Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonas Taylor

Real Name Jonas Taylor   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname theyarecomingforyou
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 8, 2005, 11:25
Total Comments 6550 (Guru)
User ID 22891

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Inventory Security
3. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Inventory Security Nov 26, 2015, 03:42 theyarecomingforyou

There are very few people out there without smartphones, so this is a sensible move. It's basically a push to get people using the SGMA, which will mitigate the risk of fraudulent trades. Generally it's easier to get access to someone's email account than it is their smartphone, especially nowadays with fingerprint scanners on phones.

I remember the frustration of my brother when he lost all his items in Diablo III because he wasn't using the Blizzard Authenticator. They eventually restored all his items but it was a major inconvenience.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Gratuitous Space Battles 2 Support
4. Re: On Gratuitous Space Battles 2 Support Nov 25, 2015, 11:20 theyarecomingforyou

Eirikrautha wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 11:14:
The reason to keep working on it has to do with reputation. If I know you are going to release a game and support it, I'm likely to buy based on what the game could be rather than what it is at launch. But if I know you are going to drop support for your games quickly, especially if they don't sell well (which happens most frequently with buggy games), then I'm not buying anything that isn't pristine at launch. So you are not supporting for the money you make off this game, but the money you hope to make on the next game.

And this entitled twat has pretty much guaranteed that many people won't bother with his next game at all. Because he can't be trusted to support his flops along with his successes, and we're not willing to take that chance. He's so the poster-child for the spoiled, entitled generations that live now, unwilling to defer gratification for future rewards...
The game came out seven months ago. Most games don't get supported that long. I don't think your criticism is fair at all.

News Comments > On Gratuitous Space Battles 2 Support
2. Re: On Gratuitous Space Battles 2 Support Nov 25, 2015, 10:50 theyarecomingforyou

Creston wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 10:28:
Eh, I can see his point. If he makes no money off of it, why keep working on it. In the end you pay money for the game, and if the dev keeps supporting it after the fact, then hurray! But it shouldn't really be expected.
Exactly. To be honest I'm not sure why I never picked up the sequel, as I loved the original game. Saying that the Steam reviews aren't particularly positive, so maybe it was just a bad game.

News Comments > PAYDAY 2 Apology
10. Re: PAYDAY 2 Apology Nov 23, 2015, 12:19 theyarecomingforyou

It's too little too late. I won't be buying any more of their games.  

News Comments > Saturday Previews
15. Re: Saturday Previews - SC String them along update Nov 23, 2015, 09:16 theyarecomingforyou

harlock wrote on Nov 23, 2015, 08:03:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 23, 2015, 05:23:
The release of 2.0 is proof

where is the release? in your fantasies? in your dreams?

show me the release of the core game you are talking about
They've released 2.0 to the PTU, which includes the Baby PU functionality. If you're talking about Squadron 42 then that's due next year, as you're well aware.

News Comments > Saturday Previews
12. Re: Saturday Previews - SC String them along update Nov 23, 2015, 05:23 theyarecomingforyou

Bub wrote on Nov 22, 2015, 06:22:
its clear someone is paying a slew of graphic artists on highend workstations to churn out these teasers and not to forget the jpegs of ships to be sold, rather than actually say deliver a product.
The release of 2.0 is proof of the exact opposite - that they've been working flat out on the core game. It adds many of the core features promised: multi-crew ships, large system, quantum travel, missions, first-person combat, etc.

But haters gonna hate.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
9. Re: Saturday Consolidation Nov 22, 2015, 14:12 theyarecomingforyou

The only VR titles running at 1080p @ 90fps on PS4 are going to be Wii U style. That doesn't mean there won't be some great games but PC is where VR is really going to thrive.  

News Comments > No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support
5. Re: No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support Nov 19, 2015, 19:11 theyarecomingforyou

What a fucking train wreck. I don't know why they bothered pulling it in the first place if they weren't going to fix it properly. If their intention was to kill off the franchise they did a superb job.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Delayed
17. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Delayed Nov 19, 2015, 07:03 theyarecomingforyou

ItBurn wrote on Nov 18, 2015, 15:59:
From experience, 6 months usually means that there's a pretty fundamental issue in there... Not sure that can be fixed in time. Perhaps they had cut the open city hub thing and realized that the game just wasn't as fun without it...
Other games that were delayed by at least six months: Half-Life, Half-Life 2, Team Fortress 2, Unreal Tournament, Alan Wake, Dragon Age: Origins, Starcraft II, Diablo 3, etc. I don't view this as a concern. In fact it's a positive sign, as it means they consider the franchise important - it means they want it to do well so they can continue on to other titles.

News Comments > Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide
98. Re: Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide Nov 14, 2015, 22:29 theyarecomingforyou

hello newman wrote on Nov 12, 2015, 08:36:
Is there any other "talkie" game that does this ?
It's a pretty neat RPGish device and it would be silly if Fallout 4 was actually the first game to do it...
The GRID series did the same, though that's obviously a very different genre.

News Comments > PAYDAY 2 Moderators Revolt
3. Re: PAYDAY 2 Moderators Revolt Nov 13, 2015, 11:03 theyarecomingforyou

Overkill promised to never implement microtransactions in Payday 2 and even mocked those who thought they would... and then implemented microtransactions in Payday 2. The whole situation is a mess.

This is what happens when developers get greedy and don't give a shit about their players.

65. Re: Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide Nov 9, 2015, 20:45 theyarecomingforyou

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 20:12:
SLI may be a lot of things but that is definitely NOT one of them. You pay +100% and depending on how well SLI is supported you maybe get about +80% performance IF a game has decent SLI support. Many games scale way worse where you only get anywhere from +30% to +50%.
Sure, it's still a nice boost but it's usually not really (cost) effective in any way, shape or form.
Getting two GTX 970s offered better performance and value than the Titan X, which was the only single card alternative at the time. The only other choice was getting a single GTX 980, which didn't have the same performance.

As a single card it's great value, I agree, but I would not SLI two GTX 970s because of the 3.5GB VRAM thing. It might not be an issue with "ancient" engine games like FO4 but it is well documented that 970s run out of VRAM in quite a few games like AC Unity, FarCry 4 or also the new CoD.
Absolutely. I pre-ordered the cards and all that information came out a long time afterwards. However, by the time I really come across the limit I'm going to be upgrading again so for me it's not a big deal. The GPU performance is a bigger limit than the VRAM.

I'd say that should be the standard MO for anyone with a SLI system. SLI can be problematic if you're the kind of gamer who must play every game on release day but it's usually a non-issue if you can wait for patches and updated drivers with the latest profiles.

That also seems to be the reason why you have such a wide range of opinions on SLI. The impatient kids who need to play every game the minute it comes out are bound to have a much more negative experience than people (like me) who buy GOTY or Enhanced Edition bundles on sale a year later when the games are actually finished, drivers more mature etc.
For me it depends on the game. I like playing some games release day and have had a decent experience with SLI, with games like Far Cry 4 and even Assassin's Creed: Unity (that game had other issues but SLI actually worked - it was later patches that broke it).

Games need to have SLI / Crossfire support out of the box, as enthusiasts tend to buy more games at release and tend to be the most vocal. If the game appeals to enthusiasts then that will create good word of mouth for casual gamers. Unfortunately it seems the PC version was an afterthought, missing even basic features like options for mouse acceleration, framerate limits, FOV and 21:9 resolutions. One has to question the amount of QA for the PC version.

61. Re: Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide Nov 9, 2015, 19:22 theyarecomingforyou

I've used VPNs before without issue. It's technically against the Steam user agreement but as long as you've bought the game in your region you won't have any issue.  

57. Re: Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide Nov 9, 2015, 18:46 theyarecomingforyou

jomisab wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 16:59:
Exactly. Those who say SLI is garbage have zero clue what they are talking about. I have had my 970 SLI setup since the card was released, and it's been nothing but awesome. GTA V. Witcher 3. Dying Light. Shadow of Mordor. etc. etc. 100% worth the price of admission. Butter smooth, totally jag-free gameplay on a 27" screen at 60fps/1440p and everything maxed.
This. I hate gaming at anything less than 60fps and with a 30" 1600p display that requires two cards. For me I don't consider 1080p acceptable. And yes, I'll probably be one of the first in line to get behind VR as well. I like gaming on the bleeding edge - I ordered GTX 680s at launch and replaced them with GTX 970s at launch. I'll likely upgrade again once the next generation is out.

SLI is an extremely cost effective way of getting top performance at a reasonable price. The GTX 970 cards are great value in comparison to the GTX 980 / Ti. Most games don't have an issue, which is why I get frustrated when a game like Fallout 4 - which looks pretty crappy anyway and is poorly optimised - doesn't support SLI.

I've been calling this game out for its poor graphics from the original reveal and now it turns out the PC port is poor. I'm glad I held off. I'll wait for it to drop in price and for them to eventually get around to supporting SLI before I even consider it. It's not like I was the biggest fan of Fallout 3, which I thought was much weaker than Oblivion and Skyrim.

48. Re: Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide Nov 9, 2015, 16:51 theyarecomingforyou

Darks wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 16:01:
Question is, did any of the past Fallout Games or Skyrim have SLI? if not, then theirs your answer. I personally wont waste my time or money with SLI. I've seen a few of my friends have it and had all kinds of issues with it. Not worth the headaches or wasting money on.
Yes, they did: Skyrim 3-Way and 4-Way SLI Performance

I had SLI working with Skyrim on my previous GTX 680 SLI setup.

46. Re: Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide Nov 9, 2015, 16:45 theyarecomingforyou

I honestly don't get why people are defending bullshit like this. The game needlessly locks the framerate, doesn't include SLI support, doesn't have an FOV slider, has mouse acceleration enabled by default (requires editing an .ini file), has a non-skippable intro (requires editing an .ini file) and doesn't support 21:9 resolutions (requires editing an .ini file). This is NOT an acceptable PC release - it's a shitty console port. Further, even on XB1 the game drops to ZERO frames per second at times.

{PH}88fingers wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 12:34:
it's not about being poor, it's about SLI being garbage.
I have a 980Ti which I upgraded from a R9 290 so I am far from "poor" yet after having tried out SLI a few times a few years back I will NEVER go that route again.
pure garbage.
You clearly haven't used SLI because it certainly isn't 'garbage'. In fact for the vast majority of titles it's excellent. It's only when you have shit developers like Bethesda that there is an issue. Skyrim supported SLI, so it's something they've actually managed to break. Before my GTX 970 SLI setup I had a HD 5970 dual-GPU card with Crossfire and that also worked great nine times out of ten and that was six years ago.

There is no excuse for a AAA game not support SLI at launch, especially not when earlier titles in the series supported it. Stop defending bullshit business practices. When I bought my 30" 2560x1600 display SLI was the only way I could power it, as no single card was fast enough. Bethesda should be working with nVidia and AMD to ensure SLI / Crossfire support for launch.

Creston wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 13:51:
Okay, so having to mod an .ini file is now anathema for PC gamers, but having to practically reprogram the entire .exe to get Star Citizen's alpha to run is just par for the course?
I know you're just trolling but Star Citizen is in alpha and supports SLI. It certainly doesn't need you to 'reprogram the entire .exe' (as if that's even a thing).

19. Re: Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide Nov 9, 2015, 12:26 theyarecomingforyou

Darks wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 11:32:
Your so full of shit. You guys and your bullshit whining over SLI. I have no sympathy for anyone who waste money on a second 980 card that is not needed.
Envy is a nasty emotion. It's not my fault you're poor.

Creston wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 12:02:
They've said that the PC version isn't locked on either FPS or resolution, so I'm sure it's a simple case of switching a 1 into a 0 in the Fallout4.ini file.
Gamers shouldn't have to edit .ini files to get around a restriction that shouldn't exist. If they want to limit the framerate it should be a in-game option. It's not like high refresh rate monitors or SLI are uncommon.

Why is it so hard for developers to get the basics right? The lack of SLI support is inexcusable.

9. Re: Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide Nov 9, 2015, 11:20 theyarecomingforyou

I just discovered that the game is limited to 60fps by default, which screws over those with high refresh monitors. It's like they went out of their way to make the PC version shit. Apparently the XB1 version drops to ZERO frames per second at times and it looks like ass to boot.

What a joke.

7. Re: Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide Nov 9, 2015, 11:18 theyarecomingforyou

No SLI support? That's pathetic. No purchase for me until they sort that shit out. I game at 1600p and need SLI support. Anyone gaming at 4K is screwed, as no single card can manage 60fps. The only single card that can hit 60fps @ 1080p with maximum settings is the GTX 980 Ti according to that nVidia page.

This is absolutely unacceptable for a major release like this. The engine is just a joke.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Preloads
53. Re: Fallout 4 Preloads Nov 9, 2015, 09:59 theyarecomingforyou

Verno wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 08:39:
This is completely illogical. You say people should judge the game based on what it is and not its past history but then go on to say people should already know what Bethesda games are....which have a rich history as RPG experiences. Past history is an ideal comparison method when evaluating products without a demo, it is probably one of the best ways you can do so. It is fine for products to evolve in directions that some people might not care for. Likewise streamlining isn't inherently bad, it depends on the execution.
The original Fallout games were by different developers. Bethesda took over the franchise with Fallout 3 and changed the design of the game, taking it from a 2D isometric RPG to a first-person action-RPG. It's much like W40K: Dawn Of War 2, which changed the gameplay from RTS to RTT - it's still the same franchise but it's a different take on it.

Bethesda makes action-RPGs - it's not trying to be a traditional RPG game. It's like criticising Far Cry 4 for not including zombies - you might think it would be a better game with zombies but that's not what the developer intended.

Verno wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 08:39:
How does judging the writing of "a game" differ from judging it as "an RPG"? They are self-described as role playing games in the first place. If he was criticizing the grammar instead of the narrative I think you might have a point but even that is an aspect of "the game".
The criticism of the writing comes from the lack of meaningful options typically associated with RPGs. It all stems from the 'I believe this should be a hardcore RPG' mentality. I've always found the writing to be enjoyable, especially given the scale of the game.

I just think games should be judged on what they are, not what people think they should be.

6550 Comments. 328 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo