Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonas Taylor

Real Name Jonas Taylor   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname theyarecomingforyou
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 8, 2005, 11:25
Total Comments 6090 (Guru)
User ID 22891

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Colin McRae Rally Steam Refunds
5. Re: Colin McRae Rally Steam Refunds Aug 6, 2014, 12:00 theyarecomingforyou

It's really not much clearer now. I had no idea this was based on the mobile version and assumed, like others, that it was a re-release of the old version.  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Expands; New Ship Added
64. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Expands; New Ship Added Aug 5, 2014, 11:25 theyarecomingforyou

Flatline wrote on Aug 4, 2014, 15:05:
Well depending on how optimistic you are that's either because "it's an alpha!" (which seems to be the blanket excuse, even for game design decisions) or the slightly more realistic cop that Chris Roberts has a hardon for a more simulator experience than a game, or the more cynical suspicion that the flight control model is intentionally obtuse because it's the dodge required to avoid the accusations of pay to win.
The handling is different to other games because the physics is modelled accurately, meaning when you turn you have to allow for deceleration from thrusters firing in the opposite direction. It also means that when thrusters are damaged the ship handling can be dramatically altered.

As for the game being more of a simulator than a game, the RSI forums are filled with people complaining that it's too dumbed down. Handling is something that is going to receive substantial work before release and each patch usually improves things. Personally I think it's a nice balance and what I expected given Chris Roberts' previous games.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $49M; Ongoing Funding Explained
9. Re: Star Citizen at $49M; Ongoing Funding Explained Aug 5, 2014, 10:55 theyarecomingforyou

SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 5, 2014, 09:43:
It is awesome to show off the power of PC gamers when it comes to funding to shove it in the console companies face, but at the same time I really wish he would focus on making the game instead of all the other crap he does, like those web tv things and commercials and new ship designs etc.
They ARE focused on the game. The web series are funded by subscriptions separate to the game funding in order to keep people informed about the development progress and are extremely informative. The new ships are simply those that have been completed and are put on sale for a limited period to raise funds - the fact that new ships are being sold is evidence of the game's progress. They'll be added to Arena Commander as soon as possible, as the plan is to get all the single-seater ships released first. The commercials are a form of advertising, considering that CIG doesn't have a publisher or traditional advertising budget.

The reality is that development is progressing but it takes time and a lot of it simply isn't ready to be released to backers. Game development is largely uninteresting but CIG has done an excellent job of keeping people informed and presenting it in an entertaining manner.

I think it's unfair to fault CIG when it is more transparent than any other developer out there. If the information isn't of interest to you that isn't CIG's fault.

News Comments > Star Citizen in Depth
35. Re: Star Citizen in Depth Aug 4, 2014, 19:54 theyarecomingforyou

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 4, 2014, 12:36:
"Works fine" and "good shape" hahaha our hobby Iraqi Information Minister is at it again. I hope you do realize that repeating that utter nonsense doesn't really make it true.
You repeat the same thing in every topic. Is your life really so pathetic that you have nothing better to do than trash this game? We get it, you don't like the game. If you want to criticise something in particular that's fair enough but you're going out of your way to repeat the same flamebait.

Having played the game I really enjoy it and am more than happy that I backed it. In fact I've pledged more since the release of Arena Commander. Clearly other people feel the same way or it wouldn't be the most successful crowdfunded game in history. You can call me all the names you like but it won't stop me enjoying the game.

News Comments > Star Citizen in Depth
15. Re: Star Citizen in Depth Aug 4, 2014, 12:04 theyarecomingforyou

Wildone wrote on Aug 4, 2014, 10:21:
Based on what I have seen thus far, they will be lucky to get the DFM working properly.
What do you mean? Arena Commander works fine. I was playing it online last night and it seems to be in very good shape for a game so early in development.

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Expands; New Ship Added
26. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Expands; New Ship Added Aug 3, 2014, 17:34 theyarecomingforyou

The hangar hasn't been optimised, as they've been focused on Arena Commander. They've already shown off the work on the updated hangars and the addition of PBR.

Personally I think Star Citizen is shaping up to be an excellent game. Already the gameplay is enjoyable and the game surprisingly polished for such an early release. Those watching the weekly videos will appreciate how much effort and detail is going into the game. Elite Dangerous looks very promising but Star Citizen is in a whole different league.

These sales are funding the development of the game and all the ships will be available to earn in-game. Currently the plan is to discontinue ship sales after release, so this really is just crowdsourcing the development. I am happy considering how much they are now adding to what was original going to be quite a modest title.

News Comments > F1 2014 & 2015 Announced
10. Re: F1 2014 & 2015 Announced Jul 31, 2014, 14:00 theyarecomingforyou

Creston wrote on Jul 31, 2014, 11:27:
So why on earth would a PC player buy 2014, if 2015 is going to be a 'next-gen' version only, and will come out soon(ish) thereafter?
I assume we're talking about 6 months between them, which is still a decent period of time. Also, this is the first chance for fans of the sport to play with the new regulations, like turbo. I think we'll see a discount for people who buy both.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 30, 2014, 05:36 theyarecomingforyou

Fantaz wrote on Jul 30, 2014, 01:05:
it's actually a pretty decent deal for $29/year...
Until you find out that games will only be added for a short period of time and you're essentially paying for demos.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 29, 2014, 14:17 theyarecomingforyou

Creston wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 11:44:
Then again, British police are fucking crazy, so who knows...
Crazy in comparison to what? They're positively angelic if you compare them to the bullshit going on in the US.

News Comments > Sims 2 Ultimate Collection and SecuROM
11. Re: Sims 2 Ultimate Collection and SecuROM Jul 29, 2014, 14:05 theyarecomingforyou

I hate SecuROM and Tages because both locked me out of games I had purchased - the former was with Crysis 2, the latter with STALKER: Clear Sky. Neither added to the experience. Steam is different because it provides tangible benefits that far outweigh the limitations.

That said, I would still like to see Steam move away from DRM. I can understand it for game launches to prevent content being leaked early but not past release.

News Comments > Firefly Online Trailer
21. Re: Firefly Online Trailer Jul 28, 2014, 09:07 theyarecomingforyou

MindStalker3 wrote on Jul 27, 2014, 18:27:
Honestly, that still doesn't mean it will be POS. Sure a POS from a technology standpoint. The "thing" is, they are getting the cast to do the voice overs, and are said to be hiring good writers.
Firefly Online will be more of an interactive episode story. IF they can keep new creative stories rolling out it could be an interesting experiment in a new medium of story telling.
Did you not watch the trailer? I'm saying it will be a piece of shit based on the empirical evidence. I mean, wtf is with the isometric bullshit? Most mods are higher quality than this.

I'm waiting for the Firefly mod for Star Citizen.

News Comments > The Walking Dead: Season Three Confirmed
8. Re: The Walking Dead: Season Three Confirmed Jul 27, 2014, 19:02 theyarecomingforyou

ViRGE wrote on Jul 27, 2014, 18:40:
While I don't doubt that's part of the reason, I suspect the more simplistic look is so that art development doesn't take too long. Art is already the single biggest cost of any AAA game, and if you want to release frequently like TTG does then you don't want to be in a position where each episode needs years of art.
We saw how Valve's episodic content worked out, so I think there's a lot of truth to this. Increasing the graphical fidelity would increase the development costs and cause each episode to take longer.

The graphics are decent enough.

News Comments > Firefly Online Trailer
9. Re: Firefly Online Trailer Jul 27, 2014, 18:25 theyarecomingforyou

I love Firefly but this game looks utterly shit. It looks like something that would have been released about 15 years ago. Fuck you Fox.  

6. Re: The Walking Dead: Season Three Confirmed Jul 27, 2014, 18:22 theyarecomingforyou

Fion wrote on Jul 27, 2014, 17:17:
I'm pretty excited for Tales from the Borderlands too, I very much enjoy the setting and the characters, though I'm much more hyped for their Game of Thrones title. If anyone can pull off ASoIaF in a meaningful way, it's Telltale.
Wow, I had no idea. That's going to be awesome!

Fion wrote on Jul 27, 2014, 17:17:
As to the graphics, I can honestly say at Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us are two games I really haven't cared that the graphics were quite low end. Mostly because the stories are so engrossing but largely because the art design is so wonderfully done I don't care about polygons and texture size so much.
Exactly. The graphics did the job and the gameplay more than made up for it. It worked because it was so stylised.

3. Re: The Walking Dead: Season Three Confirmed Jul 27, 2014, 14:59 theyarecomingforyou

Awesome. I've loved TWD:S2 so far and am glad that it has been well received enough to warrant a third game. Those who enjoyed it should also check out The Wolf Among Us, which is another Telltale game in the same vein. I'd go as far as to say it's even better.

I'm also looking forward to Tales From The Borderlands. Telltale is on a role.

News Comments > Crytek Gets Funds for "Transitional Phase"
28. Re: Crytek Gets Funds for Jul 26, 2014, 18:37 theyarecomingforyou

Slick wrote on Jul 26, 2014, 11:07:
HOOO BOY.

crysis 2 was an improvement over crysis 1? graphics were better? farcry 2 and 3 had better graphics!? you need to go back to crysis and actually finish it. or don't who cares.
I absolutely stand by my statement. Crysis really wasn't as impressive as people like to make out.

Slick wrote on Jul 26, 2014, 11:07:
as i've said, Crysis's only problem was that it was released too soon.
Or that it lacked any gameplay. It was just a giant sandbox shooter.

Kajetan wrote on Jul 26, 2014, 08:51:
I find both lacking ... well, but Crytek was never known for good gameplay design. They do tech. Nothing else. Becoming a game developer was not the brightest idea, because they had no game design talent. And they hired only mediocre game design talent. There is no vision in Cryteks games, no clear gameplay design. They just make the game up, as they go along and scrap everything they build for the next game, even in the same game. Do you really remember Far Cry? Playing on this beautiful island, battling mercenaries and suddenly these stupid monsters in corridors and this absurd, grotesque and just lazy designed end fight?
Don't get me wrong, I wasn't saying it was a classic. The dialogue was extremely cheesy, the checkpoints annoying and the ending was terrible. But in terms of overall games it had the better package.

What annoyed me about Crysis is that Crytek learned absolutely nothing from Far Cry. The biggest complaint was the ending and the supernatural shit, so what do they do? They replace mutants with aliens. Not only that but North Koreans as the enemy? What a joke. When I first heard about Crysis I was excited, until I read about the aliens and North Koreans. At with Crysis 2 they actually put in a narrative and had decent voice acting, even if they were still limited by the generic premise.

News Comments > Crytek Gets Funds for "Transitional Phase"
23. Re: Crytek Gets Funds for Jul 26, 2014, 08:03 theyarecomingforyou

Crysis was a poorly optimised tech engine with utterly mediocre gameplay. I've tried to complete it on numerous occasions but I just find it tedious. Far Cry was the better game.

As for Crysis 2, it was definitely an improvement. The suit powers were streamlined and the narrative was decent, even if nothing original. The biggest criticism is that it didn't make use of open environment, so it felt a bit restrictive. The graphics were better, plus the game was much better optimised.

The problem with the Crysis series is that Ubisoft surpassed it with Far Cry 2 and 3, which had better graphics, better gameplay and better narratives.

News Comments > The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Free for All
13. Re: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Free for All Jul 23, 2014, 20:05 theyarecomingforyou

I launched Origin to redeem the code and noticed my CPU fan getting louder. Turns out it was using 50% CPU power. Piece of shit.  

News Comments > Areal Funded; Putin a Backer?
47. Re: Areal Funded; Putin a Backer? Jul 22, 2014, 07:07 theyarecomingforyou

Task wrote on Jul 21, 2014, 09:39:
NewMaxx wrote on Jul 20, 2014, 22:04:
Task wrote on Jul 20, 2014, 16:30:
The kind of trash talk I'd expect from people that don't think on the basis of "Cui Bono?"

This from the guy who calls the U.S. a modern day Roman or Napoleon Empire equivalent. Educate yourself a little bit before you go spouting off about things you clearly don't understand.

Ohhh, look at all the links! Let me guess you're sheep dipped in CNN, FOX, and MSNBC just itching for war with Russia. Just spit it out already. Guess what, the U.S. today is an Imperialist Empire. FACT.

Facts about the U.S. Imperial Empire:

* U.S. has attempted to illegally overthrow 50 governments (most of which were "democratic" , just not "U.S. Democratic")
* Dropped bombs on people in over 30 countries
* Attempted to assassinate more than 50 foreign leaders
* Attempted to suppress populist movements in over 20 countries
* Illegally interfered with democratic processes in over 30 countries
* Over 30 million people have died following WW2 in conflicts started by the U.S. over 201 times

That's quite a score card, Russia doesn't even come close to committing the obvious Imperialist policy of the West.

When one Empire falls, another takes its place. Its not rocket science. And the people inside arrogantly defend it, just as citizens have done in other Empires. Just as people were in a fervor over lies to go to Vietnam, lies to go to war with Iraq TWICE, lies to bomb Libya, and a huge lie to almost bomb Syria (all documented as lies as they were told, now proven by Senate Committees and leaked documents).

Comparison between Rome and the U.S. has been made by many scholars:

* The Roman Republic had a constitution, and the Roman Senators rarely followed it (The U.S. Congress and presidencies have continued to ignore the constitution and even find "loop holes" to get around things they "don't like")
* Rome and America are the most powerful actors in their respective time periods in History, with near complete dominance in military, technology, ideas, etc. (The U.S. also has over 800+ bases in countries other than their own)
* Both Empires in their respective time periods believed themselves to be "exceptional" spreading their influence by force if necessary
* Both had/have a military expansionist policy (which can not be maintained in the long run, see U.S. debt)
* Both had/have a growing, corrupt aristocracy/oligarchy that inevitably made/make the divide between the rich and poor quite wide

Being part Native American, with cultures that were decimated by arrogant white folk, please excuse me in my unwavering, eyes wide open view of the failure that is U.S. Foreign Policy.

Educate yourself on truth before you go spouting off on things you clearly refuse to understand. I couldn't help but reply, with your one sentence in your unwavering belief that you seem to "understand" something that I do not. Kind of speaks of the kind of arrogance and exceptional-ism I just went over.

Toodles.
+1

News Comments > Next DOOM Details Next Year
31. Re: Next DOOM Details Next Year Jul 20, 2014, 15:45 theyarecomingforyou

Beamer wrote on Jul 20, 2014, 14:24:
I didn't touch Quake 4.
Quake 4 was a solid, if unspectacular, shooter. Certainly it was better than Doom 3.

6090 Comments. 305 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo