Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonas Taylor

Real Name Jonas Taylor   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname theyarecomingforyou
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 8, 2005, 11:25
Total Comments 6098 (Guru)
User ID 22891

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Version 1.0 Released
6. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare 2014's Dec 21, 2014, 17:55 theyarecomingforyou

[VG]Reagle wrote on Dec 21, 2014, 17:43:
For $ 25,000 can I get a star cruiser ? I want to make sure Roberts gets plenty of cash when he sells out and hangs everyone out to dry.
Why would he sell out when he is making lots of money developing a game he is passionate about? Gabe Newell hasn't sold Steam despite it being worth a fortune.

The game costs as little as $20 and everything else can be earned in-game. The people pledging large amounts are supporting the game, which otherwise wouldn't have been made.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Version 1.0 Released
5. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Version 1.0 Released Dec 21, 2014, 17:49 theyarecomingforyou

Cutter wrote on Dec 21, 2014, 16:57:
What's really funny are the fanboys thanking him for this P2W bullshit. Lulz it's just so pathetic.
Yeah, how dare people support a game that they want. I've been waiting for a decent space sim since Starlancer and couldn't be happier with what Chris Roberts is doing. The genre was dead before this and now it is coming back stronger than ever.

It's just a shame that 1.0 is suffering from server issues and has broken SLI support, as the gameplay itself has improved and there are dramatically more ships now available in-game. The Mustang is excellent and is a free sidegrade for anyone with an Aurora (the starter ship). The server issues are being worked on but I haven't heard anything on the SLI / Crossfire issues.

Now that CIG is established as a developer the pace of development has really accelerated and looks to continue into the next year. We're going to see the FPS module launch early next year and multicrew ships added with Arena Commander 2.0, with the planetside module to come - the end of the year will bring us the first chapter of Squadron 42, the singleplayer portion of the game.

News Comments > Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns
12. Re: Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns Dec 17, 2014, 09:34 theyarecomingforyou

InBlack wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 09:18:
shul wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 09:16:
I'm sorry, but I've watched the trailer and the game makes me sick.

I know that if I don't like it I don't need to play it but putting stuff like that out there is like poisoning minds.

Maybe that is the point?? Maybe its supposed to make you sick, the same way a shocking book or movie is supposed to shock you, leave an impact, and some food for thought. There is no way to tell until the game hits the shelves and we learn some more about the story (or the lack of one).
And maybe it's meant to inspire hateful loners to commit suicide shooting sprees.

It's pretty clear from the trailer what the game is about - we really don't need any in-depth reviews to tell us what we already know.

Not that I really care. The only developed nation with a fetish for guns is the US - if this game pushes some loon over the edge and he shoots up a school I couldn't really care less because it doesn't affect me. If Americans want to stop mass shootings they need to restrict guns. Otherwise people have to suffer the consequences.

News Comments > Street Fighter 5 Gameplay Footage
6. Re: Street Fighter 5 Gameplay Trailer Dec 14, 2014, 15:36 theyarecomingforyou

Looks like SFIV, which is now six years old.

Capcom really does like playing it safe. Disappointing.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Launch Details; Trailer
25. Re: Elite: Dangerous Launch Details; Trailer Dec 11, 2014, 09:01 theyarecomingforyou

The trailer was fine, the problem is that they made it for an entirely different game. There really is no excuse for not using in-game assets these days and trailers should be at least semi-representative of the actual game.  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer
16. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer Dec 8, 2014, 05:40 theyarecomingforyou

InBlack wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 03:38:
I never understood Batman's obsession with non-lethality. I guess back when Batman was invented people had a much more optimistic outlook on life. Today though, in 'Murica Goddammit! Cops shoot first and ask questions later, Batman needs to get on board or he'll face the wrath of the all-powerful NRA. I dont think even Bats can take on the NRA all by himself....
If Batman / Superman went around killing everybody they'd be criminals themselves. That and I don't think the comic book writers expected a future in which American cops go around shooting dogs and unarmed children. It's like Judge Dredd, except the cops are arseholes and don't mind who they kill.

News Comments > Game of Thrones Episode 1 Next Week
6. Re: Game of Thrones Episode 1 Next Week Nov 30, 2014, 06:01 theyarecomingforyou

Cutter wrote on Nov 29, 2014, 12:37:
Fuck hashtags. Dumbest things ever.
Welcome to 2006.

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS Health Detailed
38. Re: Star Citizen FPS Health Detailed Nov 24, 2014, 06:08 theyarecomingforyou

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 23, 2014, 22:56:
Finally, rumor has it that CR is not very good at taking 'no's' from anyone so his designers are probably like "ok, whatever, boss" as long as they get their paycheck on time every month.
If that was the case then he wouldn't have sacked half the Austin heads when they refused to move to LA, including Eric 'Wingman' Peterson and Chris 'The Next Great Starship' Olivia - these were some of the highest profile individuals involved in the game.

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 23, 2014, 22:56:
There are many proposed gameplay mechanics by now that show very clearly that Chris Roberts has A) been out of the loop for over a decade and B) has never made a (massively) multiplayer online game before and now C) has never made a FPS ever before either.
There is a reason why no one has made some of the "revolutionary" features of Star Citizen FPS gameplay before. Because they SUCK. And not just on paper...
No, they're just not suited to a multiplatform console-centric game. The game is trying to balance realism with fun and all gameplay mechanics are subject to change. For instance, when you're captured by a bounty hunter you don't have to wait there in prison as that would lead to griefing - instead the bounty hunter takes home a duplicate of you and you start in a nearby prison station / base.

Redmask wrote on Nov 23, 2014, 12:23:
So many disparate gameplay types and elements make it seem like this game will just be average at everything rather than specializing in one thing. I don't even want to contemplate trying to effectively QA a game like this either. But please link some of this promising material if you don't mind, I'd like to see what sets this FPS apart from others.
Here's the PAX demo. Innovative elements include the first-person view being taken from the character's eyes, meaning no more floating gun models; projectiles fire in the direction the gun is pointing; the eyes move independently of the body when looking up and down; the limb damage system; zero-G, etc. There really is too much to list, so I recommend checking out the various videos.

One thing that we can safely say is that CR has no intention of merely following the rest of the industry. This is a game that is going to be different, for better or worse. I have see a lot more thought go into this project than most other games combined. Nothing seems to be taken for granted. I have my reservations as to whether this will be fun or whether it will hurt those who solo but the great thing is that I can offer my feedback on the forums and that can help shape the game. Already there have been significant changes as a result of the community.

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS Health Detailed
2. Re: Star Citizen FPS Health Detailed Nov 23, 2014, 10:45 theyarecomingforyou

Redmask wrote on Nov 23, 2014, 10:23:
I can't believe they're still trying to make an FPS module for this game.
Why? It was promised as a pledge feature a long time ago now and they've already demoed the FPS module, which is due for release early next year. Everything I've seen so far looks incredibly promising.

I love the way that CIG isn't taking any existing gameplay mechanic for granted, whether it's physics, health, gravity, etc. This is a game that is really doing it's own thing and to AAA standards.

Personally I like the idea that this will reward teamwork and tactics, though it remains to be seen how fun this will be in practice. I look forward to crippling my enemies and then taunting them.

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Pros Banned
5. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Pros Banned Nov 22, 2014, 16:00 theyarecomingforyou

I love the idea that KQLY claims he was only cheating for "seven days". So he worked hard, got to the top of his profession and then decided he'd risk it all and cheat? Please.

I'm glad that VAC was able to catch them. Scumbags.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Refunds Reconsidered
25. Re: Elite: Dangerous Refunds Reconsidered Nov 22, 2014, 09:32 theyarecomingforyou

Ventura wrote on Nov 22, 2014, 07:17:
Wrong. They said specifically that it would when asked about it, and more than once, too. Here's one such example for you, taken from the Kickstarter's comments section, but there are others out there from reddit and the like.
Fair enough. I hadn't read all the comments - I was going based on what the actual KS page said.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Refunds Reconsidered
21. Re: Elite: Dangerous Refunds Reconsidered Nov 22, 2014, 06:06 theyarecomingforyou

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 17:33:
What's to understand? You said you would have a offline mode. You lied. People want their money back.
No, they didn't. They said you would be able to play the game without connecting to the galaxy server, which is what has changed, but it was never stated there would be offline play.

The difference is that rather than let you play the game 'out of the box', which according to reports is rather lacking, it will now automatically add new content as it becomes available to provide a consistent experience.

That said, it was also never explicitly mentioned that the game would require an internet connection so I can understand why some people are annoyed.

News Comments > Alienware's "PC Gaming Console"
27. Re: Alienware's Nov 22, 2014, 05:32 theyarecomingforyou

KilrathiAce wrote on Nov 22, 2014, 00:35:
Lol what a joke, for same money I can put pc that will blow that crap away.
But almost certainly not one as small, efficient or that comes with a X360 controller and numerous bundled games.

The way I see it is that these machines are great for people who want a reasonably priced secondary computer. You can plug in a mouse and keyboard, connect it to a HDTV and playback HD content. It won't replace SLI gaming rigs but it has its place, more so when Valve launches the Steam Machines brand.

News Comments > Alienware's "PC Gaming Console"
1. Re: Alienware's Nov 21, 2014, 17:14 theyarecomingforyou

I hope that they are successful with this, as I love the idea of streamlined PCs competing directly with consoles. It's just a shame that Steam OS and the Steam Machines programme were delayed, as obviously this was intended to ship with a Valve controller and presumably various Steam games to promote it.

The PS4 and XB1 are both weak when it comes to performance and gaming deserves better, quite frankly.

News Comments > New NVIDIA Drivers
16. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Nov 18, 2014, 21:41 theyarecomingforyou

Aero wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 19:06:
One enables or disables mouse acceleration, the other controls its magnitude.
It's not that, as mouse acceleration was enabled in the config file despite being disabled in the in-game menu.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Piracy Perspective
2. Re: Far Cry 4 Piracy Perspective Nov 18, 2014, 21:39 theyarecomingforyou

Ha, hilarious!  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Far Cry 4
23. Re: Ships Ahoy - Far Cry 4 Nov 18, 2014, 15:22 theyarecomingforyou

From what I've see DA:I looks terrible - it doesn't bear any relation to DA:O, which is the game I fell in love with. It looks like an MMO that's been turned into a singleplayer game. TW3, on the otherhand, looks awesome and looks to improve up TW2 in every way.  

News Comments > New NVIDIA Drivers
9. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Nov 18, 2014, 15:15 theyarecomingforyou

Verno wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 13:02:
Haven't tested it yet but from a buddy:

C:Users\user name\Document\My Games\Far Cry 4\gamerprofile.xml

Change

MouseAcceleration="1"

to

MouseAcceleration="0"
Yup, that worked. It's strange as in the config file there are two settings related to mouse acceleration:
MouseAcceleration="1"
MouseAccelerationOn="0"

Obviously the latter one must refer to the in-game option but to disable mouse acceleration altogether I had to edit the config. Seems silly given that they went to the effort of adding mouse acceleration into the game and even gave a slider for it.

11. Re: Ships Ahoy - Far Cry 4 Nov 18, 2014, 12:47 theyarecomingforyou

Having played the game a bit more I've started to get a feel for it and I'm very much enjoying it. There are lots of random encounters that add to the game and there seems to be plenty to do. The narrative, what little I've seen, is perfectly fine.

Microtransactions? I haven't seen any. If there are any they're not prominent.

2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Far Cry 4 Nov 18, 2014, 09:51 theyarecomingforyou

When the game first unlocked it would crash every time I tried to change from the default resolution (1920x1080) to my native resolution (2560x1600). Restarting didn't help. Then suddenly everything was fine.

Other than that, everything seems to be running well. However, Ubisoft has followed the recent trend of having the intro pre-rendered, despite using the game engine. That and the game regularly takes control away from you. Things like that ruin immersion for me. Ryse does the same thing. It literally makes no sense as the in-game engine renders at a much higher quality. We're not talking Blizzard style cinematics here.

6098 Comments. 305 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo