Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for General Ego

Real Name General Ego   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 9, 2005, 16:08
Total Comments 110 (Novice)
User ID 22844

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > Mass Effect Patch Plans
18. Re: Mass Effect Patch Plans Feb 2, 2009, 09:11 General Ego

wow, another patch

after half a year

|[ Jesus is coming. Look busy! ]|
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Lineage II: Hellbound Released
3. Re: is this the expansion Apr 24, 2008, 13:57 General Ego

it is

friend who still plays on and off tells me that most farmers have left his server and now crafting materials have become stupidly rare and expensive (even more than they were before, w/e, I played it for like 2 months in 2004 and never looked back)

News Comments > PC Mass Effect 2 Confirmed
6. Re: Dear Bioware.. Mar 14, 2008, 08:58 General Ego

because PC fanboys feel negleced by Bioware I guess - that, and the internets are serious business!  

News Comments > Windows LIVE Boycott
37. Re: No subject Mar 4, 2008, 08:59 General Ego

Hmm, I thought the only thing wrong with PC gaming was that almost every PC game coming out now is a multiplatform release (i.e. developed for the 360 and half-ass ported to the PC) that lacks the depth, variety, challenge and longevity of games made 10 years ago.

keep repeating that and maybe it will become true - until then, enjoy the situation getting worse because piracy won't exactly change this

News Comments > THQ Director Blames Piracy for Iron Lore Closure
68. piracy apologists Mar 4, 2008, 08:55 General Ego

yawn, another Blues topic full of morons trying to justify piracy

everytime I read crap like these comments I can't but think PC fanboys who rather steal their games and then fill forums with their dumb excuses deserve all the shit that's going on with the PC as a gaming platform, the sooner it "dies" the better (and with "die" I mean "the only games that will remain are stuff you freaks won't play because you're above it - like The Sims - or can't play because you can't run pirated copies 100% - like WoW ") - in before "but we don't want that big budget crap anyway"... have fun

(and On Topic, yes he was ranting and yes he wasn't clear in some points and overexaggerated others, the THQ man makes a few good points)

News Comments > BioWare on the EA Deal
21. Re: No subject Oct 13, 2007, 06:05 General Ego

Then he had to leave, and he formed Lionhead, which he immediately sold to EA (because apparently it takes a few times before he gets something), and the first thing he said was. "We're still independent!"

And I mean, just LOOK at the quality titles those two studios are still releasing!
all good points on EA and the Biodemic acquisition (can these guys be any more na´ve?), but Lionhead was sold to Microsoft, not EA - they let EA publish their games but sold the studio to Microsoft.

whatever you might think about their latest games, I don't see how they're influenced by Microsoft beyond the obvious "must develop for Xbox 360 first and foremost" urges, and technically, they have been doing console development for a while (anyone remember BC?) so it's hard to argue their games suffered from the studio losing independence, and only because of that

EA, however, is a different thing in my book, especially since they have proven about 1337 times that any "all things remain the same" claims are nothing but hot air

News Comments > America's Army Backlash
18. Re: No subject Sep 5, 2007, 09:52 General Ego

Jesus Saves... the rest of you take damage!

not what I had in mind after reading those comments, but fitting nonetheless

News Comments > Mercenaries 2 Delayed?
12. Re: No subject Sep 5, 2007, 09:48 General Ego

I'm glad we're talking about Mercenaries 2 here

News Comments > BioShock Activations Upped, Widescreen Patch Planned
116. Re: ... Aug 24, 2007, 15:55 General Ego

At this point, I think anyone would be willing (and rightfully so) to use an illegal version that lets them be free of Securom.
this - and I usually disagree with how Jerykk sees the whole piracy issue, but if there's a better way to drive people to use cracks or even download full ISOs, it's retarded│ DRM/copy protection like this

the best thing is, tons of people preordered the game and 2k never felt like telling anyone they'd use what's probably the most draconian video game DRM after StarForce

and re: the video card issue, I'm sorry to agree with Mr. Tinfoilhat, but no one who knows the bare minimum about video cards is gonna take "X1300 or better" as a hint that a X800 or 850 isn't supported, "1300 > 800, QED" doesn't work

as an example how they should have explicitly stated the requirement for a SM3.0 card, take a look at the box of Double Agent (eg.)

This comment was edited on Aug 24, 15:56.

News Comments > BioWare's MMO License
14. Re: No subject Jul 19, 2007, 14:42 General Ego

So BioWare is going to betray their roots... or what?

well yeah, I guess if you wanna be all emo and melodramatic, you could say that

or you could acknowledge they want to try something new - if it keeps them in business to make more excellent PC (and console, I really don't care) games, why not make an MMO

and it's not like there's nothing to improve in the MMO genre anymore, so good luck BioWare

This comment was edited on Jul 19, 14:42.

News Comments > The End of Starsiege TRIBES
15. Re: Open it up Jul 19, 2007, 14:39 General Ego

Ask the crowd who says Fallout 3 can't work on a console.

if you ask the crowd it will tell you Fallout 3 will totally suck because of the lack of groin shots

and I'm not even going to mention the Tribes fanbase which is even worse

This comment was edited on Jul 19, 14:39.

News Comments > Tap Lara Croft
4. Re: I am... Jun 5, 2007, 04:24 General Ego

I figure, TRA being a remake of the first TR, they intentionally did not include the gimmicks of Legend you're missing now  

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patches
7. Re: No subject May 30, 2007, 18:25 General Ego

from my limited experience, it seems to have helped (but then again, so did their hotfix, a single line you could paste into your config file or set via the game)

yay for the patch and fix
boo for the downloader

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Shadowrun
34. Re: No subject May 30, 2007, 13:44 General Ego

well, maybe it's incentive enough for people to try to "port" D3D10 to XP, however difficult/impossible that will prove  

News Comments > DiRT Preorders
2. Re: The usual May 30, 2007, 10:34 General Ego

StarForce must die

but I have to say it was very clever from SF to hide the splash screen from Joe User, a lot of people who cried bloody murder whenever they saw SF protected games don't even notice this game is StarForce-infested beause there's no funky splash screen anymore, so it's safe to buy/use - amirite?

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Shadowrun
30. Re: lol May 30, 2007, 10:28 General Ego

Bitch and moan about Vista all you want even though in a year or so everyone will eventually be moving to it.

my Windows 2000 works just fine, still - but thanks

(ok, there's an increasing number of games which require me to jump through hoops to play them, and others which don't run period, but I can live with that as much as I can live with "no Halo 2 on PC" or with "no Pseudo-Shadowrun")

News Comments > Spector Woos Hollywood
17. Re: No subject May 29, 2007, 18:31 General Ego

What does Jade Empire and KOTOR have to do with this announcement?

besides the fact that I disagree with the people who think both these games sucked, that's essentially what I was trying to get at

News Comments > Spector Woos Hollywood
5. Re: No subject May 29, 2007, 11:58 General Ego

And I was just thinking what a horrible game Jade Empire is and how far Bioware has fallen; Ninja Gold is just what I need, more crap from another "has been".

excuse me?

News Comments > Blizzard Sues Gold Farmers
22. Re: :) May 27, 2007, 08:15 General Ego

i agree, they have no-one to blame but themselves really.

I'm sorry, but that's total bullshit, and I usually don't agree with MMO design when it comes to grinding

but the epic mounts have always been huge money sinks. They are not supposed to be had the day you hit 70, they are there for the people who play at level 70 for a long time, who progress through endgame content to have something to work for, something else to spend their money on because except for repairs and the odd pots, most of the level-up timesinks disappear - especially the skill updates and trainer-taught recipes and tradeskill upgrades, and at the endgame there's even less need to buy gear off the AH than in the content before

besides repairs and skills, spending money in WoW is entirely optional, you can get almost everything you need from quests and drops - and that's the key issue: people think they need an epic mount when they clearly don't (unless it's to compete in some way or another, then FFS put in the time to get it yourself). I'm against the morons who declare people in WoW get everything handed to them on a silver platter, but when people start to bitch and moan because a totally optional item requires a bit of (boring, I give you that) effort on their end, I can't but think in some extent the WoW flamers are right

and in this regards, everyone who buys gold in WoW is a fucking moron - people like that should obviously quit playing MMOs, I don't see any game in the genre where money a) is as easy to get and b) doesn't help you a lot as in WoW with all the quest rewards and soulbound instance drops

so no, it's not Blizzard's fault that companies like IGE and their subsidiaries and competition ruin the genre by spamming people with gold-seller ads and providing idiots with gold they don't deserve (and before anyone comes up with the "but I have a life" excuse, don't play freaking MMOs when your RL commitments prevent you from having fun, QUIT the darn game and go play less demanding multi- or even singleplayer games where no one cares if you cheat to become god)

This comment was edited on May 27, 08:17.

News Comments > Open Letter to CCP
5. Re: No subject May 26, 2007, 17:54 General Ego

Perhaps if the community had a bit of discipline and boycotted this game CCP would discover it cared a whole lot more than they thought once their profits begin to shrink.

ok that I totally agree with - if more people (namely MMO players) at least temporarily quit when the developers of their games obviously suck, the genre would be a better place

but alas, people rather stick to their game and whine on forums than vote with their wallets

110 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo