Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonas Taylor

Real Name Jonas Taylor   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname theyarecomingforyou
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 8, 2005, 11:25
Total Comments 6376 (Guru)
User ID 22891

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Announced
6. Re: Sea of Thieves Announced Jun 16, 2015, 05:40 theyarecomingforyou

The graphics are pretty decent in places, though the open beach and surrounding rocks looked terrible. The thing that annoyed me was the MMO style floaty names, which ruined it for me.  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > BATTLECRY Beta Signups
3. Re: BATTLECRY Beta Signups Jun 15, 2015, 08:57 theyarecomingforyou

Looks terrible. No thanks.  

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Announced
10. Re: Dishonored 2 Announced Jun 15, 2015, 06:30 theyarecomingforyou

Shame there wasn't any gameplay but I like the way the style has evolved. Definitely looking forward to this one. The original was one of my favourite games.

Random fact: I legally changed my middle name to Corvo after the protagonist from the original.

News Comments > Fallout 4 in November
63. Re: Fallout 4 in November Jun 15, 2015, 06:22 theyarecomingforyou

The graphics are terrible but the experience looks substantial enough that it could be a decent game. Certainly it looks better than the abysmal trailer they put out earlier. I really like what they're going for but I'm worried the dated graphics will diminish my enjoyment. Graphics aren't everything but this looks REALLY dated.

I'll wait for PC gameplay footage closer to release before making any decision. Certainly I won't be paying the 50 / $77 that Steam is asking for, which is frankly insulting!

News Comments > DOOM Next Spring
20. Re: Doom Next Spring Jun 15, 2015, 06:09 theyarecomingforyou

Ant wrote on Jun 14, 2015, 23:59:
Videos really remind me of DOOM 3 though.
What?! I liked it precisely because it DOESN'T look like Doom 3, a game I really didn't care for. For me this is Doom going back to its roots. I had ZERO interest in this before the E3 presentation - now I'm looking forward to it.

Like others have mentioned, I don't really care for the finishing moves but that's not a dealbreaker. This is a step in the right direction for the franchise.

News Comments > Starbreeze Unveils VR Hardware
11. Re: Starbreeze Unveils VR Hardware Jun 14, 2015, 19:01 theyarecomingforyou

This seems very late to the party and struggling with issues already tackled by Oculus and Vive. More importantly it doesn't have any major backing, as Valve is working with the Vive and Facebook owns Oculus. To me this seems like a non-starter, as interesting as the tech is.

As already mentioned, we need VR to be an open platform and not tied to any one manufacturer.

News Comments > Dota 2 Reborn Beta
18. Re: Dota 2 Reborn Beta Jun 14, 2015, 18:44 theyarecomingforyou

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 13, 2015, 20:36:
Sorry, but after HotS I can never go back to DOTA 2 ;p The removal of items, and the lanes no longer being sticky as fuck due to gold/xp only counting if you are involved in that kill, makes the game infinitely more smooth and fluid. It rewards strategic movement away from the lanes towards objectives and camps which believe it or not, can even happen in quick games. Maintaing the lanes is not even important anymore, as even a team pushed back to the citadel can turn an ENTIRE GAME AROUND by overwhelming an enemy that overextends their push.
You listed everything I DISLIKE about HotS. The lack of items makes for a more repetitive experience; the objectives mean everybody piles into one lane and it's chaos; the limited heroes ruin the experience and requires you to grind to unlock them.

I'm really looking forward to Dota 2 Reborn. I've put 160hrs into Dota 2 and it's one of my go to games.

News Comments > Oculus Rift Controller & Xbox Partnership Announced
49. Re: Oculus Rift Controller & Xbox Partnership Announced Jun 12, 2015, 08:06 theyarecomingforyou

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 12, 2015, 03:00:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 12, 2015, 02:25:
PsychoMoggieBagpuss wrote on Jun 12, 2015, 01:25:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 11, 2015, 19:46:
Win 10 is free only if you're running Win 7 or above.

Like anyone serious about gaming is running XP or ME? Pull the other one, it's got bells on......

Lots of people still on Vista.

Less than 1% of PC gamers according to Steam stats. Even less than the number of poor saps still clinging to XP, lol.
Exactly. Windows 7 and 8 make up 91% of the gaming market according to Steam, so most people will qualify for a free upgrade to Windows 10 (and those that don't will simply pirate it).

As for the XB1 'support', all it's doing is running games in a window and not tracking any movement in-game - not surprising as the XB1 struggles to hit 1080p @ 60fps. Complete gimmick. At least Sony is trying to do VR properly with Morpheus.

News Comments > Mirror's Edge Catalyst Title Confirmed
11. Re: Mirror's Edge Catalyst Title Confirmed Jun 10, 2015, 09:04 theyarecomingforyou

I really enjoyed the original game. It wasn't quite good enough to be a classic but it was certainly unique. That said, since EA has boycotted Steam I've boycotted them so this is another 'looks good but I'll never play it' title.  

News Comments > Resident Evil 0 Trailer
4. Re: Resident Evil 0 Trailer Jun 9, 2015, 06:32 theyarecomingforyou

Welcome to 1997.

Seriously, what the hell is with the appalling graphics? This makes Fallout 4 look nearly not terrible.

News Comments > NVIDIA Launches GTX 980ti; New Drivers; & GSYNC Features
59. Re: NVIDIA Launches GTX 980ti; New Drivers; & GSYNC Features Jun 6, 2015, 12:48 theyarecomingforyou

ForgedReality wrote on Jun 3, 2015, 14:01:
Shineyguy wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 13:07:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 11:49:
These drivers are shit. I've been getting constant crashes on the desktop.

Fuck you nVidia! Sort this shit out!

And yet I played Witcher 3 for about an hour after installing them and had no issues.

You need to report your problem to nVidia and let them know your computer's setup. Saying what you did here will do nothing but get you labelled as "that guy".

Yeah, sounds like it's his system, not the drivers. I have no issues.
You clearly haven't been on the nVidia forums, as this is a well known issue. I haven't had any problems with nVidia drivers until recently, starting with The Witcher 3 driver release. Since then I've been having major stability issue on the desktop, so clearly not related to GPU load.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Trailer
107. Re: Fallout 4 Trailer Jun 4, 2015, 12:40 theyarecomingforyou

Creston wrote on Jun 4, 2015, 10:03:
It was almost SEVEN years ago that FO3 came out, and from the looks of it, they've made a new map and called it a day.
Yup. It's Fallout 3.5.

News Comments > Spike Lee Directing NBA 2K16 MyCareer
4. Re: Spike Lee Directing NBA 2K16 MyCareer Jun 4, 2015, 12:01 theyarecomingforyou

Ozmodan wrote on Jun 4, 2015, 10:32:
Basketball really does not translate well to a computer game.
Ah, I knew I shouldn't have been enjoying this franchise. Thanks for pointing that out.

104. Re: Fallout 4 Trailer Jun 4, 2015, 09:27 theyarecomingforyou

hello newman wrote on Jun 4, 2015, 08:04:
is this the Rage engine from iD ?
I did wonder that, what with all the flat lighting. If you look at the ground textures they're extremely RAGE-like, low resolution and with crushed colours. It would explain a lot. But RAGE at least had decent character models.

I really don't understand how this game can look so bad. It looks like there has been no graphical improvement since Skyrim, which is pretty old now.

Same graphics; same themes. It looks like a standalone expansion at best.

62. Re: Fallout 4 Trailer Jun 3, 2015, 15:47 theyarecomingforyou

For me NV was just more of the same. That and it was incredibly buggy, with characters disappearing into the ground and mission breaking issues. I tried to give it a chance, especially as so many people here raved about it, but I didn't enjoy it at all. It played like a bad expansion.

Quinn wrote on Jun 3, 2015, 15:14:
People were hyping the fuck out of FO4 for months already based on mere rumors about it. Now they finally show this stuff and while it's not crap per se I cannot honestly believe that anyone here was actually impressed by the trailer. Sure, it's fallout, and evidently that alone is already enough for people to jerk off on but don't expect me to believe that anyone here -- anyone! -- is truly looking back at this trailer thinking even remotely the excitement they expressed here by just giving way to their biased fanboy.
The problem is that there are people that are genuinely excited. Some of my friends were talking about it on Facebook. Me, I just don't get it and I say that as someone who enjoyed Fallout 3 and didn't find the writing as bad as many make out (yes, I liked Oblivion and Skyrim too).

It's like I loved X-COM: Enemy Unknown but the trailer to X-COM 2 didn't get me excited. I'll almost certainly pick up the game at or near launch but there was nothing for me to get excited about.

Fallout 4 will probably be a very enjoyable game but this was a bad trailer.

29. Re: Fallout 4 Trailer Jun 3, 2015, 12:14 theyarecomingforyou

Morgan19 wrote on Jun 3, 2015, 12:00:
I enjoyed F3 and F:NV for years, but I can't help but feel like this looks like more of the same. Not even the engine, as others have stated, but the entire environment, approach, characters, etc.: I'm getting a "been there, done that" feel instead of what I would've expected from a new numbered iteration.
That's the problem for me. I look at this and think 'I've played this before'. I really couldn't get into New Vegas as it seemed like a Fallout 3 mod and I'd just burnt myself out completing that. The environments all look the same.

11. Re: Fallout 4 Trailer Jun 3, 2015, 11:21 theyarecomingforyou

What's up with the X360 / PS3 era graphics? And why does the dog have flat textures for fur and walk like a malfunctioning robot with joint problems?

Not impressed. I'm sure the gameplay will be fine but they seriously need a decent engine.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Launches
18. Re: Heroes of the Storm Launches Jun 3, 2015, 10:07 theyarecomingforyou

InBlack wrote on Jun 3, 2015, 06:48:
Spoken with all the knowledge and experience of 0 minutes of playing HOTS. I have played the game for a few months now, and have yet to spend a single cent on it.
I didn't say you HAD to spend money, I simply stated that those who pay money get an advantage. It takes a long time and a lot of grind to earn enough gold to unlock all the characters, whereas every character is available for purchase immediately.

If anything this game is P2L or Pay to Lose, since people who cant be bothered to learn the characters, and mechanics of the game and simply use real money for everything will suck completely and utterly with it.
Don't be ridiculous. All things being equal the person who pays for characters has the advantage.

Also lol at the grind comment, I spend very little time on this game, perhaps half an hour on average each day and yet have managed to acquire nearly half the heroes currently available and have never felt even close to the frustration with some other F2P games which shall remain nameless. Compared to most F2P games, there is very little grind here.
You've played for months and earned less than half of all the available characters. Others will cave and pay immediately, giving them the advantage. Hearthstone had the same P2W mechanics. Dota 2 doesn't have any of this bullshit to deal with.

This is a bad business model. I'd rather pay outright for a game than deal with a grindy shitfest. Do you know how much it costs to buy all the characters? It's $160. Fuck that. After Valve offered such a gamer friendly business model I don't know why people are happy to defend this nonsense. Blizzard makes EA look altruistic.

14. Re: Heroes of the Storm Launches Jun 3, 2015, 05:53 theyarecomingforyou

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 23:03:
Uhh, yeah. There's nothing P2W about it.
Other than the entire business model. Hiding characters behind a paywall makes it P2W, something that Dota 2 doesn't do. Sure you can acquire them through gold but players that spend real money on the game have an advantage.

Valve got the business model just right with Dota 2, whereas HotS is all about grind and microtransactions.

6. Re: Heroes of the Storm Launches Jun 2, 2015, 22:13 theyarecomingforyou

HotS is like Dota 2 only it's frustrating, it has worse graphics, it's based around grind / P2W, the gameplay is all spam and... well, yeah.

I really hate Blizzard's P2W business model. Hearthstone was ruined because of it. Valve nailed it with Dota 2, which is why this is so frustrating.

6376 Comments. 319 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo