Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
West Point, NE 02/20

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonas Taylor

Real Name Jonas Taylor   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname theyarecomingforyou
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 8, 2005, 11:25
Total Comments 6131 (Guru)
User ID 22891

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Beta Adds FPS Counter
3. Re: Steam Beta Adds FPS Counter Jan 5, 2015, 16:34 theyarecomingforyou

All these little features are nice but the Steam client itself is in need of a major overhaul. It just isn't suited to keeping large games libraries organised.  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Survarium EU Open Beta
2. Re: Survarium EU Open Beta Jan 5, 2015, 14:30 theyarecomingforyou

Looks exactly like STALKER, only now the visuals are ridiculously dated. Pass.  

News Comments > Far Cry Poll
1. Re: Far Cry Poll Jan 5, 2015, 10:21 theyarecomingforyou

No to all of those. If they want to take the game in a new direction then set it in an open world city, make the lead character a woman and make it so that there are consequences to every action, like in the Telltale games. Far Cry 4 was a great game but the choices were largely meaningless.  

News Comments > Steam Tops 8.5M Concurrent Users [Updated]
21. Re: Steam Tops 8.5M Concurrent Users [Updated] Jan 3, 2015, 18:33 theyarecomingforyou

Acleacius wrote on Jan 3, 2015, 18:12:
There seems to be a bug, where all the Friends list log offs are the same. I.e. atm all my Friends list looks like they all logged off at the same time 3 hours ago.
It's based on the time you connect to the Steam Community. That means if there's an outage, and there frequently is, that it resets all the times. Valve really needs to improve the reliability of the Steam Community - I can't tell you how many times I've been kicked out of games that depend on it for multiplayer.

News Comments > Steam Tops 8.5M Concurrent Users [Updated]
3. Re: Steam Tops 8.5M Concurrent Users Jan 3, 2015, 11:39 theyarecomingforyou

Simon Says wrote on Jan 3, 2015, 11:05:
ONLY 8.5M? I thought Steam was the revolutionary shiznit and everything hearing people talk about it here...
You can keep pretend that Steam isn't a major player but you're going to look like a muppet.

News Comments > Another Steam Concurrent User Record
9. Re: Another Steam Concurrent User Record Jan 2, 2015, 20:17 theyarecomingforyou

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 2, 2015, 18:29:
Great. But it's also down right now. Fuck DRM. Fuck it good! lol
That's the first time I recall Steam being down to the point that you couldn't even login. Was quite surprised, especially as the sale is now over and demand should have dropped.

News Comments > Roberts on Star Citizen in 2015: "No Finish Line"
16. Re: Roberts on Star Citizen in 2015: Jan 2, 2015, 20:14 theyarecomingforyou

DangerDog wrote on Jan 2, 2015, 19:41:
The full crazy that's been implemented by the insanity of expensive ship purchases and trying to turn this into Star Citizen : Second Life pretty much ensures that it's going to be a huge letdown no mater how hard they try.

He should have just tried to make a spiritual successor to Wing Commander with updated graphics and called it a day.
The way I see it I'm going to have a blast when I earn in-game what people have paid $2,500 to get.

At the end of the day I'm having an absolute blast playing the game as-is, so I can't wait for the final product.

News Comments > Unlock Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes Framerate and FOV
7. Re: Unlock Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes Framerate and FOV Dec 31, 2014, 06:23 theyarecomingforyou

It annoys me when developers deliberately cripple games for no logical reason. There is absolutely no excuse for any PC game to be limited to 30fps.  

News Comments > Eye Occilations and Framerate
9. Re: Eye Occilations and Framerate Dec 26, 2014, 10:50 theyarecomingforyou

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 25, 2014, 22:02:
An extremely interesting field of study. It's also why that 48fps Hobbit thing flopped like a brick falling into water. Just higher FPS does not make a movie better, because to our eyes something that looks "good" at 30fps looks "shit" at 48 or even 60 . There are apparently certain frame rates that create the illusion of reality. Oculus Rift for example says that's at 75 fps. .. but whether that is the frame-rate we really want to make things FEEL real (not just immersive) is the real question.
I hate traditional 24fps for movies, as whenever a scene pans it looks terrible. Personally I thought The Hobbit HFR was excellent, after taking several minutes to adjust to it. Some people are just resistant to change. The Hobbit HFR was also the first movie where I didn't despise 3D, as normally it irritates me no end.

Most of the excuses are bullshit. People just don't like it because it's different and they haven't given it enough of a chance - I mean, how can they when there has only been one movie and you have to have watched it at the cinema? That's not exactly a broad basis on which to form an opinion.

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Version 1.0 Released
73. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Version 1.0 Released Dec 23, 2014, 06:38 theyarecomingforyou

InBlack wrote on Dec 23, 2014, 04:10:
It's pointless. You will never get through to these fanatics, some of them are posting that they recieved more fun out of following and supporting this project than actually, you know, playing games. Ahem. Okaaay.
It's true, though. There are three shows a week (ATV, 10FTC, RTV), plus occasional specials (TNGS) and livestreams. The forums are alive with discussions and there are various meetups. This coming year CitizenCon is in the UK and near where I live, so I'll be attending (if I can get a ticket). I participate more in the Star Citizen community that I play most games.

The only game that I got similarly excited about before release was Unreal Tournament.

InBlack wrote on Dec 23, 2014, 04:10:
Makes sense though, you would have to be in denial to actually not see all the problems some of us have repeatedly listed in these threads.
I'm not in denial at all. If you go to the forums there are countless 'Concern' threads where the community vote on whether they consider an issue to be important. Some people are concerned about their specific ships; others about whether the game will be P2W; some about the racial diversity of characters in the commercials. I've posted numerous times about some of the issues introduced in 1.0, like the connection issues and broken SLI support.

Am I confident that the game will be enjoyable? Absolutely, but I acknowledge that there are legitimate issues and it's not even close to being ready for the mainstream at the moment. Given the scope of the game it will never be able to please everyone but those with sensible expectations should be pleasantly surprised.

72. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Version 1.0 Released Dec 23, 2014, 06:29 theyarecomingforyou

Flatline wrote on Dec 22, 2014, 13:05:
So let's quote the actual webpage here for the 300i package as of 30 seconds ago:

Make your mark on the galaxy with the Origin 300i, a luxury-class ship ideal for elite bounty hunters and mercenaries. You can do it all, from scouting distant jump points to hunting deadly fugitives. With more upgrades and options than an Aurora, the 300i is a great way to come out fighting.

Turns out, not so much. But for 15 dollars more you can really have it all! (and yes, you're right, 15 bucks, but still Fuck them for that).

And sure I can sell my ship for credits and buy something else or whatever but you know what? How do I know that ship won't get nerfhammered before launch either?
You're not meant to start with the best ship in the game - there's meant to be progress. There will DEFINITELY be better ships and that's by design. Some players that pledge a lot are getting 'better' ships - they're bigger but they have their own limitations - but they're reducing the satisfaction of earning those ships in-game. It's like starting chess three moves from checkmate.

Further, the quote you give states that there are 'more upgrades and options' but doesn't state that it will come with them, nor that they would be the best equipment. It's already been announced that the best weapons and equipment will ONLY be available in-game.

Kosumo wrote on Dec 22, 2014, 14:43:
I have no idea why people are putting so much faith (and money) into his project - he has not release any games in over a decade.
Because he's released some of my favourite games. The Wing Commander series and Starlancer were superb games, with only Tie Fighter holding an equal position in the genre. Publishers wouldn't give him a chance so he focused on a career in movies - now he's back for his most ambitious game to date.

As pointed out above, they are stuggling to even get a consistant canon (story universe) togeather, let alone making it into playable form, let alone fun.
No, they're not.

I'm calling it, He's got no idea what the fuck is happerning, he's just marketing it away as hard as he can. Ship sales, ship ads, t shirts and even a convention (before their is even a game!) selling weapons for you ships ($18 if you want some 'rail guns' I think)
He knows exactly what's going on. How do I know that? Because I watch Around The Verse, the show that keeps fans up to date with the game's development; because I watch 10 For The Chairman, in which he answers questions from fans; because I watch Reverse The Verse, in which the development team (including Chris Roberts sometimes) answers questions from fans; because I watch the live Twitch streams, like the recent one for the launch of 1.0. Anyone that follows the game knows that an incredible amount of thought and effort are being put in. Those complaining are sitting on the sidelines and simply don't have all the information.

It's about a year since Arena Commander was released (maybe 10 months) and it's taken them up to this date just to patch it to what they are calling 1.0 yet still alpha.
Because it is still an alpha. Many of the gameplay mechanics are missing (multicrew ships, 64bit precision, ship boarding, etc) and a lot more polish is needed. Arena Commander was released in June, meaning it's only 6 months old - it's made incredible progress since then. Before that CIG spent most of its time establishing itself as a studio and developing the concepts, something that is usually done before a game is announced to the public. The development speed has and will continue to accelerate now that CIG is fully staffed.

54. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Version 1.0 Released Dec 22, 2014, 12:39 theyarecomingforyou

Flatline wrote on Dec 22, 2014, 11:36:
SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 22, 2014, 08:08:
So I started up SC after a long break. It told me there are 37 patches to apply. 10 minutes later patching failed. Closed it, went back to play ED.

That happened to me too. Solution basically is to reinstall from scratch. All like 40+ gigs of it.
The install is only 22GB. I think you're getting confused when the patch is being applied, as it looks similar to the download bar.

Flatline wrote on Dec 22, 2014, 11:36:
The thing that pisses me off is that it seems like SC has gone out of it's way to minimize it's oldest supporters' impact. I picked up the bounty hunter package during the initial Kickstarter and when I recently peeked at the game it turns out that there's some "upgrade" pack because the package I blew 70 bucks on is underpowered or something. But if I drop another 45 I can actually start out as competent in a fight.

In other words, for a game that hasn't been released yet they're already making ships "obsolete". And that's a fat load of bullshit.
When the Kickstarter was launched there were only a handful of ships planned and the scope of the game was simply unknowable. Lots of changes have been made to the 300 series and many more are likely before release, though it's worth pointing out that every ship can be easily upgraded in-game without any additional monetary cost when the game is released. However, the upgrade to the 325a, which is the military variant, is only $15 - not $45.

The game is being designed so that every ship fills a role. Starter ships like the Aurora and Mustang are cheap but capable; dogfighters like the Hornet are powerful but expensive; multicrew ships take things even further but are extremely expensive. The 300i isn't obsolete, it just isn't the best ship in the game and was never promised to be. The labels (Scout, Mercenary, Bounty Hunter, Pirate, Colonel, etc) were only simplistic descriptors to differentiate the packages - that's evidenced by the fact that both Scout and Mercenary packages come with the same ship.

It seems some people just like to moan. You pledged for the 300i and got the 300i. When people pledged there weren't many details released about the ships - people pledged for the game and the concept. If you don't like your package you're free to melt it and use the credits to buy another one, meaning you're not stuck with a package you don't like.

45. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Version 1.0 Released Dec 22, 2014, 09:55 theyarecomingforyou

Slashman wrote on Dec 22, 2014, 07:35:
So hold on. Squadron 42 is now episodic?? I thought it was a full campaign on release. Yeah...this keeps getting better.
Yes, for two reasons: 1) so that it gets released faster, and 2) so that community feedback can be used to improve the subsequent releases. This game is hugely dependent upon the community and its feedback. Major changes have been made to ships, control schemes, gameplay systems and release schedules as a result of the community.

Rigs wrote on Dec 21, 2014, 21:36:
Sooo...looking at the 'game packages', the lowest is a $20 'Aurora ER', plus $5 Arena package and you're in....but WAIT!

OUT OF STOCK

How in the FUCK...?!?
The $20 packages were subsidised by the release of the Javelin (which cost $2,500) - it was a reward for the anniversary of the game. It included an Arena Commander pass, so the full game was available for $20. If you'd have read the page you'd have seen it said "this exclusive package comes at a lower price thanks to our dedicated backersí outstanding involvement in the crowdfunding campaign". Only 5,000 were released, along with another 5,000 for the release of Arena Commander 1.0. The regular package is only $35, which includes a ship and full access to the game (beta access, singleplayer, the persistent universe) - it's an extra $5 for access to the alpha, which is optional.

But hey, why be thankful for a promotion when you can use it to moan about the game? $20 is an amazing price for this game and there will be similar promotions in the future.

6. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare 2014's Dec 21, 2014, 17:55 theyarecomingforyou

[VG]Reagle wrote on Dec 21, 2014, 17:43:
For $ 25,000 can I get a star cruiser ? I want to make sure Roberts gets plenty of cash when he sells out and hangs everyone out to dry.
Why would he sell out when he is making lots of money developing a game he is passionate about? Gabe Newell hasn't sold Steam despite it being worth a fortune.

The game costs as little as $20 and everything else can be earned in-game. The people pledging large amounts are supporting the game, which otherwise wouldn't have been made.

5. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Version 1.0 Released Dec 21, 2014, 17:49 theyarecomingforyou

Cutter wrote on Dec 21, 2014, 16:57:
What's really funny are the fanboys thanking him for this P2W bullshit. Lulz it's just so pathetic.
Yeah, how dare people support a game that they want. I've been waiting for a decent space sim since Starlancer and couldn't be happier with what Chris Roberts is doing. The genre was dead before this and now it is coming back stronger than ever.

It's just a shame that 1.0 is suffering from server issues and has broken SLI support, as the gameplay itself has improved and there are dramatically more ships now available in-game. The Mustang is excellent and is a free sidegrade for anyone with an Aurora (the starter ship). The server issues are being worked on but I haven't heard anything on the SLI / Crossfire issues.

Now that CIG is established as a developer the pace of development has really accelerated and looks to continue into the next year. We're going to see the FPS module launch early next year and multicrew ships added with Arena Commander 2.0, with the planetside module to come - the end of the year will bring us the first chapter of Squadron 42, the singleplayer portion of the game.

News Comments > Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns
12. Re: Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns Dec 17, 2014, 09:34 theyarecomingforyou

InBlack wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 09:18:
shul wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 09:16:
I'm sorry, but I've watched the trailer and the game makes me sick.

I know that if I don't like it I don't need to play it but putting stuff like that out there is like poisoning minds.

Maybe that is the point?? Maybe its supposed to make you sick, the same way a shocking book or movie is supposed to shock you, leave an impact, and some food for thought. There is no way to tell until the game hits the shelves and we learn some more about the story (or the lack of one).
And maybe it's meant to inspire hateful loners to commit suicide shooting sprees.

It's pretty clear from the trailer what the game is about - we really don't need any in-depth reviews to tell us what we already know.

Not that I really care. The only developed nation with a fetish for guns is the US - if this game pushes some loon over the edge and he shoots up a school I couldn't really care less because it doesn't affect me. If Americans want to stop mass shootings they need to restrict guns. Otherwise people have to suffer the consequences.

News Comments > Street Fighter 5 Gameplay Footage
6. Re: Street Fighter 5 Gameplay Trailer Dec 14, 2014, 15:36 theyarecomingforyou

Looks like SFIV, which is now six years old.

Capcom really does like playing it safe. Disappointing.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Launch Details; Trailer
25. Re: Elite: Dangerous Launch Details; Trailer Dec 11, 2014, 09:01 theyarecomingforyou

The trailer was fine, the problem is that they made it for an entirely different game. There really is no excuse for not using in-game assets these days and trailers should be at least semi-representative of the actual game.  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer
16. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer Dec 8, 2014, 05:40 theyarecomingforyou

InBlack wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 03:38:
I never understood Batman's obsession with non-lethality. I guess back when Batman was invented people had a much more optimistic outlook on life. Today though, in 'Murica Goddammit! Cops shoot first and ask questions later, Batman needs to get on board or he'll face the wrath of the all-powerful NRA. I dont think even Bats can take on the NRA all by himself....
If Batman / Superman went around killing everybody they'd be criminals themselves. That and I don't think the comic book writers expected a future in which American cops go around shooting dogs and unarmed children. It's like Judge Dredd, except the cops are arseholes and don't mind who they kill.

News Comments > Game of Thrones Episode 1 Next Week
6. Re: Game of Thrones Episode 1 Next Week Nov 30, 2014, 06:01 theyarecomingforyou

Cutter wrote on Nov 29, 2014, 12:37:
Fuck hashtags. Dumbest things ever.
Welcome to 2006.

6131 Comments. 307 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo