Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonas Taylor

Real Name Jonas Taylor   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname theyarecomingforyou
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 8, 2005, 11:25
Total Comments 5983 (Guru)
User ID 22891

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Prey 2 Countdown?
1. Re: Prey 2 Countdown? Feb 2, 2013, 18:01 theyarecomingforyou

I assumed that this project was dead but it would be nice to see it released. Let's hope this isn't a wind-up.  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Console Grand Theft Auto V in September
43. Re: Console Grand Theft Auto V in September Jan 31, 2013, 18:28 theyarecomingforyou

As I said, to me the experience that consoles provide is unacceptable. Consoles have: upto 77.5% few pixels than a single-monitor setup or 86% fewer than a multi-monitor 1200p setup; lower resolution textures; half the framerate; no / poor anti-aliasing; longer loading times; limited input devices; no 3D, hardware tessellation or hardware physics, etc. We're not talking about a slight difference here. Even the next-gen consoles won't be able to compete with top-end PCs now.  

News Comments > GRiD 2 in May; Preorder Bonuses
3. Re: GRiD 2 in May; Preorder Bonuses Jan 31, 2013, 12:29 theyarecomingforyou

Looking forward to it.  

News Comments > Console Grand Theft Auto V in September
6. Re: Console Grand Theft Auto V in September Jan 31, 2013, 12:28 theyarecomingforyou

Wow, they managed to fuck that up good and proper. The game will be drowned out by all the hype of the next-gen consoles, which will already be out by the time a PC release appears (if it even does). The lack of gameplay footage is just the nail in the coffin.

Then again, those who game on consoles are happy with 720p @ 30fps with shit graphical quality and gamepads... so I'm sure they'll be lining up to buy it. Gaming on console is like listening to all your music on cassette tape... it's fine if that's all you can afford but some of us have higher standards.

News Comments > BioShock Infinite 'City in the Sky' Trailer
7. Re: BioShock Infinite 'City in the Sky' Trailer Jan 31, 2013, 11:42 theyarecomingforyou

I have a feeling that after games like Dishonored, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Borderlands 2 and Far Cry 3 that this game is going to feel very restrictive and linear. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy linear / restrictive games when the gameplay is right - I really enjoyed the original Bioshock, Half-Life and Metro 2033 - but there's something that doesn't quite seem right about BI. Hopefully I'm mistaken.

Creston wrote on Jan 31, 2013, 11:38:
I admit the trailers look cool, but I'm really worried this game is more scripted than CoD...
Yeah, I definitely get that vibe.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailer
15. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailer Jan 31, 2013, 07:31 theyarecomingforyou

InBlack wrote on Jan 31, 2013, 05:40:
In the original AvP you shoot the fucking alien it loses a few limbs, still keeps on coming...you empty a clip into it in panic it trashes around on the ground spraying you with acid and burning your ass...Now you shoot the alien and see a green splat. Yeah for green splats. And the speed of the fucking Aliens tailored for gamepads. Hooray for gamepads! Thank you Xbox and PS, thank you very fucking much!
It's not just the controller - most console games run at 30fps, which is terrible for fast paced games. There's an excellent video comparing DmC: Devil May Cry on the PS3 @30fps with the PC @60fps and it reminded me exactly why I don't care for console gaming.

And yeah, the original AvP was excellent and the even the multiplayer was well done. The aliens movement was probably the best the series has seen, even though it's so old. I didn't care for AvP2 at all. AvP 2010 had a decent engine but everything else was a disaster (even though I really tried to like it).

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailer
6. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailer Jan 31, 2013, 02:01 theyarecomingforyou

This game looks like it's going to be a trainwreck. The graphics are worse than Aliens Versus Predator, which was released three years ago. And I've seen no indication that the PC version is anything more than a basic port; even the Wii U version seems to be getting more attention.  

News Comments > Prince of Persia "Paused"
8. Re: Prince of Persia Jan 30, 2013, 05:51 theyarecomingforyou

Jerykk wrote on Jan 30, 2013, 03:16:
What was wrong with the art direction? I thought it was great, almost like a painting. Definitely unique and refreshing.
It was completely out of character for the PoP universe and all the textures were horribly washed out and bland, while the black outlines looked terrible. It was certainly different but had nothing on other stylised games like TF2.

As for supernatural "nonsense," not sure what you're on about. ALL of the PoP games have had supernatural elements, including the original PoP where you fought skeletons.
It was just so over-the-top. If the game had a different name then nobody would have even spotted that it was supposed to be a PoP game.

In terms of writing, how was PoP 2008's protagonist any more whiny or infantile than the SoT protagonist? The SoT prince wasn't exactly a beacon of maturity and sophistication.
PoP 2008 was based entirely around one-liners and childish humour, which was incredibly grating. It was significantly more infantile than the previous games.

The real issues with PoP 2008 were the overly simplified platforming mechanics and the QTE-infested combat. Fix those two issues and you have a great game.
You can have that game but just keep it away from the Prince Of Persia franchise.

News Comments > Prince of Persia "Paused"
5. Re: Prince of Persia Jan 30, 2013, 01:22 theyarecomingforyou

Sands Of Time was the highlight of the modern games.

Prince Of Persia 2008 was train wreck - terrible art direction; whiny annoying American prince; supernatural nonsense; infantile humour, etc. It had absolutely nothing to do with the Prince Of Persia brand.

The Forgotten Sands was alright but obviously not enough to keep the franchise alive.

I can't say I'm surprised to see the franchise on hiatus but it's probably for the best.

News Comments > Crysis 3 Open Beta Begins; Tutorial Video
17. Re: Crysis 3 Open Beta Begins; Tutorial Video Jan 29, 2013, 20:58 theyarecomingforyou

Finally got SLI working - I had to manually add the .exe file to the Crysis 3 profile with nVidia Inspector. Performance is superb, maintaining 60fps with the default anti-aliasing (SMAA low, I believe - the one up from FXAA). I tried TXAA on medium but performance was terrible (about 35-45fps). Overall it seems smoother than Crysis 2.  

7. Re: Crysis 3 Open Beta Begins; Tutorial Video Jan 29, 2013, 13:58 theyarecomingforyou

SLI doesn't work for me, so performance is poor. I'm running the latest nVidia drivers for Crysis 3, so I really don't know what the issue is this time.

As for the intro video, I hate pre-order bonuses that give you an in-game advantage. They've managed to take the most despised feature of F2P games and add it into their regular games.

4. Re: Crysis 3 Open Beta Begins; Tutorial Video Jan 29, 2013, 11:51 theyarecomingforyou

Not being that familiar with the Origin client the process to install the beta wasn't as intuitive as it should have been. Anyway, downloading...  

News Comments > GRiD 2 Trailer and Screenshots
21. Re: GRiD 2 Trailer and Screenshots Jan 28, 2013, 20:28 theyarecomingforyou

Omni wrote on Jan 28, 2013, 19:11:
I am sorry but drifting game mode doesn't belong in a real racing games and I have to agree with nin.
Firstly, GRID never tried to be a simulator - it was an arcade racer that went for a semi-realistic approach. Secondly, drifting was in the original game and was well implemented. Not including drifting would be removing a feature from the original game.

15. Re: GRiD 2 Trailer and Screenshots Jan 28, 2013, 16:20 theyarecomingforyou

jdreyer wrote on Jan 28, 2013, 14:45:
This vid didn't show much gameplay, so here are a couple more:

Chicago
California

The graphics look fine, but not all that different from the original, which is 5 years old at this point. Which is fine, since the original looked so good, but surprising given the time span.
Those videos are clearly taken from console. Codemasters did the same thing with DiRT Showdown, in that all the preview videos were based on the console footage - when I played the demo on PC the graphics were way better than anything I'd seen.

Personally I think it's moronic to put out footage from a console version, particularly when they super-compress it. At least with Crysis 3 they use the PC footage.

News Comments > NVIDIA Beta Drivers for Crysis 3 Beta
9. Re: NVIDIA Beta Drivers for Crysis 3 Beta Jan 28, 2013, 16:15 theyarecomingforyou

DangerDog wrote on Jan 28, 2013, 14:34:
Oh Crytek you're so silly, you think your game is Call of Duty with a nano suit.
Does anyone really play Crysis for the multiplayer, though?

News Comments > NVIDIA Beta Drivers for Crysis 3 Beta
7. Re: NVIDIA Beta Drivers for Crysis 3 Beta Jan 28, 2013, 14:24 theyarecomingforyou

Techie714 wrote on Jan 28, 2013, 11:59:
On a side note I've been beta testing that new Nvida Experience that tweaks games based on your card. It actually works really well. Although the game selection is very limited, it will mature. Overall it made my BF3 game look & play a little better. =)
I'm interested in that but it doesn't support SLI yet.

7. Re: GRiD 2 Trailer and Screenshots Jan 28, 2013, 14:04 theyarecomingforyou

Creston wrote on Jan 28, 2013, 13:24:
Just out of curiosity, why is it unforgivable? What's wrong with drifting?
Exactly. The original GRID had plenty of drifting. Personally I'm fine with it. GRID was more of an arcade racer than a simulator and I'm okay with slightly exaggerated physics if it makes the game more enjoyable.

1. Re: GRiD 2 Trailer and Screenshots Jan 28, 2013, 10:27 theyarecomingforyou

The screenshots (read: renders) and gameplay footage looks like ass, which is ridiculous because the engine is capable of much more based on the previous games alone. I wish they would use high resolution PC footage, rather than low resolution console footage.

I'm looking forward to GRID 2, as I very much enjoyed the original and the DiRT series of games. I just hope there's no gymkhana or any other nonsense like that.

News Comments > BioShock Infinite PC Q&A
11. Re: BioShock Infinite PC Q&A Jan 27, 2013, 20:02 theyarecomingforyou

ViRGE wrote on Jan 27, 2013, 16:23:
Because 65 degrees is intentional? I don't know why everyone assumes it's a technical limitation when it's sometimes done for artistic reasons.
As already stated, FOV is entirely dependent upon the distance you are from the screen relative to its size. Those sensitive to motion sickness are especially affected by an incorrect FOV. For consoles a low FOV is an easy way to improve performance by limiting the amount displayed on screen. But it's absolutely NOT an artistic decision.

While an incorrect FOV doesn't really bother me it annoys me when developers can't be bothered adding a slider, as it's really simple to implement. It's nice to see a lot of developers have recognised that recently, with games like Far Cry 3 and Borderlands 2 providing it as an option.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines "Kick Ass" Trailer
26. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 24, 2013, 18:17 theyarecomingforyou

The graphics are actually getting worse in every trailer I see. Shocking.  

5983 Comments. 300 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo