Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonas Taylor

Real Name Jonas Taylor   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname theyarecomingforyou
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 8, 2005, 11:25
Total Comments 5984 (Guru)
User ID 22891

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Tomb Raider Patched
31. Re: Tomb Raider Patched Mar 11, 2013, 23:34 theyarecomingforyou

[VG]Reagle wrote on Mar 11, 2013, 22:55:
Massive Breast reduction surgery? Political correctness hit Tomb raider. Dont believe me check out this screenshot.
Guys, she still has pretty big breasts: One; Two; Three. They may be small when compared to the average American man / woman but that's only due to obesity.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Tomb Raider Patched Mar 11, 2013, 14:36 theyarecomingforyou

Jraptor59 wrote on Mar 11, 2013, 13:16:
Well, I got a huge crash about 10 minutes in, while really loving the game, with the new patch. This game also doesn't support SLI.
It does support SLI, but only with the 314.14 drivers (which crash with tessellation). Apparently there is a SLI workaround for the 310.90 drivers, so I'll have to try that next.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
22. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 11, 2013, 14:32 theyarecomingforyou

fujiJuice wrote on Mar 11, 2013, 14:16:
I own both the 360 and the PS3, and while I rarely, very rarely play games on them, I use the 360 several times a day. Like someone said, you can buy Live, if you shop around, for a year at around $30, which is money I would rather not have to pay, but I feel I get value out of.

The 360 has so many extra features, some which the PS3 has, but doesn't do nearly as well, that I find myself using it as a media console and not a gaming console.
My brother is the same. He owns a X360, PS3 and Wii, yet he pretty much uses the X360 exclusively (he also games on PC). The biggest fans of the PS3 seem to be those who own it as their only console or who dislike Microsoft as a company - most people that own both prefer the X360.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 11, 2013, 12:20 theyarecomingforyou

Trevellian wrote on Mar 11, 2013, 11:48:
The fact of the matter remains, Microsoft's throne was built on 2 series this generation. Halo and Gears. Bungie is gone, Capps and Cliffy are gone. Neither series will quite be the same, just in the same way COD went downhill after the loss of it's creators.
Halo and GOW will remain big sellers, just like COD has. Halo 4 was made by a different studio and yet earned $300m in the first week, which was a record high for the franchise. Sony has exclusives too but not on the same scale. I mean, take Uncharted for instance - the last game didn't even top the charts on release. I think your characterisation of Sony's exclusives is deeply flawed.

However, Sony is the perceived underdog going into the next generation and this time it isn't gambling on a new technology like Blu-ray. It has worked much more closely with developers on the specs of the PS4 and has deliberately designed it to be similar to PC specs for easier crossplatform development. It also has a more open online offering than Microsoft. It is a much more gamer friendly offering.

Meanwhile, Microsoft has become increasingly arrogant and while it still has the better exclusives it hasn't done enough to generate new exclusives. It all comes down to what Microsoft do with their next-gen releases - if it's more of the same then that won't be enough; if it's a generation leap then they might just be able to inch out a lead.

I really don't want to see Microsoft win the next generation of consoles, as it will mean it will continue to treat PC gamers like dirt.

7. Re: Tomb Raider Patched Mar 11, 2013, 11:21 theyarecomingforyou

Creston wrote on Mar 11, 2013, 11:15:
It's shorter than Uncharted?? Uncharted lasts like six hours... :|
I've played for 9hrs already, so it's not that short.

6. Re: Tomb Raider Patched Mar 11, 2013, 11:20 theyarecomingforyou

Xero wrote on Mar 11, 2013, 11:00:
Can't say enough good things about this game. Really awesome. The fact that they continue to push for better performance is always good news considering I have zero complaints thus far...
That's certainly not true for me. The game is a technical disaster. It's unstable, performance is sketchy, there are lots of graphical issues (1,2,3,4) and some of the crashes have even gone as far as resetting my computer, which is incredibly rare with Windows nowadays.

Don't get me wrong, the gameplay is great and I'm really enjoyed the game but on a technical level it's a disaster for me and a lot of other 6xx series nVidia users. The patch didn't do anything to improve performance, though that will probably come from a driver update (whenever nVidia finally releases it).

News Comments > SimCity Marketing Campaign Paused
23. Re: SimCity Marketing Campaign Paused Mar 8, 2013, 17:46 theyarecomingforyou

Mad Max RW wrote on Mar 8, 2013, 17:44:
I mean, what the fuck. After A:CM and Sim City we're beyond parody.
The only thing that could top it would be a surprise sequel to RAGE!

News Comments > SimCity Marketing Campaign Paused
22. Re: SimCity Marketing Campaign Paused Mar 8, 2013, 17:45 theyarecomingforyou

I'm Mr Schadenfreude. Keep up the good work EA. Guitarist  

News Comments > Dodgy Steam Key Warning
21. Re: Dodgy Steam Key Warning Mar 8, 2013, 10:16 theyarecomingforyou

BicycleRepairMan wrote on Mar 8, 2013, 08:39:
They bear the cost because Steam/valve didnt handle the transaction. These keys were purchased on UW's website, you then got a serial you had to activate on steam.
Yes, but how exactly is a retailer supposed to prevent a stolen credit card being used? If a bank knows that a card is stolen then any purchases should be prevented; if not then the bank should be held liable for the cost. That way there would be an incentive for them to improve their security. Passing the cost on to retailers is incredibly unfair.

When they say $30,000 in fees, I'm interested to know whether that's an actual loss. If they are simply refunding the purchase price and invalidating the licence then there is no material loss for the retailer (only the consumer) - they are simply refunding illegal purchases. If that's money they'd had to pay in costs then that's crazy.

19. Re: Dodgy Steam Key Warning Mar 8, 2013, 08:36 theyarecomingforyou

El Pit wrote on Mar 8, 2013, 07:54:
theyarecomingforyou, just checked GameKeys4U.net. They got lots of RU(ssian) keys, which means you might run into problems. You'd have to activate them via VPN, which Steam forbids. I don't know whether Steam's Mr. Burns really would unleash the dogs of their Enforcement Team, though. ;)
All their Steam Gifts are region free (it states so on the website) and the other games they offer on Steam list which region they apply to. They do have games that require VPN for activation (i.e. Russian keys) but it lists that on the order page.

Definitely people should avoid Russian keys at all costs.

News Comments > GeForce Tomb Raider Fixes Inbound
43. Re: GeForce Tomb Raider Fixes Inbound Mar 8, 2013, 07:18 theyarecomingforyou

Jivaro wrote on Mar 7, 2013, 15:58:
As for the QTEs...I think you have to be bothered by the very existence of QTEs to be bothered by them in this game. They are incredibly simple and get further and further apart as you progress through the game. I am only 52% through the game (according to the save game) and I have been averaging only like 1 an hour for the last 8 hours of game time. The first couple hours of the game though it seemed like their were quite a few. I don't know if there really were or if it was just that they stood out more because I hadn't quite gotten a grip on the QTE system and thus had to redo the first couple of them a few times each.
The problem with QTEs is that they ruin immersion by displaying a big button prompt and by taking control away from your character for that scene. Can you imagine playing Half-Life and having a headcrab jump onto your head and a massive prompt appear saying "Press E"? No, of course not. I wasn't a particular fan of them in FC3 either.

The other issue is the button bashing. Having UI elements appear to give you a progress of your button bashing is distracting and again diminishes immersion, as does the Surival Instinct. Krovven suggested that Survival Instinct is similar to Arkham Asylum and while the functionality is somewhat similar I disagreed because in Arkham it was actually contextual (i.e. Batman has a suit that has that ability) - in TR it's simply a transparent gameplay mechanism designed to help you when your stuck.

Does any of this ruin the game? Of course not. But I don't like the implementation in TR. Overall I'm still having a blast, but now that I'm further into the game the performance is starting to become sketchy (framerate drops to 45fps) - nVidia needs to get out these drivers ASAP.

17. Re: Dodgy Steam Key Warning Mar 8, 2013, 07:03 theyarecomingforyou

I've bought numerous keys through GMG, so it's definitely a trustworthy site. I also bought Far Cry 3 about 3 months ago through GameKeys4U.net (yup, it sounds dodgy as hell but I checked the website through TrustPilot and it checked out) - it worked perfectly and I checked the key wasn't region restricted. Both my brothers also used that site to buy Steam-activated keys with complete success.

Whenever I order from a new site I look for reviews to see how trustworthy the website is.

As for the charge-back fees, that's just ridiculous. Most banks have barely adequate security and they shouldn't be allowed to just shift all the burden to retailers. I mean, it should be standard functionality for banks to contact you (either by email or text) when purchases are made on your card, with an option to specify at what level (to avoid being flooded with notifications for minor charges). Payments for trusted retailers should be accepted as standard but extra checks should be done on unknown companies / individuals. Banks should be more clear about payments (bank transfers, cheques, etc) and if they can still be cancelled. And governments / regulators should be much tougher on banks for security breaches.

Banks are fucking over consumers left, right and centre yet very little is being done about it.

News Comments > Age of Empires II HD Next Month
1. Re: Age of Empires II HD Next Month Mar 7, 2013, 15:57 theyarecomingforyou

I loved the original but this doesn't look like a substantial enough upgrade to warrant a purchase.  

10. Re: GeForce Tomb Raider Fixes Inbound Mar 7, 2013, 10:46 theyarecomingforyou

wtf_man wrote on Mar 7, 2013, 10:15:
To me, this is ass backwards.

nVidia and AMD shouldn't have to adjust drivers for new games. New games need to be developed for the latest drivers released. Period.
It's a two-way thing. The developer should design the game for the latest drivers they have available to them but manufacturers should be given access to final code to allow them to make specific optimisations. Apparently the new nVidia drivers have more problems than the previous version, so it's hard to say for certain who is most responsible for the situation.

At the end of the day developers and manufacturers should work together to give customers the best possible experience. That clearly didn't happen with this game.

4. Re: GeForce Tomb Raider Fixes Inbound Mar 7, 2013, 09:51 theyarecomingforyou

necrosis wrote on Mar 7, 2013, 09:40:
Fixes for what? Good chunk into the game and zero issues here.
I've encountered major stability issues. The game is unplayable with tessellation enabled and even with it disabled I still get crashes that require a complete computer reset (i.e. it's not possible to Ctrl-Alt-Del or Alt-Tab out). I've also noticed some texture shimmering and performance drops.

It's a shame that developers don't work more closely with GPU manufacturers, particularly when there are only two major companies. nVidia and AMD should both be given the final code as soon as the game goes gold so they can release performance drivers to coincide with release.

News Comments > Tomb Raider DLC on Xbox 360 This Month
6. Re: Tomb Raider DLC on Xbox 360 This Month Mar 7, 2013, 05:23 theyarecomingforyou

DarkCntry wrote on Mar 7, 2013, 04:46:
Must be playing a different game than I, I'm a good halfway through and the only QTE-like events have been non-intrusive and minimal. Unless you're talking about the "press E" to catch yourself from falling, which I don't think qualifies as a QTE.
Actually, there are quite a lot of QTEs but they're not too intrustive.

So far I'm really enjoying the game. It definitely has a different feel to it than the earlier games and I've only come across a single tomb so far (it was small and incredibly easy) but I'm still early in the game. Overall the gameplay is well done and the graphics are great. Unfortunately stability is very poor, which seems to be an nVidia issue - disabling tessellation greatly reduced the number of crashes but it's not resolved yet. Hopefully some driver updates and game patches will address that.

It's still too early to say what I think of the game but it definitely has potential.

News Comments > Dishonored Named GotY at BAFTAs
14. Re: Dishonored Named GotY at BAFTAs Mar 6, 2013, 14:55 theyarecomingforyou

I think it's a very good list. I would have liked to have seen Dear Esther win the award for Artistic Achievement but it was a bit of a long shot. XCOM:EU and FC3 deserved their respective awards and were both excellent games in their own right but I think Dishonored is the right title to take GOTY; it wasn't as impressive technically but I think the setting was very compelling and the gameplay was refreshing.  

News Comments > Soren Johnson at Stardock
1. Re: Soren Johnson at Stardock Mar 4, 2013, 20:53 theyarecomingforyou

They must have offered him a decent chunk of money, as not many developers would want to work for a prick like Brad Wardell.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Defiance Likely a Film Title
18. Re: Deus Ex: Human Defiance Likely a Film Title Mar 2, 2013, 11:09 theyarecomingforyou

mag wrote on Mar 2, 2013, 10:50:
Don't be so down, guys. It could be every bit as good as the first Mortal Kombat.
That was an awesome film! It's a shame that they ruined the sequel by recasting Rayden.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Defiance Likely a Film Title
3. Re: Deus Ex: Human Defiance Likely a Film Title Mar 1, 2013, 20:42 theyarecomingforyou

Isn't it still likely that it will be accompanied by a game?  

5984 Comments. 300 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo