Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonas Taylor

Real Name Jonas Taylor   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname theyarecomingforyou
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 8, 2005, 11:25
Total Comments 6096 (Guru)
User ID 22891

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Ubisoft Titles Return to Steam
1. Re: Ubisoft Titles Return to Steam Nov 7, 2014, 19:02 theyarecomingforyou

This item is currently unavailable in your region
Fuck you Ubisoft.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Requires 64-bit OS
59. Re: Far Cry 4 Requires 64-bit OS Nov 7, 2014, 13:41 theyarecomingforyou

Creston wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 12:26:
Yeah I thought you'd gotten two games when you bought one card. I never saw you said cards plural.
Hehe, no worries.

News Comments > Ubisoft vs. Steam?
24. Re: Ubisoft vs. Steam? Nov 7, 2014, 11:29 theyarecomingforyou

I don't have a problem with Uplay or Origin but I have no intention on buying games on either platform. Virtually all my games are on Steam and I like it that way because of the community features. I would rather buy a Uplay or Origin game on Steam and have it launch another client than buy directly through the respective stores.

At the end of the day this is all about greed. Valve provides a better service and that's why people use it. Both EA and Ubisoft are denying users the opportunity to buy games on Steam and that is an anti-consumer practice.

As much as I like Ubisoft games this is a serious dick move.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $60M
43. Re: Star Citizen at $60M Nov 7, 2014, 10:21 theyarecomingforyou

I bought the Herald when it went on sale, to go alongside my Hornet. Anyone following the Blues News organisation in Star Citizen will understand why.  

54. Re: Far Cry 4 Requires 64-bit OS Nov 7, 2014, 10:02 theyarecomingforyou

Creston wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 15:56:
You got both?? Holy shit. What card did you buy? (I know, GTX970, but what manufacturer?)
There was a deal with Overclockers.co.uk and you get a free code with any GTX 970 or GTX 980, as part of an nVidia promotion. I ordered two of the GALAX GeForce GTX 970 EX OC, which are factory overclocked - that entitled me to two free games, for which I chose Far Cry 4 and Assassin's Creed: Unity.

I'm really happy as when I originally ordered they weren't included - the deal only launched about a week later. Anyway, I phoned up and they sent them out without any hassle. Excellent customer service.

29. Re: Far Cry 4 Requires 64-bit OS Nov 6, 2014, 15:50 theyarecomingforyou

Verno wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 15:30:
ASeven wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 15:30:
Steam has just pulled Far Cry 4 and AC: Unity from their store worldwide, nobody is sure why.
They were having a pricing dispute with Ubisoft over regional stuff (Ubi wants even higher regional prices or something), it started with the UK store. I assume its now escalating. I really hope Ubisoft doesn't sell exclusively on Uplay.
It happens with every Far Cry release. Far Cry 2 wasn't available at release in the UK, nor was Far Cry 3. A few weeks later, after the initial sales had died down, they appeared.

The price on Steam was utterly ridiculous. They wanted 50 ($80), which is an insult. As much as I love the Far Cry series I will never pay that much.

22. Re: Far Cry 4 Requires 64-bit OS Nov 6, 2014, 15:25 theyarecomingforyou

Darks wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 15:15:
SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 13:24:
I only have 2 gigs of ram this is bull shit, fucks sake

Are you just bullshitting us or are you on the level? Because no serious respectable gamer should have only 2 GB of ram in their PC.
This stinks, this is total BS!

18. Re: Far Cry 4 Requires 64-bit OS Nov 6, 2014, 15:14 theyarecomingforyou

Can't wait for this. I got a free copy of Far Cry 4 and Assassin's Creed: Unity with my new graphics cards (GTX 970s) and they should be a good test of my rig.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC First-Person Confirmed
84. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC First-Person Confirmed Nov 5, 2014, 17:36 theyarecomingforyou

Creston wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 13:17:
They'd treat the subject matter more maturely; they'd stop posing the game's female characters in bikinis and tanktops with their ass up in the air in advertisements, they'd make serious commercials about them rather than the "PEW PEW PEW LOOKIT ALL THE PEW!!!!" or the "THIS IS THE NEW SHIT!" crap that we get; they'd not drown 95% of the commercials in trap/dubstep, etc etc etc.

Sometimes my wife and I will be watching some TV and an advertisement for a game I'm currently playing will come on, and 9 out of 10 times it makes me embarrassed that I like the game so much, just because of how fucking juvenile the advertisement is.
Agree completely.

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS Reveal
87. Re: Star Citizen FPS Reveal Nov 5, 2014, 05:54 theyarecomingforyou

jdreyer wrote on Nov 4, 2014, 18:30:
I'm going to invoke Poe's Law, and say that Steele is just trolling.
I concur. I just thought it was a good opportunity to make a few points.

85. Re: Star Citizen FPS Reveal Nov 4, 2014, 18:04 theyarecomingforyou

Steele Johnson wrote on Nov 4, 2014, 08:44:
I've yet to see anything good about this game. All I see is them getting more money.
One has to ask, do you even like videogames? Because if you can't find anything good about Star Citizen then one has to question whether your expectations are at all reasonable.

I think a lot of people don't realise how far this game has come. If you go back and watch the original Kickstarter presentation the graphical fidelity is a fraction of what they have today - it looks like an entirely different game. I remember being astounded by the graphical fidelity on display when it was first revealed yet now it's amazing how dated it looks. The game is nearly unrecognisable from what it originally was and that's a good thing.

Just look at the Cutlass Blue ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNYCRy4k9sE ) and compare it to the quality of the original ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhsgiliheP0 ).

69. Re: Star Citizen FPS Reveal Nov 3, 2014, 05:08 theyarecomingforyou

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 2, 2014, 22:24:
Disagree strongly. Just a couple examples: Look at Obsidian with Pillars of Eternity or InXile with Wasteland 2 or Torment Tides of Numenera.

Did those devs go to every frickin' trade show to show off their games? Did they constantly have "exciting reveals" and module releases and demos and commercials? Fuck no.
Those were games made with a fraction of the budget and a fraction of the fan involvement. I backed Wasteland 2 and it's enjoyable enough but it's absurd to equate it in anyway to Star Citizen, which is a game of an entirely different scale and fidelity.

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 2, 2014, 22:24:
The only reason Roberts is doing all of this crap is to generate hype and to be able to couple these events with more sales (two more ships are currently on sale for the PAX event) in order to make more money. The whole circus is solely about monetization now.
It's about money and it's about community engagement. As a backer I absolutely love all the reveals and events - I watch Around The Verse, 10 For The Chairman, The Next Great Starship, etc. I also love that it raises money that goes towards the development of the game. Unlike normal publishers there isn't a hundred million dollar advertising campaign to support it, so they have to approach things very differently.

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 2, 2014, 22:32:
I've read many comments in various places after this reveal from people saying that zero G is gonna be "so cool" but seriously... what exactly do people envision being cool about it? It won't be. It's gonna be slow, floaty, sucky and unexciting compared to the faster paced regular gravity play which will require actual skill.
I think that's why it's going to be such a major factor, as people will try to defend the gravity generator to prevent such tactics being used. I know I'd rather take my chances on the ground that in zero-g.

InBlack wrote on Nov 3, 2014, 03:49:
I noticed those guys carried some sort of space suits. Can you shoot holes in the ship/station so that the air escapes into vacuum?? Would the air get sucked out and would there be zero sound effects (since in a vacuum sound does not carry) except for those that are carried through your own body to your ears? Can they add that as another million dollar goal/prize or would that be too much of a stretch??
Depressurisation has already been confirmed. You'll be able to blow out windows and various components. It was shown in the multicrew demo a while back. Sounds effects will be handled like the ships, in that they are simulated by the helmet so you can hear in a vacuum.

38. Re: Star Citizen FPS Reveal Nov 2, 2014, 17:38 theyarecomingforyou

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 2, 2014, 10:57:
So 60 million dollars, to show off shit that has NOTHING to do with the original pitch of the game. We begged for years to get another Wing Commander/Xwing game, instead we get a FPS, and paying for Chris Roberts sci-fi clothing.
Stop being a dick. The space combat element of the game is already playable, with more ships and modes being added all the time. Multicrew gameplay has already been demoed and this is content that is being developed by another developer, so isn't impeding progress on the game itself. Space sims have had non-space elements since Wing Commander and X-Wing in the early 90s - it wasn't FPS because of the technology restraints and budgets.

Wash that sand out of your vagina, mate.

Cutter wrote on Nov 2, 2014, 17:27:
Where is that exactly? I don't see it on the KS page or on the main site's Funding Goals section. And even if that were the case, don't you think everything should be focused on the space game first? 2 years into it and they still have squat to show for it.
As said, it's being developed in parallel by another developer. The first person combat was a stretch goal just over a year ago - it's extremely impressive given the timeframe.

I think the footage is very impressive given how little time it has been developed for. A lot of that time would have been taken on the concept and staffing. Obviously it is rough around the edges but nobody should expect otherwise for pre-alpha footage. Games are not usually demoed this early in development.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Preorders
4. Re: Far Cry 4 Preorders Nov 1, 2014, 20:24 theyarecomingforyou

Bludd wrote on Nov 1, 2014, 19:17:
Far Cry 2 is a terrible, terrible game.
I strongly disagree. I thought it was excellent, despite the annoyances (malaria, respawns, vehicle ramming, etc). It had excellent graphics, great vehicle handling, was well optimised, had innovative features (fire, etc) and had a unique setting.

I'm very much looking forward to Far Cry 4.

News Comments > On Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Mantle Support
27. Re: On Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Mantle Support Oct 27, 2014, 05:29 theyarecomingforyou

InBlack wrote on Oct 27, 2014, 03:19:
So this might be a bit off topic, but what is the game like? Is it any good?
Yes, but I've played it for over 6hrs and don't have a clue what's going on. It will probably take me 40-50hrs to get a good feel for it (I say that as someone who has put nearly 500hrs into Civ5).

News Comments > Star Citizen Nears $58M
82. Re: Star Citizen Nears $58M Oct 18, 2014, 08:53 theyarecomingforyou

Dmitri_M wrote on Oct 17, 2014, 14:20:
Haha, please keep posting this stuff. It's incredible.

I honestly don't mean to troll you, and really it's great you and others are enthusiastic but unreleased titles pulling in millions on hype and promises are not "what pc gaming is about".
If you were talking about a game from a publisher like EA or Activision I'd completely agree but we're not. This is a game that wouldn't have been made without crowdsourcing, by somebody with a distinguished history in the genre. People are buying into the game because they have faith in the project. What do you care if people who back it lose their money or aren't happy with the final project?

People around here just like to rail against anything that is considered popular or mainstream. What I care about is the game and everything I've seen so far has given me confidence that this game will deliver. If it doesn't then that's fine, as at least I supported my favourite genre and gave it a chance.

78. Re: Star Citizen Nears $58M Oct 16, 2014, 13:15 theyarecomingforyou

Dmitri_M wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 18:06:
This made me chuckle.
I'm serious. It's pulling in millions of dollars a week (sometimes over a million in a single day) long before it has even been released, with funding increasing all the time. Sure it probably won't ever surpass the likes of World Of Warcraft or The Sims but certainly in terms of traditional games without monthly subscriptions it could be one of the top.

It's already surpassed all records for crowdsourcing and got into the Guinness Book of World Records. Feel free to mock me but to me Star Citizen is what PC gaming is all about.

74. Re: Star Citizen Nears $58M Oct 15, 2014, 16:35 theyarecomingforyou

Citizen P wrote on Oct 13, 2014, 21:54:
I'm cool with it taking a long time, and I'm cool that my money is going to dream project - that may, or may not live up to my expectations. I spent money I could afford, on a gamble, that I can walk away from win or lose - with no regrets, and a possibility for something really awesome.
Exactly. When I backed the game there was no guarantee it would even be released, let alone be of the quality that it is. I backed it because this was a genre that I loved that had been left for dead by major publishers. Now it could become the most successful PC game in history.

Obviously it will never live up to everybody's expectations but I'm pragmatic and I'm very happy with what I've seen and played. I would happily have lost my money for the chance to support a genre I love by a man who made some of my favourite games.

60. Re: Star Citizen Nears $58M Oct 13, 2014, 16:12 theyarecomingforyou

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 13, 2014, 11:37:
It's not bizarre, the industry spoke to this many years ago now that Episodic content doesn't work because it takes too long between episodes. Tell Tale is once again proving that out. So yes my educated guess is the people want a final produce vs episodic.
The Telltale games are proof that episodic works - people who want to play them straight away can, whilst others can wait until they're all complete. Just because Valve screwed it up doesn't mean that everyone else will.

grudgebearer wrote on Oct 13, 2014, 11:35:
Jesus...if this game doesn't pan out to be the greatest game in the history of gaming, you are going to need to be institutionalized for the catastrophic mental breakdown you are going to experience.
What concern is my mental health to you? I'm more concerned about you being an asshole.

News Comments > Firefly Online Bonus Content; Trailer
4. Re: Firefly Online Bonus Content; Trailer Oct 13, 2014, 10:37 theyarecomingforyou

I love Firefly, which is why I want this abortion cancelled before it tarnishes the brand.  

6096 Comments. 305 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo