Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonas Taylor

Real Name Jonas Taylor   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname theyarecomingforyou
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 8, 2005, 11:25
Total Comments 6015 (Guru)
User ID 22891

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > BioShock Infinite PC Details & Specs
48. Re: BioShock Infinite PC Details & Specs Jan 16, 2013, 16:37 theyarecomingforyou

Jerykk wrote on Jan 15, 2013, 23:23:
From a technical standpoint, Crysis does have better graphics than FC3. The textures are much higher-res, the foliage is more lush and the environments are far more interactive (trees and shacks can be completely destroyed, most objects have physics, etc).
You are a better troll than me. I concede defeat.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Civilization V One World Expansion Clues
11. Re: Civilization V One World Expansion Clues Jan 16, 2013, 16:27 theyarecomingforyou

Keilun wrote on Jan 16, 2013, 16:12:
I recall reading somewhere where Brad Wardell from Stardock had spoken to one of the Civ V devs who had told him that less than 4% ( of Civ V players had even bothered to try an MP game let alone finish one and that was the reason they chose to cut MP from FE.
You're still looking at hundreds of thousands of players and that's where multiplayer was never a major focus. I think it would do really well if they fully integrated it with the Steam Community and allowed simultaneous playthroughs (everyone logs in and it shows whose turn it is, with an optional time limit per-turn) rather than the current manual turn-by-turn email mode.

More importantly, Firaxis promised Pitboss multiplayer and that was years ago.

8. Re: Civilization V One World Expansion Clues Jan 16, 2013, 16:04 theyarecomingforyou

Verno wrote on Jan 16, 2013, 15:36:
They did a remake of Colonization back in 2008 with the CIV IV engine and I remember not caring for it much :(
They messed up the end game, which meant the longer you waited the more difficult it became. In fact pretty much the only way to win was through exploits, by deliberately leaving your cities unguarded and reinvading. There were also bugs with the interface for trading. I enjoyed it for a few playthroughs but it was too broken to enjoy it properly.

justice7 wrote on Jan 16, 2013, 12:05:
I have played 8 player multiplayer games on Civ V, it does exist.
I didn't say it doesn't exist - I said it was a "real chore". It's also not the Pitboss mode that was originally promised.

1. Re: Civilization V One World Expansion Clues Jan 16, 2013, 09:40 theyarecomingforyou

I recently noticed that they have added a touch-mode for Windows 8, so it's good to see major patches still being made. However, they really need to implement a proper multiplayer - preferably through Steam Cloud - as the Hot Seat multiplayer is a real chore.

If One World is indeed an expansion and not DLC then I'm looking forward to it, as Gods & Kings was excellent.

41. Re: BioShock Infinite PC Details & Specs Jan 15, 2013, 21:52 theyarecomingforyou

AngelicPenguin wrote on Jan 15, 2013, 19:28:
Dunno, I think the lighting looks more realistic in the crysis video. More natural. The far cry 3 one the colors look too bright/saturated.
That's art direction more than graphics, though. FC3 is obviously over-exagerated but at the same time Crysis is over-subdued. However, look at the difference in foliage (appearance, detail, density), texture quality, lighting, etc - all of those favour FC3. I would say the lighting is much better in FC3 - if you jump to 24 secs in you see that Crysis has very flat lighting and FC3 has very much more varied more dynamic lighting (it's not just one scene though). In fact even most defenders of Crysis claim its lighting wasn't very good, whereas FC3 has strong dynamic lighting and a day/night cycle. Not that FC3 is perfect by any means, as the decision to blur out at extreme distance was terrible and it wasn't done for performance reasons, as manually disabling it improves performance - it was a design decision.

Even if you don't like the art style of FC3, it's a much more powerful and compelling engine than UE3, which is very dated now. And there are other much more impressive engines as well, like BF3. Even a lot of other UE3 games look better than BI, like Dishonored or Arkham City.

But as I said, graphics aren't my only concern with BI - the gameplay is easily my biggest concern.

38. Re: BioShock Infinite PC Details & Specs Jan 15, 2013, 19:03 theyarecomingforyou

AngelicPenguin wrote on Jan 15, 2013, 12:54:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agbTFdy3BTg
That's a great comparison. I find it amazing that anyone can watch that video and suggest that Crysis has better graphics than FC3, yet judging by the comments there clearly are people who believe that. I honestly don't understand it.

Jerykk wrote on Jan 15, 2013, 16:24:
As a whole, FC3 is a nice-looking game but I wouldn't call it great-looking. I definitely don't think it looks better than Infinite based on what I've seen of both.
I can't take you seriously when you make comments like that.

Looking at the gameplay videos of Bioshock Infinite, like this one, it's clear it's not even close to FC3 / Crysis levels. It looks like Yet Another UE3 Game™. And the gameplay really doesn't look too hot either, especially not after games like Dishonored and FC3.

I really enjoyed Bioshock but this game just doesn't excite me as much as it should. The gameplay looks quite dated and far too scripted.

6. Re: BioShock Infinite PC Details & Specs Jan 15, 2013, 12:37 theyarecomingforyou

Jerykk wrote on Jan 15, 2013, 12:29:
What makes you think it won't look as good as Far Cry 3? Far Cry 3 doesn't even look that great. The interior lighting in particularly looks pretty bad and the SSAO implementations are pretty lousy too. From what I've seen, Infinite looks great (in terms of art style).
Yawn. Go troll someone else.

3. Re: BioShock Infinite PC Details & Specs Jan 15, 2013, 12:27 theyarecomingforyou

Overon wrote on Jan 15, 2013, 12:10:
I game where 4 GB of RAM is recommended as well as a quad core processor? Do my eyes and brain deceive me?
Other games that recommend a quad-core CPU and 4GB RAM:

The Witcher 2
Far Cry 3
Crysis 3

Chances of Bioshock Infinite looking any near as good as those games? Zero. It could be that it's a poor port or it could be that they're simply being more honest that other publishers.

It's great that they're including high resolution textures but the game still looks quite low in terms of polygon counts - both for characters and for environments - and it seems it won't be supporting tessellation (it would have been mentioned by now). Still, I'm more concerned about the gameplay as everything I've seen has shown it to be an on-rails shooter. That might have been okay for the original game - especially as it was designed to be claustrophobic - but the genre has moved on and it's not set in the sky.

I'm still hopeful this will be a decent game but I won't be preordering it.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Specs
48. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Specs Jan 15, 2013, 09:29 theyarecomingforyou

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 15, 2013, 08:38:
You'd have to pay me to even consider going to Australia on a vacation. 40°C and above? Yeah.. no.
It depends on the humidity. When I went to Egypt it was over 45C in the shade, yet the very low humidity meant it wasn't a problem; in fact I've been more uncomfortable on a humid 30C day in the UK.

That said, I wouldn't be interested in a holiday to Australia either. It's hot, it's mostly desert, the culture is very similar to the UK, it's expensive to get there, it takes a very long time to fly there and it doesn't have much in the way of history. I tend to stick to Europe and have enjoyed all the countries I've visited - I've been to Italy, San Marino, France and Belgium. In terms of hot countries, I'd like to visit Dubai, Brazil and Turkey but I'm not in any hurry.

28. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Specs Jan 14, 2013, 17:30 theyarecomingforyou

DangerDog wrote on Jan 14, 2013, 16:30:
Where is the PC love letter for this game, Borderlands 2 had one but I'm not going to assume that Gearbox will put forth the same effort with this game unless it's mentioned somewhere. FOV adjustments? Graphic settings? Mouse driven interface?
This is what concerns me. Gearbox was upfront about the PC version of BL2, yet there has been almost no discussion about the technical details of ACM. In fact Randy Pitchford has talked more about the Wii U version than the PC version, with the special motion sensor interface for the tablet-controller - in fact he's been gushing praise like a cheap whore.

Oh, and I hate bonus weapons for pre-ordering. They did it for BL2 - as well as the loot bonus - and it was just as shitty then. Pre-order bonuses should be cosmetic vanity items.

19. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Specs Jan 14, 2013, 14:53 theyarecomingforyou

ACM supports DX11 but won't use any DX11 features, like tessellation. For all intents and purposes it's not a DX11 game. From a technical perspective it's a backwards step from the recent AVP game, especially as all the media features low polygon models and environments as well as low resolution textures. I'm hopeful that the gameplay will make up for it but at the moment it looks like I'll wait to pick this up on sale.

I haven't seen anything to suggest that ACM will be a decent PC port. That's in stark contrast to other non-DX11 games like Dishonored and Borderlands 2, which both had media and interviews talking about how the PC version was receiving special treatment. That makes me very sceptical, especially with the development history.

DX11 isn't essential but it is a warning sign and there have been many other warning signs.

qsto wrote on Jan 14, 2013, 13:30:
What? Technically speaking that looks like utter shit!
Unfortunately I agree, though my only hope is that they are simply showing off the console footage. A lot of the Far Cry 3 trailers looked pretty shit as well but that game turned out to be great, though the PC credentials were hyped from the start (and FC2 was a very good PC port, with DX10 support).

News Comments > Batman and Arkham Domains
13. Re: Batman and Arkham Domains Jan 14, 2013, 14:02 theyarecomingforyou

netnerd85 wrote on Jan 14, 2013, 13:24:
You mean this Aquaman?
Or the slightly less gay one from Smallville.

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 14, 2013, 13:13:
I'm not sure quite HOW they would do it, but I'd love for Rocksteady to take a shot at Superman.
It would be difficult to get right but then so was Batman. The flight mechanic wouldn't be radically different from Batman's gliding, while the effect of Kryptonite could be similar to the poison in Arkham City (i.e. causing Batman to stumble around). The biggest issue would be super-speed, as even if they were to do a slow-motion like effect the game world would need to be huge for it to be convincing. That said, if any developer could pull it off it would be Rocksteady.

Green Arrow would be easier to pull off and it would be good timing with the new TV series, though obviously you have the new Superman film as well.

News Comments > Batman and Arkham Domains
8. Re: Batman and Arkham Domains Jan 14, 2013, 12:18 theyarecomingforyou

Creston wrote on Jan 14, 2013, 10:47:
Does anyone truly believe that Arkham Asylum and City, both very successful commercial ventures, isn't going to get a third game in the series?
Sure it will, but the developer of those games is rumoured to be working on a TMNT game. I don't think they'll trust it with another developer, which means they'll need to expand the studio into an A and B team with some overlap or that it will come after the current title they're working on.

Personally I'd rather see Rocksteady work on another property in the DC Comics universe, like Green Arrow or Superman - any franchise where they can't simply copy & paste the gameplay from Arkham. Then they could eventually build up to a Justice League game, which would be epic.

News Comments > Diablo III 1.07 Preview
3. Re: Diablo III 1.07 Preview Jan 12, 2013, 19:28 theyarecomingforyou

middle!  

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer - New CDP Reveal Next Month?
44. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer - New CDR Reveal Next Month? Jan 11, 2013, 09:05 theyarecomingforyou

Jerykk wrote on Jan 11, 2013, 03:14:
Honestly, I don't think 1080p will even be standard for most next-gen games. The current gen is perfectly capable of running games at 1080p but developers choose to focus on using higher quality assets instead. Hell, many games don't even run at 720p. I suspect next-gen games will be no different, which is fine by me because the PC versions will still get the higher quality assets in addition to higher resolutions, AA and framerate.
I'd be very surprised if 1080p is not the minimum-resolution for next-gen consoles, as it would be the most obvious visual difference from the current-gen. They need it as a selling point. As for current-gen consoles, while there were many high profile games that were sub-720p (GTA4, Halo 3) and still lagged at times, due to optimisations Halo 4 was actually native 720p.

There's no point releasing a new generation of consoles if they're not going to substantially improve the graphics and 720p is one of the biggest fidelity bottlenecks at the moment. You may be right but I hope and suspect you are wrong.

32. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer - New CDR Reveal Next Month? Jan 11, 2013, 00:30 theyarecomingforyou

Jerykk wrote on Jan 11, 2013, 00:09:
Next-gen consoles definitely aren't going to be as powerful as everyone seems to think. Sony and MS have taken huge losses on this generation's hardware and after seeing the success of the Wii and the growing casual market, they're not going make a prohibitively console again.
I never suggested otherwise. It's certainly not going to be as much of an advance as the current generation was, as it's mainly a bump to support 1080p and alleviate the main bottlenecks (memory, optical capacity, storage, GPU). However, moving up to 1080p and increasing the texture resolution is enough to make a significant difference for multi-platform titles and hopefully tessellation will be easily achievable.

My point was more that it won't be limited by the ultra-shit current gen consoles.

News Comments > Oculus Rift Impressions
20. Re: Oculus Rift Impressions Jan 11, 2013, 00:24 theyarecomingforyou

jdreyer wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 18:51:
This does sound really cool, though. I'd really love to try it out. I guess for an FPS, your head set becomes your mouse? So you'd aim with your head? And instead of a keyboard, you could use a controller for shooting and movement.
That would be terrible for accuracy. For it to work properly you'd need an interface that allows you to look with the VR and aim with a mouse / gamepad, or for it to have a degree of auto-aim dependent upon where you're looking. That's fine for singleplayer games but it wouldn't work for competitive shooters. However they implement it, game support will need to be more involved than simply using it as a replacement for your mouse.

Personally I'm really quite interested in this. I'd be willing to put up with some motion sickness if the immersion was there, as I like to be ahead of the curve with new technology. I'm most interested to see how it works with Star Citizen, because that for me is the definitive title for it at the moment. And I can imagine it working really well with an atmospheric game like Dear Esther.

11. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer - New CDR Reveal Next Month? Jan 10, 2013, 19:27 theyarecomingforyou

MajorD wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 19:18:
I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time, but that doesn't seem to show any actual gameplay; upon a quick search, I couldn't even find any in-game screenshots. Seems to be smoke-and-mirrors here, so I doubt the graphics will be as they portray in the trailer.
It's a teaser trailer, so it's not meant to represent in-game graphics or gameplay. It's designed to show off art-style and design direction, which it does very well. That said, there's nothing in there that's hugely radical and even as a multi-platform title it will be designed with next-gen consoles in mind - the graphics could easily be that quality in-game.

3. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer - New CDR Reveal Next Month? Jan 10, 2013, 18:50 theyarecomingforyou

Looks very good for a teaser. Obviously gameplay is what's important but The Witcher 2 was an amazing game, so I'm not too concerned about that at the moment.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Tease?
76. Re: Fallout 4 Tease? Jan 10, 2013, 17:27 theyarecomingforyou

ItBurn wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 14:45:
I'm classifying Clear Skies as an expansion. It was basically the same game, with a different story, factions and some features. I mean, it had the same game world. Call of Prypiat is a sequel though. Very different.
You don't tend to get major engine upgrades in an expansion, nor do you get major new gameplay mechanics like factions and major inventory improvements. At the same time CS certainly wasn't a sequel in its own right. Whereas CoP was more of an expansion and in fact regressed in the graphics department (to improve performance, as CS was pretty brutal).

6015 Comments. 301 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo