Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonas Taylor

Real Name Jonas Taylor   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname theyarecomingforyou
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 8, 2005, 11:25
Total Comments 6250 (Guru)
User ID 22891

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > F1 2015 Features Trailer
1. Re: F1 2015 Features Trailer Jul 2, 2015, 20:49 theyarecomingforyou

For an all new engine it doesn't look like much of an improvement over previous years. The driver models are weak by modern standards and the texture quality is pretty poor.

I'm sure the game will be a blast but F1 2013 is the one to beat with its classic mode.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Star Citizen FPS Delays
77. Re: On Star Citizen FPS Delays Jul 2, 2015, 07:33 theyarecomingforyou

Dacron wrote on Jul 1, 2015, 19:40:
I hope if the content is lacking on release compared to full games the excuse won't be it was only a target to make the first episode larger than other full games, sorry it was only 2.5 hours long, we promise the next will be. ("Let's just ignore the most recent information from CIG that the first "episode" of Squadron 42 is going to be what most studios release as a full retail title in playable content. *eyeroll*" - from Zor, which my reply was based off.)
If the game isn't what's promised then there will be a lot of criticism, don't you worry about that. There's already major friction on the forums from HOTAS users who feel that the mouse is overpowered, as they feel that CIG isn't delivering on the promise of control agnosticism.

Dacron wrote on Jul 1, 2015, 19:40:
I mean, 3drealms had a whole bunch of reasons for pushing Duke Nukem Forever back. Delays happen.
Fuck dude, that's like comparing the common cold to Ebola. Do you know another game that had delays? Team Fortress 2, and it's worth pointing out that Valve was a lot more established when it was originally announced. CIG has been very open with the development process - to compare it to DNF is transparent trolling.

NegaDeath wrote on Jul 2, 2015, 00:47:
There are posts from individuals criticizng. Any post with criticism of any form is pounded into oblivion by hundreds of members of the CR defense force, exactly what InBlack was talking about. Not that this is unique to this game but the severity seems to scale with financial investment. Probably related to post-purchase rationalization.
That's simply not true. There is plenty of active discussion on the forums, from criticism of pricing, delays, LTI, etc. Many backers with large investments have been the most vocally critical.

NegaDeath wrote on Jul 2, 2015, 00:47:
Letter from the Chairman - $19 Million:
"...the more funds we can raise in the pre-launch phase, the more we can invest in additional content (more ships, characters etc.) and perhaps more importantly we can apply greater number of resources to the various tasks to ensure we deliver the full functionality sooner rather than later."

Derp.
The game when it had $19m in funding is different to the game now that it has $85m. Development will be quicker now that 300 people are working on it but the scope of the game has also increased, especially with the FPS module which everybody assumed was simply going to be tacked on. The FPS component is a full-fledged game in its own right and surprisingly enough that takes time to develop.

Do I like delays? No. Do I think there are issues with CIG's project management? Yes. Am I critical about some aspects of the game? Absolutely. Do I think it's going to be a great game? Yes, I do based on what I've played and all that I've seen.

News Comments > On Star Citizen FPS Delays
74. Re: On Star Citizen FPS Delays Jul 1, 2015, 12:48 theyarecomingforyou

Dacron wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 22:12:
Don't know if you noticed, but a lot of stuff they say turns out to be false. Like release dates. Just saying.
When the statement was made it was accurate. Release dates are targets, not factual statements. Delays happen.

InBlack wrote on Jun 30, 2015, 02:52:
RSI has been shifting the goalposts since day 1 of the kickstarter, the fanbois don't seem to even notice. The blind faith of the truly faithful is not to be underestimated. They really think that CR will transport them into this magical world of the future where nothing is the limit. What they dont seem to get is that CR's track record speaks louder than any hype or words, and that what has been released so far is so far below any kind of par its hilarious.
Then why are there so many posts on the official forums whenever there's a delay? The answer is that fans do care about the delays but they also care about the final product. I'm perfectly happy to accept delays if it results in a better game and I acknowledge that delays can happen on a complicated project like this. The scale of the game now vastly exceeds what was originally promised but unfortunately the complexity has resulted in some delays. That's not at all uncommon for the industry and you also have to consider that CIG wasn't an established studio - there were only a few members at the beginning, whereas now there are hundreds of people working on the game.

Nobody likes delays but some people are able to accept them maturely. Taunting people who like the game isn't helpful.

Flatline wrote on Jun 30, 2015, 15:23:
Yeah. So not only are we going to have slowdown on the rest of the game, but Chris Roberts needs to fucking google Brooks' Law.
CIG has quoted Brook's Law specifically in reference to the delays. They used the "nine women can't make a baby in one month" to point out that adding more people to a project won't necessarily shorten the time it takes. Here's the link: 10 For The Producers (Episode 2).

At the moment approximately 15% of the company is working on the Star Marine module, so development on the rest of the game continues. Chris Roberts has acknowledged that the delay could impact other modules but pointed out that a two month delay for Star Marine doesn't necessarily mean a two month delay for Squadron 42 or the Social Module.

News Comments > Kotaku Sources: WBIE Knew of Batman: Arkham Knight Problems
2. Re: Kotaku Sources: WBIE Knew of Batman: Arkham Knight Problems Jul 1, 2015, 12:31 theyarecomingforyou

That much was obvious. What I don't understand is why this was the case when previous releases were handled much better. Now the situation is a PR nightmare.  

News Comments > Terraria Patched
13. Re: Terraria Patched Jul 1, 2015, 07:26 theyarecomingforyou

Saboth wrote on Jun 30, 2015, 21:05:
I've had this game forever, but maybe played about 30 minutes total. I'm not into survival games, or "building block" games in the least, but exploration and crazy weapons sounds cool.
I was like you then I saw my friend playing it and it completely changed my perspective on the game. I ended up playing for over 14hrs the next day, which few games can get me to do these days.

News Comments > Scrolls Closing
40. Re: Scrolls Closing Jun 30, 2015, 08:01 theyarecomingforyou

NKD wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 23:37:
You're essentially calling Microsoft stupid for buying a Ferrari and then throwing out the pine air freshener that the seller left inside, calling it a waste of money.
Used air fresheners don't generate revenue. This would, especially if it was developed and expanded to something like Xbox Live. You know that piece of shit Kinect device Microsoft forced on gamers and then forgot about? They could use that. It's better than it being a paperweight.

I honestly don't get Microsoft's strategy with the Kinect. It was bundled with the XB1 yet Microsoft clearly had NO plan to utilise it or support it. Microsoft is blundering from one abortion to another.

News Comments > Scrolls Closing
30. Re: Scrolls Closing Jun 29, 2015, 22:38 theyarecomingforyou

I can't understand how Microsoft can spend so much money on the company and then not every bother leveraging the IPs. Surely this would be perfect for Xbox Live?

Then again, Microsoft's gaming strategy has been rather disastrous and the company has shown nothing but contempt for PC gaming so I'm not at all surprised.

News Comments > GeForce Driver Hotfix
16. Re: GeForce Driver Hotfix Jun 27, 2015, 23:00 theyarecomingforyou

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 27, 2015, 12:56:
I've had no issues at all, keeping my drivers up to date with each release. So I guess my anecdotal evidence counter-balances yours.
If you'd visited the forums you'd know that this is a well-known issue. I never claimed that everyone was affected. All I said was that I've been having major problems for numerous driver releases now and that nVidia drivers aren't what they used to be.

News Comments > GeForce Driver Hotfix
2. Re: GeForce Driver Hotfix Jun 27, 2015, 10:47 theyarecomingforyou

I don't use G-Sync but have experienced major issues with freezes and TDRs on the past several driver releases. Hopefully these drivers finally fix the situation, as nVidia's drivers have been terrible recently.  

News Comments > More Arkham Knight Issues; GMG on Possible Refunds
14. Re: More Arkham Knight Issues; GMG on Possible Refunds Jun 24, 2015, 18:20 theyarecomingforyou

Now that refunds are so much more accessible hopefully publishers will learn that they can't get away with this nonsense.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Gameplay Video
23. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Gameplay Video Jun 19, 2015, 10:40 theyarecomingforyou

Acleacius wrote on Jun 18, 2015, 22:55:
There's no reason to believe eidos believes in Deus Ex other than shipping another generic console game. Without the Deus Ex pedigree I'm not sure how much the original would have sold. Just like JUMPING in Thief or forced FIGHT bosses in DXHR, it's quite obvious they are trying to force as much generic down our throats as possible.

Just imagine for a minute without the pedigree, there would have been absolutely NO UPROAR from the fan base about the forced to fight bosses. They put those bosses in there on purpose, then tried to blame it on the developer, eidos hired. That alone make's eidos pathetic. Middlefinger
What the hell? DE:HR was an excellent game. The forced boss fights were a mistake but they were removed in the DC. It absolutely was NOT a 'generic console game'.

Personally I didn't care for the original Deus Ex. I played the demo when it came out but didn't enjoy it at all. DE:HR, on the otherhand, was an excellent experience from start to finish. It expanded the gameplay and its audience.

As for this video, it highlights the combat because that's what was lacking in the previous game. As they pointed out, the game can be played how you want. Franchises like this and Dishonored are what gaming is really about - choice. I hate linear games like COD that force you into a particular play style, one that often changes throughout the game (i.e. forced stealth sections).

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Gameplay Video
8. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Gameplay Video Jun 18, 2015, 21:35 theyarecomingforyou

qsto wrote on Jun 18, 2015, 19:31:
This time around Adam looks to be even more of a super hero than anything else...
They had to, otherwise they'd have needed a lame excuse as to why all his augments have suddenly stopped working. Better to evolve the game and add greater threats.

Looks great to me. Loved the previous game and I'm definitely looking forward to this.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Engine Video
22. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Engine Video Jun 18, 2015, 14:38 theyarecomingforyou

Creston wrote on Jun 18, 2015, 12:30:
Looks great, but they should rename that "Depth of Field/Bokeh" part to "Legally Blind". Holy shit, that is waaaaay overdone.
They were showing off the engine feature - that's not how it will be used in-game. The only time it might look similar is when looking down a scope.

News Comments > Shenmue 3 Kickstarter Instantly Funded
5. Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter Instantly Funded Jun 16, 2015, 10:10 theyarecomingforyou

Looks appalling. What's with the 2004 era graphics?  

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Announced
6. Re: Sea of Thieves Announced Jun 16, 2015, 05:40 theyarecomingforyou

The graphics are pretty decent in places, though the open beach and surrounding rocks looked terrible. The thing that annoyed me was the MMO style floaty names, which ruined it for me.  

News Comments > BATTLECRY Beta Signups
3. Re: BATTLECRY Beta Signups Jun 15, 2015, 08:57 theyarecomingforyou

Looks terrible. No thanks.  

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Announced
10. Re: Dishonored 2 Announced Jun 15, 2015, 06:30 theyarecomingforyou

Shame there wasn't any gameplay but I like the way the style has evolved. Definitely looking forward to this one. The original was one of my favourite games.

Random fact: I legally changed my middle name to Corvo after the protagonist from the original.

News Comments > Fallout 4 in November
63. Re: Fallout 4 in November Jun 15, 2015, 06:22 theyarecomingforyou

The graphics are terrible but the experience looks substantial enough that it could be a decent game. Certainly it looks better than the abysmal trailer they put out earlier. I really like what they're going for but I'm worried the dated graphics will diminish my enjoyment. Graphics aren't everything but this looks REALLY dated.

I'll wait for PC gameplay footage closer to release before making any decision. Certainly I won't be paying the 50 / $77 that Steam is asking for, which is frankly insulting!

News Comments > DOOM Next Spring
20. Re: Doom Next Spring Jun 15, 2015, 06:09 theyarecomingforyou

Ant wrote on Jun 14, 2015, 23:59:
Videos really remind me of DOOM 3 though.
What?! I liked it precisely because it DOESN'T look like Doom 3, a game I really didn't care for. For me this is Doom going back to its roots. I had ZERO interest in this before the E3 presentation - now I'm looking forward to it.

Like others have mentioned, I don't really care for the finishing moves but that's not a dealbreaker. This is a step in the right direction for the franchise.

News Comments > Starbreeze Unveils VR Hardware
11. Re: Starbreeze Unveils VR Hardware Jun 14, 2015, 19:01 theyarecomingforyou

This seems very late to the party and struggling with issues already tackled by Oculus and Vive. More importantly it doesn't have any major backing, as Valve is working with the Vive and Facebook owns Oculus. To me this seems like a non-starter, as interesting as the tech is.

As already mentioned, we need VR to be an open platform and not tied to any one manufacturer.

6250 Comments. 313 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo