Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
West Point, NE 02/20

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonas Taylor

Real Name Jonas Taylor   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname theyarecomingforyou
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 8, 2005, 11:25
Total Comments 6125 (Guru)
User ID 22891

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel DLC & Patch Warning
3. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel DLC & Patch Warning Jan 27, 2015, 11:47 theyarecomingforyou

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 27, 2015, 10:46:
And it doesn't even work, try doing it, if a game has a queued update steam won't let you start it even offline.
Exactly. Steam should allow you to rollback to any previous version, as you would a traditional game.

I was annoyed when Ubisoft recently released a patch to improve performance for Assassin's Creed: Unity that actually broke SLI and made things worse - before it was actually working fine.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel DLC & Patch Warning
1. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel DLC & Patch Warning Jan 27, 2015, 10:45 theyarecomingforyou

Putting Steam into Offline Mode just to prevent ONE game from downloading a problematic patch is NOT a viable solution. Steam allows users, via the Beta tab, to run a different build of the game - Gearbox could simply allow users to roll back to the previous version.  

News Comments > DOOM Mythbusters
26. Re: DOOM Mythbusters Jan 27, 2015, 06:29 theyarecomingforyou

This is why I stopped watching Mythbusters about ten years back. It went from real myths to entertainment bullshit.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Public Test Universe for All Backers
45. Re: Star Citizen Public Test Universe for All Backers Jan 22, 2015, 10:17 theyarecomingforyou

Anyone following the game will know that this is a positive move. A lot of people play Arena Commander on a regular basis and therefore if a patch goes wrong it impacts a lot of people. This is a way to work out some of the unexpected issues beforehand.  

News Comments > LucasArts Wave II on GOG.com
5. Re: LucasArts Wave II on GOG.com Jan 20, 2015, 13:12 theyarecomingforyou

Creston wrote on Jan 20, 2015, 12:04:
X-Wing Alliance. WOOOOO!
I loved that game. I played it lots back in the day, until my CD broke in the disc drive - it snapped from the centre out. If only digital distribution had existed back then.

Still, I think Tie Fighter was easily the better game overall.

PS - As mentioned, the prices are ridiculous for virtually obsolete games.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare "Reverse Boosting" Bans
3. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Jan 19, 2015, 12:06 theyarecomingforyou

Linksil wrote on Jan 19, 2015, 12:04:
I was wondering the same thing. I mean yea your down one player as a team... but most online matches in this game I have played, you are always "Down one" or up to 4 players. How is getting a ban from this and ruining the suicide players version of fun in the game different then someone that puts in 100,000 hours and comes in 1 shotting everyone on my team and ruining my exp in the game? It's impossible to ban someone for ruining fun when they find that fun themselves. Might as well ban everyone on the server at the time for having fun.
One individual's fun cannot come at the expense of everyone on the server. Cheaters have fun but that doesn't mean such behaviour should be tolerated.

News Comments > Sid Meier's Starships Announced
7. Re: Sid Meier's Starships Announced Jan 19, 2015, 11:51 theyarecomingforyou

I really hope this game has some depth - heck, we don't even know what it is. Maybe it will be like FTL? Here's hoping.

However, the lack of any gameplay videos or screenshots and the release being this spring raises some warning flags.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders
33. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders Jan 17, 2015, 08:17 theyarecomingforyou

Redmask wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 19:51:
The port of Max Payne 3 on the other hand was fucking stellar.
No, it really wasn't. The performance and visuals were fine but that was achieved by placing in obnoxious load times that were concealed by pre-rendered, ultra compressed low fidelity cutscenes at 720p. When I first played the game I thought it was broken as the visual quality was disgusting - then the cutscene ended and the in-game visuals were great. Unfortunately the pre-rendered cutscenes were everywhere and it ruined enjoyment of the game.

jimnms wrote on Jan 17, 2015, 00:09:
I'm confused. Headscratch First we're begging R* to give us GTA V on PC, and now that they've "remastered" it for PC and "next gen" consoles, given it a first person view and other enhancements, people are now bitching and saying they're going to pirate it because it took them too long.
The game should have been made to next-gen standards on PC from the get-go, just like Far Cry 3 was (a game that was never released on PS4 / XB1). FC3 managed a simultaneous launch, while taking full advantage of the PC platform. That's entirely different to RockCunts, which deliberately didn't release or announce a PC release and produced a game with shit visuals for crap-gen consoles - then when they do eventually get around to 'next-gen' quality they delay the PC release. So yes, I will happily berate RockCunts for repeatedly shafting PC gamers with a rusty dildo.

No self-respecting PC gamer should even consider buying this title at full price, let alone pre-ordering it.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders
8. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders Jan 16, 2015, 19:22 theyarecomingforyou

nin wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 18:58:
It was a bit piggish, for it's time.
For its time? I get 30-45fps now with an i7 @ 4.6GHz, 12GB RAM and 2x GTX 970 OC at 1600p. Crysis, on the otherhand, runs at 60fps at max settings with 4xAA.

GTA4 was an abortion of a port and nobody in their right mind should preorder GTA5. Even if it's a good port it should be boycotted because of the shitty treatment PC users have been given. If you want to play it this is one of the few games I recommend you pirate. Stop supporting shitty developers.

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Free Weekend
9. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Free Weekend Jan 16, 2015, 09:19 theyarecomingforyou

Personally I really like the game. It has its faults but the negative reviews on Steam are completely unjustified.

I really do hope it receives some content patches and a couple of expansions, because the game has so much potential. It's not there yet - much like the first release of any Civ game - but it easily could be.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Content Update Next Month
16. Re: Elite: Dangerous Content Update Next Month Jan 16, 2015, 06:12 theyarecomingforyou

Paying to get beta access? Fucking hell, this guy needs a slap.  

News Comments > Mafia III News Soon?
7. Re: Mafia III News Soon? Jan 7, 2015, 20:56 theyarecomingforyou

For what it's worth I loved Mafia II. It wasn't an open-world game like GTA4 but rather a very directed experience and I much preferred it. It also helped that the PC release was excellent, unlike the abomination that was GTA4. The graphics were superb for the time.

I'm very much looking forward to Mafia III.

News Comments > Origin PC CEO: Steam Controller Finalized; Steam Machines "Pretty Much Dead"
13. Re: Origin PC CEO: Steam Controller Finalized; Steam Machines Jan 7, 2015, 20:52 theyarecomingforyou

I don't see how 'Living Room PC' is a sensible alternative to the Steam Machines brand - it's rather vague.

As for the HL3 mentions, I'd be surprised if HL3 isn't released to coincide with the launch of Steam Machines (or whatever they're called) and bundled free with them. I can't imagine Valve has just been sitting on the Half-Life brand for no particular reason. Further, I would expect an Orange Box style bundle with other titles - maybe a new Portal (if HL3 doesn't already merge with that universe), L4D or CS. Valve has also shown a strong interest in VR, meaning we could see Oculus Rift support as a major feature.

Regardless, Valve really needs to step up its game. Fans don't want a yearly release like COD but the last instalment was eight years ago. That's pretty ridiculous.

News Comments > Borderlands Creative Director Joins Robot
3. Re: Borderlands Creative Director Joins Robot Jan 7, 2015, 06:16 theyarecomingforyou

Jerykk wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 02:55:
F2P and P2W are not synonymous. DotA2 is F2P and the only things you can buy are cosmetic items. As with all things, it's a matter of implementation.
Exactly. It comes down to the implementation, though admittedly Valve is about the only company to get it right.

News Comments > Steam Beta Adds FPS Counter
3. Re: Steam Beta Adds FPS Counter Jan 5, 2015, 16:34 theyarecomingforyou

All these little features are nice but the Steam client itself is in need of a major overhaul. It just isn't suited to keeping large games libraries organised.  

News Comments > Survarium EU Open Beta
2. Re: Survarium EU Open Beta Jan 5, 2015, 14:30 theyarecomingforyou

Looks exactly like STALKER, only now the visuals are ridiculously dated. Pass.  

News Comments > Far Cry Poll
1. Re: Far Cry Poll Jan 5, 2015, 10:21 theyarecomingforyou

No to all of those. If they want to take the game in a new direction then set it in an open world city, make the lead character a woman and make it so that there are consequences to every action, like in the Telltale games. Far Cry 4 was a great game but the choices were largely meaningless.  

News Comments > Steam Tops 8.5M Concurrent Users [Updated]
21. Re: Steam Tops 8.5M Concurrent Users [Updated] Jan 3, 2015, 18:33 theyarecomingforyou

Acleacius wrote on Jan 3, 2015, 18:12:
There seems to be a bug, where all the Friends list log offs are the same. I.e. atm all my Friends list looks like they all logged off at the same time 3 hours ago.
It's based on the time you connect to the Steam Community. That means if there's an outage, and there frequently is, that it resets all the times. Valve really needs to improve the reliability of the Steam Community - I can't tell you how many times I've been kicked out of games that depend on it for multiplayer.

News Comments > Steam Tops 8.5M Concurrent Users [Updated]
3. Re: Steam Tops 8.5M Concurrent Users Jan 3, 2015, 11:39 theyarecomingforyou

Simon Says wrote on Jan 3, 2015, 11:05:
ONLY 8.5M? I thought Steam was the revolutionary shiznit and everything hearing people talk about it here...
You can keep pretend that Steam isn't a major player but you're going to look like a muppet.

News Comments > Another Steam Concurrent User Record
9. Re: Another Steam Concurrent User Record Jan 2, 2015, 20:17 theyarecomingforyou

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 2, 2015, 18:29:
Great. But it's also down right now. Fuck DRM. Fuck it good! lol
That's the first time I recall Steam being down to the point that you couldn't even login. Was quite surprised, especially as the sale is now over and demand should have dropped.

6125 Comments. 307 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo