Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonas Taylor

Real Name Jonas Taylor   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname theyarecomingforyou
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 8, 2005, 11:25
Total Comments 6042 (Guru)
User ID 22891

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Remedy Teases 2013 Plans
13. Re: Remedy Teases 2013 Plans Jan 2, 2013, 14:24 theyarecomingforyou

I was very critical of Remedy for announcing they were dropping the PC as a platform for Alan Wake at the time and just as much when I heard they were going to be releasing it on PC nearly two years later. However, it was a really well done port and the graphics were exceptional (a dramatic improvement on the console version). Mouse and keyboard was properly implemented and it was well optimised. They also discounted the game and included all the DLC as standard, which was a nice gesture after the massive delay.

Kajetan wrote on Jan 2, 2013, 09:43:
I would like to see a PC game for PCs, not just a port with horrible controls and weird design descisions, which may be ok with a console crowd but annoys the heck out of PC players. Remedy and Steam forums are full of PC players complaining about the mouse/keyboard controls and the "unusual" camera positions.
That really wasn't my experience at all. The mouse had mouse smoothing enabled by default but with it disabled it was much more responsive. As for the camera positions, I didn't have any issues. In fact it was very well done for a third-person game.

I for one am very interested to see what Remedy will be doing next, especially as it sounds like it will be released on PC (otherwise they wouldn't announce it when promoting a Steam sale).

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Torchlight 2 Sells 1MM
4. Re: Torchlight 2 Sells 1MM Jan 1, 2013, 14:20 theyarecomingforyou

Great game. They deserve to sell a lot more than just a million copies.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V in March?
22. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in March? Jan 1, 2013, 10:48 theyarecomingforyou

Orphic Resonance wrote on Jan 1, 2013, 10:43:
i dont know if this has anything to do with LA Noire performance issues... but one thing that was weird as shit to me was how Dead Island gets easily 15fps more by using a gamepad instead of the mouse... like there is some kind of really shitty code handling the tracking for it
I noticed with GTAIV that it seemed much smoother when using a gamepad, which is because they smooth the movement and optimise loading around it. I don't think it actually performs any better, it just helps mask the framerate drops.

13. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in March? Dec 31, 2012, 20:28 theyarecomingforyou

SectorEffector wrote on Dec 31, 2012, 17:22:
Reread most of that and tell me how you didn't just agree with me at the end but you frosted your response with your tidbits with Max payne 3. Who gives a fuck about the in game videos, seriously. As long as they aren't 320x240 bink's then I could care less. ESP when we are arguing the engine being optimized.. not whether or not the cinematics lead wants to push that event off on to a prerendered vid or not.
The videos were rendered at console level quality, with low resolution textures, no anti-aliasing and were heavily compressed. It was incredibly jarring going from 2560x1600 maxed out to ultra-shitty console quality and it soured the entire experience for me - especially considering that the game was 30GB in size. There simply was no excuse for such low quality videos, especially when they'd have looked great rendered in-game (something easily possible on PC).

Also please let me know if you have any evidence that the PC version is being worked on or not being worked on right now. ( we know there is a year delay between releases, but don't assume they have NOBODY on it right now. )
They've publicly stated that there is no PC release currently planned, so your assumption goes against what Rockstar has said publicly.

BTW La Noire and Max Payne were fine with me. Not a moment passed where I was thinking about how shitty the port was.
You thought LA Noire was an acceptable port? For starters it was limited to 30fps, which is absolutely unacceptable. And the graphics looked like ass. MP3 looked decent but there were issues with the gameplay and the FMV; it wasn't terrible but it could have been a lot better.

You should direct your hate to a couple other companies who don't just crap on the PC, they downright make PR statements assaulting the platform.
Rockstar treats PC gamers with contempt, so they absolutely deserve the criticism I have directed at them. There may be worse companies but that's like ranking serial killers by their depravity when they're all fucking sickos.

7. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in March? Dec 31, 2012, 15:09 theyarecomingforyou

SectorEffector wrote on Dec 31, 2012, 13:50:
Or it will turn out like Max Payne 3.... which was running silky smooth and looking very, VERY good. It still had that stupid extra bit of bloat for logging in and stats, but that's easily overlooked when it runs perfect.

Did you play Max Payne 3? Same engine, and it seemed to me like it was much more optimized engine wise then GTA IV was.
Firstly, Max Payne 3 for PC was developed simultaneously with the console version - that isn't the case with GTAV. Secondly, the environments were much smaller. Thirdly, the in-game videos were shockingly low quality - absolutely disgusting for a modern game, especially when they were used so extensively. And the gameplay was really weak, which was a criticism I had of GTAIV as well. Also, the media put out for MP3 actually looked decent and Rockstar was happy to show off gameplay; everything shown for GTAV is a mess of low polygon models, low resolution textures and poor quality lighting and they won't show any gameplay videos. Obviously MP3 was a better port than GTAIV but it certainly wasn't up to the standards set by games like Far Cry 3, Borderlands 2 or Arkham City.

Don't forget that it was Rockstar that ported LA Noire to PC, which was a technical disaster. I appreciate that they took over from another developer, so I don't hold them entirely responsible, but even so it was in a pretty disgusting state.

If Rockstar cared about PC gamers then they'd do a simultaneous release, like they did with MP3. They're too busy enjoying cocaine parties thrown by Microsoft to give a shit about integrity.

4. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in March? Dec 31, 2012, 13:12 theyarecomingforyou

jacobvandy wrote on Dec 31, 2012, 12:58:
Forget that! The sooner it comes out for consoles, the sooner we get it on PC.
The sooner we can get a shitty console port that's poorly optimised, has terrible graphics and is bundled with layer upon layer of shitware (SecuROM, GFWL, Rockstar Cuntclub).

By the time it's released on PC - if it makes it at all - the next-gen consoles will be out, so it will look doubly dated. Watchdogs looks much more promising. I much prefer to support Ubisoft, as at least they put a lot of effort into their PC ports (Far Cry 2/3, Assassin's Creed series, etc) and their UPlay software is relatively painless (easily preferable to GFWL).

I'll start caring when Rockstar stops whoring itself out to Microsoft and Sony and actually treats the PC platform with respect.

News Comments > etc., etc.
19. Re: etc., etc. Dec 22, 2012, 05:43 theyarecomingforyou

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 22, 2012, 01:43:
Couldn't we just bring troops home and put THEM in the schools? 3 to a school....They stay employed and they are here with their famalies....
Soldiers are already doing that voluntarily but it's pathetic that schools are so unsafe that they feel the need to do that.

News Comments > etc., etc.
18. Re: etc., etc. Dec 22, 2012, 05:40 theyarecomingforyou

If you need armed guards in schools then you've already failed. The US needs to fundamental overhaul of firearms regulations. Just look at the UK - we heavily regulate firearms and have very little gun crime. And guns are still legal here - in fact we have four shotguns (semi-automatic, side-by-side, pump-action and regular) and a rifle in our house, plus I used to be a member of the local gun club.

The US needs to get over its obsession with firearms. The last thing it should be doing is throwing more guns at the situation. And rather than blaming movies or video games it should blame the news and the US military policy of illegal and senseless drone strikes - now THAT would kick off a shit storm.

News Comments > Ubisoft Eyeing THQ?
25. Re: Ubisoft Eyeing THQ? Dec 22, 2012, 05:29 theyarecomingforyou

Hopefully Valve will buy up the whole company, as I think that would be the best outcome. If not then Ubisoft is probably one of the better publishers, as it releases games on Steam and does excellent PC ports - EA would boycott Steam and require Origin; Activision would increase the price of games, make them all yearly series and fleece you on DLC; Bethesda seems to have no quality control;. 2K Games could be another reasonable choice but even though it has a larger revenue than Ubisoft it has a much lower operating income - it's really not being managed well.

UPlay certainly isn't necessary and is a minor annoyance but it's nothing compared to GFWL and it didn't really bother me with Far Cry 3.

News Comments > Steam Stops Selling The War Z
9. Re: Steam Stops Selling The War Z Dec 19, 2012, 16:07 theyarecomingforyou

Jivaro wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 15:55:
This interview was both maddening and hilarious..all at the same time...

Gamespy asking Sergey Titov WTF
Wow. Just... wow. That's some fucked up logic there.

News Comments > THQ Files for Chapter 11; Plans Sale
11. Re: THQ Files for Chapter 11; Plans Sale Dec 19, 2012, 15:59 theyarecomingforyou

I think everybody saw this coming. Hopefully the decent IP they have will find its way to decent publishers.  

News Comments > Medal of Honor Warfighter Support Waning?
12. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter Support Waning? Dec 19, 2012, 15:27 theyarecomingforyou

DangerDog wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 12:39:
Why would you keep supporting a game when only a few people are playing it?
Because the shelf-life of a game is typically one to two years and with dedicated servers they can keep going for over a decade (just look at Counter-Strike). Nobody would expect a game less than 6 months old to no longer have functioning online support, nor should they have to deal with that after spending their hard earned money on it. That's especially true when you're talking about a company like EA that can pool its support services together to reduce costs. EA should be offering support for LONGER than any other publisher.

News Comments > Medal of Honor Warfighter Support Waning?
5. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter Support Waning? Dec 19, 2012, 11:09 theyarecomingforyou

Just when you thought EA couldn't find any new ways to put off potential buyers they manage it. How any publisher can think that two-months is an acceptable amount of time to support a game for is beyond me.

As for Danger Close, they should have all been out of a job after the trainwreck that was the original game. The talented members would have been able to find a job elsewhere, while the rest would have been free to learn a new profession.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - RAGE: The Scorchers
46. Re: Ships Ahoy - RAGE: The Scorchers Dec 19, 2012, 10:11 theyarecomingforyou

netnerd85 wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 22:09:
1) Your opinion, the game is a beautiful work of Art. Stunning. (Yeah the rock in the corner looks a bit bland but thats not the focus, look at the weapons - STUNNING)
2) Just because you didn't notice it doesn't mean it wasn't there It's not a bloody physics-based game. It's a shooter and the gunplay is what counts.
3) Your opinion, story was good. The seperate clans was great.
4) Your opinion, I love that hologram dice board game thingo
5) Store page doesn't meantion "open world", it does say the world is open to explore which is true. Seems like you are a tad confused about what an open world is there.
6) 18 hours isn't short for a First Person Shooter game. This is not an open world game. Once you remove that confusion. It's a corridor shooter - the corridors are just connected by roads and towns.

1) No, the graphics were terrible. From 2D sprites, to ultra-compressed textures, low-polygon environments, terrible lighting and randomly low quality textures.
2) The physics was virtually non-existent. Terrible for a modern game.
3) Narrative was terrible, but that's par for the course for id.
4) Mini-games were worthless.
5) The media and interviews leading up to the game were incredibly misleading and I've never played a game with more invisible walls.
6) The game is nowhere near 18hr in length. I completed it in about 8hrs and I wasn't rushing, which is simply terrible for a game that was trying to be a non-linear, semi-open world experience. It didn't have any of the compelling story and scripting that quality singleplayer experience have.

The hate isn't "stupid" - it's well justified. RAGE was a trainwreck of a game, especially for those of us who played it at launch. I have no idea what the fuck Carmack was thinking when he made the game and I was very surprised that the game was a complete clusterfuck in terms of engine technology, when id previous had a good track record. The decision to optimise the game for consoles doomed it.

News Comments > EA Can't Say It Wasn't Warned About SimCity DRM
46. Re: EA Can't Say It Wasn't Warned About SimCity DRM Dec 18, 2012, 18:04 theyarecomingforyou

The big publishers just don't understand how much this sort of bullshit pisses people off. Just look at Star Citizen - it's a crowdfunded game and while they're look to do a lot with the online functionality they're also allowing offline play and private servers. That's pretty much exactly how games should be handled. SimCity is a singleplayer game and I have serious doubts about how beneficial it is to require an always-on connection - it seems more like something that should be optional.  

News Comments > PC Resident Evil 6 in March
18. Re: PC Resident Evil 6 in March Dec 18, 2012, 17:27 theyarecomingforyou

ItBurn wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 10:55:
I hated SF4. I got the super version or whatever. Everything is already unlocked except shit you don't care about. Also, the Ai is TERRIBLE. Like, inexcusably broken. There's little reason to play in single player, and that's what I like. Also, none of the characters interest me. I don't want to play the original ones, and the others are super boring. At least it was a decent PC port.
The regular version pissed me off because I spent lots of time unlocking the characters only to lose that progress when I formatted my computer, due to GFWL being a pain in the ass. I really don't understand why GFWL doesn't track your progress, like UPlay or Steam Cloud. That's especially inconvenient when GFWL encrypts saved data and makes you jump through hoops to back it up. I only really played SSFIV because my ex-girlfriend enjoyed playing it multiplayer.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - RAGE: The Scorchers
18. Re: Ships Ahoy - RAGE: The Scorchers Dec 18, 2012, 17:12 theyarecomingforyou

For what it's worth I thought Quake 4 was better than Doom 3, even though neither game was great.  

News Comments > Project GODUS Prototype Footage
14. Re: Project GODUS Prototype Footage Dec 18, 2012, 10:01 theyarecomingforyou

I assume he doesn't have the rights to Black & White any more but I'd love to see him do an unofficial sequel. He could call it Shades Of Grey.  

11. Re: PC Resident Evil 6 in March Dec 18, 2012, 09:59 theyarecomingforyou

ItBurn wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 07:13:
I can't remember the last game I liked from Capcom... I certainly haven't been anticipating any of their games in not so recent memory.
I liked Super Street Fighter IV but you're right - the majority of Capcom games are simply terrible. It's great that they still port them to the PC but I'm really not interested in buying them.

9. Re: PC Resident Evil 6 in March Dec 18, 2012, 06:29 theyarecomingforyou

RE5 was a trainwreck; RE6 looks worse.  

6042 Comments. 303 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo