Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonas Taylor

Real Name Jonas Taylor   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname theyarecomingforyou
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 8, 2005, 11:25
Total Comments 6549 (Guru)
User ID 22891

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Godus Becomes Godus Wars
28. Re: Godus Becomes Godus Wars Feb 4, 2016, 08:32 theyarecomingforyou

Kxmode wrote on Feb 3, 2016, 19:31:
I'll make you a deal. I'll stop talking about Star Citizen when CIG actually releases a working; functional; non-tech demo. In other words a fucking game. Think you can handle that, bruv?
That's not a deal, that's just you moaning about SC at every opportunity for the next couple of years. At least if you're going to moan about it keep it to the relevant topics. Moaning about SC in a Godus Wars topics is just desperate and pathetic.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Godus Becomes Godus Wars
11. Re: Godus Becomes Godus Wars Feb 3, 2016, 14:13 theyarecomingforyou

Kxmode wrote on Feb 3, 2016, 10:31:
I would trust Peter with my money before I would trust Chris Roberts. At least Peter stayed in the gaming industry and didn't head off to the UK equivalent of Hollywood to produce shitty movies for seven years.
Fucking hell mate, it's time to end your one man crusade against Star Citizen. Let go of all that resentment and do something positive with your life. Seriously.

As for this, Peter Molyneux has destroyed any credibility he once had. To put this game up on Early Access is just adding insult to injury, as it's just a glorified mod for a trainwreck of a game. The interface was clearly designed for tablets. I'm glad I passed on the original Kickstarter and I'm definitely not going anywhere near this one.

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider PC Trailer & Details
6. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider PC Trailer & Details Jan 27, 2016, 22:07 theyarecomingforyou

Yifes wrote on Jan 27, 2016, 21:33:
jacobvandy wrote on Jan 27, 2016, 20:08:
You don't survive in that game, lol, you slaughter everyone. IIRC, it was capped off by the standard action game boss fight, which Lara sought out.

Yeah seriously, it's more like Lara Croft Mass Murder Simulator where you start off as a young naive student on her first expedition and end up with a body count that puts Rambo to shame. Not long after killing your first person and vomiting from the experience, you're murdering one person after another in cold blood like a seasoned veteran.

I like the game, but the character development is ridiculous.
Agreed. It was the same with Far Cry 4. You can't pretend that the character has a problem killing people and then have gameplay that requires them to murder people by the dozen. Tomb Raider doesn't even need huge amounts of combat if the puzzle solving is decent, which it wasn't in the last game.

Also, fuck Microsoft for delaying the PC release.

News Comments > New Star Citizen Alpha
36. Re: New Star Citizen Alpha Jan 16, 2016, 12:14 theyarecomingforyou

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 16, 2016, 11:37:
Nope. All I want is for them to be fucking HONEST for once and for Christ Roberts to stop spreading bullshit lies like in that Gamescom interview.
There is no way he actually believed what he was saying there unless he really is either completely fucking retarded or is on drugs. Seriously.
CIG has set numerous estimates for release since the original pitch which were made with the best intentions.

Also, I do think that the level of "fidelity" they are aiming for with the initial release is completely unnecessary and overblown. That's what expansions and continual development are for as with most crowdfunded games or MMOs.

There is absolutely no reason to hold everything back for the mythical huge commercial launch with the 100 star systems which we know probably will not happen within the next two/three/more years.

Look at Wasteland 2 Director's Cut or Divinity Original Sin 2 Enhanced Edition or any MMO. Games do not have to be absolutely perfect at release. A lot of the fluff CIG is adding is unnecessarily expanding the dev time for diminishing returns. There is a lot of mostly cosmetic "fidelity-enhancing" work they are doing now that they might as well have scheduled for future (free) add-ons/expansions/patches.
You can't overhaul the entire engine and the fidelity of the assets in an expansion - that's just nonsense and you know it. There's no way they could have updated the ships to the current quality after-the-fact. I backed a AAA game based on the CryEngine, not a crappy indie game like Wasteland 2 (which I also backed and regret).

Everyone does and most crowdfunded games have seen delays, no big deal. A great game does not necessarily need to have the maximum feature set at launch (again see WL2 DC or D:OS EE). CIG should have gone through their list of stretch goals and checked out what they promised for launch (like the 100 star systems) and what they promised for later and then schedule stuff accordingly.

Most of the stretch goals AREN'T being prioritised for launch. There's no work on the tablet companion, pets, etc. The rest are content that can be developed in parallel to the rest of the game, like new ships and star systems. The ship development is clearly not slowing down the game - working on the engine and netcode have been the biggest obstacles. FPS was outsourced and only brought back in-house when the studio had expanded to enough staff. I just don't get where all these stretch goals are that are supposedly slowing down the game.

What I am missing is their focus on an actual release. They are drifting along, randomly fulfilling some stretch goals and some features from the initial pitch but there is no real push towards a commercial product (except with S42 this year hopefully but even that remains to be seen). It is lacking a clear vision, a clear direction and "tightness".
They're allocating resources to where they're needed. Numerous times we've seen staff working on ships redirected to Squadron 42 to prioritise ships needed for the main game. The stretch goals are NOT a priority. Take the Banu Merchantman, for instance - that was promised back at the $27m market in 2013 but hasn't been worked on because the mechanics weren't in place (cargo, multi-crew ships, 64-bit precision, etc). In the meantime we've had numerous unrelated ships completed and released because they were possible to implement with the existing mechanics (i.e. combat), like the P-52 Merlin, Vanguard, etc. The Sabre is close behind because it uses a lot of the same assets as the Vanguard and the Reliant is close behind, even though other ships pre-date them.

But yes, I agree that CIG needs to do a lot more to prioritise playable content over flashy presentations. We don't even have a single complete star systems yet and we're missing basic mechanics, like currency, cargo, persistence, etc. Arena Commander still has the same two maps and one racing location from launch. CIG needs to realise that they have to have a playable and evolving game while they're developing all the fancy upcoming stuff. I have some serious doubts about Squadron 42 releasing this year. Don't mistake me for someone who blindly defends everything about the game.

35. Re: New Star Citizen Alpha Jan 16, 2016, 11:44 theyarecomingforyou

harlock wrote on Jan 15, 2016, 23:47:
thing is - all these people sitting back and watching how it fails, why it fails, and so forth... they are gonna get really smart and creative, then in the next 5 years or so you are gonna have a handful of "star citizen killers" come along and they are just going to eat christ roberts lunch whole.. just gobble the whole thing up while he sits there dreaming about more bullshit he will never be able to pull off

mark my words
So in five years time there will be several $100m+ games that put Star Citizen to shame? Firstly, that's not going to happen. Secondly, that's great for gamers - I can't wait. Before SC there was zero interest from developers / publishers, with only the shockingly bad X-series of games to choose from - since then we've had Elite Dangerous and we're soon to have EVE: Valkyrie.

Star Citizen has been going from strength to strength, so I have no idea where you get the idea it's failing - wishing something doesn't make it so, as I've wished many times that you would be a reasonable person. But I hope you're right that there will be numerous games that surpass Star Citizen, because that's great for everybody.

33. Re: New Star Citizen Alpha Jan 16, 2016, 11:08 theyarecomingforyou

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 15, 2016, 19:49:
This is nonsense and you putting your own spin on it because CIG can not do wrong in your eyes. Several staff from CIG have stated repeatedly in AtV (and other media) that they were very happy with the work done by Illfonic. Travis Day himself said back in the day that his on-site stay at Illfonic had nothing to do with quality issues but that it was business as usual.
Cut the bullshit. CIG is to blame for outsourcing the FPS development to a studio with no credibility and for not ensuring that they were on track. They should have taken it in-house much sooner, though I suspect the issue related to legal contracts. And there's plenty of other areas I'm highly critical of CIG, like announcing delays when they're patently obvious (the S42 reveal had a new release date just a month or two before it was due). I've spoken to Erin Roberts in person about Illfonic and the impression I got was that they were happy to be rid of them and take development in-house. Some of the monthly reports allude to issues with Illfonic's implementation of mechanics, like EVA.

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 15, 2016, 19:49:
LOL what a bunch of fabricated bullshit as always from you. They promised 100 systems AT LAUNCH (look it up ... $6m "Star Citizen will launch with 100 star systems").
Chris Roberts said in this video from Gamescom 2015 "... and then towards the end of 2016 we're hoping to have the full persistent universe working and functioning".
You know, full persistent universe as in 100 star systems and all promised ships and every single gameplay system by the end of this year. What else is the FULL persistent universe? Let me hear what spin you're going to put on this one. Should be good for a laugh...
CIG didn't say that Star Citizen would launch at the end of 2016, only that the PU should be functional by then. It's already playable now in a basic form and should be fleshed out considerably over the coming year. Also, I pointed out that CIG has already stated that star systems are going to be added discreetly over time because they don't want players to go around and discover them all immediately, particularly if there are balance issues or exploits (i.e. one of two people can discover where all the star systems are an unlock them immediately).

Do I think they're going to have 100 star systems in place by the end of 2016? Nope. Do I think all the major gameplay elements will be in place by then? Nope. But the point is that the PU is playable now in a basic form and will continue to be expanded on over the coming years. Nobody wants delays but what people are getting is infinitely better than what was originally pitched. The damage system, the facial technology, DX12, the manual landing on planets, the fidelity - it's all far beyond what people were expecting. Do you want them to rush it and deliver an inferior product? I ask because that seems to be exactly what you're saying. I'd rather have a great game I can play for years than a rushed game that meets an arbitrary estimate made early in development.

As for anyone unsure of whether to get the game, simply wait for the next free fly weekend. At the moment it's really only for the fans, the people willing to put up with a lot of performance issues, gameplay problems and bugs and for those willing to report them through the Issue Council. It's not even close to the standard of a released game, nor is anyone claiming that it is. All I would say is that there's a lot of fun to be had and it's improving at quite a rapid pace now. Check it out later in the year.

13. Re: New Star Citizen Alpha Jan 15, 2016, 15:28 theyarecomingforyou

Kxmode wrote on Jan 15, 2016, 11:46:
"Oh look. More new ships." I'm shocked...
Only you could take CIG releasing more content and paint it as a negative.

DangerDog wrote on Jan 15, 2016, 14:11:
What happened to that Space Marine portion that was suppose to be released "next month" months ago?
It was delayed. CIG outsourced development to Illfonic, a company that had little experience - that resulted in serious delays and substandard work. Last year CIG took development in-house and started to rework it. However, it's possible to try FPS combat now by flying to the security outpost and grabbing one of the weapons. A full fledged Star Marine release will come later.

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 15, 2016, 14:29:
Why did you scratch the 100 and replace by 50? According to Roberts at Gamescom, he said the FULL PU would be ready by the end of this year so that would in fact be 100 systems. Where is the news coming from that they plan to only have 50 ready by then?
Nonsense. No firm release date has been given to the PU, plus it was never stated that all systems would be immediately accessible - in fact a large part of the gameplay is discovering new systems, which will be added over time without warning. In June 2014 Chris Roberts said a basic version of the PU would be playable by the end of 2015, which was the case.

If you're going to troll at least try to be creative.

News Comments > Oculus Rift Preorders Won't Sell Out, No Charge Until Release
34. Re: Oculus Rift Preorders Won't Sell Out, No Charge Until Release Jan 6, 2016, 15:23 theyarecomingforyou

The HTC Vive is looking much better. The new version now has a camera on the front and allows you to see the environment around you, which is the killer feature. The updated controllers look dramatically better as well.

I really hope the HTC Vive comes in at a sensible price, as I'd much rather support HTC than a company like Facebook.

News Comments > Steam Christmas Issues Explained
15. Re: Steam Christmas Issues Explained Dec 31, 2015, 08:47 theyarecomingforyou

Cutter wrote on Dec 30, 2015, 21:48:
Exactly. How hard is it to put out a statement to assuage fears? Steam is an excellent example of what's wrong with virtual monopolies and why everyone else and his dog wants a digital platform now too.
What? That's exactly what Valve has done here. I'm pleasantly surprised by how forthright Valve has been - the company took action to address the issue and explained to users the precise nature of the incident. It takes time to ascertain the exact nature of the issue, the legal ramifications and run it through the chain of command, especially when they're so busy with a sale like this.

Could Valve's response have been quicker? Absolutely, but it's still dramatically better than most companies manage. Shit happens but at least Valve is being open about it so that people can find out whether they're affected by this.

I hope that Valve offers protection and compensation to anyone adversely affected by this issue. I know that Sony offered fraud protection to those affected by its breach.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 21, 2015, 13:49 theyarecomingforyou

jdreyer wrote on Dec 21, 2015, 12:49:
Is TFA a better film than The Phantom Menace? I don't know. While TPM has many, many flaws, there are ways in which it's a superior movie to TFA. It tells its own story. It takes us to new places. Much of the action like the podrace and the Darth Maul battle is superior to what's in TFA. I feel TFA follows in the path of Into Darkness and Jurassic World, movies that failed miserably trying to be retellings of older movies instead of telling new stories. TFA isn't as bad as those two, but after this movie and Into Darkness, I'm moving to the Dark Side with Cutter and don't plan on seeing another JJ Abrams film. This despite loving the first Star Trek reboot.
You can't be serious?! As much as TFA references the original trilogy a bit too much it is certainly better than TPM - they're not even in the same league. As it stands having seen it twice I would rank TFA third, after TESB and ANH but ahead of ROTJ - the prequels were appalling and should be remade.

As for Into Darkness, as a major Trekker I loved that film. Certainly it was very different to earlier incarnations of Star Trek but I thought it was very faithful to the franchise. I'm really not impressed with the trailer for Star Trek: Beyond though but it might just be a bad trailer (as least that's what Simon Pegg has asserted).

JJ Abrams has established himself as an excellent director, able to revitalise franchises that were seemingly unsalvageable.

News Comments > Mafia 3 Footage
3. Re: Mafia 3 Footage Dec 19, 2015, 14:18 theyarecomingforyou

Looks decent, so if the narrative is as compelling as Mafia II then I'll be very happy.

That said, it's bizarre that the first look gives away such major elements of the plot. Can you imagine if JJ Abrams introduced The Force Awakens by revealing half of the plot elements? Video games aren't treated with the same reverence.

News Comments > Star Citizen Procedurally Generated Planets
23. Re: Star Citizen Procedurally Generated Planets Dec 17, 2015, 12:13 theyarecomingforyou

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 17, 2015, 10:47:
That's pretty damn impressive, but personally I don't care about planets with nothing interesting on them (See Elite Horizons or even KSP) to me that is super lazy game development. Procedural content is not real content, its just fluff that hides that there is nothing underneath the surface of a game in terms of content. But then some people love that in elite.. just hope SC is not going that route. And hey, as KSP shows us, handcrafted height-map based planets (so no caves or arching rock formations) with zero detail ain't better either...
Procedural generation is being used to bulk out the planets - the landing zones themselves will be handcrafted. Originally it was said that you'd approach a planet and then have a scripted landing sequence, so that they've already got this far is really very impressive. Most people thought this was going to come years after release.

For an early demonstration of the technology it's very impressive. Obviously they'll need to add terrain features (vegetation, landmarks, dynamic water, buildings, etc) and give it some character but I have confidence that will come. This technology will allow CIG to rapidly build out star systems, which is essential if they're going to release the PU properly within the next two years. I still think that Squadron 42 for next year is going to be a push but we'll see.

News Comments > Counter-Strike Gun Control
1. Re: Counter-Strike Gun Control Dec 16, 2015, 10:16 theyarecomingforyou

I know Valve has a test channel for Dota 2, so do they not have one for CS:GO? Changes to a competitive game like this should always be playtested by an active section of the community before being rolled out to live.  

News Comments > Kojima's Konami Exit?
12. Re: Kojima's Konami Exit? Dec 16, 2015, 05:29 theyarecomingforyou

Slick wrote on Dec 16, 2015, 01:22:
I doubt we'll ever hear the details on exactly why the split happened. But i have my doubts that Konami is the Devil, and Kojima is a saint.
If you followed Jim Sterling you wouldn't be in any doubt as to the shit that Konami pulls, as he has regular segments on it. It is a despicable company. Kojima should be one of the top employees in the company for what he's contributed yet he's been treated like dirt.

#FuckKonami

News Comments > Star Citizen Alpha 2.0
61. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.0 Dec 15, 2015, 10:27 theyarecomingforyou

saluk wrote on Dec 12, 2015, 19:59:
To all of the anti-complaint complainers, at what point is it OK to complain? In 3 more years when it is still labeled as pre-alpha because this kind of scope-creep ensures a game that can never be finished?
Legitimate criticism is always welcome. For instance, I believe that CIG puts too much emphasis on big reveals and neglects the playable experience - we have 2.0 now but Arena Commander remained mostly unchanged for a year. Communication also leaves a lot to be desired, as we only found out about the Squadron 42 delay at the reveal last month - I don't want to get towards the end of 2016 only to find at the last minute it's been delayed again. There are also questions about how servers will be funded after the game goes live, as subscriptions have been ruled out.

Most fans are open to discussing the issues facing the project. However, any reasonable person can see that Derek Smart is a troll and his claims have no credibility. Ironically most of the criticism he has levelled at Star Citizen applies moreso to his own game.

News Comments > Star Citizen Nears $100M
75. Re: Star Citizen Nears $100M Dec 14, 2015, 20:25 theyarecomingforyou

descender wrote on Dec 14, 2015, 14:57:
Of course they are still "trying to build the tech" FFS... no one ever has before and you have absolutely no right to claim if and when they should be able to "complete" it by. Just because you tried and failed in the past (miserably, every time) doesn't mean that any other developer will. With any luck their process DOES look completely foreign to you so they aren't accidentally following in your footsteps of failure. Listening to you talk about developing a space sim is like listening to Cheney and Rove talk about Iraq or having Bill Cosby give dating advice to your kids. Just shut the fuck up already.

You've proven yourself to be nothing but a blatant troll with no facts to back up any of the ridiculous claims and threats you've made. Did you think that the 3 months since your last post would make us all forget how wrong you have been about everything you've said so far? Are you still holding back all that "truth" and "facts" for the fake lawsuits you keep threatening to file? Your attempts to position yourself as some sort of white-knight for backers are obvious and kind of sad. Are you lonely?

The only likely result of this delayed development process is that the $3mil in kickstarter money gets refunded to the backers and then CIG won't have to rush out half-featured and buggy alpha's for impatient assholes. I still don't understand why CIG hasn't done this already, they don't need that $3mil in any way and it brings them nothing but strife, headaches and bad PR.

You seem to have it in your head that you are going to whine loudly enough to get the entire $100mil refunded or that Chris Roberts is going to finally tell you he spent it all on hookers and blow, both are absolutely out of the question so it's time for you to find something better to do.
+1

News Comments > Star Citizen Nears $100M
5. Re: Star Citizen Nears $100M Dec 12, 2015, 14:23 theyarecomingforyou

wtf_man wrote on Dec 12, 2015, 13:52:
Unfortunately they have blown most of that wad and are only at Alpha 2.0... do the math.
I heard they invested it all in the stock market and now have $200m. There's as much evidence to support my claim.

52. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.0 Dec 12, 2015, 12:29 theyarecomingforyou

G.oZ wrote on Dec 12, 2015, 11:07:
You can stop using this silly PRE-alpha terminology now. This is not some testing module, but an alpha of the actual Persistent Universe.
Alpha is defined as a feature complete, which Star Citizen is clearly not. Unfortunately there is so much misuse of the term, including by CIG, that it's meaningless.

G.oZ wrote on Dec 12, 2015, 11:07:
This is what the multiplayer is going to be like if it is open PvP. People taking advantage of every flaw, every loophole, anything they can find. Spent $5,000 on the game? Don't worry, a $25 starter package a-hole is going to be waiting in the shadows to try and ruin your day.

Interesting thing, reading that comments thread, is that it seems people want this type of EVE Online scenario where basically anything goes - where players can form their own Goonswarm.
Ships can be accessed only by the owner for a certain period of time, meaning people can't simply camp the landing pad and steal ships - I know because I've tried to do it. Once the ship has been accessed anyone can use it. However, that is only temporary until new security systems are implemented - in the future you'll be able to control who has access to individual positions within the ship.

Most people don't want a free-for-all. What they want is piracy as a legitimate career but for the game to not be dominated by it. There will be safe zones, security forces, insurance and access limitations - the further you stray from safe areas the greater the risk and reward. In fact there has been a lot of criticism of Goons on the forum, so don't assume for one second that the way will be based around that mentality.

16. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.0 Dec 11, 2015, 23:17 theyarecomingforyou

Ozmodan wrote on Dec 11, 2015, 22:49:
Seriously, isn't about time for all you deluded people to stop defending this studio? The game is still garbage and the changes they are trumpeting don't fix the major problems. Stop making excuses and face reality, they are way over their heads making this game and the chances of it getting better are not good. Even friends of mine who have stubbornly stuck with this title have finally realized that they will probably never see a decent game out of this now even though they have invested a ton of money in it.
Why does my enjoyment of the game irk you so? If I, and the other backers, enjoy it then that's all that matters. I've been playing 2.0 with my friends and we've been having a great time, despite all the bugs and incomplete features.

Nothing Derek Smart has said about this game has been accurate. He's just a troll and every new release only further validates that. I suggest you find something better to do with your life than to piss on the enjoyment of others - that cannot be a fulfilling life and I genuinely pity you.

10. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.0 Dec 11, 2015, 22:20 theyarecomingforyou

Cutter wrote on Dec 11, 2015, 20:19:
That trailer looks exactly like every other one over the last few years. I don't see any real progress there. And the animations still look horrendous.
They've implemented multi-crew ships, zoning, large-world maps, missions, quantum drive, FPS combat and EVA yet you can't see any progress? As for the trailer, what's important is that everything show you can do in-game now. It's no longer just a flashy PR video, as the trolls claimed before.

The animations are poor but they're temporary. It also doesn't have anti-aliasing, DX12 support or any one of thousands of other features planned... BECAUSE IT'S PRE-ALPHA. They're still reworking the player skeletons and will be building a motion capture room into the new LA studio. If your point is that there's still a lot of work to do then no shit, Sherlock.

6549 Comments. 328 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo