Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonas Taylor

Real Name Jonas Taylor   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname theyarecomingforyou
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 8, 2005, 11:25
Total Comments 5973 (Guru)
User ID 22891

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue May 9, 2014, 16:17 theyarecomingforyou

Cutter wrote on May 9, 2014, 12:31:
You do realize that a LIVING wage - not MINIMUM wage - makes for a much stronger economy, right? No, of course you don't. When America was at its peak it had strong unions, trade protectionism, and corporations and the rich actually paid taxes. Yet, for some reason your ilk thought it was best to end all that. Well you see how that's worked out. Oh wait, you don't because you still think millionaires and billionaires still deserve more and working stiffs still deserve less.
This. The US was most successful when it had extremely high taxes on the rich and workers were respected and protected. Nowadays it's all about how people can step on those below them to get further up the chain.

Providing a living wage to people at the bottom doesn't in any way diminish what those further up the chain have. People who partake in the system should be rewarded for that, not given a wage that barely covers themselves let alone any family they might have. What's worse is that taxpayers pick up the tab for all the tax breaks required to supplement the minimum wage. Companies like Walmart are actually a net drain on the economy.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Tropico 5 Multiplayer Trailer
8. Re: Tropico 5 Multiplayer Trailer May 9, 2014, 16:04 theyarecomingforyou

I'm really looking forward to Tropico 5, what with the addition of co-op and multiplayer. It's a surprisingly addictive formula and one of the few games to hold my attention for any period of time. It's a nice change to Civ 5, which I play far too much.  

News Comments > Oculus Responds to ZeniMax Accusations
38. Re: Oculus Responds to ZeniMax Accusations May 5, 2014, 15:38 theyarecomingforyou

ZeniMax wanted a stake in the Oculus Rift and threw its toys out of the pram when it couldn't get its way, cancelling the Doom 3 edition that was going to support it. Carmack wrote some code for Doom 3 to get it to support the OR but that remains with ZeniMax, so that's irrelevant.

ZeniMax wants money for doing nothing. It's the epitome of sleazy capitalism. ZeniMax can fuck off and die in a ditch.

News Comments > Oculus Responds to ZeniMax Accusations
10. Re: Oculus Responds to ZeniMax Accusations May 5, 2014, 10:35 theyarecomingforyou

Fuck ZeniMax. That is all.  

News Comments > Unreal Tournament Reveal Teased for Next Week
33. Re: Unreal Tournament Reveal Teased for Next Week May 3, 2014, 06:55 theyarecomingforyou

The original game was the best. Each subsequent release lost some of the magic and became more arcadey.

Given what we saw with the Deus Ex mock-up in UE4, now is probably the right time to be looking at a new UT game.

My concern is that the gameplay that made the original game so fun is just too dated now. I don't play competitive FPS games like I used to.

News Comments > Star Citizen Status Report
26. Re: Star Citizen Status Report May 3, 2014, 05:48 theyarecomingforyou

Parias wrote on May 2, 2014, 23:04:
Why would everyone else need to stop? They'd still be flying their ships or doing whatever they want outside. That's half the point (and appeal) of the game - everything's seamlessly happening in the same general instance while you're flying around space, boarding ships, engaging in FPS combat, etc.

Don't think of this as a limited, linear space sim where everyone has to be stuck doing the same thing. If anything it's more like an FPS where everyone just happens to be using these ultra-detailed, ultra-customizable spaceships as vehicles that one can get in and out of at any time.
Exactly. It's like any FPS with vehicles - Half-Life 2, Battlefield 4, Titanfall, etc - in that everything is done from the first person perspective, only you spend the majority of your time in the space ships.

jdreyer wrote on May 2, 2014, 23:07:
Kind of like a first person version of FTL.

Except no Rockmen.
Speaking of which, I finally defeated the Rebel Flagship with the Zoltan Cruiser last night. That game is tough.

7. Re: Star Citizen Status Report May 2, 2014, 19:44 theyarecomingforyou

nimski wrote on May 2, 2014, 19:38:
So how is the fps supposed to work? Do you launch a different .exe if Monday nights are FPS night or something? Or are you supposed to fly somewhere and then meet with a bunch of other people that have flown there and then death match?
It's all part of the game. In fact in its most basic form it's already playable with the hangar module, as you can walk around your ship and use the mounted turret in the hangar. You'll be able to board ships, fight on space stations and visit planets. It's based on CryEngine, so FPS is a natural fit.

The scope of this game is really impressive and a lot of thought has been put into everything. For instance, the economy is entirely modelled out - it's a separate module that will interact with the Persistent Universe. Same with the Organisations, which are already accessible.

4. Re: Star Citizen Status Report May 2, 2014, 19:11 theyarecomingforyou

Before this topic is filled with the inevitable Hitler references, I thought I'd mention the Blue's News organisation. I'm looking forward to flying with some of the Blue's crew.  

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order Specs
31. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order Specs May 2, 2014, 16:16 theyarecomingforyou

I'm all for high quality textures but RAGE was 25GB and it looked like ass - worse than any game with conventional texturing. The textures in the trailer for this don't look good at all, so I have no idea why it would need so much space.

If a game has 50GB worth of textures and looks better as a result then I'm all for it but it's an insult if the game looks bad.

News Comments > ZeniMax vs. Oculus and Carmack on VR Tech
46. Re: ZeniMax vs. Oculus and Carmack on VR Tech May 2, 2014, 03:15 theyarecomingforyou

1badmf wrote on May 2, 2014, 00:06:
if there's gonna be a blue's SC group then count me in. already have my 315p and cutlass at the ready. also a golden ticket holder, so i'll probably be in one of the first waves of invites for the DFM. i'm sumdumfu over there btw.
Yeah, I'm a golden ticket holder too and should be able to get to play it quite early on. I've just got the Aurora.

39. Re: ZeniMax vs. Oculus and Carmack on VR Tech May 1, 2014, 19:54 theyarecomingforyou

jdreyer wrote on May 1, 2014, 19:01:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on May 1, 2014, 16:43:
The evil Zenimax Empire strikes again.

That's cool. I'll sign up.
Cool. The more the merrier.

21. Re: ZeniMax vs. Oculus and Carmack on VR Tech May 1, 2014, 16:43 theyarecomingforyou

The evil Zenimax Empire strikes again.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
12. Re: Morning Metaverse May 1, 2014, 15:01 theyarecomingforyou

The FCC, like so many US regulatory bodies, is completely ineffectual when it comes to standing up against business interests. The EU recently passed a law ensuring network neutrality, while the US continues down the route of pandering to monopolies and oligopolies. This is even more concerning when you realise that one-third of Americans don't have a choice when it comes to broadband provider.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $43 Million
79. Re: Star Citizen Hits $43 Million May 1, 2014, 07:39 theyarecomingforyou

Personally I'm quite intrigued by the idea of inequality in the game. Some have purchased large ships while others will earn them in-game, while others will be using much smaller and less well-equipped ships. In many respects that's like real life, where you rarely have equally matched armies.

The big equaliser is the organisation system. A squadron of smaller ships working together will be able to take down much larger ships. It will make the victories all the more rewarding. The last thing people want is everyone flying the same ships with the same capabilities, where every increase in firepower or shields is balanced by a decrease in maneuverability or speed.

I've created a Blue's News organisation for anyone interested in joining. There's no required commitment - people can commit as much or as little time as they like.

News Comments > Wolfenstein Gameplay Trailer
29. Re: Wolfenstein Gameplay Trailer Apr 30, 2014, 04:24 theyarecomingforyou

Ha, I just read the Steam page. Apparently it will have a "deep game narrative" and be rendered in "stunning detail". Hilarious.  

28. Re: Wolfenstein Gameplay Trailer Apr 30, 2014, 04:21 theyarecomingforyou

ItBurn wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 22:58:
Is it really the Rage engine? If so, I'm scared, the textures in rage were horrrrrrible.
Yup, though it won't be using MegaTexture to the same extent. Even so, just look at the terrible texture quality and lighting in the trailer. As for the gameplay, it will probably be fun for about 30 minutes before the novelty wears off.

It certainly won't be worth picking up until a major Steam sale. It's hilarious that it has been priced as a AAA game.

11. Re: Wolfenstein Gameplay Trailer Apr 29, 2014, 20:21 theyarecomingforyou

Worst. Lipsync. Ever.

This looks shit and it's based on the RAGE engine so that's an immediate pass.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $43 Million
35. Re: Star Citizen Hits $43 Million Apr 29, 2014, 12:39 theyarecomingforyou

Frags4Fun wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 10:25:
My biggest question about this game is the engine. It has never been proven capable of doing the things that a game like SC would require like massive open areas with planets, space stations, etc.
No engine has ever proven capable of doing the things that Star Citizen is doing, so that's really a moot point. The Bengal Carrier has over 700m polys, which completely eclipses games like Ryse (85m) and Infamous: Second Son (120m). It's an incredibly ambitious project but it's at least being headed by someone with extensive experience in the industry and a great track record. Starlancer and the Wing Commander games were some of my favourite games.

I'm looking forward to the details about the actors involved, as given the length of the script and talent involved they reckon it will cost up to $10m (a quarter of their current budget) according to the latest Wingman's Hangar. This project has the potential to redefine PC gaming.

News Comments > Star Citizen "Coming Together"
60. Re: Star Citizen Apr 27, 2014, 11:03 theyarecomingforyou

Redmask wrote on Apr 27, 2014, 10:06:
Flo wrote on Apr 27, 2014, 08:21:
I doubt that SC is "coming together" the same way Elite: Dangerous is coming together.

Why?
It doesn't matter as it's not even a sensible comparison. Elite: Dangerous is a very basic game with a fraction of the depth or graphical fidelity. It's like comparing Pong to Far Cry 3.

News Comments > Star Citizen "Coming Together"
13. Re: Star Citizen Apr 26, 2014, 16:21 theyarecomingforyou

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 26, 2014, 13:06:
Well any band can sound decent in the studio with all the digital wizardry you can do... The real test is performing live, and that's what RSI failed.
Developers don't usually show off content so early in development. I mean, we've seen the same thing happen to Microsoft when demoing upcoming versions of Windows - shit happens.

The game is a LONG way off being released in final form and I am more than happy about the progress being made after following Wingman's Hangar and 10 For The Chairman videos. The philosophy behind the game is as impressive as the technical accomplishments.

5973 Comments. 299 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo