Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonas Taylor

Real Name Jonas Taylor   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname theyarecomingforyou
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 8, 2005, 11:25
Total Comments 6096 (Guru)
User ID 22891

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Capture Added to Star Citizen Arena Commander
33. Re: Capture Added to Star Citizen Arena Commander Aug 11, 2014, 06:58 theyarecomingforyou

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 02:35:
I started hanger and got sick within 5 minutes.. and the hangar looks absolute SHIT to boot. Physics are crap, and flying in Arena feels shit. What excuse is "It's an alpha" .. this has been this way ever since the hangar released, and Arena is out for months too.
The hangars are being remade using PBR, just like a lot of the ships are currently being remodelled to improve their fidelity. Physics have been improved several times and CIG is working on the flight controller.

Your expectations for an alpha are clearly unreasonable.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Capture Added to Star Citizen Arena Commander Aug 10, 2014, 18:45 theyarecomingforyou

Kosumo wrote on Aug 10, 2014, 17:36:
The playable side that you can now play vs other players in a competitive game type, that you can have an advantage in if you have lots of diffent internet-spaceships*

Are they opening up more free ship types for players to try? Or is it still just what you pay for?

*anyone can have any ship they want, they just have to pay with real money, not internet-spaceship money.
It's only with the pledge ships. Players won't be able to earn new ships in-game until the implementation of the persistent universe, which is a long way off. Players with a subscription are able to test out a limited number of ships that they don't own.

There has been some discussion on the forums as to whether CIG should open up the Arena Commander to allow players to try out other ships and it hasn't been ruled out from what I've seen. There are also numerous competitions on the forum to win ships, some official and some by organisations.

At this point the game is only playable for those who have a game package with alpha access. It's still very early in terms of testing.

News Comments > 4A Games on Metro Redux Upgrades
16. Re: 4A Games on Metro Redux Upgrades Aug 10, 2014, 18:39 theyarecomingforyou

The bundle should have been cheaper for those who already own both games. It should have been 50% off individually or 75% off if you own both.

I can see the value in Metro: 2033 Redux but not the Last Light one, regardless of the DLC - that one seems a bit excessive.

14. Re: Capture Added to Star Citizen Arena Commander Aug 10, 2014, 17:28 theyarecomingforyou

Eirikrautha wrote on Aug 10, 2014, 10:30:
Sorry, but adding modes to the arena does not seem to be moving this game closer to the very long list of goals that it has. I understand not wanting modellers to sit idle while you are programming, but is RSI seriously telling me with this that their programmers have nothing to do but add modes to the arena? Seriously? :(
This is part of the development process. Capture The Core was always going to be released but wasn't ready in the initial version, just as multiplayer wasn't (and has since been added). They also have programmers working on multi-crew ships, first-person combat, NPC AI, the economy, etc.

The point is that Arena Commander is the playable side of the equation. It makes sense to add features, as gamers can take advantage of them - it also means issues with the game mechanics can be addressed from player feedback. They're also working on features that aren't ready to be added.

I'm sorry but you're a moron if you think the programmers have all been tied up adding in CTF. Just watch Around The Verse or 10 For The Chairman to get an idea of what else they're doing.

News Comments > Metro Redux Uncovered Trailer
11. Re: Metro Redux Uncovered Trailer Aug 9, 2014, 08:24 theyarecomingforyou

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 8, 2014, 18:19:
Gameplay, AI and multiplayer changes aside and just looking at the visuals, I have to say that my Metro 2033 looked exactly like the Redux version. In addition to using the lowest gfx settings, they must have also used all kinds of fuck-up filters to make the game look that bad in the "Original" comparison shots.
They were comparing the console version (X360) with the next-gen version. The PC version was much better than the old footage they showed.

That said, Metro 2033 wasn't the best optimised game and Metro: Last Light definitely improved the experience. I'm happy to pick it up at the discounted price for original owners. That said, I can't see the value in the Metro: Last Light Redux version.

News Comments > Sierra Entertainment Revival
15. Re: Sierra Entertainment Revival Aug 8, 2014, 13:19 theyarecomingforyou

Fuck Sierra, bring back Infogrames.  

News Comments > Colin McRae Rally Steam Refunds
5. Re: Colin McRae Rally Steam Refunds Aug 6, 2014, 12:00 theyarecomingforyou

It's really not much clearer now. I had no idea this was based on the mobile version and assumed, like others, that it was a re-release of the old version.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Expands; New Ship Added
64. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Expands; New Ship Added Aug 5, 2014, 11:25 theyarecomingforyou

Flatline wrote on Aug 4, 2014, 15:05:
Well depending on how optimistic you are that's either because "it's an alpha!" (which seems to be the blanket excuse, even for game design decisions) or the slightly more realistic cop that Chris Roberts has a hardon for a more simulator experience than a game, or the more cynical suspicion that the flight control model is intentionally obtuse because it's the dodge required to avoid the accusations of pay to win.
The handling is different to other games because the physics is modelled accurately, meaning when you turn you have to allow for deceleration from thrusters firing in the opposite direction. It also means that when thrusters are damaged the ship handling can be dramatically altered.

As for the game being more of a simulator than a game, the RSI forums are filled with people complaining that it's too dumbed down. Handling is something that is going to receive substantial work before release and each patch usually improves things. Personally I think it's a nice balance and what I expected given Chris Roberts' previous games.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $49M; Ongoing Funding Explained
9. Re: Star Citizen at $49M; Ongoing Funding Explained Aug 5, 2014, 10:55 theyarecomingforyou

SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 5, 2014, 09:43:
It is awesome to show off the power of PC gamers when it comes to funding to shove it in the console companies face, but at the same time I really wish he would focus on making the game instead of all the other crap he does, like those web tv things and commercials and new ship designs etc.
They ARE focused on the game. The web series are funded by subscriptions separate to the game funding in order to keep people informed about the development progress and are extremely informative. The new ships are simply those that have been completed and are put on sale for a limited period to raise funds - the fact that new ships are being sold is evidence of the game's progress. They'll be added to Arena Commander as soon as possible, as the plan is to get all the single-seater ships released first. The commercials are a form of advertising, considering that CIG doesn't have a publisher or traditional advertising budget.

The reality is that development is progressing but it takes time and a lot of it simply isn't ready to be released to backers. Game development is largely uninteresting but CIG has done an excellent job of keeping people informed and presenting it in an entertaining manner.

I think it's unfair to fault CIG when it is more transparent than any other developer out there. If the information isn't of interest to you that isn't CIG's fault.

News Comments > Star Citizen in Depth
35. Re: Star Citizen in Depth Aug 4, 2014, 19:54 theyarecomingforyou

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 4, 2014, 12:36:
"Works fine" and "good shape" hahaha our hobby Iraqi Information Minister is at it again. I hope you do realize that repeating that utter nonsense doesn't really make it true.
You repeat the same thing in every topic. Is your life really so pathetic that you have nothing better to do than trash this game? We get it, you don't like the game. If you want to criticise something in particular that's fair enough but you're going out of your way to repeat the same flamebait.

Having played the game I really enjoy it and am more than happy that I backed it. In fact I've pledged more since the release of Arena Commander. Clearly other people feel the same way or it wouldn't be the most successful crowdfunded game in history. You can call me all the names you like but it won't stop me enjoying the game.

News Comments > Star Citizen in Depth
15. Re: Star Citizen in Depth Aug 4, 2014, 12:04 theyarecomingforyou

Wildone wrote on Aug 4, 2014, 10:21:
Based on what I have seen thus far, they will be lucky to get the DFM working properly.
What do you mean? Arena Commander works fine. I was playing it online last night and it seems to be in very good shape for a game so early in development.

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Expands; New Ship Added
26. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Expands; New Ship Added Aug 3, 2014, 17:34 theyarecomingforyou

The hangar hasn't been optimised, as they've been focused on Arena Commander. They've already shown off the work on the updated hangars and the addition of PBR.

Personally I think Star Citizen is shaping up to be an excellent game. Already the gameplay is enjoyable and the game surprisingly polished for such an early release. Those watching the weekly videos will appreciate how much effort and detail is going into the game. Elite Dangerous looks very promising but Star Citizen is in a whole different league.

These sales are funding the development of the game and all the ships will be available to earn in-game. Currently the plan is to discontinue ship sales after release, so this really is just crowdsourcing the development. I am happy considering how much they are now adding to what was original going to be quite a modest title.

News Comments > F1 2014 & 2015 Announced
10. Re: F1 2014 & 2015 Announced Jul 31, 2014, 14:00 theyarecomingforyou

Creston wrote on Jul 31, 2014, 11:27:
So why on earth would a PC player buy 2014, if 2015 is going to be a 'next-gen' version only, and will come out soon(ish) thereafter?
I assume we're talking about 6 months between them, which is still a decent period of time. Also, this is the first chance for fans of the sport to play with the new regulations, like turbo. I think we'll see a discount for people who buy both.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 30, 2014, 05:36 theyarecomingforyou

Fantaz wrote on Jul 30, 2014, 01:05:
it's actually a pretty decent deal for $29/year...
Until you find out that games will only be added for a short period of time and you're essentially paying for demos.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 29, 2014, 14:17 theyarecomingforyou

Creston wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 11:44:
Then again, British police are fucking crazy, so who knows...
Crazy in comparison to what? They're positively angelic if you compare them to the bullshit going on in the US.

News Comments > Sims 2 Ultimate Collection and SecuROM
11. Re: Sims 2 Ultimate Collection and SecuROM Jul 29, 2014, 14:05 theyarecomingforyou

I hate SecuROM and Tages because both locked me out of games I had purchased - the former was with Crysis 2, the latter with STALKER: Clear Sky. Neither added to the experience. Steam is different because it provides tangible benefits that far outweigh the limitations.

That said, I would still like to see Steam move away from DRM. I can understand it for game launches to prevent content being leaked early but not past release.

News Comments > Firefly Online Trailer
21. Re: Firefly Online Trailer Jul 28, 2014, 09:07 theyarecomingforyou

MindStalker3 wrote on Jul 27, 2014, 18:27:
Honestly, that still doesn't mean it will be POS. Sure a POS from a technology standpoint. The "thing" is, they are getting the cast to do the voice overs, and are said to be hiring good writers.
Firefly Online will be more of an interactive episode story. IF they can keep new creative stories rolling out it could be an interesting experiment in a new medium of story telling.
Did you not watch the trailer? I'm saying it will be a piece of shit based on the empirical evidence. I mean, wtf is with the isometric bullshit? Most mods are higher quality than this.

I'm waiting for the Firefly mod for Star Citizen.

News Comments > The Walking Dead: Season Three Confirmed
8. Re: The Walking Dead: Season Three Confirmed Jul 27, 2014, 19:02 theyarecomingforyou

ViRGE wrote on Jul 27, 2014, 18:40:
While I don't doubt that's part of the reason, I suspect the more simplistic look is so that art development doesn't take too long. Art is already the single biggest cost of any AAA game, and if you want to release frequently like TTG does then you don't want to be in a position where each episode needs years of art.
We saw how Valve's episodic content worked out, so I think there's a lot of truth to this. Increasing the graphical fidelity would increase the development costs and cause each episode to take longer.

The graphics are decent enough.

News Comments > Firefly Online Trailer
9. Re: Firefly Online Trailer Jul 27, 2014, 18:25 theyarecomingforyou

I love Firefly but this game looks utterly shit. It looks like something that would have been released about 15 years ago. Fuck you Fox.  

News Comments > The Walking Dead: Season Three Confirmed
6. Re: The Walking Dead: Season Three Confirmed Jul 27, 2014, 18:22 theyarecomingforyou

Fion wrote on Jul 27, 2014, 17:17:
I'm pretty excited for Tales from the Borderlands too, I very much enjoy the setting and the characters, though I'm much more hyped for their Game of Thrones title. If anyone can pull off ASoIaF in a meaningful way, it's Telltale.
Wow, I had no idea. That's going to be awesome!

Fion wrote on Jul 27, 2014, 17:17:
As to the graphics, I can honestly say at Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us are two games I really haven't cared that the graphics were quite low end. Mostly because the stories are so engrossing but largely because the art design is so wonderfully done I don't care about polygons and texture size so much.
Exactly. The graphics did the job and the gameplay more than made up for it. It worked because it was so stylised.

6096 Comments. 305 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo