Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Grumpy Sod

Real Name Grumpy Sod   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 8, 2005, 15:09
Total Comments 111 (Novice)
User ID 22835

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > World of Warcraft Hotfix
4. Re: World of Warcraft Hotfix Mar 29, 2010, 03:32 Grumpy Sod

Same here. Nothing fixed it seems. Zoning everywhere hangs.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Nine Million Free Realms Registrations
4. Re: Nine Million Free Realms Registrations Mar 6, 2010, 03:16 Grumpy Sod

Mine still plays, but once in a blue moon. It's just one of many games she occasionally fires up for half an hour, so it's not like it's got her hooked as I imagine they'd like.

It has, however, given us the ideal opportunity to introduce her to the idea of NOT paying a subscription She keeps being told she needs to be a full member, but we've managed to convince her she doesn't really need it. So a life lesson thanks to Sony, wth?

News Comments > Gold - Metro 2033
7. Re: Gold - Metro 2033 Mar 5, 2010, 13:57 Grumpy Sod

InBlack wrote on Mar 5, 2010, 10:54:
They eat the Eloi that live on the surface stupid!

News Comments > Portal Patched
20. Re: Portal Patched Mar 2, 2010, 09:28 Grumpy Sod

Prez wrote on Mar 2, 2010, 05:33:
The cake was a lie. It said so right on the walls of every secret hidey hole you found, for Pete's sake!

Of course whoever wrote that was not privy to the fact that there was, indeed, cake. They were simply sure by the point they hid there that the cake was a lie.

News Comments > King's Quest Fan Game Killed
23. Re: King's Quest Fan Game Killed Mar 1, 2010, 18:52 Grumpy Sod

Cutter wrote on Mar 1, 2010, 18:37:
There's nothing illegal in making a derrivitive work.

Wouldn't be much going on in the AAA gaming world if there were

News Comments > King's Quest Fan Game Killed
21. Re: King's Quest Fan Game Killed Mar 1, 2010, 18:30 Grumpy Sod

Tumbler wrote on Mar 1, 2010, 17:44:
Can't they just rename the project to be Prince Trek or something silly like that? I suppose since they've were clearly working with the KQ IP owners before you can't just pretend it has nothing to do with KQ now?

Wouldn't matter if it was blatently the same project repackaged. As long as the product doesn't appear to be claiming to be connected with their IP then I think they lose the right to tell them to stop. It's the names, likenesses, etc they can get pissy about. Change those and you can make a damn identical clone game and not get shut down. They'd be mad to not make some changes and get it released.

Good use of that Jurassic Park rant earlier, shame the character was a dick

News Comments > Transformers: War for Cybertron Trailer
1. Re: Transformers: War for Cybertron Trailer Feb 27, 2010, 14:12 Grumpy Sod

Cynic as I am, I hope it plays as good as that trailer makes it look.  

News Comments > Ubisoft DRM and the Armed Forces
13. Re: Ubisoft DRM and the Armed Forces Feb 24, 2010, 14:15 Grumpy Sod

My worry is that AC2 will still sell well due to lack of knowledge. I think we overestimate what percentage of sales we online, savvy gamers represent.

I would bet money that the average highstreet gamer will see "Online Connection Required For Play" on the box and not bat an eyelid thinking it just means for online multiplayer. And that's a sale right there.

News Comments > Subversion Details
9. Re: cool concept Feb 23, 2010, 05:51 Grumpy Sod

Uplink and this seem exactly like a true Shadowrun game, rather than the action shooter we got. I had somehow missed Uplink till this news post but I've now rectified that  

News Comments > Gold - Dawn of War II - Chaos Rising
6. Re: Gold - Dawn of War II - Chaos Rising Feb 22, 2010, 10:54 Grumpy Sod

said Travis Plane, Vice President of Global Brand Management

When will companies learn that people with titles like this make us not believe a word they said purely from their job title?

"it's great" said Mr Smith, Chief Pimper of Game Company X

Just get one of your coders to say what they think of the final product and we'll listen a bit more

News Comments > No More WoW Tiered Raids Before Cataclysm
34. Re: No More WoW Tiered Raids Before Cataclysm Feb 15, 2010, 10:14 Grumpy Sod

Bronco wrote on Feb 15, 2010, 09:50:
They will also release the new talent trees in a patch before the next xpac further simplifying existing content.

No new talent trees, only new talent points.

News Comments > No More WoW Tiered Raids Before Cataclysm
30. Re: No More WoW Tiered Raids Before Cataclysm Feb 15, 2010, 07:17 Grumpy Sod

Krovven wrote on Feb 15, 2010, 03:39:
It would be nice if they put in the occasional old style dungeon I guess.

They will be turning some (if not all) old world dungeons into lvl 85+ Heroic dungeons. My understanding is some changes will be made, fewer mobs, etc.

That's been changed. They're only doing that to SFK and Deadmines. What a let down...

News Comments > PC Mass Effect 2 Dual Core Fix
17. Re: PC Mass Effect 2 Dual Core Fix Feb 6, 2010, 18:39 Grumpy Sod

I had terrible load times in ME2 at first, then happened to reinstalled Win 7 from the RC to my legit copy and suddenly all load times were gone. Though that's probably just a sign of how bloated I'd let the RC install get.  

News Comments > On Importing ME2 Saves Into ME3
20. Re: On Importing ME2 Saves Into ME3 Feb 6, 2010, 13:33 Grumpy Sod

Acleacius wrote on Feb 6, 2010, 10:31:
Hell a big problem I see with what they did wrong is why the hell are we level 50 out of one play of the game. What are we going to be level 100 when we complete ME3, wtf? That doesn't seem a little odd, why do we need to have so many damn levels?

Does Bioware think this is a AoC game or something with a level 70 cap on the first release?

Have you even played ME1 followed by 2? It doesn't sound like it. Our level 60 chars from the first one started again at level 1 this time round. I don't see anyone else confused or whining about it.

News Comments > On the Old Republic's Sith Inquisitor
5. Re: On the Old Republic's Sith Inquisitor Feb 5, 2010, 19:53 Grumpy Sod

I can see it now "You hit endorian rabbit for 10 points of Knowledge. It dies"  

News Comments > BioWare Making Dragon Age II "Visually Super Hot"
36. Re: BioWare Making Dragon Age 2 Jan 31, 2010, 11:25 Grumpy Sod

Also remember that first time round on ME we got a delayed PC port, this time round they gave us a better deal, not a shittier one. I'd say there's not much risk of them suddenly deciding to shaft PC owners on DA2, EA or not.  

News Comments > On Mass Effect 2 DLC and Mass Effect 3
5. Re: On Mass Effect 2 DLC and Mass Effect 3 Jan 11, 2010, 11:28 Grumpy Sod

nin wrote on Jan 11, 2010, 10:50:
The PC version of 2 is being handled in house, isn't it?

(In addition to my gripes last week) I go to fight the bitch in hot labs. Only I get stuck on the wall and can't move or shoot. So I get killed and reload. Only this time, I get stuck on the wall AGAIN, and still can't move or shoot, and this time, they can't kill me. And the ESC key (to take me out to the menu, to reload my game) doesn't work either. I have to task manager out, kill the game, and then restart it, just so I can do the boss fight a 3rd time, and hope that it doesn't bug out again.

I got stuck in the gantry repeatedly in the hot labs too. Thankfully Wrex polished them off for me and the cut scene that followed unstuck me.

News Comments > On Mass Effect 2 Enemy Defenses
9. Re: On Mass Effect 2 Enemy Defenses Jan 7, 2010, 16:59 Grumpy Sod

Ecthelion wrote on Jan 7, 2010, 15:46:
Being limited to the pistol did make combat more annoying, but I managed to muddle through. But I'm glad my engineer will be able to be more effective in ME2.

I loved the pistol. It was pretty much all I used on my Infiltrator throughout the whole thing.

News Comments > Cliffski: Devs Should Eat Their Own Dog Food
10. Re: Cliffski: Devs Should Eat Their Own Dog Food Jan 7, 2010, 07:11 Grumpy Sod

Umbragen wrote on Jan 7, 2010, 03:07:
I think 'Devs' should finish more than four games before they get to wear the title.

Considering he has made four on his own, I think he has earnt it more than most people in games dev studios who you would presumably call devs on their first title, mainly because you'd just look at the studio name.

Just because games come from a recognised developer, does not mean every person making the game has more games under their belts than this guy.

News Comments > On WoW Earthquakes
5. Re: On WoW Earthquakes Dec 31, 2009, 16:44 Grumpy Sod

nin wrote on Dec 31, 2009, 15:00:
they're not build up for Cataclysm.

The response from the devs seem to suggest otherwise.

The one where they laugh with contempt at the idea? Yes, clearly it suggests otherwise.

111 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo