Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonas Taylor

Real Name Jonas Taylor   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname theyarecomingforyou
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 8, 2005, 11:25
Total Comments 6091 (Guru)
User ID 22891

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped
209. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 17, 2014, 09:50 theyarecomingforyou

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 08:31:
I don't think that is the problem. The problem is they are changing fundamental parts of the game that was promised in the kickstarter stage.
To put it simply, what they are delivering isn't the game I've backed at the beginning.
If they've come forward with this news earlier I am pretty sure this wouldn't have been as big of a deal as it is now.
It's like you are funding a single player game that the devs turn into an mmo weeks before it's release.
Nowhere can I find any reference to offline player on the Kickstarter page. All I can find is a reference to being able to play without connecting to the galaxy server but that's different to supporting offline play. The change seems to be that connecting to the galaxy server is now required, which is certainly a change from the original pledge but very different to offline play being removed. Either way, I don't think the KS terms allow for refunds for changes in the course of development.

That said, it doesn't seem like a sensible decision given the inevitable backlash. Regardless of whether or not offline play was ever promised, people thought it was going to be possible and apparently nothing throughout development suggested otherwise.

Do I consider it a big deal? No, but then I'm not backing the game and am happy with SC, a competing title which is based heavily around online play.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Patch and Workarounds
18. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Patch and Workarounds Nov 15, 2014, 18:20 theyarecomingforyou

Paketep wrote on Nov 15, 2014, 17:53:
A fairly decent rep?. Since they rolled out the POS that is Uplay, I haven't bought any game from them, except for the Trackmanis 2 series (which doesn't use Uplay).
Uplay is at best a minor inconvenience. At least Ubisoft games are still for sale on Steam (for the moment). Also, they're generally decent.

I'd take Ubisoft over EA or Activision any day.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Dead Bug Live Blog
51. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Dead Bug Live Blog Nov 15, 2014, 11:37 theyarecomingforyou

Slick wrote on Nov 15, 2014, 11:02:
just because there are some bad apples out there, doesn't mean that journalism as a profession is morally bankrupt. only super edgy youtube personalities are to be trusted? Man-of-a-million edges TotalBiscuit is trying to follow in the footsteps of real heavyweights like Ben "Yahtzee" Crowshaw, except he's doing it with the grace of a drunken neanderthal.
Most of the gaming press can't be trusted, whereas TotalBiscuit is very honest with his reviews. You're just annoyed because your Ubisoft shares aren't worth as much since all the negative press came out surrounding Assassin's Creed: Unity.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Dead Bug Live Blog
45. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Dead Bug Live Blog Nov 14, 2014, 07:04 theyarecomingforyou

For what it's worth, performance is great on my system at 1600p with ultra settings. Better than I expected, given all the fuss. I haven't played around with anti-aliasing yet. Maybe there's been a day-one patch that improves performance.

That said, the graphics aren't anything radical. They're obviously very good but on par with games like Crysis 3 and Far Cry 3. That is, there isn't any reason why it should run so poorly.

News Comments > Ubisoft on AMD & Assassin's Creed Unity
25. Re: Ubisoft on AMD & Assassin's Creed Unity Nov 13, 2014, 08:48 theyarecomingforyou

Slick wrote on Nov 13, 2014, 04:23:
people bitch and moan that all games look the same, and do the same things. when one IP tries to push things forward, instead of throwing them a parade we lynch them because it's too much.
Nonsense. Gamers respect developers who push the boundaries, they just don't have any patience for poorly optimised messes like this. TotalBiscuit has a GTX 980 SLI setup and was struggling to maintain 60fps at 1080p. There is literally no point making a game that nobody can run. It's even worse on console, where the framerate drops below 20fps.

Slick wrote on Nov 13, 2014, 04:23:
this release reminds me of Crysis, a line in the sand has been drawn, where ubi is saying "even at minimum specs it has to look at least this good, has to be at least this many characters onscreen at once." FUCKING FINALLY. first game i've ever seen that can really even TRY to render a whole crowd, all other games just give up and make excuses why real crowds aren't "in this world".
Crysis was a terrible game. Graphically it was impressive but nobody could run it and the gameplay was really weak. It took several years before systems could even come close to running it properly. Crysis 2, on the otherhand, had better graphics that were less demanding and better gameplay.

I respect developers who push the graphical boundaries yet make a well optimised game that has great gameplay. Ubisoft did that with Far Cry 3 and by all accounts it looks like Far Cry 4 will be even better. Ubisoft failed with Assassin's Creed: Unity. I don't see how you can defend a badly made game.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $61M
12. Re: Star Citizen Passes $61M Nov 13, 2014, 07:27 theyarecomingforyou

Slick wrote on Nov 13, 2014, 04:27:
i vote my 2 cents that we never see another bullshit thread like this again on this site. it's not news. it's marketing.
Actually, it's both. Every time there is a milestone reached new features are announced, with choices given to the community. For instance, last time people voted for a third starter ship and this time they get to vote on the design (it's almost certain that the two-seater Xi'An-based MISC ship will win).

Judging by the number of people who comment on every topic related to Star Citizen it clearly IS news.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity GeForce Support
2. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity GeForce Support Nov 11, 2014, 17:55 theyarecomingforyou

jomisab wrote on Nov 11, 2014, 09:20:
Wow, looking at their recommended settings, glad I upgraded from a 680 to a 970 recently.
Yeah, based on reports of how poorly it's running on XB1 and PS4 I'm doubtful whether I'll be able to maintain 60fps @ 1600p with my GTX 970 SLI setup. It seems to be a very poorly optimised game.

It's released here in two days time, so I'll find out soon enough.

News Comments > No Blood Dragon 2 Plans
22. Re: No Blood Dragon 2 Plans Nov 10, 2014, 20:15 theyarecomingforyou

I liked the concept of Blood Dragon but the gameplay was... meh. I actually played it again recently but it just isn't anywhere near as enjoyable as FC3 itself.

To be honest I'm glad they're not doing a sequel, as it only worked because of the novelty. Hopefully we'll see something completely and utterly different.

News Comments > New NVIDIA WHQL Drivers
6. Re: New NVIDIA WHQL Drivers Nov 10, 2014, 20:11 theyarecomingforyou

I'm hoping my GTX 970 SLI setup will do the job, as if not I don't see who they're expecting will be able to run the game. The only question mark with my setup is that I game at 1600p, which is pretty demanding.

Oh well, I got Assassin's Creed: Unity for free so it's worth a shot.

News Comments > Blizzard Announces Overwatch
64. Re: Blizzard Announces Overwatch Nov 9, 2014, 06:14 theyarecomingforyou

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Nov 8, 2014, 15:39:
Have we even seen nearly enough to know whether it is innovative or not? Really, how innovative was TF2? It was just a well-polished and pretty well-balanced team shooter with a fun art style.
The graphical style was unprecedented at the time. I can still remember how impressed I was with the visuals when I first played it. In contrast this looks dated, with poor animations, low texture detail and low poly models. It is utterly derivative.

For Blizzard's first new IP in decades it's extremely underwhelming. More effort was put into the cinematic trailer than the game itself.

News Comments > Ubisoft Titles Return to Steam
33. Re: Ubisoft Titles Return to Steam Nov 8, 2014, 17:15 theyarecomingforyou

NKD wrote on Nov 8, 2014, 13:25:
Hmm thats interesting. But if Uplay isn't undercutting Steam, why would Steam be bothered by it? Like I could understand them being opposed to uPlay being cheaper, but the same or more expensive? I don't see how that hurts Valve. If anything it makes them look better in comparison. This is all so confusing.
Valve is trying to enforce consistent international pricing, which publishers are actively trying to undermine. It looks bad for Valve if titles in a particular region are so much more expensive.

This sounds like a Ubisoft ploy to get people to buy the game on Uplay, after which they'll release it on Steam - that's what they did in the UK with FC2 and FC3. Given that none of the games are available in the UK it seems like an issue involving regionality and I suspect it relates to pricing.

I'm more inclined to side with Valve than Ubisoft, though without knowing the full details it's hard to know what to think.

30. Re: Ubisoft Titles Return to Steam Nov 8, 2014, 12:29 theyarecomingforyou

NKD wrote on Nov 8, 2014, 12:15:
Uh, aren't the prices for these games same on Uplay and Origin as they would be for Steam? I can't see the UK prices..
I don't know about Uplay but I know with EA they charged a lot more on Origin than Steam, despite taking a bigger cut.

Ubisoft is charging 65 / $103 (discounted from 70 / $111) for Far Cry 4 Gold, which is utterly ridiculous. Even the regular version is 50 / $80, which most new games are available from 22-30 / $35-48. For instance, I paid 24 / $38 to pre-order Civilization: Beyond Earth and 22.50 / $36 to pre-order Tomb Raider (both Steam copies). Even on Steam most AAA games are 30, with even overpriced shit like Call Of Duty 'only' costing 40.

Ubisoft has lost the plot. If I hadn't got FC4 and AC:U for free I wouldn't have bought them, despite being really interested in both. Ubisoft is starting to become like EA.

News Comments > Blizzard Announces Overwatch
58. Re: Blizzard Announces Overwatch Nov 8, 2014, 09:11 theyarecomingforyou

JeffD wrote on Nov 8, 2014, 03:30:
As for "just another multiplayer team shooter".. are you fn kidding me.. did YOU even watch the gameplay trailer? You have 12...TWELVE Classes so far, each has there own skills and play style. Not all of them are twitch based front line assaults. And there will be MORE coming. The diversity of group combinations is going to be huge. Bigger then anything currently out there in the FPS market. And balance is paramount so if there is anyone who can do this right, it is either blizzard or ncsoft, so I am glad to see one of those doing it. :)
It's TF2.5 with Pixar style cinematics. It's not even close to as innovative as TF2 was for its time.

I'll wait to see how the game turns out but I really can't get excited about it.

25. Re: Ubisoft Titles Return to Steam Nov 8, 2014, 08:57 theyarecomingforyou

Overon wrote on Nov 8, 2014, 08:42:
Ubisoft needs Steam more than Steam needs Ubisoft.
Exactly. Uplay has a fraction of the non-Ubisoft games that Valve does. The only way Ubisoft can hope to compete is if it offers a better service, which simply isn't the case at the moment (and is frankly unlikely).

Ubisoft makes decent games but its business model is irksome.

22. Re: Ubisoft Titles Return to Steam Nov 8, 2014, 08:10 theyarecomingforyou

NKD wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 22:15:
Yeah I don't get why a retailer would give a fuck about what the publisher wants to charge... I must be missing something.
Because it undermines the platform, as some publishers can charged unreasonable amounts while having normal prices on their own service.

1. Re: Ubisoft Titles Return to Steam Nov 7, 2014, 19:02 theyarecomingforyou

This item is currently unavailable in your region
Fuck you Ubisoft.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Requires 64-bit OS
59. Re: Far Cry 4 Requires 64-bit OS Nov 7, 2014, 13:41 theyarecomingforyou

Creston wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 12:26:
Yeah I thought you'd gotten two games when you bought one card. I never saw you said cards plural.
Hehe, no worries.

News Comments > Ubisoft vs. Steam?
24. Re: Ubisoft vs. Steam? Nov 7, 2014, 11:29 theyarecomingforyou

I don't have a problem with Uplay or Origin but I have no intention on buying games on either platform. Virtually all my games are on Steam and I like it that way because of the community features. I would rather buy a Uplay or Origin game on Steam and have it launch another client than buy directly through the respective stores.

At the end of the day this is all about greed. Valve provides a better service and that's why people use it. Both EA and Ubisoft are denying users the opportunity to buy games on Steam and that is an anti-consumer practice.

As much as I like Ubisoft games this is a serious dick move.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $60M
43. Re: Star Citizen at $60M Nov 7, 2014, 10:21 theyarecomingforyou

I bought the Herald when it went on sale, to go alongside my Hornet. Anyone following the Blues News organisation in Star Citizen will understand why.  

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Requires 64-bit OS
54. Re: Far Cry 4 Requires 64-bit OS Nov 7, 2014, 10:02 theyarecomingforyou

Creston wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 15:56:
You got both?? Holy shit. What card did you buy? (I know, GTX970, but what manufacturer?)
There was a deal with Overclockers.co.uk and you get a free code with any GTX 970 or GTX 980, as part of an nVidia promotion. I ordered two of the GALAX GeForce GTX 970 EX OC, which are factory overclocked - that entitled me to two free games, for which I chose Far Cry 4 and Assassin's Creed: Unity.

I'm really happy as when I originally ordered they weren't included - the deal only launched about a week later. Anyway, I phoned up and they sent them out without any hassle. Excellent customer service.

6091 Comments. 305 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo