomingforyou

Trevellian wrote on Nov 18, 2012, 23:18:
Adam Sessler of old Xplay fame has found his way to doing video reviews on the internet. Thank goodness for that because I loved the guy.

From his Review as far as I can tell he mentions 3 things repeatedly. Massive Levels, Multiple Paths and Methods, Plays like a Hitman Game.
Massive levels? Seems dubious considering other reviews specifically mention that levels are broken up into multiple sections, likely because of limitations relating to consoles.

Trevellian wrote on Nov 18, 2012, 23:18:
I find PC Gamers review hard to believe based on his Video Review, which, you know. Has Video evidence... and such.
I'm sorry but you're in denial. Just watch the Gametrailers video review - which, you know, has video evidence - that was posted earlier, as they slate the game. Wanting a game to be good doesn't make it good.

PS - I could barely watch any of that Adam Sessler video; he strikes me as a pretentious prick. If you trust his opinion then I would suggest that gaming isn't really for you.

5973 Comments. 299 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo