Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonas Taylor

Real Name Jonas Taylor   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname theyarecomingforyou
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 8, 2005, 11:25
Total Comments 5912 (Guru)
User ID 22891

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Borderlands 1 & Civilization III/IV MP Moving to Steam
3. Re: Borderlands 1 & Civilization III/IV MP Moving to Steam Apr 22, 2014, 20:58 theyarecomingforyou

Sensible move and not surprising given that both Civilization 5 and Borderlands 2 utilise Steamworks.  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > King's Bounty: Dark Side Announced
1. Re: King's Bounty: Dark Side Announced Apr 22, 2014, 09:40 theyarecomingforyou

I love King's Bounty but they REALLY need to update the engine. It's getting to be a joke now.  

News Comments > Steam Guard Scam Warning
18. Re: Steam Guard Scam Warning Apr 18, 2014, 07:44 theyarecomingforyou

Suppa7 wrote on Apr 18, 2014, 03:37:
Bullshit, it doesn't take being 'a computer whiz' or a 'nerd' you're just stupid. Phishing scams are easy to detect by looking at the user interface and/or source of what it is you're looking at. In the age of google, nobody has any excuses. You can fucking go ask on a forum or look it up. You don't have to be a 'whiz' you can go ask people who know.
One can be careless without being stupid. Even if we were to assume that everyone who falls for this must be stupid, do those people not deserve protecting from scammers? Does Valve not have an obligation to protect all of its users, including the 'stupid' ones?

People shouldn't fall for it but they do. Therefore the issue is what can be done to mitigate or eliminate the issue.

News Comments > Tropico 5 Limited Special Edition Announced; Steam Pre-Purchases Begin
2. Re: Tropico 5 Limited Special Edition Announced; Steam Pre-Purchases Begin Apr 18, 2014, 05:18 theyarecomingforyou

I loved Tropico 4 so I'll definitely be picking this up at some point.  

News Comments > 2D Prince of Persia Rumor
1. Re: 2D Prince of Persia Rumor Apr 17, 2014, 21:59 theyarecomingforyou

Sounds good to me. I loved the original 2D games.  

News Comments > Steam Guard Scam Warning
5. Re: Steam Guard Scam Warning Apr 17, 2014, 12:27 theyarecomingforyou

It would be nice if Valve offered something more substantial, like the Battle.net Authenticator. They could even build it into their mobile app.

The problem with this sort of scam is that it looks incredibly similar to the legitimate prompt. People often notice a secure connection when it's there but not so much when it's not (it's not like it flashes up red). This could quite easily catch out less experienced computer users.

The security of Steam accounts is essential, especially given how much can be attached to them. Valve has certainly improved security a lot but it could go further.

News Comments > Sid Meierís Civilization: Beyond Earth Details
15. Re: Sid Meierís Civilization: Beyond Earth Details Apr 14, 2014, 06:26 theyarecomingforyou

Civ 5 is easily the best in the franchise, especially with the expansions. The game made a lot of bold choices: the removal of stacked units, allowing cities to defend themselves, the move to hex tiles, the World Congress, tourism, caravans, capturing cities by sea, etc. But they allowed for much greater depth, rather than the unit spam and easy to capture cities that defined the previous games.

As for this game, it's clear that the gameplay will be very different to Civ 5. For starters cities will start as outposts and take a long time to develop, making them more vulnerable. Then there's alien life that you'll be able to interact with on the planet, plus the whole communications-with-Earth thing. And the screenshots show very different visuals.

I just hope this game is fully fleshed out, as Civilization IV: Colonization had a fundamentally broken end-game which ruined the enjoyment.

News Comments > Civilization: Beyond Earth Revealed?
26. Re: Civilization: Beyond Earth Revealed? Apr 13, 2014, 10:48 theyarecomingforyou

Yes please. That is all.  

News Comments > Watch Dogs Requires Uplay
44. Re: Twice the services, twice the fun? Apr 9, 2014, 18:48 theyarecomingforyou

Creston wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 12:43:
How is Blizzard not putting their games on ANY digital platform somehow better than EA just not putting their games on Steam?
Because Blizzard isn't singling out any digital distribution service - it simply includes a shared one with its games and doesn't allow other developers to use it. EA allows its games to be sold on various services but specifically boycotts Steam to benefit its bottom line. Put simply, EA is doing it to be greedy; Blizzard is doing it for the games.

41. Re: Twice the services, twice the fun? Apr 9, 2014, 06:33 theyarecomingforyou

Slick wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 01:13:
the solution to this isn't what people want to hear, but buy the game from their own publisher's service only. i'd buy the next Portal game from Steam, i'd buy Watch_Dogs from Uplay.
I don't WANT to use UPlay, so I have no intention of buying it through UPlay. It is much more convenient for me to keep all my games in one place and Steam has the best overall service (profiles, achievements, events, trading, etc).

Steam is nothing like the "mega-publisher they once fought against". The reason publishers don't want to turn it down is because that's where the consumers are. I really don't have any interest in managing dozens of digital distribution accounts when it's much more convenient to buy my games in one place. EA made things very simple for me by boycotting Steam - I no longer by any EA games. Blizzard is different as it doesn't sell games through other stores (Steam, Origin, GMG, etc) and because it isn't done for anti-consumer reasons.

26. Re: Watch Dogs Requires Uplay Apr 8, 2014, 15:16 theyarecomingforyou

Prez wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 10:09:
The best thing I can say about Uplay is that it doesn't piss me off much, so it's not a deal-breaker.
Ditto. I don't even have a problem with Origin, it's just that I can't buy EA games on Steam. The main service I've had issues with is GFWL, as that was a disaster - constant updates, corrupted saves, difficult to backup saves, etc. Rockstar Social Club is pretty fucking tedious too.

UPlay doesn't bother me. Sure I'd rather not have it but it's not going to stop me buying a game.

News Comments > Full Watch Dogs System Specs
36. Re: Full Watch Dogs System Specs Apr 7, 2014, 05:37 theyarecomingforyou

To justify such high specs the game better look and play the part. I really hope it does, as PC gaming has always been about pushing the edge. There really isn't any excuse for gamers having less than 8GB RAM and the eight-core CPU recommendation lists an Intel 3770K (a 4-core CPU with hyperthreading) so that looks mostly aimed at AMD users.

As for console versus PC, the XB1 and PS4 are limited to 30fps and run sub-1080p/1080p - as long as the PC version isn't framerate limited then it's a no brainer.

News Comments > Diablo III XP Bonus
56. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Apr 7, 2014, 05:29 theyarecomingforyou

Redmask wrote on Apr 6, 2014, 13:29:
It's not hard to be better than Act 4 and you haven't said anything to change my mind about what I disliked.
I'm not trying to claim the storywriting is anything special, just that it's on par with the original game and better than some of the acts. As I said, I don't have any issue with the storytelling - my issue was the lack of originality (locations, enemies) and that there was only one act.

As for my problems with Blizzard and my name change, I said that I wanted to make an official complaint and that escalated the problem. It turns out that I didn't actually need to send any physical documentation and my account details were updated within 12hrs. I don't know whether it's just because I kicked up a fuss or because the initial customer support representative was misinformed (as Blizzard claimed) but it's all resolved now.

39. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Apr 6, 2014, 13:00 theyarecomingforyou

Redmask wrote on Apr 6, 2014, 12:01:
The new act sucks. I'm sorry but it does.
I disagree. It's much better than Act IV and it's solid. The biggest criticism is that it's not original enough (locations, enemies) and that there's only one act. It's not like the main story was especially strong anyway.

For me it was just what I expected - more of the same.

36. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Apr 6, 2014, 09:52 theyarecomingforyou

I'm really pissed off with Blizzard at the moment. Recently I legally changed my name and provided those details to Blizzard as requested (scanned passport and deed poll) yet they're requiring me to send physical documentation over to France before they'll change it. I didn't have to send any physical documentation to the UK government when I informed them of my name change for tax purposes yet a fucking video game requires me to jump through hoops. I didn't have any of these problems with Steam or Origin.

Blizzard is fucking anal about their real name policy.

27. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Apr 5, 2014, 13:43 theyarecomingforyou

I'm loving the new expansion and the update. Crafting is now meaningful, rare item drops are more consistent and the adventure mode is a blast. The expansion is a little weak in terms of content, as you get one new class and one new act, but I'm more than happy with my purchase.

The game is much better balanced now and a lot more enjoyable. Most of the criticisms I had have been addressed. Definitely worth getting back into.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Rumor Extravaganza
26. Re: Far Cry 4 Rumor Extravaganza Mar 23, 2014, 14:40 theyarecomingforyou

The second island in Far Cry 3 was a complete let down. It was just more of the same, only the colour scheme was more drab and the novelty had worn off. There wasn't much in the way of story there - it was all filler.

Personally I'm glad that they're changing it up. Far Cry 2 was a bold new direction for the franchise and one that I think paid off well; Far Cry 3 went back to the island setting but improved the storytelling and gameplay (aside from the pointless sidequests). It would have been pretty dull just setting Far Cry 4 on another island, so a mountain setting sounds good.

News Comments > Bulletstorm Disappears from Steam
4. Re: Bulletstorm Disappears from Steam Mar 22, 2014, 15:05 theyarecomingforyou

That reminds me, I still haven't completed this. But it still pisses me off that the game doesn't allow you to jump - it's a console game through and through.  

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Rumor Extravaganza
1. Re: Far Cry 4 Rumor Extravaganza Mar 21, 2014, 19:33 theyarecomingforyou

Woohoo! That is all.  

News Comments > New AMD Catalyst 14.2 Beta Adds THIEF Mantle Support
4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 18, 2014, 17:00 theyarecomingforyou

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Mar 18, 2014, 14:09:
That should be 14.3, 14.2's have been out for a couple of weeks.
Interestingly enough, the title of the page says 4.2 but the page itself says 4.3. It seems that AMD is a bit confused itself.

5912 Comments. 296 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo