Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Grumpy Sod

Real Name Grumpy Sod   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 8, 2005, 15:09
Total Comments 111 (Novice)
User ID 22835

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. May 6, 2014, 15:14 Grumpy Sod

mch wrote on May 6, 2014, 14:39:
BicycleRepairMan wrote on May 6, 2014, 13:24:
"The fall down of evolution" what the hell does that mean? shouldnt it be "the downfall" or "the fall", and how can "evolution" fall(down)? are we talking about biological evolution? Evolution is simply a natural process of change, it will go on no matter what, and it has no goals or ambitions, it just happens.

I was thinking the same thing. Could be that English isn't their first language?

For a colloquially snappier title, I'd opt for the alliterations "End of Evolution" or "Evolution's End". It does sound a little like they just wanted to wedge in "downfall" and couldn't though.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Monaco's Final Chapter Released
8. Re: Monaco's Final Chapter Released Apr 6, 2014, 05:09 Grumpy Sod

Hyatus wrote on Apr 5, 2014, 23:13:
I just went to the Steam link to see if I wanted to buy it and found that I already did. Either I've switched dimensions or I spend far too much money on Steam. Or possibly, both.

It's a free weekend, so it shows up as owned for everyone.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 28, 2014, 15:18 Grumpy Sod

Creston wrote on Mar 28, 2014, 14:58:
2) Bill Murray is one of the Walking Dead.

Yeah, but the man still dresses like he forgot to stop channeling Hunter S. Thompson, which is awesome.

News Comments > Dead Space Free on Origin
34. Re: Dead Space Free on Origin Mar 28, 2014, 03:28 Grumpy Sod

Their call center here in the UK is one of the few places I'll actually go 'oh okay, sure' about contacting. They're actually locally staffed, which is a MASSIVE thing when trying to explain a problem to someone, plus I've never had to do that whole *deep breath and try to explain in laymans terms* thing I always have to do with indian call centers.

They're polite, well spoken, they get the problem, they fix it. I've had new cd keys, account merges, all manner of fixes done, and never had a headache with them. It was a total shock to find out that EA of all people had a support system done right.

Doesn't stop my hate for the douche things they pull on a global scale, but I have had no problems at all with Origin or the 'ground level' of EA.

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
4. Re: Morning Screenshots Mar 27, 2014, 14:28 Grumpy Sod

netnerd85 wrote on Mar 27, 2014, 13:56:
I am IRONBAT!

Except isn't that looking like it's one of the bad guys, not bats?

News Comments > Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled
116. Re: Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled Mar 26, 2014, 08:13 Grumpy Sod

Wookiestick wrote on Mar 25, 2014, 20:46:
I had to check the date to make sure it wasn't April 1st.

This. I haven't been this gutted about something I had yet to put money down for in a long time. No investment but hope and excitement, but fuck that now

News Comments > Monster Madness Online "Pre-Alpha"
5. Re: Monster Madness Online Feb 9, 2014, 06:12 Grumpy Sod

That's the article I remember reading. I've actually had dealings with the guy, and he was all friendly until something didn't go how he expected and then he acted like the world revolved around him and how dare people waste his time (which he hadn't actually spent on the project). So wasn't surprised when I read the article.  

News Comments > Monster Madness Online "Pre-Alpha"
2. Re: Monster Madness Online Feb 8, 2014, 17:14 Grumpy Sod

Jeremy Stieglitz? As in, was told to leave the Dungeon Defenders team for being the most sexist arse of a male games developer ever? The reason a small girl has breasts and shakes her ass in said same game? Woo, can't wait to support him financially again...  

News Comments > Free Sanctum 2 Weekend
3. Re: Free Sanctum 2 Weekend Jan 24, 2014, 06:06 Grumpy Sod

jdreyer wrote on Jan 24, 2014, 02:38:
You know, I've never liked the word "sanctum." It's like the words anal and rectum got married and had a kid, and that's the kid's name.

Possibly also naming it after their friend, Scrotum. And yeah, the name bugs me too. Doesn't help that one of my kids forever pronounced it 'Skankton'. Sounds a real nice place to live

News Comments > LEGO Minifigures Beta Signups
2. Re: LEGO Minifigures Beta Signups Nov 4, 2013, 11:17 Grumpy Sod

MoonSpook wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 09:21:
Lego Universe take two, I guess. Hope it doesn't bomb as badly as that one did.

Except it's Funcom. And while I played a lot of Anarchy Online, and loved The Longest Journey, they're far from holding the best record with MMOs that don't have some clusterfuck of design problems crippling them.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
26. Re: Sunday Consolidation Oct 28, 2013, 08:39 Grumpy Sod

Julio wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 06:31:
So now we know why the name Xbox720 wasn't kept Too close to the truth.

QFT right there

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
2. Re: Sunday Consolidation Oct 27, 2013, 13:52 Grumpy Sod

I'd read this months ago, also on NeoGAF. There's a guy on the forums who's an MS engineer (the proper, hands in the system kind), and he basically said 'we cannot, no matter how hard we try, get anything to run at 1080p. we've been told we have to, with the current memory holding it back, but it's just not going to happen, it's pretty miserable'. Glad this made it to mainstream gaming news finally.  

News Comments > Op Ed
14. Re: Op Ed Sep 19, 2013, 10:51 Grumpy Sod

Verno wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 10:45:
I like RPS but this article was totally unnecessary.

Indeed. Though they'd clearly beg to differ with the preposterous
That really is the question these days, isnít it?
rhetoric

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Op Ed Sep 19, 2013, 10:49 Grumpy Sod

This isn't still partly about that stupid incident where he said that he agreed a bit of software teaching women to masturbate was justified for not deciding to include penises for trans people is it? That was fucking insane.

News Comments > Labor Day Previews
3. Re: Labor Day Previews Sep 3, 2013, 05:41 Grumpy Sod

I spent a hell of a long time in the original, and was very excited to hear this was coming, but this article has me instantly worried.

Fixed resources, powerup drops, sidekicks (?!!). It's sounding far too similar to the 'building on a great original' that was done with/to Sanctum, where 'building on' means 'crapping on and then making something totally unlike'.

News Comments > Sir, You Are Being Hunted Alpha Opens This Month
11. Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted Alpha Opens This Month Aug 11, 2013, 10:48 Grumpy Sod

Fibrocyte wrote on Aug 11, 2013, 07:05:
I'm looking forward to this but I'm going to try my best to skip the first several releases and purchase in either the beta or GA phase. I often grab these games in Alpha and am burned out on them long before they're finished.

Heh, I do the same. I hold up Don't Starve as exhibit A.

News Comments > Sir, You Are Being Hunted Alpha Opens This Month
9. Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted Alpha Opens This Month Aug 11, 2013, 06:54 Grumpy Sod

Having watched a few Let's Play type videos on YouTube, I can see why they say it's also ultimately not needed. You loot buildings through doors, and you can still hide behind them, so they still fulfil the majority of what you'd expect to obtain from a structure in a survival game.

Asking for an interior seems more of an 'I want realism' motivated request than any real need from a gameplay standpoint. That's how it appears from watching others play anyway, though it's apparent that the currently not included lean function is badly needed for hiding behind houses.

There are also already lots of people pissing and moaning about having to wait a whole couple of minutes to generate the game world, I can't imagine how many more non-technically minded people would complain if that went up by another few, which that post suggests it would have to.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Amazon Developing Android Console... Aug 9, 2013, 11:01 Grumpy Sod

nin wrote on Aug 9, 2013, 10:44:
I dunno - they did convince a lot of us to pay $79 a year for shipping.

Prime has probably been one of the better subscription schemes I've been paid up for. I've always been terrible for going 'meh, I already paid 50, what's another 5?' when I get to check out, so it's more than paid for itself.

News Comments > $1MM Saints Row IV Super Dangerous Wad Wad Edition
8. Re: $1MM Saints Row IV Super Dangerous Wad Wad Edition Aug 9, 2013, 10:48 Grumpy Sod

SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 9, 2013, 10:42:
So is Gamestop going to carry this edition?

They'll buy it back for $10 and then sell it back on for $999,995

News Comments > Deadpool Trailer
1. Re: Deadpool Trailer Jun 20, 2013, 15:27 Grumpy Sod

That's curious. The PC version was originally due last week, with two weeks lead on the consoles. Yet I've just checked amazon.co.uk and the PC version isn't even listed...  

111 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo