Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonas Taylor

Real Name Jonas Taylor   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname theyarecomingforyou
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 8, 2005, 11:25
Total Comments 5908 (Guru)
User ID 22891

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Oculus Rift Raises Another $75M
14. Re: Oculus Rift Raises Another $75M Dec 13, 2013, 10:54 theyarecomingforyou

Shataan wrote on Dec 13, 2013, 10:45:
It is a MONEY issue. Same as it was back in the day. They wanted PROFIT, so they cheaped out on the displays resulting in pixelated mess. Now they are trying to find an acceptably high rez display..... for as cheap as possible.
What a retarded claim. No company sets out to make a loss. Economic realities will always be a factor in devices like this but the consumer device will be 1080p+, which is the minimum needed to balance cost with fidelity. They have stated that 4K will be supported in future models but the reality is that current GPUs simply can't support it adequately, not even with multi-GPU setups.

And cut it will the bullshit. Nobody has claimed the experience was a "pixelated mess" - in fact the response has been overwhelmingly positive, even at only 720p. That means that things can only improve.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Oculus Rift Raises Another $75M
11. Re: Oculus Rift Raises Another $75M Dec 13, 2013, 10:48 theyarecomingforyou

siapnar wrote on Dec 13, 2013, 10:28:
Think about being equipped with a VR headset and mock weapon, put in a warehouse with padded boxes/shapes that represent objects in the game level that you view in the headset. The warehouse is identically mapped out to that of the level you play, and your movement is tracked by a plethora of tracking cameras.
I doubt that'll ever happen as it simply wouldn't be practical. More likely is that games will start to use augmented reality to overlay game elements into real life, particularly through technology like Google Glass.

News Comments > Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans
39. Re: Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans Dec 12, 2013, 08:21 theyarecomingforyou

CliffyB has been so hostile to the PC gaming community that he'll have to do a lot to make up for that. That said, if he produces a decent games I'll buy it - I'm not that jaded. You never know, with the right people it could turn out right.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online in April
62. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online in April Dec 11, 2013, 17:38 theyarecomingforyou

dumpy wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 16:50:
I trialled WoW briefly and I was not impressed - low level fetch quests are not interesting. I have never understood the game's popularity.
Ditto. I enjoyed Guild Wars but that's because it was more a traditional game that you could also plays co-op.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online in April
17. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online in April Dec 11, 2013, 12:44 theyarecomingforyou

As much as I love TES I really have no interest in an MMO. Pass.  

News Comments > Legends of Persia Announced
4. Re: Legends of Persia Announced Dec 10, 2013, 20:48 theyarecomingforyou

Looks terrible.  

News Comments > GOG.com's Money Back Guarantee
32. Re: GOG.com's Money Back Guarantee Dec 9, 2013, 22:10 theyarecomingforyou

Optional Nickname! wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 19:10:
Gabe has and will ban you from your games if you post something he doesn't like in his forums.
Not true. The forums are separate to Steam accounts. Further, Valve no longer bans accounts but locks them instead, meaning that you can play the games you purchased but restrictions are applied (purchasing, gifting, trading, serial activation and Steam Community access are disabled).

However, that's not to say that there aren't issues with Valve's policies when it comes to Steam.

News Comments > GOG.com's Money Back Guarantee
8. Re: GOG.com's Money Back Guarantee Dec 9, 2013, 11:41 theyarecomingforyou

It really is time for Steam to introduce similar pro-consumer policies, as there is definitely significant room for improvement when it comes to buggy games, refunds and VAC permabans.

VAC bans are permanent and apply system-wide, even when accounts are hacked or you unknowingly download a mod containing malware. That means that 20 years down the line when you have 2,000 games on Steam you could have your account stolen, become flagged by VAC and when it is returned never be allowed to play on a VAC secure server for ANY game on that account. I completely support efforts to prevent and punish cheating but not when they can impact legitimate users, especially those resulting from security failings on the part of Valve.

Valve has done a great job with Steam but now that it is successful and widely used more needs to be done to protect consumers.

PS - It's about time that Valve gave the Steam client an overhaul. The visual style is rather dated and isn't well-suited for users with several hundred games.

News Comments > NSA's Game Spying
6. Re: NSA's Game Spying Dec 9, 2013, 10:07 theyarecomingforyou

Fibrocyte wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 09:59:
FFS. Who CARES!?
I do.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $34 Million
18. Re: Star Citizen Hits $35 Million Dec 8, 2013, 18:57 theyarecomingforyou

Jackplug wrote on Dec 8, 2013, 18:24:
This is gonna be another Duke Nukem! Which will be A huge pile of shit.
Congratulations, you just failed the internet.

News Comments > Thief and The Witcher 3 Trailers
5. Re: Thief and The Witcher 3 Trailers Dec 8, 2013, 18:53 theyarecomingforyou

The Witcher 3 looks great. However, Thief looks terrible, especially after Dishonored set the bar so high. This looks like a B-project from a second rate studio, not the next major project from the developer of Deus Ex: Human Revolution.  

News Comments > Telltale Announces Tales from the Borderlands
8. Re: Telltale Announces Tales from the Borderlands Dec 8, 2013, 18:43 theyarecomingforyou

Primalchrome wrote on Dec 8, 2013, 17:56:
Just out of curiosity, why the Borderlands hate?
Most people are supportive of it, so I don't understand where you're coming from.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Beta On Track; Last Chance for Add-ons
10. Re: Wasteland 2 Beta On Track; Last Chance for Add-ons Dec 6, 2013, 08:16 theyarecomingforyou

Riker wrote on Dec 5, 2013, 21:22:
Ooof, I was thinking that, as a vanilla backer, I would have access to the beta. It sounds like you have to pony up an extra $20 for the privilege, though.
Ditto, though given how pressed I am for motivation it's probably for the best. The only alpha/beta I'm interested in is Star Citizen.

News Comments > DICE Pauses All Future Projects for BF4 Repairs
12. Re: DICE Pauses All Future Projects for BF4 Repairs Dec 4, 2013, 20:50 theyarecomingforyou

jdreyer wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 20:32:
I would buy this if there were bot matches.
I would buy this if it was available on Steam and wasn't published by EA.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Storm of Vengeance Announced
17. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Storm of Vengeance Announced Dec 2, 2013, 16:05 theyarecomingforyou

InBlack wrote on Dec 2, 2013, 11:00:
Yeah the balance is kind of out of whack in DOW. DOW2 sort of corrected this, but then people complained that it wasnt a proper RTS game. In any case superhero marines dont adapt well to multiplayer balancing
I much preferred DOW2, as it was more faithful to the franchise and a refreshing change from the stale RTS mechanics. I understand the criticism, it being a departure from the original game, but I care about decent games are DOW2 was certainly that.

News Comments > Steam Breaks 7M Concurrent Users
19. Re: Steam Breaks 7M Concurrent Users Dec 2, 2013, 15:55 theyarecomingforyou

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 2, 2013, 13:17:
You can't say PC Gaming is booming when 9 out of 10 pure PC-games come out as broken messes. I forgot to mention Legends of Pegasus ;p It's not just Publishers, Quality of releases went downhill overall.
It's unfair to look only at PC exclusives, as they tend to be rather niche - there is simply more money in multi-platform games. That's not to say there aren't quality exclusives though, as Civilization V, Diablo 3, Torchlight 2, Dota 2, Company Of Heroes 2, Starcraft II and Star Citizen demonstrate otherwise. Heck, even games like Portal 2 and XCOM: Enemy Unknown aren't PC exclusives yet I consider them PC games. What you have to look at is the quality of games overall and the likes of Far Cry 3, Metro: Last Light, Dishonored, Borderlands 2 and Bioshock Infinite are all superb games and without consoles they simply wouldn't have had the same level of investment and support.

Of course I'd love to see more PC-exclusive titles like Star Citizen that really work to the strengths of the platform and are based around what fans want but I very much enjoy gaming as much now as I did 15-20 years ago. The reality is that the influence of consoles is a fact of life but discerning PC gamers have forced developers to take the platform seriously, in large part because of Steam.

News Comments > Quoteworthy - NVIDIA: PC "Far Superior" to Next-Gen
32. Re: Quoteworthy - NVIDIA: PC Nov 30, 2013, 18:05 theyarecomingforyou

Julio wrote on Nov 30, 2013, 17:13:
Consoles are superior for sports and decent for racing games, so there's always a place for them with me.
It depends on your criteria. In terms of graphical fidelity the PC has a clear advantage, with higher resolutions (1600p, 4K, EyeFinity), 3D and better anti-aliasing and texture quality. In terms of controls and immersion the PC has a clear advantage, with better steering wheels, TrackIR, Oculus Rift (soon to be released), etc. In terms of performance the PC has the clear advantage, with 120Hz monitors and SSDs for better loading times.

The only area consoles have an advantage is the number of games available, particularly the exclusives. But that's just a case of Microsoft and Sony throwing money at developers rather than the PC not being a suitable environment for them - it's not like you can get Forza on PS3/PS4 or GT on X360/XB1 either. For me the graphical fidelity and framerate have always been important, which is why I'm not interested in console games running at 30fps or 720p (something common even with the 'next-gen' consoles).

The PC has excellent sports and racing games, like NBA 2K14, Football Manager 2014, F1 2013, GRID 2 and it has ports of many of the rest (FIFA 14, Pro Evolution Soccer 2014, etc).

I game on a 30" 2560x1600 monitor at 60fps, which simply isn't possible with the Xbox One or PlayStation 4. There is no dispute that PC gaming is superior to next-gen consoles. I also have a 42" HDTV connected and a X360 wireless controller should I want to just play casual games, which still offers a better experience than consoles - 4K won't be too many years away. The idea that nVidia is saying this because it missed out on the consoles is ridiculous.

News Comments > Quoteworthy - NVIDIA: PC "Far Superior" to Next-Gen
17. Re: Quoteworthy - NVIDIA: PC Nov 30, 2013, 12:48 theyarecomingforyou

InBlack wrote on Nov 30, 2013, 11:51:
I think Nvidia is shitting its pants at the moment. AMD landing a deal for Sony and Microsoft really hurt them I think.
Hardly. The console deals are low margin and nVidia still has the dominant market share on the desktop, where it is able to charge premium prices for its top-end cards. AMD still has a reputation for poor driver support and functionality wise the CCC is still lacking, with nothing to rival nVidia's GeForce Experience or ShadowPlay. It really needs to pull out all the stops to change people's perceptions and the introduction Mantle and TrueAudio looks like a decent start. But AMD needs to overhaul its drivers if it wants to convince people things have changed.

Personally I prefer nVidia's support, though I'd go back to AMD is they offered better value. The R9 290 cards are certainly impressive, though we need to see custom coolers from other manufacturers because of the heat and noise issues. CrossFire scaling has improved and the ability to use new cards without a connector is certainly a plus.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Space Wolf Trailer
2. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Space Wolf Trailer Nov 30, 2013, 12:34 theyarecomingforyou

Lame. I was hoping this would be a sequel to W40K: Space Marine, which despite the sloppy PC port was actually a very enjoyable game with a decent narrative.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $33 Million
93. Re: Star Citizen Passes $33 Million Nov 29, 2013, 08:23 theyarecomingforyou

feral.fury wrote on Nov 29, 2013, 04:11:
What I'm trying to say is, if Chris Roberts screws this up, his career of making games is over. More so then if he was working for a publisher.
And if he gets it right he sets himself up for life and reignites a previously dead genre. Unlike Freelancer, which he ended up abandoning because of issues with Microsoft, he has complete creative control over SC and that really shows in everything we've seen so far.

I think the chance of SC ending his career is low.

5908 Comments. 296 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo